Columbia NW Heating & Cooling Inc

Oregon: Contractors
10/10/2022

52734 NE First St

Scappoose, OR 97056

At Columbia NW, heating and cooling systems are our business. Columbia NW Heating Inc. specializes in efficiently upgrading or repairing air conditioning, heating, gas furnaces, heat pump, ductless heat pumps, tankless water heaters, geothermal heat pumps, electric furnaces, air filtration systems, oil furnaces, gas fireplaces and inserts, and all systems related to the comfort of your home or office. Additional DBA - Columbia Northwest Inc. Additional contact names - Brian Sofich, James Hutton. Additional e-mail - brian@columbianw.com. Additional Address: PO Box 622 Scappoose, OR 97056....

4.2

HVAC Companies (78)air duct cleaning (9)water heaters (7)fireplace services (4)

03/17/2021

Instillation was really smooth and the guys were very professional. My furnace blower motor was faulty but the company was able to work with me to replace it.

Description of Work
Installed a new furnace, water heater and ac

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

Thank you for the feedback - we have reached out as we think we can can assist with the situation - while warranties are specific, it is always hard being just a few months over the 1 yr warranty and we would like to help. Let us know.

12/29/2020

Dave from Columbia came to my place in Portland from Scappoose on a same-day appt, for what I thought was a dead furnace. (I had tons of smoke flow into the home after furnace turned on.) Rather than just presuming the furnace was dead or even the problem, Dave poked around. He discovered the smoke was from the fireplace/chimey and the furnace turning on had pulled air from the chimney, reignited ...

Description of Work
Furnace workI thought, but it was really fireplace. No charge for diagnoses and call.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,fireplaces

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

08/11/2020

I had mentioned in my request for service, that the system is running slow, not cold enough, and that I knew what the problems were causing the issues. Columbia Northwest contacted me telling me they wanted $125 to even come out, which is ridiculously high, and that they would determine what was wrong with the system at that time. Since I already know what is wrong with the system, I did not appre...

Description of Work
Central air running slow, for obvious reasons.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We have reached out in a message and are willing to talk through the overall experience to see if we can do things better and of course to help the situation in any way we can.

06/16/2020

The service was good, it was good, we had small issues but they came and fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Replaced a gas funnel

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

Thank you for your business. We appreciate you!

08/15/2019

I loved being able to see when the tech was going to be out due to the cool link that was provided to be prior to the visit. As a mom of two boys I’m super busy and see when he was going to show was awesome. They guys are always knowledgeable about their products and have great customer service.

Description of Work
We had our ac repaired!

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Thank you for your feedback. We have gotten very positive response to our technician tracking tool that let's you see when they are on their way. Thank you for your business!

08/14/2019

It went extremely well. Punctuality was perfect. Paying attention to details was perfect. Knowledge and professionalism were perfect. The price was competitive. We interviewed 5 different providers. Ultimately, Columbia seemed to stand out best. We tried it, and we were quite happy with the choice. The service cost was for two independent air conditioner systems ( we have a large, long house), and...

Description of Work
Install a new furnace. Install a new air-conditioning system

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

Thank you for the kind words and for letting us help you with your HVAC project!

08/08/2019

I shopped at three places and they were tied for the lowest bid. Since they were the more responsive, I went with them. They were super fast and finished below the projected estimate. Also the installer was clean and friendly. I will use again! Matt

Description of Work
They replaced my A/C unit

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the feedback around your recent AC installation. We appreciate your business!

05/30/2019

Our fireplace fan is 19 years old so I wanted a quote for a new, quieter fan. Had to pay $109.95 just for them to come out and take a look. Matthew was here for 15 minutes, he cleaned a spot on the fan, I’m assuming to get a part number or brand of fan. He mentioned that there was a dead mouse under there (not unusual with my cats sometimes). I paid him, he left and within a couple of days I recei...

Description of Work
Wanted gas fireplace fan checked

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

We apologize for the experience. It is not our intent to create problems for our customers. We did respond via email to further evaluate the situation and ask you contact us for resolution. At that point we would have either discounted the tune up, or just credited the diagnostic charge since it seems the technician mistakenly did not reconnect the fan. Please reach out if there is anything we can...

03/21/2019

They showed up on time. Did the job. After all was done I was very impressed with the final product. Alex was my installer and he was very nice and knowledgable. He explained it all. Even the the sale guy Dan was awesome. Would recommend this company to friends.

Description of Work
Air handler/Heat Pump replacement

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

Thank you for your kind words, and for your business!

12/10/2018

I called Columbia NW Heating & Cooling on Monday morning, and spoke with Blake. By 2pm that same day, Dave was at my home with a quote for my new furnace. I spoke with Andrea who schedules installation and by Saturday I had a new furnace installed by Ivan. I'm telling you I have never been happier with a company regarding efficiency and their friendliness & professionalism. I would recommend them ...

Description of Work
Furnace needed to be replaced

Cost $3,308.08

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

Super! Thank you for the business and your kind words!

Heating & Air Conditioning Installation, Maintenance, Service, & Tune-Up. Air Duct Cleaning. Heating & Air Conditioning Equipment Repair & Replacement. Humidifiers. Filters. Gas Stove & Gas Fireplace Tune-Up & Replacement. Heat Pumps. Dryer Vent Cleaning.

Wood Burning Stoves. Fireplaces.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover