Chimney Cricket Inc

• Trade License Expiration
  • 09/17/2021

181 Fairview Rd

Woodlyn, PA 19094

For over 30 years, Chimney Cricket has served the Philadelphia area with comprehensive chimney restoration, full service chimney repairs, quality chimney inspections, and reliable chimney sweeping. Why choose Chimney Cricket? Simple. We love chimneys! We are more than certified sweeps, inspectors, and masons. Each of our technicians share a passion for their work. We love the challenge of troubleshooting chimney problems and enjoy restoring masonry chimneys....

chimney sweep (117)chimney repair (58)chimney cap repair (31)fireplace services (19)masonry (12)dryer vent cleaning (8)home inspection (3)gas fireplace repair (2)stucco (1)

02/27/2021

chimney Inspection and ceramic lining application

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Job - Lining my chimney with heat shield. Cons -Scare tactics and unorthodox inspection report process - Misrepresentation of labor needed for Ceramic relining system - Unfair labor pricing Pros -Crew was solid and professional. -Product is a good option instead of a total rebuild. I have been taken advantage of by Chimney Cricket on a cleaning/inspection that turned into job to reline my chimney flue with HeatShield, Ceramic relining system. I want to make sure homeowners understand this job/company’s ways of doing business. It started with a Chimney Cricket cleaning & inspection report that failed my chimney indicating that my flue was "a risk to life and property." The inspector actually got my wife to sign this report, which is very unusual. Another very reputable company inspected and passed the fireplace flue a few weeks later. The chimney was structurally fine, minimal shift between the terracotta segments, and only minor imperfections in the mortar between the segments. I wanted piece of mind so I went on with the liner repair anyway. They quoted $3,747.25 for the job and an additional $895 for a lift rental for his team. I questioned the $895, given 2 other quotes didn’t need a special lift. I provided pictures of my roof, he quickly dropped the $895 charge. They should have known this given they did the cleaning/inspection. The company didn’t do their homework to give me a quote that is aligned to what is needed for my job. Before signing, a manager explained that this job will take approximately 2 days to complete. I believed it and we moved forward. Contrary to his explanation, the 2 man crew spent approximately 3 hours total to complete this job, not 2 days. This included preparation with an acid etch and application of the product. I went on to understand the ceramic material costs being a few hundred dollars for the job (quoted directly from Heatshield). I felt that the entire job was grossly overestimated based on the time it took to complete. I asked them to reconsider his price. The manager said he has a standard number for the job and I should be happy that they were done faster than predicted. The crew and was fine and I’m happy with the Heatshield product, but 3 hrs to squeegee $200 of material on my flue isn’t worth $3747 bucks. Home owners, be aware !

CATEGORY home inspection,masonry,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/1970

06/23/2020

We needed to repair broken tile between the top of the chimney and the metal cap. The team arrived on time, evaluated the damage, provided a written proposal, performed the work and provided before/after photos.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Correct cracked tile

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/16/2020

02/27/2019

We've used them twice, for chimney and dryer vent cleaning. Punctual and professional, they completed the work quickly and gave helpful advice. I plan to keep using them for regular cleanings.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dryer vent cleaning

CATEGORY chimney repair,dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/28/2019

02/05/2019

They were one of a very few companies who would do this type of work. They were very professional and kept us informed of changes in their schedule.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace damper

CATEGORY chimney caps,chimney repair,fireplaces

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/23/2019

01/20/2019

All went well--the technician, Anthony, was on time, efficient and professional. He asked to check the vent for a second chimney, which vents out the furnace gases, he explained. He found, and showed me, that the horizontal vent pipe was filled with debris. Anthony explained that the chimney liner had deteriorated and collapsed, which causes the gases to not vent out. I appreciated his thoroughnes...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney inspection and cleaning, special deal

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney repair

COST $95.32

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2019

01/20/2019

It went well. The technician inspected the chimney inside and out, and thoroughly cleaned inside, and cleaned up after himself.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney inspection and cleaning[

CATEGORY chimney sweep,chimney repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/16/2019

11/16/2018

I had contacted Chimney Cricket and passed them on to my Parents to have work done on their house in Oct. 2016. I am writing as I have just purchased the neighboring property and have had an opportunity to review the documents my father has and to inspect the "work" that was done. Initially Chimney Cricket was very responsive and prompt. A proposal for the stabilization and repair of the shared ch...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair and stabilization of shared chimney, stucco restoration and chase cover

CATEGORY masonry,chimney repair,stucco

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2018

Photo for Chimney Cricket Inc - 181 Fairview Rd, Woodlyn, PA - 37602064

10/11/2018

The technician arrived late and I needed to follow up with office to make sure I had the right expectation, which I did, and then shortly after he called me to let me know he was on the way. Not really too big a deal since he was about 45 minutes later than his window. My gas fireplace was not lighting properly and the pilot light would go out periodically. At the end of last winter I shut off the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair gas fireplace that was not working properly

CATEGORY fireplaces,gas logs

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/21/2018

10/09/2018

Very well. Team from Chimney Cricket arrived right on time. Without being asked they used covers for their shoes and put down pads to protect the floor around our fireplace. Since we were interested, they explained what was happening before they did it and kept us informed on their results. Pricing was very fari We will definitely hire Chimney Cricket again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney cleaning

CATEGORY chimney sweep

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/02/2018

08/30/2018

Everything went smoothly. They were on time, cleaned the dryer vent, fixed the vent-to-dryer attachment, and cleaned up. Then, they showed me what they did. The dryer functions more efficiently now.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer vent cleaning

CATEGORY dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2018

Chimney Sweep & Inspection. Fireplace & Wood Stove Sweep. Chimney Caps & Crowns. Pointing, Stucco Restoration, and Water-proofing. Gas Stove, Gas Log, Wood Stove, Wood Stove Insert, Gas Insert Installation. Chimney Rebuilds. Dryer Vent Sweeping. Chimney Restoration, Chimney Liners, Cast in Place Chimney Liners, Historic Chimney Restoration.

Live Animal Removal