Waterproofing One

Pennsylvania: Home Improvement Contractors
11/26/2023

4093 Hollow Rd

Phoenixville, PA 19460

Family owned. Over thirty years in business. Free estimates, all work guaranteed. Waterproofing One, now proudly serving central and south New Jersey, provides basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and mold remediation to the Greater Philadelphia, PA, area, including Montgomery, Chester and Delaware counties. If you are concerned about maintaining the value of your property, then saving your foundation from the results of water damage is a must. Basement leaks can lead to a cracked foundation and the growth of unhealthy mold. Not only do we guarantee to have low prices, but all of our work is warranted. We are licensed, insured and certified for your protection, and accredited by the BBB. Call Waterproofing One today to schedule your free estimate! We are currently licensed for the Delaware and New Jersey area, please see below licensing information. Delaware Licensing Number- 17-92051-13-000 New Jersey Licensing Number-13vh09291700...

basement waterproofing (130)mold removal (41)well & water pump repair (29)drain pipe installation (28)foundation repair (16)basement remodeling (6)water damage restoration (2)glass block (1)drywall (4)interior painting (3)lead paint removal (1)floor cleaning (1)

03/28/2021

Michael M.

From the first contact they were very responsive, friendly, and professional. They came right in on the estimate price and got the job done quickly with top quality work. I will definitely hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Repair of retaining wall

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/20/2021

11/11/2020

Rhonda S.

Fast Estimate , had many estimates from other companies and Waterproofing One was the best price for Us , Joe was very confident and knowledgeable and gave Us good suggestions for our leaking basement, the crew that installed the French drain inside were great, install looks very professional. I figured we’d have a mess to clean up after the install understandably. But wow they did an incredible job cleaning up afterwards. Not a speck, they even spent time cleaning off the driveway and front lawn. We have been through one major rain storm since the install and not a drip of water. So far so good , we are getting an expected 3” in the next 24 hours and it’s a relief to know I don’t have to stress about rain storms anymore!

Description of Work
So Far Our French Drain Is Working !

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

10/01/2020

Benjamin S.

Great service, affordable, easy to deal with. Would use again should the need ever arise.

Description of Work
Had my basement waterproofed

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

09/01/2020

David M.

We had them install a new french drain in our basement in June of 2014. There were significant problems during the installation - shortcuts, outright lying, shoddy workmanship, etc. At the time we wanted noting more than to be done with them, thinking that at least we had a dry basement. Within 6 years, we had water in our basement. There was no way we were going to have them back, so we contacted other providers - every single one of which could not believe how poorly the initial work had been done. Each person who came out pointed out multiple errors/problems in the work done by Waterproofing One. One provider even knew who had done the work before asking me as they have done so much work cleaning up after Waterproofing One. Do not hire this company. You will be sorry.

Description of Work
Install French Drain

Work Completed On 06/01/2014

Mr [Member Name Removed] as far as I know we were never contacted by you for any issues with the work we have done at your house in the last six years that has passed. Its obvious to me that our competition is behind your review. You even say so in your review. I know which company it probably is. They have done it before and they will probably try to do it again, because they are our competitors in our area and they will try to undermine us any chance they get. You even state in your review that " one provider even knew who had done the work before asking me as they have done so much work cleaning up after Waterproofing One". In my opinion this is slander and I hope for their sake and your sake they can prove that they have done so much work cleaning up after Waterproofing One because I'm contacting my attorney about this. Its also kind of strange that you don't mention one thing in particular about what the problems were for the work that we did. Your review seems to focus on one thing and that is bad mouthing Waterproofing One with no reasons. As I have said I was not aware of any issues with the job in six years. Maybe you did contact us, but I was not made aware of any issues. I would be more than happy to come out and review the job and correct any issues with our original work. I'm very eager to find out about the "much work " this other company has done correcting Waterproofing One. Sincerely Joseph Soster , owner Waterproofing One

03/18/2020

Rich F.

They did a very nice job, were very neat considering the kind of work they had to do. The leader of the work group was very respectful and answered all my questions. Since I didn’t have all the money to pay them at once, they gave me two months to pay off the rest.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe,mold removal

Work Completed On 02/24/2020

03/11/2020

Brian H.

The crews run by Lorenzo and Chase did a great job. Very courteous and hard working and they cleaned the job up well before leaving each day.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 03/15/2020

02/12/2020

Eric S.

I would not say this was the best or worse experience I have had with a contractor. Mike came to my house and looked at the scope of work and gave me an approximate price of $4,300. When he emailed me the quote a week later it was $5,400. I called Mike about the discrepancy and he said we would split the difference which I was OK with but still not thrilled about how this started. When I originally called Waterproofing One the women asked me how I heard about them I told her I saw that they were a local (Phoenixville, PA) company and I liked that since many I had looked into were from other states and I wanted to keep my business local. Imagine my shock when 2 Men from a totally different company from Massachusetts show up to start work. The first day they showed up around 10:30 went to lunch around 12 for an hour and left at 2:30. Not very much was completed that day. A few days later they came back but said they would not put in the window well tap that Mike and I discussed and Mike recommended. When the men finished at around 8pm that night they asked me to write them a check to their company and then a separate check to Waterproofing One since they did not want to wait several weeks for Mike to pay them. Again that did not make me feel comfortable. The work was completed several weeks ago and of course, it has not rained for me to even see if it works. I would have thought the company would reach out to me by now to see if I was satisfied with the work but just an email to post this review.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Dear Mr [Member Name Removed] At the time we were very busy and we had a crew from Boston come down and help us catch up with the many jobs we had at the time. We have done jobs in Boston. I apologize for any inconvenience you endured. I have to ask though why are you writing this review now when the job was done back in August of 2019 ? I will call you personally to make sure the job was done to your satisfaction. Again, I'm sorry that it worked out that way, but I'm sure if there was an issue with the job you would have called us by now. If there are any issues we will send a service crew out right away. Sincerely, Joseph Soster

11/01/2019

Carmela D.

They had to come back a week later cause the wall was cracking again where they patched up theWall. But they fixed it.

Description of Work
Wall cracking in the back of house

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

09/30/2019

Joseph R.

Excellent all around experience!!!!!!!! After a series of storms and gradual water soaking our basement carpet several times, I finally called Waterproofing One in April, 2017 after seeing their ad several times on our St. Basil's church bulletin. I spoke initially with the owner-Joe who was helpful and he dispatched Dave Cook who came over within an hour. Dave Cook has been in this business and related utility engineering previously for over 30 years and really knows his stuff. Dave was extremely thorough, spending time in the basement, looking at some pictures I took of the damage and spent a considerable amount of time walking around the exterior of my property and reviewing the landscaping where most problems start. Dave wrote up a report of what work was needed including extending downspouts, recommending we have our contractor add a louvered door at the top of the steps for aeration (a great idea given no windows in basement) , waterproofing the well water closet walls, spraying impacted area for potential mold, and installing a new French drain and sump-pump system with battery backup. Gene and his crew then came over on May 17, 2018 and performed the construction and installation work and did a great job. Those guys worked extremely hard in what is inherently a muddy line of work and were very courteous, professional and left the basement very clean. Gene took extra time to show us exactly what they were doing as they drilled holes into the lower cinder block walls, laying of the perforated pipe and some of the damp mold on the wooded studs he extracted at the impacted area. We paid exactly what Dave originally quoted! Dave Cook came back checked on things and made some other recommendations including adding stones around the foundation outside and in holes to avoid soil erosion and soften the acceleration of rain water into the ground. Once the work was finished and our carpenter redid the walls and painting, We had subsequently refinished the basement with high end vapor/mold resistant padding from Mohawk and a quality polyester carpet. 15 months later and here we are on September 30, 2019 after 50+ rain storms since installation and NO WATER nor Mold issues in the basement!!! We are really enjoying our basement again thanks to WATERPROOFING ONE!!!! 5-STARS!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
French drainage and new sump-pump, waterproofing pain well closet.

Work Completed On 05/17/2018

Thank you for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

09/23/2019

Sara C S.

they did a super job - polite - helpful - job done right

Description of Work
waterproofing the cellar

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

Our services include: • Basement waterproofing • Mold inspection and remediation • Foundation repair • Sump pump installation • Drainage solutions • Flood and water damage restoration Not only do we guarantee to have low prices, but all of our work is warranted. We are licensed, insured and certified for your protection, and accredited by the BBB. Call Waterproofing One today to schedule your free estimate!

Emergency Water Clean Up