Four Seasons Dry Cleaners

Founded 1983 • With Angi since January 2006

1716 Murray Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA 15217

Pittsburgh's Most Respected & Trusted Dry Cleaning Delivery Service. Twice a week service to most Pittsburgh areas. To Start "FREE" delivery service or to see delivery areas visit us online at fsdrycleaners.com. On-site Tailoring by "Alfredo" with available fitting room at our Squirrel Hill location. Same Day Alterations available. We Feature Couture Hand Cleaning for all fine garments. Master certified dry cleaner in stain removal. Eco-Friendly Cleaning and FREE hanger caddy provided for hanger recycling. "Go-Green" laundry/valet bags available for reducing plastic. Wedding Gown Restoration, Cleaning & Preservation Specialists for over 26 years. All gowns are carefully inspected, pre-treated, cleaned and hand packaged in our "golden keepsake" acid free wedding gown boxing. Other Services include: Leather, Suede, Fur cleaning, Repair & temperature controlled Fur Cold Storage. Try our Execu-Shirt Laundry for a great looking shirt. Earn airline miles or cash back for dollars spent with us through our partner Thanksagain.com Student Discount with ID. Look for us in the Clipper, Enjoy and the Squirrel Hill Magazine. Coupons available on our website....

03/05/2015

Ronald D.

They do an excellent job with St. John Knitts. They do amazing work. My wife is very happy with their work. We have used them for 3 years now.

Description of Work
They do everything that has to do with cleaning clothes.

06/14/2014

Nancy D.

I've had them lose my clothes for days at a time TWICE and hem an expensive pair of pants 4and quot; too short. Avoid at all costs. They take no responsibility or offer anything but and quot;everybody makes mistakes.and quot;

Description of Work
Tailoring and dry cleaning

01/20/2014

Katherine G.

I'd rate the dry cleaning a "B" for punctuality. This particular rating, though involves their tailoring. I brought in 6 pairs of pants to be hemmed; the gentleman who took the measurements was very quick and professional.However, although the sign in the window says "one-day hemming", it took a full week to get my pants back. No big deal for me; just wanted y'all to know.

Description of Work
I go to these dry cleaners regularly and have never had a problem, although they do take awhile because they have no plant on site.

Category dry cleaning,alterations

01/20/2014

Bernard M.

On two separate occasions I had shirts laundered there and each time, one of the shirts that I had worn while wearing cologne came back smelling of the cologne. This makes me question how thoroughly the shirts were laundered. I get my shirts folded as I travel extensively for business; their folding is just OK -- fewer wrinkles than Lord Duncan, but still more than my former cleaners in Florida. The prices here are no bargain and the counter staff was rude once to my wife, informing her that we must tell them every time when dropping off shirts how I want them (folded, light starch) and that it can't be pre-set in their computer system. I am astounded at the seeming lack of a good, reliable (i.e., the work is done right all the time, every time) dry cleaner in Pittsburgh's East End -- there seem the be a lot of professionals in these neighborhoods who are in business dress more often than not.

Description of Work
Laundered shirts, starched, and folded; dry cleaned several suits.

Category dry cleaning

(removed member name), Thank you for your input, but let me better expailn the process within the industry for shirt washing. First, we at Four Seasons use the most up to date controlled washing system for laundering shirts, something not all other cleaners use. All shirts are inspected, unbuttoned, washed and pressed on specific shirt equipment within the industry. However, the detergents we use while being eco-friendly and very effective will never remove cologne or embedded ring around the collar from the shirts. The same holds true for blood and ink stains. These must be brought to our attention to be per-treated and worked on separately, as an additional time and cost is involved. Even then there is no guarantee that it all may be removed. As to your shirt preferences, we do have this information in the computer under your account. The staff will sometimes ask or like to be informed because customers forget to tell us of a change from one time to another which can vary based upon traveling or space limitations. We have people that change routinely their preferences even though you may not. I'm sorry if we offended you in any way, it surely was not intended. I would be happy to redo (per-treatment & cleaning) at no charge to you some of the shirts you were unhappy with. Please feel free to notify me personally at larry@fsdrycleaners.com to assist you with this. We always strive to provide a quality product with professional service and I apologize for any mis-communication on our part. Please let me know what I can do to try and make this right for you. Larry savitz, owner

06/18/2013

Paul S.

Very professional and competent. Stuff always arrives on time and well-finished. They offer coupons as well (which would take away the sting of somewhat-expensive rates if I remembered to use them).

Description of Work
Regularly picks up and drops off dry cleaning and shirt laundry

Category dry cleaning

Thanks (deleted member name) for taking the time to write a review. Did you also know that you can sign-up with our affiliate Thanksagain.com and receive Flyer miles, cash back or other offers? Just go to Thanksagain.com. Thanks! Larry

06/10/2013

Jan S.

It was a question that, I think, a lesser service would have ignored.

Description of Work
I asked a question through their website, and they answered within 48 hrs. The answer was courteous and helpful.

05/20/2013

Abigail T.

One of the blazers and the pants were done well. However, one arm of the suit jacket came out looking pretty bad on the inside hem. I was pretty disappointed, since it was both an expensive suit and I ended up paying more than expected for the alteration. I am decent at hemming my own pants, and feel that I could have done just as good a job on this jacket as the person I paid $24 to do it.

Description of Work
I had a suit altered and an additional blazer altered. The tailor only thought the sleeve and pant leg lengths needed to be altered.

Category alterations

(member name removed), I'm sorry to hear about your first experience not being up to your expectations. Our tailor is considered to be one of the best within the city and I know personally that he is capable of doing amazing work. I also know that he is very in-line on his pricing as compared to other commercial tailors. Please accept my apologies for any misunderstandings or oversights. I have gone and applied a $10 in-store credit to your account in hopes that you will try us again in the future. Larry Savitz, owner

10/29/2012

Elaine P.

They quoted a price and a date when the jacket would be cleaned and both were accurate.

Description of Work
I have a soft, light colored leather coat that I bought in Italy several years ago. I have had it cleaned twice - once by a leather cleaner in another city and recently by Four Seasons Dry Cleaners here in Pittsburgh. The first time I had it cleaned, the jacket collar was still dirty looking and I was very disappointed. I never expected to see the jacket look as good as new ever again. After we moved to Pittsburgh, I needed to have the jacket cleaned again and found Four Seasons on Angie's List and decided to give them a try. I brought the jacket to the shop as it is near our home and I wanted to talk to them about the soiled collar. I was treated with courtesy and understanding and the man I spoke to couldn't guarantee that the collar would come clean but he said that they would try. When I picked up the jacket, I was amazed at how clean it was. The collar looks almost new again and the jacket looks like it did when I bought it. Yes, the price is a little high but I paid more the first time I had it cleaned. I highly recommend this cleaner and will bring all of my dry cleaning and repairs to them in the future. My husband has a suede jacket that is in need of cleaning and Four Seasons quoted me $44.00 to do it. This is again, a little less than we were quoted by another cleaner.

Category dry cleaning

Member, Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It's nice to hear a compliment, something most people don't take the time to do. If at anytime something is not to your satisfaction, please feel free to let my store manager Sue know. We really do try to provide above average service and quality however we are limited at times to what we have to work with. Please feel free to spread the word! By the way, we offer discounts through our e-newsletter and affiliate with Thanksagain.com to provide you with airline miles or a cash back option for dollars spent with us. Visit our website, fsdrycleaners.com/ rewards to sign-up. Please keep in mind they are separate sign-ups as the email is through us and the other through Thanksagain.com Regards, Larry Savitz, owner

04/11/2012

Edna S.

I have 3 large tablecovers that I needed pressed. I was in a rush and I called to ask if it was possible to get same day service. The girl explained they don't offer same day services. I asked her when I could get them back and she told me a week!!!! A week to press tablecovers? I can handle that they don't offer same day service, but their turnaround time for something that is needed quickly doesn't seem like they try to accommodate customer needs. They won't be getting my business.

Description of Work
I have 3 large table covers that I needed pressed quickly and they were not able to accommodate me.

Category dry cleaning

As explained to the customer, we do not handle in-house the laundry of table linens and large household items. We do not have the equipment in-house to process these type of items. This type of work is sent out to an outside service which usually requires a week turn around time. The customer also wanted this done last minute at the end of Easter week, one of the busiest weeks of the year. We never could have provided the quality of service for the customer even if we attempted this in-house under that short time frame. That is why we declined the job.

03/01/2012

Connie C.

Four Seasons did an incredible job on a white wool coat which was heavily stained. It looks like new again! They are very expensive but if they can save a good coat they are worth the extra high cost.

Description of Work
I had a few clothes cleaned including winter coats. A few of the items had very bad stains.

Category dry cleaning

Member, Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you were pleased with our services. We use higher grade more expensive products that help us acheive better results. We also try to compensate our long time loyal staff better than most so that we put out a better more consistent product. We are constantly updating our equipment and are ready to stand behind our customers for any issues. Unfortunately, this all costs more but we feel your clothing and you are worth it. I feel our pricing is very competitive compared to other cleaners within our market, so I'm sorry you felt we were expensive. Have you signed up online for our Monthly emails with coupon discounts? We also utilize the Trib Total Saving, Clipper & Squirrel Hill Magazines periodically for discount coupons. We are the only cleaner that gives you Cash back or Flyer miles rewards for dollars spent with us through our affiliate, Thanksagain.com. We even offer students a discount with ID. If you take all of these into account, we are below market pricing for the work we do. I thank you again for taking the time to write a review and please feel free to contact me personally at anytime should you need. Larry Savitz, owner Larry@fsdrycleaners.com
    Dry Cleaning
    Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
    Delivery Service
    Furs
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Dry cleaning, Classic Couture hand cleaning & restoration, Households, Comforters, Table linens, Leather, Suede & Fur cleaning, repair & moisture controlled fur cold storage. Expert On-Site Tailoring by "Alfredo" with fitting room. Same day Alterations available. Wedding Gown Restoration, Cleaning & Preservation Specialists for over 26 years.