Anctil Heating and Cooling

Founded 1976 • With Angi since July 2005

2150 N Lewis Ave

Portland, OR 97227

Family owned & operated. Additional email - service@anctilhvac.com, install@anctilhvac.com, brian@anctilhvac.com Additional DBAs - Anctil Sheet Metal Co, Anctil Heating & Cooling Service....

06/17/2022

Derek L.

He had the tech out in the fall last year (which they recommended). Nothing was wrong beforehand. Tech found nothing wrong with the unit. Started using it this summer and the unit started freezing over and not cooling the house (for the first time in 7 years). Left VM for the Service manager. Got a call back saying they wont back up their work and asked if I wanted him to send someone out. Are you kidding me? I said "You dont back up your work and you think I'm going to use Anctil AGAIN?" So he hung up on me. Thats the customer service you get from these guys. Fool me once man.... DO NOT HIRE

Description of Work
A/C Standard Maintenance

Category appliance repair

05/12/2022

Sally D.

They were prompt and gave honest, reliable service. The pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
Hvac inspection

03/14/2022

Jordan B.

Chris was right on time, listened to my long winded description as to what was happening. It turned out to be an old air filter and very dirty. He did not make me feel stupid, and in fact, empowered me by telling me how to change it, and the proper upkeep I should maintain. I had a few questions about my thermostat and he spent the time to answer and educate me further in installing a new smart thermostat. I was relieved, inspired, and so grateful for his swift and extremely friendly help. Absolutely hire this company. They stand by their work and their service providers. Even the gentleman who scheduled my appointment (only 3 days ago!) was super nice and helpful.

Description of Work
Vents in house were producing dust/smoke

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

11/18/2020

Dave & Laura H.

Don’t use Anctil Heating & Cooling HVAC contractor of Portland, Oregon. We used Anctil Heating & Cooling HVAC contractor of Portland, Oregon to install an I-Wave-R purifier device on our Lennox furnace. Anctil sent a Technician who admitted he had no training on installing this device. Within four months of the I-Wave R install, our furnace started acting weird. We did the usual of swapping out the filter and still no change. We then called Garoken Energy Co. of Beaverton, our original Furnace installer. Within hours, the Garoken Technician identified the problem that the Anctil Technician overlooked. The instructions were outlined in the simple I-Wave install manual: “Always add a wire nut to the wires not being used (red or black) depending on voltage input”. These wires did not have a wire nut and were Arching randomly and caused the Furnace to malfunction. This cost us $180 to fix and Anctil Heating & Cooling HVAC contractor of Portland, Oregon refuses to reimburse and basically insulted us “how legit this can be” even though we provided the work order from Garoken that included the Tech Name and Number, I-Wave install PDF and Clear instructions for Wire nut use. Basically, if Anctil screws it up they take no responsibility to make it right. BTW, Garoken has been great to work with.

Description of Work
I-Wave R install

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

It seems there may have been a misunderstanding here. We exchanged e-mails with you indicating that we would be refunding you for the other company's service call. Receipt of that message was confirmed and you had indicated that you were satisfied with this outcome. We in no way intended to insult you, and while we would have loved the opportunity to have corrected any issues for you ourselves and believe the issue may have been misdiagnosed as the error code that was indicated does not coincide with their solution, we wanted to make this right with you and agreed to reimburse you for your trouble. - Anctil Heating and Cooling

06/26/2019

Betty R.

I had a 7:30am appointment on June 13 to have my a/c tune-up. At 7:45am I had a call from a woman at Anctil to tell me that my service person had a called in sick and asked me to reschedule. I tried to explain that I needed to schedule a half day vacation from my work before I could tell her what day would be ok but she kept cutting across me, talking a mile a minute. I could not get in a word edgewise. I also tried to tell her that, if Anctil had called me earlier, I would have been able to call in to my work and asked them if it would be ok for me to postpone my vacation day. But I couldn't get in a word edgewise! Finally, I was able to get across that I needed to call back to schedule another time and asked her for some possible options. I have used Anctil in the past for repairs and tune-ups to both my a/c and heater. I have found their service/repair men to be exceptional. They are polite, knowledgeable and get the job done correctly. I used to alternate between Anctil and another company but finally decided a couple of years ago to use only Anctil because their service/repair guys are exceptional. And I have NEVER had a rude person on the phone before. I have not called them back to reschedule even though I have a contract and am considering going back to the other company.

Description of Work
I had a 7:30am appointment on June 13 to have my a/c tune-up. I have a maintenance contract with Anctil.

07/30/2018

Edwin Y.

Jeff was nice before the job, but rude and unresponsive after money was paid. Got him on the fourth call with a follow up question and was told “I told you...”. Two faces.

Description of Work
Coolant leak

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We sent a tech out for this service call, found the system low on refrigerant, and discovered a leak in the evaporator coil. Our tech added refrigerant and our service manager contacted Lennox about the warranty on the coil. He was informed that they would not cover replacement of the coil by our company as we are not an authorized Lennox dealer (as we are authorized with Carrier and Mitsubishi). We billed the customer for the dispatch fee and the refrigerant charge, let them know about the call to Lennox, and gave them a quote for us to replace the evaporator coil. The customer called again a few days later and we explained the situation again. We apologize that we were unable to replace the coil under warranty, and for any confusion in the communication with our service manager.

01/30/2018

Catherine H.

Wanted to replace older gas furnace and 4 ton AC unit. Estimator Eric was very knowledgeable and helpful. We went over all options. Determined we would go with high efficiency furnace and could downsize to 3 ton AC unit. I wanted low noise compressor since unit is next to outdoor deck. Went with high end Carrier most quiet model he recommended. Installers did great job. Very happy with system, especially the very low noise AC unit.

Description of Work
New gas furnace & 3 ton AC unit

01/12/2018

Jan M.

Called several times to schedule an appointment for furnace service. After several phone tag issues, Anctil quite returning the calls. Ended up calling a different Heating Company. Sorry that they did not want our business. We had used Anctil before and had found them to be reasonable and helpful.

Description of Work
Wanted annual service for gas furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We do show record of playing a bit of phone tag with you. After a few rounds of missing one another, our service manager made several attempts to reach you at the number provided, but the line was busy and we were unable to get through or leave a message. We certainly apologize for the difficulty connecting with one another, and are very sorry we were unable to reach you or leave a message. We hope you'll reconsider and will reach out to us again. - Anctil Heating and Cooling

10/06/2017

Michael H.

Having worked with multiple HVAC companies over the past 30 years. These are one of the few people that actually act and perform like they know what they are doing. Most of the other companies say they know what they are doing but then fail to follow through.

Description of Work
General service, air conditioning repair.

09/02/2017

Charles F M.

They were the original installers. They did the work that needed to be done.

Description of Work
They serviced the air conditioner.

Better Air Northwest

Better Air Northwest has been proudly serving the greater Portland and Vancouver areas since 2009. We provide air duct cleaning services for industrial, commercial and residential heating, cooling and other air duct systems. We also provide respirable dust testing, dryer vent cleaning and anti-microbial sanitation services. We are a family owned and operated business with a focus on quality service and customer satisfaction. Our professional technicians are friendly and knowledgeable. This is the finest air duct cleaning service on the planet!

Climate Control Heating & AC

Climate Control provides high quality residential and commercial heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality systems, repairs as well as scheduled maintenance services. These systems include the client’s homes and businesses. Climate Control, established in 1989, focuses in the add-on, replacement and HVAC service business in both the residential and commercial marketplace. The company grew out of a vision of the owners to focus on the service and add-on replacement business. The founder’s previous HVAC service experience was commercial only but saw an opportunity in the residential add-on, replacement and service business that was under served. By focusing on long term relationships through planned maintenance and providing high quality HVAC repair and service, the company established a loyal client base. With a specific focus, the company can achieve consistently higher standards to benefit the client.

Offers by Climate Control Heating & AC on Angi
    Eager Beaver Duct Cleaning

Residential and Commercial Air Duct cleaning serving the Portland Metro area since 2004. Licensed, bonded & insured. Owner Kristen Currie has a great team of knowledgeable technicians to service your ducts and improve the air quality in your home or office. Free Quotes available. Angie's List members will receive a discount. We aim for 100% customer satisfaction.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

Residential and commercial repair, maintenance and installation of air quality, controls, thermostats, air conditioners, heat pumps, geothermal, furnaces, duct free split, evaporator and fan coils & packaged products.