Capital Construction

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2010

3.8

89 N Cooper

Memphis, TN 38104

For over 15 years, we have been proud to serve the general construction needs of both Memphis and the Mid-South. From full renovations to small additions, our expert team will work with your needs and budget to ensure your complete satisfaction. Along with our full line of construction services,

02/26/2018

Jack W.

Never responded with an estimate

Description of Work
Painting and new windows

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

07/22/2017

Cecilia S.

I never heard back from this business.

Description of Work
I needed an estimate for repairs on a home I have an offer on. I messaged this business on Tuesday July 18th and never got a response back. Not professional at all.

04/12/2017

Connor H.

No response.

Description of Work
Needed wood/trim replacement etc. Can't seem to get anyone to follow up and come out to have a look at the work.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

05/27/2016

Bridgett S.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen remodeled and expanded by Capital Construction. Gage was the lead contractor for our project and I can't say enough about him. :-) He did an excellent job of keeping communications open with us throughout the project and was happy to answer any and all of our questions. Even though there were a few bumps in the road, he made sure that everything was done to our liking and that we were satisfied with all services rendered. | | The cost was reasonable and the work itself turned out pretty good. We have an older home so there were some plans we had for the new kitchen that didn't quite turn out as we expected, however, we're definitely happy with our new kitchen and I would highly recommend this company for kitchen remodeling/reconstruction. We look forward to doing business with them in the future!

Category remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

01/01/2016

James R.

Description of Work
Capital Construction restored my house from water damage caused by hot water heater failure.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters

11/10/2015

Craig T.

Description of Work
We contacted Capital Construction about a kitchen renovation after hearing about their service from a coworker. Management team was very responsive during planning phase and throughout the project. The work staff was very respectful in our home and had great attention to detail.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters

11/04/2015

VICKIE S.

They were very professional and did an excellent job of preparing house for painting. All issues were addressed quickly and to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Removed.gutters and painted outside of house.

Category house painters

09/08/2015

Elizabeth W.

It took quite a while because of all people involved (electrician, plumber, tilers, painter, inspectors). Capital kept things moving along and we are extremely pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Complete tear out and remodel of shower stall in master bath. Remodel included installing a heated floor, new fixtures, new tile and glass.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, house painters

04/10/2015

Scott O.

They did a good job - everything was good.

Description of Work
They did some exterior painting, and upgraded me to a lifetime paint for for free. Replaced some rotted wood, two windows.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

04/07/2015

Hillary R.

It went really well, they were on time, very professional and their quality of work was exceptional.

Description of Work
They did an exterior paint job. they upgraded the paint to one with a lifetime warranty for free. They also replaced some areas that had rotted wood. Additionally, they replaced 2 windows.

Category replacement windows, home builders, house painters

04/06/2015

Nikki S.

They were very professional. They communicated with me throughout the process. Everything went according to their plan.

Description of Work
They did an exterior painting for us. They also upgrade me to a lifetime paint. Also, they replaced three energy efficient windows in my house.

Category replacement windows, house painters

03/04/2015

Lindi V.

Category home builders

Thank you for your business. We look forward to working with you on any of your future home projects that you may need.. Thanks again Capital Construction

02/11/2015

Zak K.

Description of Work
Capital did a total kitchen reno for us....including removing walls and changing footprint. They were awesome, Kyle has a great attention to detail and is always easy to reach. I would highly recommend them.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your business! Capital Construction We look forward to being able to work with you on your future home projects.

04/08/2014

Sean K.

They were terrible, really terrible. The initial conversation was great but then they came out to do the work before we even approved them to do the work. We called them and said that we would like to go over the quote and that we had some questions about some of the details. A week later we got a bill in the mail. We were wondering what it was. It was not a pleasant note that he wrote on it and we were like, what is this? We called him. At first, he didn't call us back for 3 days and then when he did he called us back and said you owe us money, you need to pay me. We were like, what are you talking about, you haven't even been out to do the work? It has been snowing that whole week and they were supposed to be replacing shingles on our roof and replacing the bibs around the pipes. Apparently, they had sent out their guys without our approval and they had replaced the shingles with a different color shingle. They didn't replace the bibs at all. When we asked him to come and check out the work he informed us that he was a very busy person. He finally agreed to come out at which point we found out that they had only done half of the work. They sent the other guys back out to finish the work and then charged us a whole bunch of money. They replaced 5 shingles and a couple of little bibs around the pipes and charged us $600. When we told him that we didn't approve the work he said that since we called and wanted more information and he had already given us a quote that meant that we wanted the work done. Then when he was out here he was critiquing our fence that we had tried to get a quote from him before. We said no, you already screwed things up, this was a test run. He said that with small jobs he doesn't really bother to come out and inspect them because they are not worth his time.

Description of Work
We used Capitol Construction for some roof repair about a year ago.

01/10/2013

Suzy S.

We were very unhappy with their work. They would send out guys to do wall repair and paint but none of them spoke English and the walls were crooked and had to be redone by another company. The water was shut off to the house and their workers used the bathroom toilets and when we returned to check on the house several days later the whole house smelled so bad that we had to leave. They did a horrible job and we ended up firing them and hiring another company to finish the job. We were very pleased with their work and their professionalism. We ended up in a lawsuit with Capital Construction. I would never recommend them to anyone.3234 Point

Description of Work
The house was flooded and they did part of the repair work.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

11/05/2012

Matthew K.

The gentleman who came to perform the inspection and bid was named Gage. He was very accomodating during the walk through and he answered a lot of our questions with reagrd to the work. We told him that our budget had a cap of $35K. He said that he understood and would give us a quote with all of the work that we talked about and we could pick and choose what we wanted and did not want. When we received the bid 3 days later, his quote added up to nearly $80K. It was clearly not wnat we were expecting. We immediately wrote back and asked him to remove some items and asked for explanations of the the pricing on some of the other items. The e-mail we received back was very unprofessional. He berated us for questioning his pricing, he did not remove the items from the quote that we asked him to, and the one thing that he did completely remove was painting (because we questioned his pricing, which seemed quite high) which was necessary for the quote to be approved. We forwarded his response to our loan officer and to our real estate agent. Both expressed shock at the unprofessional nature of the response. Since that time both of them have asked around and have received several derogatory stories of experiences with Capital Construction. It seems they are interested only in their own business and not in the customers' requests or desires. We would not recommend Capital Construction to anyone looking for professionalism and customer service. Their work may be very good, but their customer relations are quite poor.

Description of Work
We are trying to have work done to a house that we are purchasing on a FHA 203K loan. The loan requires bids from contractors for the work to be completed prior to closing. Capital Construction was recommended by our loan officer because she had heard of their quality work by word of mouth. We contacted the company and set up a time for a walk though inspection for a bid.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

06/21/2012

Donald J.

I really like the work they did for me. They were the only ones that seemed concerned about the project I had. They were prompt and efficient. They were interested in the project and getting it done.

Description of Work
I used Capital Construction for many projects the most recent they came in installed a door frame for me.

Category doors

01/26/2012

Franklin F.

I

Description of Work
In May 2009, Capital Construction was contracted to remove the bathtub and install a walk-in shower. About 18 month later my wife looked into the closet which had a common wall with the shower and noticed water on the floor. It was obvious that the vinyl pan in the shower had a leak which caused water to seep into the adjacent closet. Since the closet was used for storage of seldom used junk, the leek was not noticed for several months. I called Capital Construction to come to fix the leak. They refused to repair the leak free of charge.

11/08/2010

DAWN W.

Capital was very professional at the beginning. but throughout the project, there were many days they did not show due to complications with another job. This increased the length of the project by several months. The quality of work was so poor, I had to constantly ask them to redo. It was obvious mistakes such as installing chipped tile, covering up tile with mortor, leaving mortor footprints on back porch. The person in charge of my project moved. Capital finally hired an outside subcontractor to tear out and redo their work at their expense. Twice I have had them come out in the past year to re secure a glass shower door.

Description of Work
remodel master bath shower, replace sheetrock in garage, install new fireplace stone work. paint bathroom and living room.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, masonry, plastering, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

10/30/2010

john M.

Never returned call or inquiries

Description of Work
Never returned calls and inquiries

Category handyman service, home remodeling

09/23/2009

FLORINE M.

It was wonderful. They did the job quietly, quickly, and thoroughly. You can't even tell where they did the work.

Description of Work
They repaired a major leak in my roof.

07/03/2009

Vicki C.

Prior to contacting Capital Construction, I had contacted several other painters - some of whom actually came to my home, but, kept delaying providing me with an estimate. A co-worker finally recommended Justin at Capital Construction. Justin made an appt to come to my home to discuss the work I was requesting. He showed up on time for the appointment and sent me an email that evening with a quote. We agreed to a project start date and Justin's crew showed up on time and were absolute professionals. They took great pain and pride in their work and the end result is marvelous. The painters worked non-stop from 8am until about 6pm daily for about 3 days - (only taking very short lunch breaks). When they finished their work they also took great care to clean up afterwards. The tile layer was also just as professional and detailed in his work. I had made the wrong grout color choice and was very unhappy about how the finished bathroom tile looked (which was totally my fault)...Justin was very helpful in offering to re-grout the next day in a different grout color - the tile now looks spectacular. I could not be happier with how everything turned out. I never had to worry about the crew not showing up on time as scheduled and the quality of the work was worth every penny.

Description of Work
Painted living room, dining room, kitchen (including kitchen cabinets), bathroom, hallway and all ceilings. Painted the inside/outside of doors and all trim (crown-molding). Also removed kitchen cabinet door hinges and replaced with inside hinges. Inserted a new vent-a-hood over stove. In addition, they laid new tile down in bathroom floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

01/29/2009

DAWN W.

Started out great, the owner was very professional seemed very knowledgeable and confident his subs could do the job. I never saw him again. The forman on the job was very good about calling and staying involved. Unfortunately one sub, the main one used do do carpentry and tile did not know what he was doing, he ripped out the shower 2 times and still either left out small tile or just grouted over tile. He left a mess each day as if it were a new construction, spilled concrete outside. Capital hired another company to redo what was done wrong and make it right. I was told to complete the remodel on my shower would take 10 days to 2 weeks instead it took 3 months. My fireplace had to be ripped out 2 times. Their tile guy did not frame it right and installed chipped tiles, it should have taken 5 days, instead it took 2 months. They had other jobs going on so they were unable to work every day. some days they came to work at 3 pm and worked until 8 pm. They did not discount the original quote complained that they were out money because they had to pay the other company and replace the tile to finish the job. They were very aggressive about getting their final payment even though work still needed to be complete.

Description of Work
Remodel master bath shower, fireplace, laundry room and dining room involved carpentry, cabinet installation, Sheetrock, painting, and tile work.

Category remodeling

10/17/2008

TERESA G.

The end result is beautiful but getting to the end was frustrating. The two sub-contractors were excellent however the employees of Capital Construction were disorganized from start to finish. Without the professionalism of the two sub-contractors and outside assistance that we hired in addition to Capital Construction - the end result would not have had such great results. I hired a lighting specialist because Capital offered no assistance - and really didn't know the whom to call. The cabinet maker was a wealth of resources that I needed to contact personally frequently because the staff from Capital couldn't provide assistance or choices when choosing cabinet options but rather would say to go out and look until we found what we liked and then let them know. The owner of Capital continued to stress how his prices were higher because he and his staff were "perfectionists" however not ONCE did one of the staff do any quality control inspection of their work. If I or one of the sub-contractors didn't point it out - then it would not have been corrected. Capital was disorganized in their paperwork and excused the erratic behavior (not returning phone calls, emails, showing up at the job - organizing the work to be done) of one employee because of his "ADD and recent problems with a girlfriend". We were forced at one point to intervene and organize the work of the sub-contractors ourselves in order to get the job done in a timely fashion. The total job took over 6 weeks when it could have been done in 2 had Capital had their act together.

Description of Work
Replaced fronts on kitchen cabinets which were white foil laminates and were replaced with solid wood doors which were then painted, and glazed. Pendent lighting was added, chandelier over table was added, wallpaper removed, walls painted and fauxed.