Master Services

Founded undefined • With Angi since August 2009

Master Services is your local, certified basement, crawl space, and foundation repair specialists. They specialize in professional services that improve the health and functionality of your below-grade space: Basement Waterproofing Crawl Space Repair Sump Pumps Foundation Repair Concrete Lifting

BeforeAfter

4.3

basement waterproofing (150)foundation repair (46)well & water pump repair (29)mudjacking (21)mold removal (20)drain pipe installation (20)radon mitigation (7)insulation (6)excavating (2)home inspection (1)concrete repair (22)water damage restoration (6)

03/14/2021

Karl S.

They don't do this kind of work. Your service failed to match my needs.

Description of Work
12x16 concrete pad

Work Completed On 03/14/2021

02/26/2021

Glen S.

It was $300 cheaper to rip out and replace my sidewalk then do concrete leveling. I chose leveling due to schedule. That could be done immediately. Rip out and replace not till spring and then it would create a mess. In the end i wish I would have waited. The leveling was so so. I believe what the contractor did was best that the technology could do. I talked to the craft about my concerns while on-site and they were straight forward with answers. Basically technology was over sold. MasterServices was professional. They followed up before install and after.. There is a difference between service and product. My issue is totally with product delivered. Let's talk price as I'm sure many want to know costs. The minimum charge is $1500, but thats standard in the industry. I had 10 foot of sidewalk so that is why it would have been cheaper to replace. Actually 10 ft was lifted but the quote on replacement was everything 20' plus front stoop. Would I work with masterservices again? Wow that really depends! In my mind its the product delivered, not about how many times customer service calls you.

Description of Work
Sidewalk lifting

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/24/2021

Tom K.

This review is for Master Services, Crawl Space and Foundation Repair in Knoxville, TN. phone # 8653453030 , [*** Link removed ***] . We had the pleasure of meeting Nick (Sales Inspector) and Brandon, Brandon, and Jacob (Installers). We hired Master Services on 2/16/21 (work done on 2/22/21) to install a WaterGuard sub-floor drainage system in our home in Greeneville, TN. Nick is a terrific salesman. He is professional and does not push any unnecessary work. Brandon, Brandon and Jacob (I believe Jacob was our installers name - sorry if not), did such a tremendous job. They worked quickly, efficiently, and made sure to keep our home free of mess. Overall we are very happy we hired Master Services and recommend them to anyone needing foundation repair.

Description of Work
WaterGuard sub-floor drainage system

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

10/14/2020

Peter M.

Tried selling more work than I wanted.

Description of Work
Lift one piece of sidewalk

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

06/22/2020

Robert S.

Expensive work, but Master Services is a pro. The sales rep, Sammy, was very easy to work with. Danny and his crew did a great job with installation. They were prompt in getting to the work site in the morning, and they actually finished a day earlier than expected. The crew did a excellent job of cleaning up when they were finished. I will definitely recommend Master Services.

Description of Work
Basement interior drainage system with triple safe sump pump

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

04/21/2020

Dave J.

Very professional from first contact until job was done. Excellant communications, kept me up to date leading up to job. Crew arrived on time, were professional and friendly. Job done quickly with minimal mess. Cleaned up afterward. Exdellant, highly recommend.

Description of Work
Waterproofing finished basement, water seeping under blocks.

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

03/24/2020

rhonda T.

We paid just under $15k for our sump pump system and foundation repair in our basement. Was told it is covered under warranty as long as we get the yearly maintenance for $125/year. Called to schedule it and was told I would now be paying just under $200. They can continue to go up anytime they please and if you don't pay whatever amount they decide for the yearly cost, your system won't be under their "lifetime" warranty. I explained we are having a tough time right now due to all going on - they didn't care. DO NOT recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sump pump system and foundation repair.

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

10/14/2019

Samuel S.

The gentlemen were kind, courteous and respectful. As I mention above, my slab was 8ft by 16 ft. Along one 16ft edge, the slab had dropped by about 4 inches. I don't know when it was installed, but I would guess it was part of the original construction (1954), and was enclosed probably in the 70s. The gentlemen arrived with 1 2ft bubble level and 2 digital levels which were perhaps 1ft in length. From there, they proceeded to place their 2 ft level so that its end touched the 16ft edge, the opposite end parallel to the 8ft dimension. They raised the level so the buble was centered and marked the adjacent brick wall about 1 inch up from its base. Did I mention the slab is 8 ft wide in the parallel dimension to their level? Did I mention the slab had dropped about 4 inches along that 16ft edge? I suggested they use my 4 ft level instead, which they really didn't, relying in their 2dt and 1ft levels instead. They raised the dropped edge about 2 inched, and the whole slab about one inch, resulting in the edge which was down 4 inches, being down only 3 inches now. At this point, cracks began to precipitate in the slab, so they suggested we stop, which I agreed. Then they suggested my 4ft level was inaccurate, and that their 2ft level was more accurate, reporting the slab only slightly out of level. At that point, I stacked their level on top of mine, and demonstrated that their level centered the bubble before mine did, but when my bubble was centered, so was theirs; their level was inaccurate with respect to mine! In the end I was told that, once the foam was fully cured, I could get a subsequent leveling. Unfortunately, they had no more open appointments until March. Meanwhile, that slab was under my laundry room, which I removed, temporarily supporting the roof with beams on the surrounding ground, and engineered joists. Since I'd rather wash my clothes at home than wait til March, I decided to level the build a floor over the slab instead, as the foundation for the new laundry room structure (enclosing the plumbing for the laundry room might also prove useful when the outside temperature falls below freezing soon). To be fair, when the job was quoted, I asked about the ability to lift the entire structure, and was assured that wouldn't be a problem, so the guy who quoted the job did not know I would tear the structure down. However, he surely knew there was a chance the slab would crack, and that if it did, they would not be able to address the remainder of the leveling until March. My general review is this: * Admit to the problems which could occur up front so that the consumer can make a wise choice, rather than selling the job with promises of making the slab level. I have no doubt that, give the time, they could make it level. But starting the job in October, and finishing it in March is not acceptable. * Have proper equipment and train your people to use it. Showing up with a 2ft bubble level and 1 ft digital levels, then not understanding that the lift indicated by a 2ft level, when brought to level, is only 1/4th the lift needed for an 8ft span is rank naivete on levels and similar triangles. Not knowing that the pinch of the vile, (or likely the curve, in the vile is offset to one edge, as their 2fter was) determines the accuracy of the level was just the final blow for my assessment of their competence. The fact that I wound up doing exactly what I was trying to avoid; build a wooden platform which was level on top of the sloped slab, makes it seem like a complete waste of $1700 to have them come to my house. I only hope that the result of the foam pumping is that any voids under the slab were filled, and that it now has a foundation under it which will not erode further. I am certain they do fine work, and the price I paid was in line with what i was expecting. The workmanship and apparent level of competence, however, was disappointing.

Description of Work
Level a 8' X 16' slab

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

06/25/2019

Michael S.

It was expensive but worth it and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They injected stuff foam underneath the garage floor.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

04/26/2019

Reecy P.

Project went very well. Horace and Vic showed up on schedule, explained clearly what they would be doing, kept me apprised of the progress as the job was performed, and walked me through the results. I was a bit surprised by the price for the work, but this was the only company that responded and committed to do the work, so I really don't have a good comparison price point. Note that the process was NOT mudjacking, but jacking and reinforcement with a poly product that offers many benefits over mudjacking.

Description of Work
Leveling of a sinking walkway concrete slab.

Category mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

04/04/2019

Toni S.

Couldn't be more pleased! Some will say that MasterDry is more expensive than some of the other companies/quotes, but the service, professionalism, and quality of the work they perform is worth much more than any price difference. The workforce is incredibly well trained, polite and respectful and they have obviously been taught how to handle themselves in your home. MasterDry obviously understands the science and reasoning behind the work they do and they are not simply selling you a product! Simon went above and beyond on his recent visit. Thank you, Simon!

Description of Work
Water in basement

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

03/19/2019

Annabel M.

Very knowledgeable. Extremely helpful and informative. Will definitely be using him in the future should we need any work.

Description of Work
Inspection

Category home inspection

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

02/07/2019

Frederic M.

With the recent snow melt and the rain we are having this may be a timely recommendation. I hope you don’t have this need, but if you do I would like to recommend Master Service Company. We had at least six estimates for waterproofing our basement and although not nearly the cheapest, we were impressed by the presentation and the personnel and low key sales approach. So, we hired them! The work was done last week and again we were impressed with the crew doing the work, the care given to hold down the dust created, the quality of the materials used, and the willingness of the crew to keep us apprised of the job as it progressed. The was great care given to cleanup of what is a very messy job. We waited until the repair had been “battle tested”, (and this inclement weather has certainly accomplished that) before writing a recommendation. We could not be more pleased at this point. Again I hope you don’t have the need, but if you do give Mr. Jeff Russell at Master Service a call. Contact: Jeff Russell 317-720-3288.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

12/11/2018

Karen F.

The job was done to my satisfaction and the service crew was very professional, friendly and punctual.

Description of Work
Repaired sinking cement steps.

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

10/12/2018

Sierra G.

I couldn't be happier. Very professional work, friendly staff, fantastic clean-up. I wish all contract work could go this well :)

Description of Work
Partial basement waterproofed, polylift front porch slab.

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience! We strive to WOW our customers each and every time. We are glad to see that you're happy with your basement and porch. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Take care, Trevor Jones, COO

10/02/2018

Ted A.

They never contacted me, and when I contacted them, they said they didn't do that kind of thing.

Description of Work
Concrete slab poured

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], We are sorry that you didn't get a call regarding your project. Based on the scope of work, we don't offer the solution you were needing. We received your request on September 25th at 8:28am. You received a response from us at 3:51pm the same day stating we do not offer the work you requested. I would ask that you consider changing your review, as this is not a representation of the reputation that homeowners have of our company. This was just a misunderstanding and hope you can see it this way. If you'd like to discuss, please contact me on my direct line at 865-387-1462. Thanks, Trevor Jones, COO

07/28/2018

Craig C.

I'm pleased with their work. Professional and punctual installation crew. The project went very smoothly,

Description of Work
WaterGuard system in my basement

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

07/24/2018

LeAnne W.

Very disappointed with incompetence of estimate and bait and switch practices We had Masters do an estimate on 5/5/18 and when we got the amount and paid deposit, a date of 6/5-6/6-18 was scheduled for basement repair. When the company showed up at house they all of a sudden realized that they were not able to do the job and we needed to get a structural engineer to figure out how to do the job. We not only waited 6 weeks for them to come and do job, which delayed other repairs, they did a bait and switch on us and advised us more money would be required to do repair as their incompetence and ignorance was unable to do an adequate estimate. I also think that they did not want to do the job for price given and maybe thought work was tougher than they thought. This company costed me money and time and I would like to prevent this from happening to others. It has been weeks since the job was suppose to be done and all I asked for is that they overnight deposit check, but we have yet to receive the deposit check. They got the interest on our money for the 6 weeks we waited for job to be done and also the 3 weeks and counting after, as they have not returned deposit. It is very discouraging and frustrating to give your trust to a company that takes advantage of a customer that needs major construction to house as the foundation is a huge part of structural integrity of home. We bought this home knowing it needed foundation work, but did not know this company would take advantage of that. I am hoping this will discourage others from using this company as their ethics are very questionable. Calls were made to Masters on 7/13/18, where I talked to customer service, Mr. Blakenship, and Mr. Carter who were all asked to please overnight deposit check. I also returned the General manager Jeff, left message and had to call again as did not get a call back. I got hung up on by employee today 7/24/18 when asking for check to be overnighted. I was upset as have still not gotten our money back, but I guess they don't want to hear complaints they just want to take peoples money.

Description of Work
foundation repair

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

I wanted to respond to this complaint personally as I have reviewed the complaint made by Ms. [Member Name Removed] and met with all employees involved on this project. I personally spoke to Ms. [Member Name Removed] on 7-30-18. As the owner of the largest service company in our area, and one who works very hard to operate with the highest integrity, I take complaints like this very serious. Our company is like any other and makes mistakes, but where we pride ourselves is how we fix those mistakes. We always look for opportunities to learn, grow and improve. When I got this complaint, I investigated it with these things in mind. However, I could not find one area we could have improved in or done something differently. We gave an estimate to support a foundation on her home that was settling. She signed a contract. Our backlog of work was about 6 weeks at the time so her job was scheduled for that time. When our crews showed up on site, they excavated and inspected the footer that we were supposed to be supporting and realized that there was not a footer there at all. The house was built on rock and mix of other things which is why it was settling. This is very rare and we immediately stopped and let the customer know we could not perform our work and they needed to get the advice of a structural engineer. The customer was obviously upset about the entire situation and has since directed her anger towards us. However, rather than just try to do something to be able to collect money, our crews operated with integrity and didn't move forward with any work. We let the customer know we would return her deposit as we could not help her. Now towards the allegations of the customer: - She stated we did a "bait and switch". This is untrue as we never offered a "switch" or tried to charge her any more money. This is just not true. - She stated we cost her time and money. One could say we cost her time as our schedule was booked out 6 weeks, but we didn't charge her for anything. In fact, our company lost money and a day of work when we couldn't perform our services in a beneficial way for our customer and we would never charge a customer for something like that. - She stated we "took advantage of her". Again, we have never tried to change the contract, charge additional money, or keep any of the deposit she initially gave us - She stated that we would not return her deposit. We told the customer we were returning the deposit as it is our policy when we can't do the work for whatever reason. We overnighted the deposit (per her demands) to the address we had on file, however the customer does not live at that address and instead lives in Florida. We contacted customer to get the address to send the check to and got the correct address. - She stated that she was "hung up on" when talking to one of our employees. We record all our phone calls and I took this one very seriously and pulled the recording for that call. The customer was not hung up on, even though she was very rude to our customer care representative. Our representative tried to be as nice as she could trying to handle this type of call and explained the check was returned to us and we needed an alternate address. We deal with customers who are upset about their situation with their home all the time. Our company is here to help them. Unfortunately, this customer has directed her anger with her situation to our company. When I spoke to the customer personally she was very rude and there was nothing I could do to help her. When I spoke to my staff and pulled the phone calls from the customer, I could see she has been rude through the entire process. I have confirmed she has received her deposit back. We help over 8000 customers a year. I admit we make mistakes and when we make them I own up to them. Unfortunately, this is not an example of that and I believe in fact it is an example of integrity as we never tried to complete work that wouldn't work nor charge for additional work after we contracted. We have returned 100% of the money the customer gave us as a deposit and it wasn't because she demanded it, it's because that's what we would have done anyways. Even with the anger and rudeness from the customer, we understand these situations are very stressful on homeowners and we forgive the inaccuracies of her allegations. We hope nothing but the best for her as she works through solutions of fixing her home. Josh Smith - Owner

06/25/2018

Dean H.

They did a great job. Very good communicators and high quality of work

Description of Work
Mold removal and crawl space encapsulation

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

06/25/2018

Kathryn P.

Very professional, on time, courteous and job well done.

Description of Work
Annual maintenance of sub pump

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

02/26/2018

Don B.

Went through all Master Dry's questions and then got told there was an $89 charge to inspect a crawlspace that had been previously treated. Funny the ad that says "Free Inspections and Estimates" in Angie's magazine never mentioned that. I told the guy up front about the situation and he waited til the end to mention the fee. I think he didn't know until he put me on hold and checked with his boss. Not the best way to start a relationship. I opted to look for a truly free inspection.

Description of Work
Inquired about checking a crawlspace that had been previously treated by another firm.

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

10/11/2017

Janelle D.

The work was well done; the team doing the work were professional, efficient, and courteous. The team leader (Grant) knew exactly what we expected when he arrived, so I know the representative who scoped the job for us (Dylan) communicated with him before he arrived. Grant kept us up to date on his progress and was very thorough when walking us through the finished product. They left our space absolutely spotless. These guys (Dylan, Grant, and Grant's team) were all good. In a nutshell, they told us what they were going to do, did it, and then told us what they had done.

Description of Work
Basement crawlspace waterproofing - this included laying plastic on the floor and up the cinder block walls, digging a sump, and installing both a sump pump and high quality dehumidifier, along with the necessary piping to take the collected water outside.

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

10/09/2017

Barsha S.

Barry Jenkins was prompt and professional. I would highly recommend this company and service to anyone who has issues with their basement/foundation!! Great job and Thank you!!

Description of Work
Basement foundation inspection