Specktacular Home Remodeling

Founded 1992 • With Angi since February 2009

General Remodeling

Specktacular Home Remodeling is based on our solid commitment to professionalism coupled with extensive experience in planning, design and remodeling. We started our company in 1992. Both Mitch and Debbie Speck maintain national certifications in remodeling and both of our daughters are now part of our business as well. We are licensed lead based paint renovators (LBPR82147) and we have a certified asbestos inspector on staff. Oregon CCB License #:82147. Speck Inc DBA: Speck Enterprises and Specktacular Home Remodeling. Additional Phone Number: 503-668-0710....

All-Level Construction LLC

Specializing in ROOFING, GENERAL REMODELING, TILE FLOORING, KITHCHEN AND BATH REMODELS! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today! WE HAVE OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE!

Creative Tile and Remodel LLC

Creative Tile & Remodel, LLC. (CTR) is a father and son business that has been proudly serving the general contracting needs of the Portland and greater metropolitan vicinity since 2003. We offer comprehensive remodeling services ranging from creative tile design to full kitchen and bathroom remodels with a focused emphasis on quality craftsmanship, details and timeliness.

Offers by Creative Tile and Remodel LLC on Angi
HARDLINE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION INC

Quality and commitment from our family to yours… Hardline has been remodeling homes in Portland, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington, for 26 years in home, kitchen, and bath design, construction, and remodeling. Hardline is a local family friendly business. Complimentary estimates. Veteran owned and operated business. At Hardline an experienced designer and construction contractor can work with you to transform any space into one that will best fit your needs.

02/06/2018

Thomas B.

This is our second time working with Specktacular Home Remodeling and we couldn't be happier! We hired them to come in and replace our homes original, aluminum windows from the 1980s and we are thrilled with the results. The interior and exterior finishes really change the look and feel of our home and the windows are great! We really enjoy not having to deal with drafts during the winter. The Specktacular crew is always just that, Specktacular. They are punctual, respectful, CLEAN, and do great work. Plus they are wonderful with our pets! They always say 'hi' to our dogs and make sure our indoor cat stays inside. We can't wait to use Specktacular Home Remodeling on future projects. They are the ONLY company we call and recommend to our friends. And there is a reason for that.. You just can't get anyone better.

Description of Work
Replaced original, aluminum windows from the 1980s.

Category remodeling

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your kind review. We will be here when you are ready to complete your next project! Mitch Speck

10/04/2017

Debbie S.

Scheduled the estimate and was told both the owner and the daughter would come out for the estimate. Only the daughter showed up, which was fine. She looked at both bathrooms, measured and discussed what she would be estimating for me. Sounded good. After 2 weeks I hadn't heard back from anyone so I contacted them to see if my estimate was still in progress. The owner called and said he was sorry but his daughter was at a conference and hadn't gotten to it. He had the daughter call me and she said she'd have it to me by the end of the week. Never heard another word from anyone. I didn't bother calling again because if I have to call twice for an estimate I figure the work wouldn't be done for a year! Very disappointed in this company and wouldn't recommend using.

Description of Work
Requested an estimate for 2 very small bathrooms to be updated. New vanities, tub/shower, cabinets. Didn't need toilets or sinks.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], I would like to apologize for disappointing you. We understand the need and importance to successfully communicate with all we come into contact. I take your comments very seriously. Both Katie and I have read through your review. Hopefully this will help both you and other Angie's List members better understand what transpired. Katie handles a large portion of our sales and estimating. I appreciate your understanding of my absence from that initial meeting. While I enjoy interacting with all our clients, I simply cannot be in all places all the time. Back in July, when you called me to inquire about the progress of your budget estimate, I asked Katie to call you and make arrangements to complete it. I'm glad that Katie followed through and called you. She understood that you were anxious to have a budget to look at and she honored your request to send it via email, instead of a face-to-face appointment, by the end of that week. I checked our email server and your budget estimate was emailed to you, that very week, on Thursday, July 20th. I did not see any evidence of it bouncing back. Normally, our preference is to meet with our clients in person to review budgets and proposals, not because of the potential for emails to get lost in cyberspace, but for the fact that it is important to have that immediate, face to face interaction to address questions and concerns. This situation, and your anger with us, has further solidified that face to face interaction will remain our preferred method. I apologize that we did not follow up with you two months ago after we emailed you our budget estimate. Quite honestly, we assumed that our budget estimate exceeded your desired investment amount. Neither Katie or I try to be a pest during the sales process; however, we will be making a better effort to follow up moving forward with others. Thank you [Member Name Removed] for bringing this to my attention. Having 18 perfect "A" grades on Angie's List and then receiving your "F" is a huge disappointment to us, but obviously to you as well. For over 25 years, I have tried to make the remodeling experience enjoyable. We have learned from this and future clients will benefit from your review. I wish you all the best with your project. Kind regards, Mitch Speck

04/14/2017

Tom M.

Great. The shower and floor came out beautiful. Everything was done in the time estimated and I was keep in the loop the whole way through.

Description of Work
Shower and bathroom floor replaced.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your review and we look forward to our next opportunity to be of service. :-) Mitch Speck, MCR, CKBR, UDCP

01/08/2017

Richard T.

The work and craftsmanship was awesome. Mitch and Katie went above and beyond to keep us ahead of schedule. Their ability to solve problems as they came up saved us a lot of time and money. Specktacular has a great team of sub contractors that show up and get done when they are supposed too.

Description of Work
Specktacular remodeled our 1000ft2 basement to make it an ADA apartment for our inlaws. The project involved gutting a bathroom, widening all the doors, putting in a laundry room and installing new flooring.

Category contractors,remodeling,home remodeling

11/02/2016

John G.

I was so pleased with the work that Mitch and his team did for my home. They completely redid my entire kitchen. They took me shopping and kept me in the loop about everything. I came out with a beautiful modern kitchen. Its so cool to see the final picture on their website still today. They removed a wall and opened up the space giving me an island kitchen which I have always wanted. They installed all new cabinets, appliances, flooring and railing on my stairs. Beyond the beautiful kitchen they left me with I also felt like I made some good friends. That was proven just a few months ago when I was desperate for a decking contractor and I called them for a reference and they stepped up and did the job for me. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants an excellent return on their investment.

Description of Work
A complete kitchen remodel that turned into a remodel of stairs and flooring in other rooms.

11/02/2016

Karey G.

They were very quick and efficient, not to mention it looks fabulous. I called them in a panic when I discovered my deck was rotten and I was about to host a party for 50+ people. We had used them in the past to completely remodel our kitchen and knew they were good people and would be able to suggest someone that could do decking. I was so relieved when he said he could do it. He also told me to stay off and away from it because he was worried about my safety. I know they were really busy but he treated me like family and found the time to fit me in before the party.

Description of Work
They replaced the header beam and upright supports to my deck.

10/31/2016

Kendra P.

Working with Specktacular Home Remodeling was a wonderful experience. We had never undertaken a remodel and this was a large scale project, so we were initially nervous. Mitch and his team supported us through the whole process. They listened carefully, explained options thoroughly, made design changes when we asked and worked to meet our needs at every step of the way. I enjoyed the process of working with designers before the project began to decide on layout, materials and design elements. The design professionals were very helpful in providing me with choices that matched my vision for the design. They found materials and options that I didn't know existed and yet were just perfect for our needs. Mitch was an excellent contractor and an absolute pleasure to work with. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, organized and communicative. I was impressed by how well he and his crew stayed on top of the project timeline. After hearing so many stories about remodels dragging on for months, I was impressed when Mitch finished the majority of the project ahead of schedule! Work was completed to very high standards of quality and perfection. Every detail was attended to with care. Mitch and his crew were always friendly to work with, professional in their interactions and clearly experienced in their craft. Every night I would come home to a spotlessly clean work space, which is quite a feat when your kitchen has been gutted! I always trusted that our home was in good hands with Mitch and his crew. The finished remodel is just Specktacular and has made our home beautiful. I highly recommend Specktacular Home Remodeling to anyone undergoing a remodel.

Description of Work
Specktacular Home Remodeling completed a beautiful remodel of our kitchen and both bathrooms. This was a complete remodel; it involved moving walls, new flooring, cabinetry, counters, plumbing, electrical, window installation and drywall.

10/31/2016

Trevor H.

Specktacular Home Remodeling has consistently provided exceptional quality work. We first used them for a full kitchen remodel five years ago. The quality of that work, along with their professionalism and courtesy throughout the process, led to our continuing to use them for numerous subsequent projects. Most recently, they completed a full master bath remodel last summer. We couldn't be happier with their work and look forward to continuing to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Specktacular Home Remodeling has performed several home improvement and remodeling projects for us over the past five years, including a full kitchen and master bath remodel.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

10/30/2016

Amy P.

Mitch and his team did an awesome job from the very beginning. Not only was the scope of working adjusted along the way but every aspect of his and his teams work was very professional and on par with how we imagined our home in the end. Mitch communicated with us as much as possible to let us know of any surprises, ideas he had of what might work better, and how the overall project was progressing. We appreciated all the hard work done to complete our project. We never felt pressured to do one thing over another and we were always kept up-to-date on our costs. Thank you to Mitch and his team of trustworthy employees who made our cabin dreams come true. We loved every step of the way and have no complaints. We are already talking about our next project with Specktacular Home Remodeling.

Description of Work
Completely remodeled our kitchen, master bathroom, living area, and added a new room.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your kind words. We enjoyed transforming your home to a design and function that makes sense and fits your family's needs. I am looking forward to hearing about trips to the mountain with your family and working again with you in the near future. Thank you again for placing your trust in us!

10/30/2016

Kai H.

Specktacular Remodeling was, in a word, spectacular! Efficient, professional and punctual staff. The Specktacular crew were sensitive to my needs and preferences. They arranged their work schedule based when I would like them to start each day and met that time. They seem to enjoy to what they do because they are always smiling. They strived to cause as little disruption to my daily routine as possible; minimizing noise and mess. In fact, they cleaned my house, inside and out, to a respectable degree before they left each day. They even asked if there was something I would like them to do. The Specktacular crew asked for my preferences when necessary: positioning of the new light fixture, height of the lamps, color of stain, height of thermostats, blending of the tiles. These people want their work to be perfect and there is seemingly nothing they won't do! I cannot recommend Mitch Speck and his staff more highly.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen sink, & faucet, Removed existing wine rack and replace with shelves. Removed wall heaters (2), repaired drywall, installed gas fireplace, replaced ceiling fan, light fixtures (3), wired new light in bathroom, installed electrical wiring to sheds (2) and green house, built greenhouse, removed French doors and windows (2) and replaced with new windows and sill, removed old tile flooring and installed radiant heat and new tile throughout first floor, installed new baseboards, tiled hearth, installed and stained wood trim.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

I am glad that we were able to work with you and help give your home a fresh and updated look. As you know, I am jealous of the wood plank, heated tile flooring that we installed downstairs. Our team and trade contractors enjoyed their time at your home and we are looking forward to our next opportunity to be of service.

Remodeling- General, Kitchen & Bathroom.