Master Services

With Angi since August 2009

6226 Clinton Hwy Suite 1

Knoxville, TN 37912

Master Services is your local, certified basement, crawl space, and foundation repair specialists. They specialize in professional services that improve the health and functionality of your below-grade space: Basement Waterproofing Crawl Space Repair Sump Pumps Foundation Repair Concrete Lifting and Leveling Humidity and Mold Control We will make your basement, crawl space, and foundation safe and usable. With free, no obligation estimates, patented products, and lifetime warranties you can rest assured we have the best solution available on the market to fix your problems permanently....

4.3

basement waterproofing (150)foundation repair (45)well & water pump repair (29)mudjacking (21)mold removal (20)drain pipe installation (20)radon mitigation (7)insulation (6)excavating (2)home inspection (1)concrete repair (22)water damage restoration (6)

03/14/2021

Karl S.

They don't do this kind of work. Your service failed to match my needs.

Description of Work
12x16 concrete pad

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 03/14/2021

02/26/2021

Glen S.

It was $300 cheaper to rip out and replace my sidewalk then do concrete leveling. I chose leveling due to schedule. That could be done immediately. Rip out and replace not till spring and then it would create a mess. In the end i wish I would have waited. The leveling was so so. I believe what the contractor did was best that the technology could do. I talked to the craft about my concerns while on-site and they were straight forward with answers. Basically technology was over sold. MasterServices was professional. They followed up before install and after.. There is a difference between service and product. My issue is totally with product delivered. Let's talk price as I'm sure many want to know costs. The minimum charge is $1500, but thats standard in the industry. I had 10 foot of sidewalk so that is why it would have been cheaper to replace. Actually 10 ft was lifted but the quote on replacement was everything 20' plus front stoop. Would I work with masterservices again? Wow that really depends! In my mind its the product delivered, not about how many times customer service calls you.

Description of Work
Sidewalk lifting

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/24/2021

Tom K.

This review is for Master Services, Crawl Space and Foundation Repair in Knoxville, TN. phone # 8653453030 , [*** Link removed ***] . We had the pleasure of meeting Nick (Sales Inspector) and Brandon, Brandon, and Jacob (Installers). We hired Master Services on 2/16/21 (work done on 2/22/21) to install a WaterGuard sub-floor drainage system in our home in Greeneville, TN. Nick is a terrific salesman. He is professional and does not push any unnecessary work. Brandon, Brandon and Jacob (I believe Jacob was our installers name - sorry if not), did such a tremendous job. They worked quickly, efficiently, and made sure to keep our home free of mess. Overall we are very happy we hired Master Services and recommend them to anyone needing foundation repair.

Description of Work
WaterGuard sub-floor drainage system

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

10/14/2020

Peter M.

Tried selling more work than I wanted.

Description of Work
Lift one piece of sidewalk

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

06/22/2020

Robert S.

Expensive work, but Master Services is a pro. The sales rep, Sammy, was very easy to work with. Danny and his crew did a great job with installation. They were prompt in getting to the work site in the morning, and they actually finished a day earlier than expected. The crew did a excellent job of cleaning up when they were finished. I will definitely recommend Master Services.

Description of Work
Basement interior drainage system with triple safe sump pump

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

04/21/2020

Dave J.

Very professional from first contact until job was done. Excellant communications, kept me up to date leading up to job. Crew arrived on time, were professional and friendly. Job done quickly with minimal mess. Cleaned up afterward. Exdellant, highly recommend.

Description of Work
Waterproofing finished basement, water seeping under blocks.

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

03/24/2020

rhonda T.

We paid just under $15k for our sump pump system and foundation repair in our basement. Was told it is covered under warranty as long as we get the yearly maintenance for $125/year. Called to schedule it and was told I would now be paying just under $200. They can continue to go up anytime they please and if you don't pay whatever amount they decide for the yearly cost, your system won't be under their "lifetime" warranty. I explained we are having a tough time right now due to all going on - they didn't care. DO NOT recommend this company.

Description of Work
Sump pump system and foundation repair.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

10/14/2019

Samuel S.

The gentlemen were kind, courteous and respectful. As I mention above, my slab was 8ft by 16 ft. Along one 16ft edge, the slab had dropped by about 4 inches. I don't know when it was installed, but I would guess it was part of the original construction (1954), and was enclosed probably in the 70s. The gentlemen arrived with 1 2ft bubble level and 2 digital levels which were perhaps 1ft in length. From there, they proceeded to place their 2 ft level so that its end touched the 16ft edge, the opposite end parallel to the 8ft dimension. They raised the level so the buble was centered and marked the adjacent brick wall about 1 inch up from its base. Did I mention the slab is 8 ft wide in the parallel dimension to their level? Did I mention the slab had dropped about 4 inches along that 16ft edge? I suggested they use my 4 ft level instead, which they really didn't, relying in their 2dt and 1ft levels instead. They raised the dropped edge about 2 inched, and the whole slab about one inch, resulting in the edge which was down 4 inches, being down only 3 inches now. At this point, cracks began to precipitate in the slab, so they suggested we stop, which I agreed. Then they suggested my 4ft level was inaccurate, and that their 2ft level was more accurate, reporting the slab only slightly out of level. At that point, I stacked their level on top of mine, and demonstrated that their level centered the bubble before mine did, but when my bubble was centered, so was theirs; their level was inaccurate with respect to mine! In the end I was told that, once the foam was fully cured, I could get a subsequent leveling. Unfortunately, they had no more open appointments until March. Meanwhile, that slab was under my laundry room, which I removed, temporarily supporting the roof with beams on the surrounding ground, and engineered joists. Since I'd rather wash my clothes at home than wait til March, I decided to level the build a floor over the slab instead, as the foundation for the new laundry room structure (enclosing the plumbing for the laundry room might also prove useful when the outside temperature falls below freezing soon). To be fair, when the job was quoted, I asked about the ability to lift the entire structure, and was assured that wouldn't be a problem, so the guy who quoted the job did not know I would tear the structure down. However, he surely knew there was a chance the slab would crack, and that if it did, they would not be able to address the remainder of the leveling until March. My general review is this: * Admit to the problems which could occur up front so that the consumer can make a wise choice, rather than selling the job with promises of making the slab level. I have no doubt that, give the time, they could make it level. But starting the job in October, and finishing it in March is not acceptable. * Have proper equipment and train your people to use it. Showing up with a 2ft bubble level and 1 ft digital levels, then not understanding that the lift indicated by a 2ft level, when brought to level, is only 1/4th the lift needed for an 8ft span is rank naivete on levels and similar triangles. Not knowing that the pinch of the vile, (or likely the curve, in the vile is offset to one edge, as their 2fter was) determines the accuracy of the level was just the final blow for my assessment of their competence. The fact that I wound up doing exactly what I was trying to avoid; build a wooden platform which was level on top of the sloped slab, makes it seem like a complete waste of $1700 to have them come to my house. I only hope that the result of the foam pumping is that any voids under the slab were filled, and that it now has a foundation under it which will not erode further. I am certain they do fine work, and the price I paid was in line with what i was expecting. The workmanship and apparent level of competence, however, was disappointing.

Description of Work
Level a 8' X 16' slab

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

06/25/2019

Michael S.

It was expensive but worth it and I will recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They injected stuff foam underneath the garage floor.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

04/26/2019

Reecy P.

Project went very well. Horace and Vic showed up on schedule, explained clearly what they would be doing, kept me apprised of the progress as the job was performed, and walked me through the results. I was a bit surprised by the price for the work, but this was the only company that responded and committed to do the work, so I really don't have a good comparison price point. Note that the process was NOT mudjacking, but jacking and reinforcement with a poly product that offers many benefits over mudjacking.

Description of Work
Leveling of a sinking walkway concrete slab.

Category mudjacking,foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

Leaking or Wet Basement, Crawl Space Moisture Control, Foundation Repair, Concrete Leveling, Mold Remediation, Sump Pumps, and Radon Testing & Mitigation

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available