MTD Services

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2010

3.8

Locally owned and operated. Additional contact name - Melissa Disharoon. Social media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mtdservices...

Palmetto Ceramic Coatings LLC

Exterior Painting Company and authorized dealer of Rhino Shield in South Carolina. Rhino Shield is is an exterior ceramic coating product that is applied to the painted areas of your home. It looks like rich, fresh paint and has a 25 year Warranty against cracking, chipping and peeling.

Premium Pressure Etheredge LLC

Premium Pressure Etheredge LLC specializes high-quality pressure washing for your home, driveways, windows, decks and gutters. We also offer window cleaning and gutter cleaning. If you have any questions please reach out to us! Quality results and professionalism separates us from the rest .

Offers by Premium Pressure Etheredge LLC on Angi
Palak Windows & Doors

Family owned and operated locally in South Carolina - professionally specializing in window and door replacement and installation. We boast and guarantee top-notch workmanship and work ethic being applied to every project. Our products provide superior quality, serious energy efficiency, excellent warranties and all paired with especially competitive rates with ProVia. We offer financing for ALL size projects with best-in-class rates and terms, no affect to your credit score. Get approved whenever you're ready. So - be proud of your renovations, reduce your energy costs without spending your whole sum savings and bring in new light with Palak Windows & Doors.

07/16/2020

Barbara A.

We hired Todd in July of 2019. Work actually started in August with demo; nothing happened for 3 weeks after that; it took forever to get kitchen completed; flooring was overpriced but Mike, installer, was great. Painting subs were a nightmare. The walls were not properly prepped, terrible priming and caulking job, ceiling had missed places, baseboard was painted over sloppy caulking job. These guys came back at least five times over 6 weeks and couldn't get it right. We are paying to have another company repaint downstairs area. Awful experience. Todd didn't come out to CK in work from Oct. to March. We decided against using him for upstairs bedroom and bath remodel because first part took 6 months. Most of the time we didn't know if or when anyone was coming to work. Todd was advanced more money than was actually used to complete work. He has since reimbursed us some of that, but it took 3 cancelled appointments on his part to finally get him back over to see what our concerns were. The project was poorly managed, the subs not always the best, and the time it took was just unreasonable. Todd is a nice enough person, but this is about getting the work done well and being reliable. We hired another company and they remodelled our master bath, built a custom tiled shower, redid floors, repainted there and guest bath, redid plumbing and added granite vanity tops, removed popcorn from ceiling there and in bedroom, kilz the ceilings, new carpet in master bedroom and on stairs for less than MTD estimate. This company started in late April and is finishing next week. Hired them to redo terrible painting downstairs. They also did our backsplash in the kitchen in one day and it looks incredible. That would have been extra with MTD. I am fine with Todd as a person, but wouldn't recommend him to do anything in my house or that of friends bc it was just such a long, drawn out negative experience for us, with the exception of Mike, Sean, and another of his employees who were great.

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen, flooring, upstairs

Category ceramic tile,countertops,drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,plastering,remodeling,garage builders,home builders,home remodeling,interior painters

04/16/2014

Jennifer B.

MTD Services completed a master bathroom remodel which included installing a new shower pan and tile for a walk-in shower, replacing the tile floor in the shower and throughout a mid-sized bathroom, and reworking the cabinet and sink. The entire project took approximately one month and was originally estimated to take two weeks. A 10% retainage was withheld, and was utilized in the end because the project was not completed to satisfaction and Todd was unavailable -- he would not return calls or review his final work. Upon completion of the project, the homeowners had to complete their own construction cleanup which included removing grout film that covered the entire area. The final product looked good on the surface; however, approximately 15 months later the grout and caulking showed signs of leaking on the bathroom baseboards and underneath the shower location as viewed from the crawlspace. Todd from MTD Services was notified of the problem and he visited the site to look at it. He stated that he only has a 12 month warrantee on this work and 18 months had passed since completion of the project. Consequently, he would have to think about it and "work with us to fix it at cost". He never followed up to resolve the issue. After consulting with a more professional company, the base of the shower area was removed and revealed significant water damage and standing water underneath the shower floor tile. The homeowners showed the new construction company pictures of the original project (daily photographs were taken to document progress) and it was revealed that MTD Construction failed to properly seal the shower pan area prior to tiling. As a result, the homeowners have to replace the entire shower pan area due to the significant water damage (down to the joists). The homeowners also have to retreat the area for bug infestation because of the moisture problem. Fixing the faulty work by MTD Services is estimated to cost the homeowners an additional $3,000 about 2 years after the original project completion.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

This job was done correctly. I did indeed go out and look at the damage. Yes it was out of warranty. I offered to pay a portion of repairs. I don't believe the damage was my companies fault. We have done thousands of showers with no problems. I really don't see what else I could have done. As far as another contractor, of coarse they'd say that. This situation could had been handled better on both sides.

03/05/2014

Bruce H.

We have chosen not to use them again. The foreman of the company would never show up on the job site. His employees would come and they were just not very skilled. All in all, with everything that we had them do, we have had to call someone else in to repair it so it has cost us a lot of money. We had them put a door in for us that led out to our pool and at one point, within a few weeks, the door lock stopped working and it was not leveled when they put it in. My toddler could actually just push the door open and wander out to the pool so I called the foreman and let him know that this was a problem and a month later, he still had not sent anyone to repair it. I sent him a note and told him, "Do not worry about it. I have had someone else repair it. I paid somebody else to do it." And he said, "Oh, I am sorry about that. How much do I owe you for the repair bill?" And I said, "Nothing." We had used him quite a bit previously and at this point, the tile that he laid, we are having it replaced because it is cracking. With the door lock that failed, I told him, "This is something that needs immediate attention because of the toddler in the home." It was not a good experience. They were fairly punctual, clean and respectful but everything else from plumbing to the tile and to the door, we are in the process of having them redone. There have been times that they had been somewhat responsive but this last time with the door, they were not.

Description of Work
We used MTD Services a year ago for putting in a door, laying a tile and doing plumbing work for us.

Category remodeling

10/21/2013

Stacey K.

Many of them were very nice but our overall experience was I don't know my husband would say, "Well, we ended up finally with the final product that we wanted mostly but getting there was painful." I probably would not and in fact I did not actually recommend them to somebody who asked me if I would recommend them. It was this summer that they worked on our house. They were here longer than they were supposed to be. There were parts of them I would recommend. I would recommend their electrical and plumbing, their plumber was good. He was messy as he could be but he was good. Their electrician was good. The roofers, I think the guy that came out and diagnosed the problem I don't think diagnosed the right problem on the roof. I think that the guys that came out and did the repair that he told them to do did a good job of doing that repair but I don't think that's what was wrong with the roof. It was Todd, the guy that owns it, who came out and diagnosed the roof and that's his business. He is primarily a roofer by trade. He himself is but he did not get up on our roof and diagnose the problem. He listened to what we told him about what's happening and made a guess at what the problem is and that's what he had the roofers fix. While I think they did a fine job the roof still leaks! We thought it was a reasonable cost. The only cost I felt like was too much was installing the counter tops in the kitchen because my kitchen has like no counter top. I'm talking like a 10 foot run and a 4 foot run and then we already had the build on the surface surround for the dish washer up. We just needed them to fortify it and they charged like $1200 for that and I was not, not, not, not impressed with the counter top guy. We almost had a falling out over that. The guy that they had out here I don't know what he was. I guess he was like handyman/project manager. There was no manager. He was a sweet man. He was truly a sweet man but I would not let him do work at my house again. I'm really kicked that my roof is leaking! Eventually things did get done and we came to an agreement with Todd about the counter top fiasco. We live in an old house and we've lived in it for 15 years and ever since we've lived in this house our drains have been slow in our bathrooms and their plumber went above and beyond. I don't know what he got paid but that man went above and beyond. We have two water heaters under the house and he realized one of them was leaking and on its last legs and he replaced that as well. They had a team of guys come out here and finish up the electrical and they were good. We liked them. They put some kind of a box. Our house was not up to code electrically and they put some sort of a little box thing on the outside of the house out there to help fix it. I think the price was good. That's why we picked them mostly. I read their reviews in Angie's list and thought, "You know what nobody can beat that" They had a little tile guy come out, young, young guy. I don't think he worked with them all the time. He did my back splashes in my kitchen. He was able to do in between the upper and lower cabinets in an enclosed space. He did the entire back splash, he did a great job with that. He also did my bathroom. We tiled the floor and we did floor to ceiling tiles and there are somethings that could have been done better in there but all in all I think he did a fantastic job because he was so goddamn young he could not have had a ton of experience. I really like the tile guy too. The things that we like we really really like and the things we dislike we really really dislike. I do like the plumber, electrician and the tile guy. Honestly, we don't want to call them back here. I mean, we would not recommend them. I don't want them to come back and do my roof because I don't trust them to do my roof. They had their roofing opportunity. Another issue with the roof was that we had shingles to fix that roof and they were told that and Todd knew that and they still turned around and bought new shingles which is fine, they bought it in case they needed more, but they used the new ones before they used the old ones. So we still have a bundle of old shingles in our house. The other ones could have been returned because they only used ones. So it's just stupid stuff like that. In my yard I have a huge bald spot. We told them not to put trash there. He said, "Oh! it will just be a couple of days." Put it there anyway and it was there for like two weeks and we have a huge bald spot in our front yard where that stuff sat, where the guts from my bathroom sat on my front lawn. I mean, all those kinds of stuff just frustrated the heck out of me. I understand that Todd is running a lot of projects, he is the guy that earns the business but he never told us that this handyman guy that we thought was a handyman doing odd jobs was kind of like a project manager. Well, he couldn't manage a project. Getting a response from Todd, especially if he knew you weren't happy about something was rather difficult. He wasn't very responsive until I got ugly. I don't like to get ugly. I don't feel I should have to get ugly. It was a weird process because he said it would be done in two weeks. So he started off sending the handyman guy and he said that he was going to do some initial work and demolition on the bathroom and then the guys would be in there and they would have it whipped out in no time at all. So he came and he did all the stuff and then he was kind of out of work, yet he was showing up almost everyday. Well, there were couple of days he didn't show up. There was one day he showed up and talked and then left. My husband works from home, we couldn't do anything while he was here. It was weird just because if it has to do with expectation of them being here or not being here. That was a little bit hazy and confusing. The plumber was very professional, the electrician was very professional, the tile guy was very professional. This other guy was a lovely man. He was just a sweet and gentle soul. He truly was, didn't have a care in the world but he was not a professional that you would want representing your company. We didn't have a problem with any other guys except for the project manager, the owner of the company and the counter top guy who we didn't have any problems with until he messed up my counters twice. He did it twice. He cut a hole for the sink wrong and had to go buy a new piece to put back. He messed up the second piece which we didn't make him replace. I'm just living with it!

Description of Work
MTD Services gutted my master bathroom, which is a teeny tiny little bathroom, replaced our countertops in our kitchen and installed a dish washer. They built a surround for dishwasher and installed it. They changed out the sink, the stove top and put in a new hood. We changed all of our doors in our house. They put in all the doors and replaced all the knobs and locks and things like that. They put down some thresholds for some home projects that my husband and I had started and not finished. They sort of fixed our roof.

Category appliance repair,countertops,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,home remodeling

In response to this complaint. Or review rather. This is an unfair one. We went above and beyond for [Member name removed]. We fixed any mistake we made. No job is ever the same. So we start fresh on each one. We would've been glad to fix her roof. And still would be. [Member name removed] was a very nice lady, her husband as well. We did have issues that came up. The error is human,to fix it was the right thing to do. All my guys are great at what they do. II'm sorry that we weren't all you wanted us to be. We tried real hard and your house is beautiful. We did that. Sorry it was rough. And for anybody reading this review, please consider the volume of work we do. We did a great job here. [Member name removed] wouldn't give me a chance to fix it. Thanks.

09/03/2013

Abbas T.

I called several plumbers and give me different quotes. MTD quotes and another company were close. When I checked their record it seems they were fine and I decided to go with them. They were suppose to replace all pipes from meter to house and under house. Also, They were suppose to replace one pipe from one of my toilet drainage which i had problem. The plumber came on time and he did the job underneath. He finished the job in two days. However, from meter to the house he did not go the route that we discussed. When I asked this is not acceptable he tried to put blame on me . When I talked to Mr Todd ( the owner) He give me some discount. He told me when he replace my main sewer line ( which i asked for quotes) they will fixed it. I have not replace my sewer line. Also, They did not replace the drainage pipe . The plumber told me the toilet will sank which was not true because i had to hire another plumber to replace and cost me around 200.00. Overall with the money i paid I am ok with the job. However, I wished they would complete everything as we discussed.

Description of Work
I used MTD to re-pipe from meter and all pipes under house. My pipers were copper and old. Here what was suppose to be done: For waterline from meter to house: Installation of a new 1 inch pvc (sch 40)water line. The new line will have a 45-degree angle to avoid exiting oak tree. The line would be installed d18-20 inches deep and include a ball valve stop in valve box on the exterior of the home. For interior work : he would replace the new waterlines for the existing water heater, the kitchen sink/dishwasher, the washer machine , two outsides hose and full bath. All connection will have shut off valve. Also, for bath a new tub/shower and overflow will add. The bath tub access will be from two closet and will repair after complete the work. Regarded the sewer line beneath the home. Also, reroute the toilet drainage.

Category home remodeling

08/27/2013

Dan C.

These guys were absolutely wonderful! They were courteous, honest, knowledgeable, and very hard-working. I wasn't even concerned about locking my house up when I had to leave. The roof and ceiling look GREAT. Plus, they cleaned up every single nail and shingle. They gave us a few pointers on some other work we need to do, and offered to help us out in the future. If I ever need any kind of home improvement done, Todd and his crew will be the first I call. I'm very sorry for those who feel they've had a bad experience. I can't imagine this company doing anything less than the absolute best for all customers.

Description of Work
Replaced our Roof and fixed a hole in the kitchen ceiling.

Category drywall,roofing,home remodeling

08/12/2013

Crissy C.

Tim and the crew did a fantastic job. They were very prompt and clean with their work. They kept us informed with what was going on with the job. Todd, the owner, was able to work with us on a payment options. I will definitely call them for any other contracting job we might have in the future. I believe they are a trusted company. I would recommend them to do any work in the Columbia area.

Description of Work
They replaced the windows throughout our home and the vinyl siding.

Category siding,replacement windows

08/06/2013

Bruce H.

We have used MTD several times in the past few years. In fact, they're one of the few companies we trust to do work in and around our home. The employees are always clean, dressed appropriately, extremely polite, and most of all - considerate of our family and our dogs while working in our home. They even pushed back their lunch break to coincide with when our baby napped so the hammering and noise wouldn't keep her awake. You won't hear profanity, you won't have cigarette butts left on your lawn, you won't be left with any sort of mess. Any time they leave the work site they make sure tools are put away and the area is clean. When they say they're going to be there - they'll be there. I do believe that the owners of MTD hold their employees to a higher standard as to how they conduct themselves when in a customer's home. That's something you don't experience a great deal these days. The electrical line was installed without a hitch and the deck is a thing of beauty. The owner of MTD, Todd, has kept in touch with me throughout the entire process. I've never had a problem of not being able to get in touch with him. The project manager, Matt, always let me know what he intended to get done on a particular day, what was accomplished at the end of the day and what time he'd be returning the next day to begin work again. Like I said, it's just a level of consideration, of honestly wanting and making sure a customer is happy and genuinely pleased with the work. My wood floors are gorgeous, my granite vanities and tile look great (they were installed 2 years ago). And the custom built deck around the pool...WOW...did I mention how beautiful it is? :)

Description of Work
Installed new electrical line and fuse box for pool pump. Custom built deck around above ground pool. Previously used for wood floor refinishing and installation, painting, installing a new door, installing new tile and granite vanity.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,decks,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,home remodeling,doors

08/02/2013

Rhonda R.

MTD services was very professional from the beginning to the end of the job. The roof was replaced quickly with no mess left behind like other roofers I have dealt with in the past. The people here on the job were also well mannered and clean and made sure all of my items around the house were moved and not damaged in the process. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on my home.

08/01/2013

Stacy L.

I was very pleased with the work that MTD Services did in my home. The tile floor is beautiful and well done. My master bedroom is exactly what I designed and the work is well done. I only had one issue, several of the tiles in the kitchen did not match as well as the others, I asked Todd to remove them and that was done the next day. Overall I am extremely happy with MTD Services and will use them again should I need repairs done in my home.

Description of Work
Replaced tile floors in kitchen and bathroom. Added room and bathroom.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,home remodeling

Kitchens/baths complete home and commercial remodeling, roofing, flooring, painting, drywall work, tile, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, decks, screen porches, garages & storage building, hvac, sewer pipes, hydro stop roofing.