Columbia Heating & Cooling Inc

Founded 1981 • With Angi since July 2005

Additional address - PO Box 230397 Portland, OR 97281....

PDX Appliance

Call Today 503-853-5784 My name is Ryan Sickles. Throughout my life I have been exposed to the appliance industry. My father has been working in the field for 50 years now and has personally trained me since I was young. I remember cleaning parts from torn up dryers that he was refurbishing since before I was 12. I entered the field when I was 19 beginning my apprenticeship. Being in and out of the field for the last 10 years, taking breaks to further my education in surrounding industries such as construction. I began PDX in 2016 while still under the umbrella of my fathers company as I familiarized my self further with rapidly changing industry. Through my lifetime of being in the appliance industry I have been able to secure a foundation of solid understanding with the old mechanical elements in appliances and also supplement that foundation with an in depth comprehension of the new age (mainly electronic) required understanding that is needed for appliance repair in this day and age.

Earthwise Heating & Cooling

Locally owned and operated. Over forty years of combined experience in the heating & cooling and home construction business. Our goal is to provide solutions to your comfort needs.

Comfort Solutions Heating & Cooling Inc

We are still accepting all service call requests for any HVAC needs. We can service your home with minimal physical contact! Our safety measures have increased dramatically as recommended by the CDC due to the COVID virus. And will use every measure possible to keep you, your family and our employees safe! Our extremely knowledgeable staff can install, service, and maintain your home heating and cooling system backed with a premium lifetime workmanship guarantee that is almost exclusive to Comfort Solutions. We can also provide up to a Carrier 10 years parts and labor warranties. Comfort Solutions also installs and services traditional gas furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, and ductless heat pumps by all manufacturers. Our dedication to "Simply Outstanding Service" has taught us, and our most satisfied customers, that a E.P.A. (Equipment Protection Agreement) is the most effective and efficient method of keeping your home comfort system running smoothly...longer. Call us today for more information on a E.P.A.

Offers by Comfort Solutions Heating & Cooling Inc on Angi

08/25/2020

They service was excellent. Everything was excellent.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace and heat pump.

02/28/2019

Marlena came out to give us a bid. She was punctual, knowledgeable, professional and responsive. We decided to go with another company because our HOA is very particular and the other company had prior experiences working with them.

Description of Work
Install ductless heat pump and water heater

01/15/2019

I was referred to Columbia Heating and Cooling through NW Natural. My furnace randomly stopped working (later found out it was because of a squirrel...) during some of the coldest nights we've had so far this winter. The tech showed up ahead of the scheduled time and was able to fix my furnace within 30 minutes. No complaints, and glad to have heat again.

Description of Work
Fix Furnace

08/30/2017

They installed a furnace last year and an AC tune-up this year. It worked out well.

Description of Work
AC Tune-up

08/30/2017

Fast, efficient service. This Co. has worked on my furnace/AC for years. Only co. I have used. I was given a choice of 3 models, from $250 - $475, and opted for the most expensive, as that is the model being replaced. Thought (KNEW) the price was TOO high, but needed to get my system back on line in the current heat wave, and was desperate. My fault (caveat emptor) for not checking cost BEFORE the...

Description of Work
Replaced Honeywell Thermostat, per my request. Faulty.

07/29/2017

Columbia Heating and Cooling were by far the most knowledgeable and professional company I had an estimate from. The owner, the service techs, and the guys who do the installation were all nice people and easy to work with -- they were careful and thorough, and happy to answer all my questions and problem-solve with me about optimizing our HVAC system. We live in an older house, and they improved ...

Description of Work
New HVAC, new water heater, duct insulation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

04/25/2017

They really didn't do anything. They came out and tried to fix it, it didn't do what it had been doing, so they didn't change anything. They couldn't get it to replicate what it was doing when they were not here, but they charged for the service call.

Description of Work
They came out for the gas fireplace.The gas fireplace wasn't working properly.

Category fireplaces

04/10/2017

Repair tech, Jim, arrived earlier than scheduled, after notifying of early arrival by email. He diagnosed defective thermocouple minutes after arrival. Replacement was anticipated so necessary replacement thermocouple was on hand. Pilot light back on and water heater operational shortly thereafter. Less than 30 minutes after arrival, repair was complete. E Z Peezy!

Description of Work
Water heater pilot light inoperable. Therefore, no hot water in the house.

Category water heater repair

02/27/2017

It went well. They were al very professional and polite and easy to communicate with. They offered a good price and helped us get funding. We checked other places and it was about the same. They did all the work in 4 days. They picked up and left no mess. The heating system works great so far. I love it.

Description of Work
Mini split ductless heat pump installed, tankless water heater install and old furnace /water heater removed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

01/27/2017

They don't give us robot calls nights and days so that's good. I don't think we've called them for any emergency needs. It's a three year contract for twice a year service. My wife prefers that the reminder phone calls be used and not have rather vague internet messages that we're not sure how to interpret.

Description of Work
We have used Columbia Heating & Cooling. They do periodic maintenance on the central heating and air.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Heat pumps, furnaces, air conditioners, ductless systems, air filtration, thermostats, on demand tankless water heaters, tank water heaters installation, maintenance & repair.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available