Comfort Connection

Founded 1998 • With Angi since October 2006

Call me directly at 503-761-8888. No Mileage Fees for Angie's List Members! Licensed since 1998 (CCB#209520). I am a small, locally owned, company and my low overhead allows me to keep my prices very reasonable, while at the same time, offering an excellent quality of work. I serve the entire

HVAC Companies (539)water heaters (12)chimney cap repair (3)

11/16/2022

Chris P.

About 10 days ago a different company came to service me old oil furnace. They told me they would no longer be about to service my oil furnace after this time since as a company they were no longer offering the service. They then proceeded to tell me I needed new furnace and repairing it was not worth it. 24 hours later or stopped working and they provided a $25,000 replacement quote. I decided to get additional quotes and Steven from Confort Connections sold me with his amazing price (more than half the price) and personality. He moved things around to start on my project going since I no longer had heat! His crew was amazing and got things done quickly and efficiently! They also were able to let me use my Google Nest bey calling Google to program it with the new system. This may not seem like a big deal, but it was a little thing showing they cared. That other company said they weren't willing to do that! Comfort Connections went above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of! And best of all, I have central air now!

Description of Work
Oil furnace replacement with heat pump and ac

10/12/2022

JENNIFER R.

It went GREAT from start to finish! The owner Steven is very available to personally answer any questions and put your mind at ease. He is a caring and conscientious communicator and made sure our needs were fully met every step of the way. The technician that was sent was every bit as impressive as the owner himself! Austin was quick to identify and rectify the buzzing noise and was very kind, careful and thorough. He wore a mask and removed his shoes which we really appreciated and he explained everything he did in a very easy to understand manner. He definitely displayed excellence in his field and we were very thankful to have met him. This company ... 10/10... absolutely.

Description of Work
Tune up and mysterious buzzing noise attended to

Work Completed On 10/12/2022

11/05/2021

Erick S.

Conatacted him and we discussed time to come out and do job. Took time off work after confirming appointment and never showed or replied. Horrible and very unprofessional. Would never recommend him to anybody as he seems to like to waste all parties involved time. Very disappointed in this company.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

10/11/2021

Marina S.

Comfort Connection was able to replace our furnace on the next day and gave us a fair price! I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Furnace replacement

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

07/06/2021

Katherine W.

This company was great! On the eve of the hottest day in Portland history, my A/C went out. The owner Steve was so responsive and helpful when I called. Joe came out and fixed my A/C right up - fast, friendly, efficient service. Definitely will use this company again.

Description of Work
emergency A/C repair

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

06/21/2021

Harth H.

Steven set us up with a same-day appt after the one we had booked cancelled on us. Joe was here promptly and quickly diagnosed and repaired the issue, with parts on hand. He walked us through it step by step and even showed us the problem - very nice guy to work with. When that was done, he had the time to also provide an annual service and told us more about how to keep our old unit functioning well. This is now our go-to HVAC place.

Description of Work
Heat pump repair

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

06/16/2021

Thomas F.

Very well! The job was to replace my very old and failing Air Conditioner and Furnace with a new system. The process started when I called Steven Conner of Comfort Connection for an estimate, and we talked about the basics of what I needed done. We also talked about some of the options that were available and what I might want. Steven made himself very available over the phone as I had questions, once even over the weekend. Once I had a rough idea of what I was interested in, he came out for a written estimate. Since we had talked on the phone beforehand, this process went pretty quickly and he soon had the written estimate to me via email. Later, I decided to make a change to the original estimate, so he worked with me via phone and had the modified estimate out to me shortly. I will also mention that Steven worked with me on the system price and modifications that I wanted, and the price came out very reasonable. I have to say that I was lucky, as his crew was doing an installation in the area very shortly after I sent back the approved estimate and Steven called me to see if it was a good time to do my installation also. Things went in pretty quickly, although his crew ran into some issues with the base of the old furnace, since the garage concrete had apparently been poured after the original furnace was installed. However, his crew worked around this issue, installed the furnace, the line set, and readied the A/C unit for installation. Since furnace installation took longer than expected due to the garage concrete issue, they needed to come back the next day to complete the A/C installation. The crew tested the Furnace before they left and the furnace worked well and looked good (very professional), in case I needed it overnight. The next morning, the crew came back to vacuum the lines and finish the A/C installation. That went pretty quickly. Everything was up and running by midday. After completion, everything is working very well, and the modifications that I wanted are also installed and working. I like to sleep in a lower temperature, and the new system brings the house down to that temperature with no problem! Everything looks very professional and much better than the old system. The area was also left very clean, even better than when they started. It was a pleasure to work with Steven and his crew and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace old Central A/C and Furnace (HVAC)

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

12/27/2020

Andrea W.

We had a great experience with Comfort Connection. Our furnace stopped working two days before the Christmas holiday. I called and talked directly with he owner. He managed to get someone to our house that afternoon. The technician quickly diagnosed the issue (failed condensation pump), and replaced the unit. Everyone was professional and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Work Completed On 12/23/2020

10/28/2020

Tracie N.

Steve and his team were efficient, honest and went out of their way to do what was best for us! I would hands down recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/19/2020

Jim L.

Very well indeed. Steve was very professional and knowledgeable, and made sure he gave us all the options available and pertinent pricing. From coming out to give us a quote, to final installment, was less than a week. Absolutely would use him again, and recommend him with confidence/

Description of Work
Install new furnace

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/09/2020

Miranda A.

it went very well, the service was excellent, clear, & progfesssional

Description of Work
hvac cleaning & maintaining, yearly

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

10/08/2020

Angela P.

Steve was great and came up with a really creative solution that other companies we contacted failed to think of or offer us. Rather than connecting the A/C to the furnace, which would overcool the downstairs and leave the upstairs too warm, they installed a separate unit into our attic with most vents upstairs and extended a couple vents downstairs, which has ended up cooling impressively evenly throughout the house - it's been lovely. Only reason for the B grade is that I've tried to contact him for further work after that at my business but he has several times not gotten back to me, then we finally set up a visit to evaluate for a job and he never showed up - no call, no show, no contact. Frustrating. But his work was great and he's a nice guy. I would hire him again if he'd show up.

Description of Work
A/C unit installation

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

08/18/2020

Daniel A.

CC did an outstanding job. Steven Conner and his crew are really experienced, flexible, and responsive. Co-ordinating with the City, the gas company, asbestos abatement, and inspection was streamlined. The equipment they recommended performs exactly as they promised, and their bid was the lowest of 5 I received. Can't do better than that!

Description of Work
Dismantle and remove old furnace, install new one.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

07/18/2020

Corbet C.

We really wanted a quiet AC unit, and owner Steven Connor convinced us to go with a high end multi-stage unit that we're really pleased with so far. Even so, his bid wasn't much more than the other bids we got. The two man crew who did the work were fast and efficient and left everything neat and tidy. And they really respected Covid-19 protocols. I really recommend this small company.

Description of Work
New furnace and AC

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

06/25/2019

Patty P.

We were given a very fair estimate, the work was done the following week & we are extremely pleased with our COOL home. Salesman does not try to up sell & recommends the product that will work best for your home. No pressure at all & very knowledgeable. Thanks guys!!

Description of Work
We had a new furnace & air conditioner installed.

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

05/17/2019

Matthew N.

Amazing. Steven gave us a lot of one-on-one time, personal quotes, helpful advice, and brilliant referrals to other companies - even during one of his busiest seasons. I can't recommend them enough. Comfort Connection will treat you right.

Description of Work
New Furnace, AC, Water Heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

03/27/2019

Jacy D.

I have nothing but great things to say about Steven and his crew. Steven is the owner and he came to my house to provide the estimate. His price was by far the lowest of the 5 bids that I received, and he had only top of the line equipment to offer. I wanted to get my AC units installed before the summer rush and he was able to install the same week that I got the estimate. The crew consisted of 3 guys (Austin, Sergei, and Stefan). They were all super friendly and worked quickly! I had central A/C and a ductless mini split installed in about a day (half a day x 2 days). I very much appreciated that there was no nickel and dime b.s. that you often get with contractors. The price quoted was inclusive of all work *AND* Steven upgraded my ductless unit (to a much stronger one) for no additional charge *AND* gave me a new thermostat for FREE to replace my really old/cheap one. How amazing is that? I was in shock a little bit when he did those things but I am so grateful. Oh, and he also gave me a little bit longer of a labor warranty on my ductless because I mentioned that another company offered it. Anyway, this company (Steven) is awesome. He's just a good guy and I trust him. I 100% recommend his services and will go to him when any repairs (or a new furnace) are needed in the future.

Description of Work
Installation of Central A/C and a Ductless Unit for Upstairs Attic Bedroom

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

02/15/2019

LILLIAN G.

Our experience with Steve and his wonderful crew, Austin, Cody, Stefan and Sergey was outstanding. Our furnace started acting up right before the cold hit in January. I spoke with Steve and he was out the next day. His communication was excellent. Steve spent considerable time scoping the project and came up with the perfect solution. Work started the next day so we could avoid additional cold nights. His crew was superb. Everything was left 100% clean, all refuse and the old systems were hauled away. We actually enjoyed having them all at our home. Steve's bid was spot on....no additional or hidden charges. His costs were very reasonable and he gave us a far superior solution at a much lower cost than his competitors, who frankly didn't really offer us anything better than what we previously had (like for like replacement). Highly recommend. His warranty is also much better than his competition. Plus Steve and his crew were delightful which is always a huge bonus.

Description of Work
HVAC complete system replacement

Work Completed On 02/14/2019

02/14/2019

Robert C.

Wow! I still can't hardly believe how fantastic this company is for communication, excellent work, timeliness, cost saving and friendliness. Everything they do, shouts out that they want to do the best job your money can buy. Any reviews that are negative against this company are unwarranted! I read some of those reviews and they come from people that are never going to be happy with anything you do for them! I want so badly to go search out others that need a furnace or AC or Hot water heater so I can recommend Comfort Connection to them! To give you more of an idea of how fantastic they are: we agreed on a certain AC unit. But Steven thought we should have the next size for no cost! I even offered to split the difference in cost but he wouldn't let me do that. He upgraded me for no extra! AND the furnace he put in...I cannot believe how inefficient my 25 year old furnace was. With the old furnace, I kept the thermostat at 71 degrees to make the living room area comfortable. But the back of the house was chilly. Now with this new furnace that he recommended be installed, there are no cold spots anymore AND the thermostat is kept at 67 degrees! Can you believe that! We are so thrilled with his work and recommendations, we can't say enough good words! YOU WILL NOT COME ACROSS A COMPANY BETTER THAN COMFORT CONNECTION.

Description of Work
Replace Furnace, Electric Hot water heater converted to Gas, AC and thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/14/2019

02/09/2019

Pattie H.

On very short notice before a snow storm, Steven evaluated my failing furnace, diagnosed it as a bad blower motor, and offered to replace it. However he advised that due to the old age of the furnace, it would probably be throwing good money after bad. This seemed reasonable to us, so we opted for a full replacement. Steven was able to get the furnace replaced the very next day for a reasonable price, no extra charge for the expediting and the previous service call fee was waived. Steven was quick and responsive in communication, and was able to be flexible and work us in with only a few hours notice. He was knowledgeable, professional, and took time to explain things. We will definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Furnace Replacement

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

01/18/2019

Bryan W.

I called Comfort Connection to inquire about a whole home humidifier install. Steve walked me through some available options and expressed a willingness to complete the work. Steve then worked to try to understand our home's needs and used the information to steer us in an alternative direction. The advice was genuine and considered our best interests. We were very pleased with Steve's honesty and will use Comfort Connection for our future HVAC needs when they arise.

Description of Work
Whole home humidifier

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

12/05/2018

Dean L.

Got to my house within an hour of my call. This was during the first cold snap of the season, when all the repair people were overloaded with service calls. (One company said they didn't have an opening for 8 days.) Cody explained what he was doing and took extra time to thoroughly clean out a part that had clogged. Furnace works great now.

Description of Work
furnace repair

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

09/10/2018

Kyung K.

GREAT!! He did a great job, and the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and air conditioner