Hutzel Construction

Tennessee: General
01/31/2022

6676 Reese Rd.

Memphis, TN 38133

HCCI is a full service self performing, licensed General Contractor, with over 30 years experience in Commercial and Residential Construction and Maintenance. We offer outstanding Quality and Professionalism along with cost effective methods in order to complete your project on time and in budget!...

home remodeling (17)tile installation (10)electrician (7)interior painting (6)flooring (6)drywall (6)door installation (4)plumbers (4)glass repair (3)countertop installation (3)general contractors (3)house painting (2)

10/27/2018

Hutzel Construction made this entire project painless. At every step of the process, they handled it with a high level of professionalism. Communication was excellent from their first site visit to the finished product. I can't say enough good things about this company. The owner, Jeff Hutzel, came along with his project manager, Kim, to be involved in the estimating process. He was very honest and upfront in setting our expectations for what could be done in the most cost-effective manner. The project involved completely re-doing the drywall, flooring, and painting in the master bedroom and the master bathroom, as well as painting two other bathrooms. Hutzel's crew took extra care to preserve the original jacuzzi tub, despite Jeff telling us on the front end it was possible the tub could be damaged when they were replacing the tile around it. In my opinion, you can't go wrong hiring Hutzel Construction for your home improvement/renovation/repair project.

Description of Work
repair work due to plumbing leak - master bedroom, bathroom, painting

Category ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,glass repair,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 09/19/2018

06/05/2018

This company did a fantastic job! The quality of their work was outstanding and I cannot be happier. Would definitely recommend them to anyone needing a good contractor. Everything was done in a timely manner and exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
House remodel

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

06/04/2018

I had nothing but a wonderful experience with Hutzel. Everyone, from the demo crew to our project manager, Kim, were so very supportive and professional. Renovating a home is stressful, but knowing I had such a fantastic team behind me was assuring. Any issues—-they were minor and few—-were immediately addressed and rectified. We came to Hutzel after being burned by another contractor. We were made to feel encouraged that we were now in the right hands and love the work and expertise that was poured into our home. My family and I cannot thank Hutzel, and especially Kim, enough. Sad to say that customer service is lacking these days, but for Hutzel Construction, it was the cornerstone of a fruitful partnership.

Description of Work
We renovated an entire bottom floor of a house to update it, and to make it more open and family-friendly. This included an entire re-do of a kitchen, master bathroom, and a hall bath. We also had work on bedrooms, a laundry room, dining room, great room, hall bath, and closets.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,concrete repair,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,picture framing,glass repair,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

09/13/2016

It didn't go at all. I tried to contact Hutzel over a week ago by phone and left a message with my phone number. After no return call, I tried again yesterday morning and had to leave another message, but no one called back. Now I figure they are not very professional or someone from this company would have contacted me even if they were not interested in doing the job. So, with this in mind, I am giving Hutzel Construction a NEGATIVE rating

Description of Work
install light gage metal roof trusses and metal roof on a concrete block wall building

Category picture framing,roofing

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

05/14/2016

There was a flood in my unit caused by an incompetent roof contractor and there was water damage. The ceiling in the back collapsed. They completed it on schedule and they showed up when they said they were going to. They did some tile work in my bathroom that I had to have corrected. It's just that the room is not square so some of the tiles just ended up popping out due to the angle at which they had to be installed. So I wish they had gotten it correctly the first time.

Description of Work
They replaced my hardwood floors, some drywall happened, insulation had to be removed and replaced.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

02/23/2016

I sent Hutzel Construction a request via Angie's List to do an estimate for an interior re-modeling project at my home based on their good reviews. They responded very quickly to my request and an estimator came out within 2 days. I had pain stakenly written out what work I wanted done task by task in Word document and provided it to the estimator. It was a simple job of installing 1/4 log siding on a 9 x 24 ft wall, installing a recessed electric fireplace and relocating some electric outlets. I got the estimate back about 2 weeks later (after some prodding) and all it was was the tasks I listed (cut and pasted from my Word document) and a total amount for the job at an incredible price of $5,600. I was supplying all of the materials and figured this to be a 1-2 day job for 1 or 2 workers. So I responded to the estimator and nicely asked how she arrived at the $5,600 figure? I just wanted to know the hourly rate and how many workers? Well, she has never responded to me and needless to say, they did not do the work. Just a big waste of every one's time. If for some reason they didn't want the job or couldn't do the job, at least have the courtesy to communicate that.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate

Category electrician,remodeling

Work Completed On 02/04/2016

06/16/2014

Jeff came in and saw what I had and understood what I wanted. For the first time in my life I felt he really did understand what I wanted and needed. I have used many companies over the 33 years I have lived in this house for a room addition, a kitchen remodel, etc but have never been as pleased with the results as I was with the work Jeff and his team did. They came in the first morning about 8 am, unloaded the truck, and began tearing out the back wall of my kitchen. That happened to be the coldest day so far when this started. They had to tear out three windows and a door. It was pouring down rain in addition to being very cold. By noon on this same day they had torn out the old, framed the new windows and installed them along with the door and the house was secure again. I could hardly believe two people could do so much so fast. They continued to work into the afternoon and when they came the next day there were I believe four of his workers and by the time they left that afternoon it was basically done except for painting and that was finished in a couple of hours the next day. They are the nicest, most professional and knowledgeable crew I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with and will certainly use them again. I highly, highly recommend the entire crew.

Description of Work
They replaced the back outside wall of my kitchen.

Category remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

05/18/2014

Jeff Hutzel showed up right on time to perform the estimate. Throughout the project, Jeff and his sub-contractors were always on time and extremely professional. He provided a thorough explanation of all of the work that would be done and gave a fair estimate--I'd done a decent amount of research and was happy with his price. The project itself went very smoothly. There were a few minor delays but Jeff was up-front about them and always kept me apprised of the status of the project. My phone calls were always returned within 24 hours and his team was very easy to work with. The concrete patio turned out beautifully and the doors are perfectly installed--I am very pleased with the end result. This review is short, but I view that as a positive. Jeff Hutzel is punctual and professional, and an extremely skilled contractor. I have recommended him to several friends already and would absolutely hire him for a future project!

Description of Work
Installation of French doors and a brushed concrete patio.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 05/07/2014

03/29/2014

Used to be attic space. Approx 1000 sft.

Description of Work
Framing/drywall build out upstairs.

Category drywall,picture framing,remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2012

11/26/2013

Hutzel did a great job we did not have to babysit like you have to do with so many contractors.

Description of Work
Fixed up rental property.

Category decks,remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/31/2013

Remodel, kitchen remodel, bath remodel, interior trim, doors, custom carpentry, cabinets, cabinetry, countertops, windows, decks, gazebos, metal studs, drywall, acoustical ceilings, painting, residential additions, additions.

10% off (max $200, cannot be combined)