CENTURY INTERIORS INC

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2007

421 ALMAR DR

Pittsburgh, PA 15237

General Contracting company specializing in fine craftstmanship and exceptional customer service. Since 1989 we've dedicated ourselves to creating flawless spaces that exceed our client's expectations. We focus on the details, your needs and your vision. Please visit our website for photo galleries and client reviews. State Registration Number: PAOAGHIC:001847...

01/18/2021

Gayle H.

I contracted with Century Interiors for interior home repairs after water damage. This is the third time that I have worked with Century and they have never failed to deliver quality work. For this recent project a crew first prepped and protected all areas. The hardwood floors and carpeting were covered to protect them from damage and debris. The furniture and household items were also covered and protected. They repaired damaged areas and then tackled numerous cracks in the plaster in various rooms, and then painted all. At the end of the project the crew repositioned all items, cleaned, and disposed of all debris. They worked diligently throughout to ensure that I was satisfied with all of the work. I would not hesitate to contact Mark Labella again to manage a future project for me.

Description of Work
Project management, repairs, painting.

Category interior painters

03/31/2015

Gail M.

Mark LaBella was punctual for the meeting, provided a detailed assessment and list of references, answered questions in a timely manner. Century Interiors painted our first floor interior 2 years ago. They did an excellent job and were very professional. Although they are on the upper end of pricing, the quality of work performed made the expense worthwhile. That is why we are considering them for our exterior work too!

Description of Work
Recently provided an estimate for extensive exterior repair: stucco resurfacing, wood trim painting, scaffold rental, ad hoc carpentry & gutter repair as needed

Category contractors,gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,woodworking,interior painters

09/05/2014

Sandy S.

Mark is great to work with. You can discuss details with him before he begins work and keeps you up to date about what is going on. You can negotiate with him to help you meet your budget. He provides a detailed contract and charges for work as it is done, so there are no surprises. I'm very happy with the result and all of the subcontractors that Mark brought in to do everything from roofing, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and more.

Description of Work
Refinished floors, renovated kitchen, replaced front door, painted entire interior, other misc. In separate project, replaced siding and roof.

Category contractors,electrician,flooring contractor,plumbing,remodeling,roofing,siding,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters

06/09/2014

Claudine M.

They did a good job. There wasn't anything bad about it. They came in and did the work as expected. There was one little problem afterwards. They just came back and remediated it. It was fine. There was no hassle at all.

Description of Work
We did Century Interiors Inc. It was for putting up a drywall.

Category drywall

02/05/2014

MICHAEL S.

They are on the expensive side but I think they're still worth it. That's why I keep going back. I can rely upon them always to do the job. They have been punctual, professional, and so on.

Description of Work
I've used Century Interiors for painting and wallpapering.

Category wallpaper,interior painters

01/26/2014

Mary K.

Century was very responsive and had good insight, though we eventually chose somebody else (friend of the family). Since we didn't go with Century, I can't comment on their work but they were really helpful in the planning phase and very responsive.

Description of Work
We received a quote to add a bathroom in our master bedroom.

Category remodeling

07/31/2013

R W.

What a disaster. None of our neighborhood will ever work with Century again based on our experience. Not only should people not work with this disreputable contractor, but his license should be revoked. Mark and his team damaged my deck beyond repair when installing my neighbor's deck. In the midst of construction, Mark discovered that in order to get the neighbor's deck in, about half of my deck had to be disassembled temporarily. As a good neighbor, I agreed to allow Mark to remove a portion of my deck as long as nothing was damaged during the removal of the boards and he could put them back together, which he did. Afterwards, Mark informed me that he could not reassemble my deck because it was in disrepair. My deck was certainly not new but it was sturdy and worked fine. And if it wasn't, Mark should have never taken it apart and committed to putting it back together as it was. Amazing--so here I was with half a deck through no fault of my own. Mark never made any apology or accommodation for putting me in this position with now only half a deck in my backyard. On top of it all, my deck boards were accidentally disposed of by Mark's workers while my deck was disassembled and they were working next door. So I couldn't even put it back together myself or by using another contractor. My deck was also structurally changed to accommodate my neighbors new deck, and Mark never discussed this with me. I only discovered this by seeing a worker digging out my deck posts one afternoon. I asked him to stop until Mark called me to tell me what was going on. Mark never called and the change was sneakily done the next day. I was dumbfounded with his dishonesty. The unfortunately part was that Mark insisted on an entire architectural plan, property line marking, and detailed blueprints for my neighbor's deck because of the size of the project. Since that was done, none of this should have even been necessary as they would have seen that my deck was in the way for the installation. In the end, I paid someone to take apart the deck that was ruined by Mark, and now I only have a small landing area to walk outside the house where there was once a nice full-sized deck. I can't even describe how dishonest this person is. Look for another contractor.

Description of Work
Build new deck

Category concrete repair

07/31/2013

Rose B. and Bill H.

The work was good but they were supposed to start in July and they didn't start until October. The crew knew what they were doing. Great workmanship . Wasn't pleased that they had promised an earlier start day and they never came through.

Description of Work
They did our siding all around the house.

Category remodeling,siding

05/19/2013

Phoebe S.

We had not moved in and were still living in other state when the company was hired and started the work, so all the communication was remote. Mark has discussed all the items we wanted over the phone back and forth each time with an updated proposal, which gave us a common ground of what can be done and how it will be done within our budget. In the end he gave us a renovation plan that we both agreed and we had removed several items because adding them up would mean over budget. Mark and his team were very tentative to the details and kept the house clean. At the time we were out of the town and Mark supervised the entire project. He made some on-site decisions for us, such as eliminating old electrical wires and matching closet wall colors, and we think those are very professional decisions. They did very beautiful painting job. They opened the old coat closet and created a window seat area, again, the carpentry was very well done. When the time to change the attic window, we just realized the entire window frame had already broken. Mark had the carpenter repair all the water damaged area, made a new frame and installed the new window. So during the process we were very happy to see our new home to be completed day by day. However, the project didn't finished as originally planned, and in the end it went over the budget around $4000. The way Mark bill you was by sending you invoices every week. On the third week, we received a invoice of $8800 which represented the invoices Mark received from his sub contractors on that single week. We were shocked about this invoice because the work hasn't finished yet and this invoice means we will be over budget. Then gradually we realized in Mark's way of billing, the renovation proposal is only a reference. He can't guarantee the project won't over budget because he bills you by how many hours the crew members work at your home. So we learned. It is really important to think through when you sign your agreement. One last thing we have to complain is the glass block window in the basement we had them to install for us. Mark forgot to ask us if we want a vent on the window, and he went ahead to order the window for us. So now we have a beautifully made, brand new glass block window in our laundry room-without a ventilation. It feels humid and stuffy down there. We asked him several times if he can fix the issue. The first time he apologized and said it's too late. We asked hime again after we moved in, and no response.

Description of Work
Mark and his team was hired to finish the following items of our new home: painting for the first and second floor, changing 7 old windows to new ones, installing recess lighting in the living room, installing California closet in our two bedrooms and office, opening up an existing coat closet to expose the window behind, creating an wood floor landing area at the entrance and adding heat radiator in the basement.

Category electrician,plastering,remodeling,wallpaper removal,replacement windows,woodworking,interior painters

04/29/2013

Michael P.

Mark and his crew were excellent to work with throughout the whole remodeling process. I shopped around to several contractors and Mark had the most reasonable prices with the best reviews and ended up doing high quality work. The work crews cleaned as they went, so although the house was in construction mode, they kept it as clean as possible throughout. Mark was able to offer some good cost saving ideas of items that wouldn't be useful or have little value to help keep on budget. I would highly recommend Century Interiors for any remodeling work. I plan to use them again in the future to finish other parts of the house.

Description of Work
Remodeling for an older home, I had framework put up, insulation added, drywall hung, expanded master bedroom closet, new windows installed, installed bookshelves, coat of primer on drywall.

Category drywall,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters

Chernega Construction LLC

Chernega Construction is a trusted family owned business based out of Lower Burrell, PA that services the surrounding Pittsburgh area. We specialize in home remodeling, new home construction, concrete work, and roof installation. If you can dream it. We can build it. For over 3 decades, we have specialized in residential construction, and commercial general contracting.

Michener Chimney and Masonry

All your masonry needs from new brick, block or stonework.. Retaining walls..chimney repair..whole house repointing..lintel replacement..step cracks ..mortar matching..no job too big or small

Four Seasons Construction

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Gutter Repair and Replacement services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Check, Visa, MasterCard

GENERAL CONTRACTING, SITE MANAGEMENT, REFURBISH INTERIORS AND EXTERIORS, PAINTING, DRYWALL, PLASTER, KITCHENS, BATHS, FLOORING, WALLPAPER, DECORATING, CLOSET ORGANIZATION, SPACE OPTIMIZATION, RESTORATION, REPAIRS FROM WATER DAMAGE, EXTERIOR PAINTING, SIDING, WINDOWS, DOORS, WALKWAYS, DRIVEWAYS, PORCHES, DECKS, AND OTHER EXTERIOR WORK, LIGHTING, ELECTRICAL, AND PLUMBING.

N/A