Ark Basement Svc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2006

4.4

532 Broadway Ave

Pitcairn, PA 15140

We are a family owned business. Three brothers are the only people you will deal with when it comes to estimates. Which means no sales commission! No sub contractors doing the work. Award winning. Additional phone numbers - (866) 408-9650, (412) 856-4500....

03/26/2018

Margaret N.

They arrived promptly and did was they said they were going to do. I

Description of Work
french drain, sump pump and waterproof material on the walls, were installed.

Category basement waterproofing,wells,mold removal

05/08/2017

Ashley H.

Received a quote and the price was great, but decided to go with a different company. Jimmy was very nice and explained everything in detail and followed up to make sure I didn't have any additional questions.

Description of Work
Waterproof basement.

09/01/2016

Debra C.

I hope that you read my review and think before you choose this company. In 2012 I was a single mom who just purchased my first house. During heavy rain the basement would have a small water trickle that came in right under a chimney on the main floor. Michael, the owner, came out and agreed that I was in need of French drains in my basement and that the chimney structure outside should be pier lifted. His subcontracted workers did a mediocre job. I try not to hover over workers, I give them their space. I even purchased lunch a couple of times for the crew. At the end of the job I was outside observing the French drain being installed next to my chimney. There was a bend in the ditch and they placed 2 separate pieces of drain pipe next to each other leaving about an inch wide gap at the bend. This would have caused all the water from my backyard that was collected into the drainage pipe to flow out of the gap and directly towards my home (about a foot away). Instead of adjoining an elbow piece, they left it as is and continued to place dirt over top to cover up their shotty work. I called and spoke to the owner, he came down, the covered up area of concern was dug out and they fixed it upon my demanding. Now I am left wondering what other corners they cut on the job?? I called to have my free annual sump pump checked multiple times. My calls have always gone to voicemail and I have never received a call back. After having several roofers come in well after this work was done, I have realized that my water issue was because of a flashing problem at my chimney. I did not need basement waterproofing and the owner of this company would have known this! Pier lift of chimney $5,000 Interior drains $2,700

Description of Work
Internal basement drain External drain in yard Pier lifting on chimney

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

06/25/2016

Renee D.

Mike and his workers Dave and John were outstanding. Got an appraisal within 24 hours of contact. They were by far the most reasonable for the job done. They went above and beyond and worked extremely hard. Very friendly and professional and trustworthy. They even jackhammered a porch stoop and took it away and filled it in for a minimal amount. Cannot say enough good things about this company.

Description of Work
Put a drain and pump in basement. Removed concrete stoop and filled in.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing,wells

We strive to make happy customers! At the end of the day you want a dry basement and we are here to do that. Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

01/31/2016

Simone M.

Well, honestly not very well. Nice guy, polite, but only 10 mins for the inspection... which result with a $2500 of work (just a quote) for a french drain. For this folks water in the basement automatically means the most expensive work. Sorry, watch again: there was a leak in my kitchen. The residual infiltration, from the ground, it's not severe to justify a french drain. I'm more than happy with a dehumidifier.

Description of Work
Inspection of the basement for water infiltration.

Category plumbing,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

[Member Name Removed], Im sorry you feel that way. We want happy people i wish you well with your endeavors.

11/30/2015

Diana S.

They came in, it was like a consultation. They were suppose to get back with me and they never did. The consultation itself was fine and I wanted to have some work done but they never did get back to me. Maybe they got my email wrong, I have no idea. They came out around the end of May. They said they were going to go through the costs and send me an estimate.

Description of Work
I got an estimate for the basement waterproofing work.

Category foundation repair

11/02/2015

Dalton S.

Have not seen any water since they did the work - - even through very heavy storms. The cement work was done well; need to reach out to them as there was a crack along the one section. Also, work comes with a 100% transferrable warranty. Very good benefit.

Description of Work
French drain along front wall of house in basement and sump pump added.

Category plumbing,basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe

10/01/2015

Peter L.

I thought they did a good job. They were quick and they cleaned up after themselves. It was a very satisfactory arrangement. This was done a short time ago and so far it is working fine. They were very courteous.

Description of Work
He built an interior french drain in the basement and garage.

06/24/2015

Kim M.

They arrived on time and performed the work and were done in a couple of hours. A couple of days after the work was completed I saw water on the floor. They came within the week and took care of the problem.

Description of Work
Installed a French drain inside the house in the basement

Category plumbing,basement waterproofing

06/12/2015

Sally A.

Im trusting that it will be the best job for our basement! Thankyou Ark

Description of Work
removed the nonworking poorly done ' waterproofing ' done by Baker's Waterproofing. They took out all the pipes and re-dug out the trenches and put in all new french drains and sump pump. they worked hard for three days, and cleaned up well when they were done. The workers explained everything and answered all my questions well,and were very polite!

Category basement waterproofing

Thank you for trusting in our company I promise we will stand behind our work, unlike the other company that worked on your basement

05/21/2015

Robert S.

Rick arrived on time for our scheduled appointment. He was knowledgeable, professional and thorough in his review. He carefully explained my options for addressing our water leakage problems and patiently answered all my questions to be sure I thoroughly understood what they propose to do and the benefits I should expect. I was very satisfied with my experience and believe this is a company I could do business with once I complete my interviews.

Description of Work
Provided foundation and basement water leakage inspection and recommended a correction plan of action.

Category water damage restoration,basement waterproofing

03/31/2014

MAry S.

From the time that I talked to them till the time they started the work, they were really quick. They cleaned up after themselves. They did a really good job. That basement has been bone dry since then. I like the fact that the supervisor came and checked on the workers, to make sure everything was going smoothly.

Description of Work
I used the services of Ark Basement Services. They put in a french drain in some pump.

10/31/2013

Louis K.

They water proofed the entire basement. But like the old saying, "The job isn't done until the paper work is done." Well the paper work was done but the various shelfs and other equipment was not put back correctly.All they had to do was ask me. I'm still putting things away. They did have a crew come in and put the heaver pieces back, with our instructions.

Description of Work
Waterproof basement walls.

Category basement waterproofing

Wow. I went to her house personally. She went for having her basement sealed and vented. After two days of work we finished and was paid. Normal protocol when was are painter we put back stuff that's possible then come back two days later. In this case we did job next day called her to put rest of stuff back. When calling to find out she cancelled her check. When we went back like normal two days later she wrote another check and asked toehold for a few days. Sounds like she nev had money on the account. Who cancels a check on a company like that. Oh by the way they moved nothing! All out customers move things. Not her. But that was fine we moved I all. Then put all back. Can't put some stuff back for two days was were just sealed. Guess she didn't understand that. Or was it cancelling a check to cover money in account? Love to make customers happy however some people just don't get it.

08/03/2013

Mary P.

Superb! Mike was here in a timely manner to assess our problem. He explained the problem and the solution. The job was scheduled and the crew arrived on time. All the heavy furniture was moved with care and attention. The work was completed in one day with little cleanup for us to do. I had Mike return to do additional work on another day and it was of the same excellent quality. Following the installation of the sump pump, this area experienced heavy rains and flooding. My next door neighbor had water all through her basement , laundry room and garage. I am happy to report my game room was as dry as the Sahara Desert! You know the ending to this story..... Mike is coming to fix her problem too after we gave such high praise for his service. I would definitely give Ark an A+ rating.

Description of Work
Installed sump pump and french drain.

07/02/2013

Kathy B.

I had bubbleing in the paint on my basement walls. I called and asked them to come out to look at things. Jim Perry, the owners brother, came to the house and said that I needed a french drain. I gave him a down payment and they came out and replaced the drain. There were marks left on the wall and I asked if they were going to fix them. I was told that they could fix the marks on the wall for an additional $300.00. I wrote a check for the $300.00 and they painted the wall in 10 minutes. He wanted a personal check that day, not one written to the company then asked me if I could hurry because he needed to make it to the bank before they closed. At that point the work was finished. They said that they would come out and clean out the drain, the drain has never come on since I had this done. They also unloaded the dirt from the digging they did onto the insulation on the exchange pipe for my air conditioner which cracked it open and cost me an additional $100.00 for repair with another company. I had to call out another company to look at things and was then told that i had a busted pipe and that since I live at the top of the hill and water does not run up hill I never needed the french drain. I feel as if I was taken advatage of so I went to the magistrate in my area and filed a complaint that cost me several hundreds of dollars. At this point I will not be getting but a very small percentage of my money back and have had to hire other service providers to get the problem fixed seeing as the inital job did nothing to solve the problem. I have had to send multiple certified letters to the owner of the company to collect on the money that i was awarded through the magistrate. At this point I am still waiting for the last $100.00 that is owed to me by this company. I have called multiple times leaving messages and Mike Perry has never returned my phone calls. 06/10/14 It has been almost 2 years since they sold me a French drain, which I ended up not needing, and it has never ever come on. The problem was a broken water faucet outside, so who’s telling the truth now?

Description of Work
I hired this company to install a french drain.

Category wells,drain pipe

[member name removed] Is lying about a few thoughts. Number one her job has been completed for over year and half not 2 months. She also has been at magistrate with us and complained she was over charges? She has been to every avenue complaining about anything calls office once per day. We have decided that she may have a senior problem we even refunded her some Monet for no reason. I wish I could help her more but at this point I think it is up to her family to help her. We strive on happy customers in fact we do over 225 basements a year and have all happy customers. We make sure if it however when customers lie and go to every measure to hurt your company we have no other way to help. She has never called with service to her system Juat always asking for money. Please angies help us !!!

05/18/2013

Carol N.

Mike Perry gave me an estimate for the work I requested. The price seemed fair, and Mike was very informative. I did not use this contractor because i decided not to have the inside drains installed.

Description of Work
I requested a bid from Ark Basement Services for inside drain and sump pump installation.

Category basement waterproofing,wells

05/15/2013

David B.

Work was completed quickly, but they installed a new sink that fell apart. Once they had my money, they stopped answering my calls and were unresponsive. Poor communication skills, poor follow up on customer concerns. Poor workmanship.

Description of Work
Installed French Drains and pump in basement with exterior drain pipe..

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

I contacted the customer. We moved offices and the old number from 2008 was on agreement so maybe thats why we didnt respond we have never got a call and his basement is dry. We installed a sink for the customer that he purchased as a favor. Jim Perry Jr. 724-351-2068

02/26/2013

Audrey D.

It was a very good experience. We were very pleased. We have had a few companies here and we chose Ark. We felt that they were going to do what we wanted to be done and they were going to do it pretty quickly. We made arrangements, they came right on the nose the day they said they were going to come.

Description of Work
We used the services of Ark Basement Services for basement waterproofing.

11/14/2012

Jacquelyn C.

We interview multiple vendors and ARK was the only vendor who addressed the problem of water coming in the basement from the walkway along the side of the house. They had to redo a previously installed french drain that was not only not done correctly but was never plugged in. The work was started and completed on time, they were very professional and a great bunch of guys.

Description of Work
Remove mold from basement walls, install a cement cover to the exterior to keep water from running into the basement, install a french drain, apply sikaflex, add grate drain.

11/08/2012

CARLA G.

The experience went well overall. The basement has stayed dry, but they were a little bit sloppy with their work.

Description of Work
They installed a French drain in the basement, along with a sump pump.

09/27/2012

Michael K.

I had a revision of previously installed french drains in my basement. No problems with the quality and the work was done promptly and on the date requested. I told Jim about a problem with a concrete patio slab which had been gradually sinking. They offered to take a look and felt they could fix it with no problems AND it would also be warranted in addition to the basement warranty. They performed the work, however, within two weeks the slab began to sink again. We have made several calls and left several messages but have not received a return call and no one has come to evaluate the problem. I have requested my money back for the patio repair if they are not willing to honor their warranty claim but have yet to receive a return call. I would not use them again and would not recommend.

Description of Work
Revision of previously installed internal french drains in basement. Replacement of sump pump. Elevation of subsided concrete patio slab.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

we installed an interior drain in his basement, we never did any work to his slab outside?? This must be a mistake we dried his basement and nothing else please call i have never recieved a service call for this customer

07/09/2012

Joanna C.

Over all, I'm very satisfied with the job and the goal of drying up my basedment has been met.

Description of Work
Internal and external french drains installed. The work team arrived early, started on time and finished on the second day early. There was a small issue with the job caulking not being complete and after calling they corrected it within 24 hours.

Category concrete repair,basement waterproofing

07/07/2012

Heather F.

They were good and they came on time. They did a good job. They were guys and my husband gave them a tip actually.

Description of Work
Ark Basement Services put in French drains.

Category drain pipe

04/16/2012

Eugene P.

After having a radon remediation system installed, I noticed that my concrete block walls were showing discoloration and dampness. Approximately 7 years ago I had a waterproofing company waterproof my basement by painting the walls and installing a french drain system with sump pump with a lifetime warranty. I called the company only to find that they were out of business. So much for the lifetime warranty! I shopped for a new waterproofer to redo the walls and check the system. After quotes from 3 local companies I chose ARK. They were not the cheapest but they offered the closest solution to the job I required. Another company wanted to install a type of humidifier to exhaust outside. I just had the radon system installed and didn't want two fans running simultaneously. Another company wanted to completely redo the draining system and pump with battery back up. Although it seemed like a great system I didn't want to get into the whole system thing all over again. ARK Basement Services offered the exact solution I wanted. We scheduled a date to have them into the house. I had a doctor appointment at 2 p.m. and wanted them to leave by that time and return in the morning (It was a two day job quote.) The quote included moving furniture ans shelving, waterproofing the walls, installing vents in the concrete blocks and replacing everything. I had the time to move everything myself so their time was shortened quite a bit. Actually, they finished everything by 2 p.m. including a clean out valve, additional french drain in garage, and new pump. There was one problem which they corrected promptly. Some of the paint had dripped off the still damp wall onto the floor. A quality control person checked it over and corrected all of my concerns very promptly. I am grateful for the service and quality. They also include a return each year to check everything. They are a family owned business with brothers, so I don't anticipate them going out of business. Thanks ARK.

Description of Work
Waterproofed walls. Added vents to block walls to facilitate drying, replaced sump pump and added additional french draining in garage.

10/19/2011

Steven A.

Worked with Jim. Very professional, very helpful. Worked with me on doing the job right while avoiding over-kill that several of the other contractors were pushing. Came to all appointments as scheduled, called when he was just a few minutes late once. Answered phone and returned calls promptly when he was unavailable. Crews came on time and worked hard through completion. Job went as Jim said and was done on time. I would highly recommend this company to everyone in need of basement waterproofing services.

Description of Work
Installed 80 ft interior french drain and submersible pump and tied it into outside rainwater system. Installed membrane between wall and fllor. Had to jack-hammer out existing concrete and re-concrete basement floor above drain system.