Mount Valley Foundation Services

Founded 1986 • With Angi since September 2002

Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation

foundation repair (115)mudjacking (9)basement waterproofing (7)drain pipe installation (1)well & water pump repair (1)concrete repair (25)chimney repair (7)masonry (5)home builder (1)flooring (1)

09/12/2022

Greg B.

Awesome people to work with! So polite and professional. Will definitely recommend to others

Description of Work
Level foundation

Work Completed On 09/12/2022

08/13/2022

Alan D.

Joe, Mike and Isaiah were excellent. Very professional, hard working in extreme heat and gnats. They were very nice and still had smiles even at the end of the day. Joe treated me as if I was a relative and gave advice as best way to proceed in the future with repairs to the steps that they weren’t able to raise because they had no foundation when they were originally built and couldn’t be raised.

Description of Work
Raised the sagging front porch

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

08/11/2022

Michael J M.

Great price and quick turn around. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Foundation stabilization

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

08/03/2022

Dennis T.

they only did half of the work and then wanted to charge me more money to complete the job. I can be contacted at 8438619066. My name is Dennis Turner.

Description of Work
foundation repairs

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

Hello Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the issues that occurred during the project. We have brought your comments to our management team's attention and our manager will reach out to you. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

01/13/2022

Mike J.

Great job. Patrick’s crew were professional and efficient. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Description of Work
Foundation piers

Work Completed On 01/13/2022

Thank you so much for this review! We're glad our team was able to show you a stellar experience and we appreciate your recommendation. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

01/12/2022

Aldo R.

Great customer service, the guys were Proffessional and careful in their job performance. They thoroughly explained the process of their work. Overall, Kudos to Joe, Mike, and Bryant for repairing my home foundation. I will definitely call them again!

Description of Work
Excellent!!!

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

Excellent! Thank you so much for this stellar review. We're glad our team was able to show you a 5-star experience. We'll be sure to share with them! - Mount Valley Foundation Services

12/23/2021

Lori B.

Just want to give a shout out to the following guys: DUNN, ALEX, RILEY and DEVON!! All involved were professional, courteous, responsive to my questions and competent in the service that they provided for me. I had 3 other companies scheduled to come out to give me an estimate. I knew right away that these guys were going to do it right. I cancelled those 3 other companies because I knew MOUNT VALLEY FOUNDATION was the right the company for the job. Love the fact that we now have a trustworthy company that we can rely on now and in the future if I need them. The crew was ALWAYS here on time and CARED about the quality of the job they did. That says it all!!

Description of Work
Encapsulation of Crawlspace

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We always love to hear from satisfied customers. Please let us know if you have future projects, we can lend a hand with. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

09/21/2021

Winston K.

Made sure all was properly installed and working appropriately

Description of Work
N/A

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/30/2021

Hi! Thank you for providing this stellar rating! We appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience with us. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

09/21/2021

Adger B.

I was very pleased with the entire process. I received a fair bid for the repairs, the crew came on time and worked tirelessly to get the job done quickly and thoroughly while respecting my property.

Description of Work
Sill and subfloor repairs

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

Hi! Thank you for giving us this feedback. We're glad we were able to provide you with a solution for your home. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

06/07/2021

Philip W.

Excellent, professional, courtious, respectful and safe concious personal.

Description of Work
Levelling of garage floor area.

Work Completed On 06/07/2021

Thank you for this stellar review! We're glad our team was able to show you a 5-star experience and we'll be sure to share with the team. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

Eric H.

The repairs were done and in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Foundation

Work Completed On 12/15/2020

Hello! Thank for your positive words, we really appreciate the time you took to write such a great review. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

Joanne B.

They gave us 2 options - one with minimal disruption to the cement and another that would involve excavating. They recommended the first as the best option to see if that solved the problem. So far so good. We added on the squeaky floor repair to meet the minimum $ amount for them to accomplish the work.

Description of Work
repair corner foundation causing drywall cracks, squeaky floor

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

Hi! We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out of your day to leave us a 5-Star review. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

James N.

Outstanding service by well qualified subject matter experts

Description of Work
Crawl space encapsulation

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/13/2021

Hi, thanks for leaving us such a great review. Our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your kind words! - Mount Valley Foundation Services

Walter G.

It went extremely well and was done quickly. My crawl space was one of their wettest jobs ever and they were done in 4 days. They continually let me know what was being done and answered all of my questions, which were a lot. Excellent Company and Excellent Employees!

Description of Work
Crawl Space Drain Pipe Installation/Pump and Encapsulation, and Foundation Repair

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review. We always strive to deliver great experiences consistently and we appreciate your feedback! -Mount Valley Foundation Services

10/21/2020

Andrew B.

Timely, punctual, and efficient. Work completed quickly; wouldn’t even know they were there.

Description of Work
Foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

Hi! Thank you for providing this feedback. We always love to hear from satisfied customers about their experience.

07/23/2020

Robert S.

They did what they said they would and when they said they would. They were courteous and professional. Would definitely use again. Would recommend to a friend. Watched parts of the repair. They were careful and obviously knew what they were doing. They left the work area clean and neat. Hardly any lawn damage other than the area where they dug. Much better than expected. I give them 5 stars.

Description of Work
Foundation repaie of my house.

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

Hi! Thank you for taking time to submit a review about your experience with our company. We take tremendous care to provide the highest level of service possible during every project. -

05/24/2020

Petrisse P.

Dear angie' s list I wanted to change my rating from D to an F. When I pull it up it shows a rating of a D still. Mount Valley responded 05-06. That they would have their general manager reach out to me. It is now 05-25 and he/she still hasn't done so. All I want is for them to come back and do the job right or give me back half my money. If I had owed them money they would be calling me every chance they got. I paid 5677. Too much money for my floors to be in the same condition that they were in. This has been every since March 25th. So I want to give them an F and please post this review and delete 05-06 review. So i want 05-06 review to be edited to this review and to give new rating of an F.

Description of Work
To have floors level and strong

Category flooring contractor, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/24/2020

04/14/2020

randal C.

Ron Fitz was our Certified Field Inspector for providing us with a quote to repair our broken/cracked and uneven concrete surfaces around our pool and driveway. Ron arrived on time the day of our scheduled appointment. He demonstrated a high level of professionalism and in-depth knowledge. During his evaluation of our issues he asked questions to ensure that he was meeting our expectations for the end result. Ron provided us with a sketch of the areas in need of repair with cost for each area allowing us to pick and choose some or do all. Overall, we were glad that we choose Mount Valley and that Ron was our representative.

Description of Work
Concrete driveway and pool deck leveling and crack repair

Category mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

04/13/2020

Charles T.

Normally, I’m not a fan of leaving negative reviews like this. But, I’ve never had a company treat me this poorly in my 31 years on this earth. Something needs to be said. First, the crew’s behavior was completely unacceptable - They left cigarette butts and food wrappers all over my lawn, constantly wasted my time being late, broke all of the vent covers to my crawlspace, and literally screamed the words “f**king p**sy” in front of a bunch of neighborhood kids (among many, many other things). Do not trust these people in your home. Second, the job itself was completely botched, and I have the City of Charleston inspection notes to prove it. Among other things, they only encapsulated part of the crawlspace, left standing water everywhere, set up the dehumidifier wrong, and they “installed” a jack under the house so poorly that I could literally push it out of place with one finger. Understandably, I got fed up and asked how I could go about cancelling the job. They never responded to that question – I didn’t hear from them for almost 4 months after asking. So, I hired a local company to clean up their mess, at no small expense, and went on with my life. Then, out of the blue, after 4 months, they reached out and threatened to put a lien on my home if I didn’t pay up. Just to be clear, they never even sent me a bill, and they still had my $2500 deposit. I didn’t owe them a dime (if anything I want my **** deposit back). Yet, here they are making threats. And that, my friends, is why I’m writing this review. It’s understandable if your crew drops the ball with a customer – not every job is going to go right, and even good employees have bad days. But, if you treat paying customers like absolute garbage, eventually people are going to speak up. Take your money somewhere else, Charleston. Plenty of local companies who will do right by you.

Description of Work
Crawlspace Encapsulation and Foundation Jack

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/13/2020

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to give our customers the best and take your concerns seriously. We have brought your comments to our management team's attention and we will have the General Manager reach out to you.

03/03/2020

Michael G.

Wonderful, our home feel like we have brand new floors and the overall feel of our home since mount valley did our foundation is we feel like visitors every of our lives. WE LOVE THE WORK THEY HAVE DONE FOR US, so we highly recommended them with a total rating of 100. The Greer's.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Work Completed On 03/03/2020

Hello! Thank you for trusting us to provide your home with a solution! We are glad everything went well and we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share the experience you had with us. - Mount Valley Foundation Services

02/20/2020

Jack M.

Excellent job. We are pleased with the work that was done.

Description of Work
Foundation Repair

Work Completed On 02/20/2020

Wow! Thank you so much for this stellar review. We're glad our team was able to show you a 5-star experience.

02/20/2020

Dennis E.

Very professional n pleasant to seal with

Description of Work
Foundation Repair