Blades of Glory Landscaping & Lawncare

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2009

PO Box 2506

Boerne, TX 78006

Blades of Glory Landscaping and Lawn care services, located in San Antonio, TX, provides lawn care service to the following surrounding areas: Boerne, Bulverde, Helotes, Spring Branch, and Garden Ridge. At Blades of Glory we specialize in landscape installation, lawn care, landscape lighting, sod installation, landscape design, irrigation, and masonry. We provide landscaping assistance for both residential and commercial landscaping projects. Please, feel free to give us a call or Contact Us for your free estimate! Additional DBA - Blades of Glory....

05/10/2020

Blair B.

DOES THIS LANDSCAPER WANT TO DO BUSINESS? Called Johnny Garcia at Blades of Glory Landscaping (Telephone: 210-818-8744) to set up an appointment. Left message. NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, fountains

Good morning we apologize for any confusion on our part we went through our call log and messages for the past three months and did not find any messages from you. I did look through our Angie's list messages and found that I had not responded to your quote request. Due to the Covid 19 situation our office is not open for full days and I am sorry that you must have fell through the cracks. We take pride in our customer service and feel badly that we did not answer you. We would have been glad to come and give you a quote. Thank you.

03/20/2019

PHIL H.

Everything went well. Johnny was a pleasure to work with. His crew did a great job.

Description of Work
Installation of landscape shrubbery

03/02/2019

Tom K.

They did an excellent job. I would highly recommend them for any of your landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Created raised bed for garden. Installed Zoysia grass in front and installed landscaping plants. They were on time, completed job as expected and cleaned up work areas. We are very pleased with their work and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Category landscaping, lawn service

11/11/2018

Mark A.

The two-man crew (Jesuar and Eric) went to work immediately, exposing the roots of five live oak trees. Moved the mulch and soil and added river rock around each tree. They then removed more mulch to create two "streams" of river rock. The mulch was transported and added to other areas of the front gardens. 1.5 cu yards of river rock was used. The crew did a great job, they were on time and very professional. This is my third time using Blades of Glory and I can't be pleased enough with their work.

Description of Work
Additional river rock added to front garden; mulch moved to other parts of gardens.

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], Thank you again for hiring us and allowing to serve you . We appreciate all the projects we have done for you and will look forward to the next one!! Blessings, Johnny G.

08/26/2018

James S.

Great work under tough weather conditions.

Description of Work
Constructed path and small off-path area.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Thank you and it was a great pleasure working with you too!! Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks ! Best, Johnny G.

07/10/2018

Elizabeth R.

I had a lot of work done. They removed the old lawn (dead) and brought in lots of soil to level out the yard (I had lots of erosion). They coordinated having a sprinkler system installed. They put in sod and lots of new plants and a few trees. They trimmed by big old oak trees. The work was fabulous. They did an amazing job! I can not say enough good things about this business.

Description of Work
Sprinkler system, sod, new plants

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service

02/06/2018

Ray B.

Owner of company, Johnny Garcia, responded promptly to request for walk-through and discussion of results desired. He provided multiple options as solutions, prepared written proposals, and began work as soon as I accepted. He and his staff kept me apprised of progress and sought my feedback as work continued. Workers did their work efficiently and results are great! When we discovered some irrigation damage after the final walk-through, Johnny responded quickly with his vendor to repair the damage to my satisfaction and at his expense.

Description of Work
Scope of work included landscaping solution for left & right sides of house to correct and prevent future soil erosion, and to include pathway solutions on each side with more level grading. Solution was comprised of soil buildup, weed prevention, small retaining wall, ground cover, flagstones, and paver walkway.

Category landscaping, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

01/24/2018

Pat S.

First let me say I am not reviewing quality of work completed. I am reviewing professionalism. I spoke with the owner of this business at my home about a project that involved resloping a back yard, removing a number of bushes, and redoing a walkway through the back yard. He was very pleasant, listened to my requests, took measurements, and said he would send a quote. I never heard back. I don't mind if someone decides they don't want to do a project. I do believe it is highly unprofessional to not say so. Thankfully I have been able to find a number of other landscape companies willing to both speak with me, and offer a quote.

Description of Work
No work completed.

Category landscaping

We met on a Friday and had the bid out to you by Monday, I got your email incorrect. Forgive me for this mistake. I did resend it as soon as I saw this review. Giving me an "F" for making an email mistake doesn't constitute making a hasty review of my business for everyone to see. I will get with Angie's list to get this review off or maybe I should just leave it on for how ridiculous it is to make my point, Thanks so much, J

01/08/2018

Ernest C.

They did an excellent job in a surprisingly short time.

Description of Work
Needed to have overgrown landscaping cleaned up.

10/09/2017

Tyler C.

I now know where the saying "Johnny on the Spot" is from! Johnny was quick to return my initial phone call and worked around my schedule to come discuss the project in a matter of days. Once I decided to pull the trigger on the project, he squeezed me into his already busy schedule for the following week. I was amazed that they were able to turn around and perform the work so quickly. A team of about 4 or so guys worked 2 days straight to finish my project. They were all very nice and professional and knew what they were doing. The end result was just how I had imagined, plus some. Thanks to Johnny and his team for such great work. This is my second house I've used him on and will use him again I'm sure.

Description of Work
Had a crushed granite patio installed with nice rock border, privacy landscaping, minor sprinkler modifications, crepe myrtles and other plants in new flower bed in back yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

08/04/2017

Tera A.

I have written & sent positive reports on this company. Please check previous reports & don't email about this one again.

Description of Work
Landscaping

07/20/2017

Linda L.

They carefully removed all the mulch laid in my backyard, then turned on my irrigation drip lines to find a leak. I knew there was one, but they found 7! They then romoved all the weed deterrent fabric, being very careful not to harm any of the plants, and also removed the dead plants. They repaired all the leaks, laid down new fabric (correctly anchoring it in place, which the first landscaper did not do). They laid new mulch, 3" deep ( the other landscaper laid 1" or less). Mr Garcia replaced the dead and/or dying plants, keeping in mind the areas of my yard that receives little or no sun. One section of my border had what we assumed were really small rocks, but when they went to remove them they found that they had been placed flat. They dug up and fixed many of the rocks so now they contain the mulch which was the whole reason to begin with. I am Very pleased with the work they did for me. I can now sit outside and enjoy the view. I will hire them again, when I have another project. For all they did, the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I hired this company to fix the mess another landscaper left.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Thank you and we are very blessed to have your business! We will be ready for your next project!

07/11/2017

Benjamin O.

Not only did they do a great job when I hired them to lay down sod 9 months ago, but when the sod never took and died off (half of it), I let Jonny know about it. Without any hesitation, he offered to fix it at no cost to me. Now that is customer service! I decided to just have them rip up the dead sod and replace it with kiddie mulch (it is a small backyard space that kids play in), so I paid for the cost of the mulch itself - the labor was free, as it was a repair job. Now it looks great, and I am one happy customer. I will totally hire them again! Who cares if someone gives you a great price - good customer service is worth it's weight in gold.

Description of Work
Fix previously installed sod that died and replace with mulch

Category landscaping, mulch

07/07/2017

Margaret S.

They were prompt, courteous, and did a good job.

Description of Work
Planting bushes and smaller bedding plants, mulching, lawn dressing, general yard cleanup, outlined two beds with mortared chop block.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

05/25/2017

whitney B.

They were replacing the grass, and they made me pay for it. I'm not sure. I do not think that I should of had to pay for it. It should of had some sort of an warranty on it. They were again punctual. They did the job efficiently. He was courteous. He did give me some discount on the price of the grass. Its a matter of whether its his fault, or the weather's fault. Was it bad grass. Its unknown, so I can't fault him. He was not willing to take responsibility for it. I'm conflicted in what I think. I think he is an nice guy. I think he is an honest guy. What he did was perfect the first time.

Category landscaping

Thank you for your business!!

05/08/2017

Gloria L.

I like their responsiveness and engagement of their owner. He was the one that was out to do the initial evaluation and give me a cost estimate. He was out pretty much everyday to check on his workers. They gave me good suggestions on things to with my landscaping. I'm very, very satisfied with them.

Description of Work
I originally had them come out and do an estimate and work in February. They most recently were out working on mulch.

04/18/2017

Marianne L.

Wonderful. I am very happy with the entire experience, from the office support to the installation. The owner, Johnny Garcia was great with the bid. He worked with us to satisfy our budget without a problem. His crew was terrific. They were detail oriented and fast. I would highly recommend this company. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Removed five older Rosemary shrubs and replaced with new plantings. Transplanted five perennials that were in the wrong place and replaced with better-suited plants. Planted 12 small flats of Asiatic Jasmine in two large beds.

Category landscaping

Thank you so much it was a pleasure to work with you! Johnny Garcia

04/03/2017

Pat B.

Very well. Very professional, easy to work with, knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Multiple flower beds covered with nutrient soil, mulch. Some plants removed, some transplanted. New shrubs, flowers planted.

Category landscaping, mulch

03/31/2017

Sherry B.

Overpriced for amount of work actually done.

Description of Work
This changed as time went by. Did not meet my expectations

Category landscaping

Thank you for your response. Blades of glory always takes pride in our work and strives to exceed your expectations. Next time I will communicate with you better about my pricing. When my crew left on the last day we were there I called them and they said you were happy with the work. Please let me know what happened after they left. Thanks

03/22/2017

Nadene M.

Fair. Upro t worl went ok. Several plants died right off. When asked for a redo of one area. Did not return contact.

Description of Work
Redo front landscape

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

All my customers mean the world to me. Let me know what I can do for you.

03/21/2017

Gloria L.

Very, very well! The crew was on time, completed all the work in a day and a half and hauled away all of the brush and trimmings.

Description of Work
Annual clean-up of foundation and other beds' shrubbery, lawn dressing, and replacement of damage sod

Category lawn service

Thank you we appreciate your business!! Johnny Garcia

03/08/2017

cynthia A.

Great job. Appreciate the hard and professionalism of workers. 4 on property at a time and saved me 6 weeks of work.

Description of Work
Leaves removed from extensive flower beds and lawn of 1/3 acre property. Shrubs trimmed and trees trimmed.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you so much we enjoyed working with you. Please keep us in mind for any future landscape projects you need. Thank you. Johnny Garcia

02/01/2017

Pat H.

Pricing was the big issue. I got one of those cute offers. I priced some of their plants at a nursery and they were a lot more expensive than the nursery. I did the offer and then I did more. I felt like he was making up for the offer. Be sure that you know what you want to spend, due diligence on what it should cost and then, just be aware of that.

Description of Work
They created two planting beds and they also laid some brick pathways.

01/24/2017

Jeff F.

Johnny Garcia was a pleasure to work with, from our first meeting to our final walk through. He was pleasant, receptive, professional and eager to please. His work crews were on time, and courteous and kept a clean work site. Johnny had a vision for our yard that solved drainage issues and gave the back and side yards an updated look with river rocks and flagstones that should require less maintenance and less water and increase our property value. The plant choices were smart. Can't wait to see it all come to life in the spring.

Description of Work
Landscape consultation, plan and actual work

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

01/21/2017

LORNA P.

Very professional as always. Yard looks so much better and I love the new walkway.

Description of Work
Remove weeds, shrubs and rock steps. Replaced with sod, edging and new rock walkway.

Outdoor Comforts

We specialize in outdoor landscape lighting such as house accenting lights, trees and walkways. We also install in tree lighting. We offer free night demos so we can come and set up lights so you can see it before you purchase. We have been in business since 2014.

Masonry Arts

We are a full-service masonry co., locally owned & operated, & do all types of masonry work from entire new houses to commercial buildings to small mortar crack repairs. No job is too small as we treat all projects equally. We place extreme importance in our service, quality of work, & happiness of every customer. We want to give each customer "more than their money's worth" at every opportunity we can. Angie's list winner of "the 2009 Super Service Award"(2 awards), "2010 Super Service Award" (5 awards), 2011 award (8 awards), 2012 award (4 awards), and 2013 award (5 awards), 2014 awards, & every year including the newest 2018 awards. Always a perfect rating on the BBB. Ambassador membership of the Texas State Historical Association. NOTICE: Due to our blessing of success from a great reputation & quality work, along with an increased number of Angie's List members in San Antonio, etc., please allow extra time in me returning calls. We can still do rush jobs, etc. it's just that at times I'm extremely busy & get very many calls all on the same day. I like to stay small enough without a huge amount of employees, to ensure hands-on quality in work & correctness & in me doing all sales calls. But I surely will return your call the first possible chance. Thanks! Bob

A Best Tree Service

3 employees. No subs. cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after hour service. Award winning.

Visa, MasterCard, Check, Financing

Landscaping – Design & Installation.