Hill & Company Service Inc

Founded 1967 ā€¢ With Angi since August 2006

Hill & Company Service has been serving the Oklahoma City metro since 1967. We are your local Trane dealer and proud to be a Trane "Comfort Specialist" . Oklahomans know who fills the bill for quality and service... It's Hard To Stop A Trane... It's Hard To Top A Hill. Call us today. We service all brands....

4.4

HVAC Companies (149)plumbers (15)air duct cleaning (7)appliance repair (6)water heaters (2)gas leak repair (1)large appliances (1)

09/13/2022

Ronald B.

Chad did an excellent job and was very helpful with his response to other questions that I had.

Description of Work
Annual inspection for air conditioner

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/13/2022

06/01/2022

stella B.

Blaine and AJ came the very day I called. They were professional and were wholesome and clean cut, much more so than any plumbers I've used in several years. They came in, asked about my problem and immediately fixed it. So happy that it was a simple parts replacement, done without any damage to my tile. They were great, they were fast, and they are now my GO TO plumbers. Thank you guys!

Description of Work
I had a leak in my shower which I was afraid would require removing tiles...and ending up a major expense

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 06/01/2022

12/12/2021

Benjamin T.

I am very satisfied with my new Trane heat pump installed by Hill & Company Service, Inc. on December 2, 2021. All Hill and Company representatives from the phone operator to the quote specialists to the installation specialists were always friendly, professional and respectful as well as knowledgeable. Consumer Reports rates Trane heat pumps in the top 2 out of 24 brands for Predicted Reliability and Owner Satisfaction. Hill & Company specializes in Trane heat pump installations and was near the top of the list provided by the Angi website. I asked Hill & Company for a quote and an appointment was made for 2:00 PM the following day. On the following day at about 1:40 PM, a representative called to say that the quote specialists were running late. The quote specialists, John and Mark, arrived at 2:10 PM! The inspection took a little less than 2 hours and the installation agreement was settled in a little less than an hour including the 30 minutes I took to consider the options. The Trane installation specialists arrived the next morning a little after 9:00 AM. Removal of the old air conditioner and broken furnace and installation of the new Trane heat pump and carbon monoxide detector were complete a little after 5:00 PM. The installation specialists, Dustin and AJ, did excellent work and left my house in cleaner condition than when they arrived. The price was reasonable for the high quality of installation and high quality equipment.

Description of Work
Replaced Air Conditioner and Broken Furnace with Trane Heat Pump

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

06/14/2021

Frederick L.

Excellent job. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Called prior to arrival to say what time they would be here and were on time. Cleaned up after themselves. I have no problem with the service I received and would hire them again as well as suggest them to others.

Description of Work
AC coil and Furnace replace

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

08/20/2020

Loretta W.

It went well.....the service technicians were very clean courteous & informative & professional

Description of Work
New heat & air conditioning unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

07/10/2020

Michael A.

Excellent. Hill and Company crew arrived early in the morning and were finished by 5:30pm. I was amazed at their efficiency and learned a lot about air conditioning from the crew. John Hoffman came by twice during the day to check on progress of work and called in additional crew members for final work outside the house. We added an air scrubber to the HVAC system and it is working well. Thank you John for suggesting it. We have noticed a difference upstairs like you said to expect. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Replaced upstairs furnace and outside air conditioner compressor

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

06/21/2020

Kevin R.

Problem diagnosed and quickly repaired

Description of Work
HVAC repair

Work Completed On 06/12/2020

01/15/2020

Edward K.

Maintenance plan was $200+. It is not worth it. Read the description above.

Description of Work
I purchased the annual maintenance plan. My furnace would not start and I emailed Hill and Company. They called me the next day and tried to sell the same maintenance plan again (I told them I was already registered) and not one of their technicians ever showed up to my house. About 6 weeks later they called me again to try to charge my credit card for the maintenance plan. I already had paid in August 2019. This company is unethical.

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

I have been unable to communicate directly with Mr [Member Name Removed], but believe this to be a misunderstanding, (perhaps another company with Hill in the name was contacted) as we don't have a record of the communication. We are not unethical and we have continued to service Mr [Member Name Removed] since this review was made.

12/13/2019

John D.

It went well...project was completed according to my understanding. Equipment works well. One installation hiccup was resolved quickly.

Description of Work
HVAC equipment replace

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

11/13/2019

Charles S.

Great! Always a professional and friendly technician.

Description of Work
HVAC system check 2x per year and occassional plumbing repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

11/13/2019

Marilynne L.

Nick was quick, efficient and polite... always a pleasure

Description of Work
6 month furnace/AC tune-up

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

11/04/2019

Vanessa G.

Firstly, I'd like to say that the person that handles the phone calls and appointments is a wonderful representative. She is very pleasant to talk to, informative, and is good on keeping in contact for changes. The package prices that were offered to me were a very good price and value for what you get. My tech was pleasant, informative, and timely. He made really good suggestions that I appreciate very much. Would definitely suggest this company.

Description of Work
Heating tune-up

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

10/18/2019

George S.

On time and no issues. Been using the company now for about a year and have yet to experience any issues. Unlike the other comfortable air solution companies out there, there have been ZERO sales attempts when they show up to do just a tune up!!! Thanks!!!

Description of Work
A Tune Up was done.

Work Completed On 10/18/2019

09/27/2019

Jerry J.

Dale Holloway was our go-to guy and salesman. Not pushy which I really appreciated, and very pleasant to work with. He IS very accessible, returning calls and texts quickly - even now, whenever I have questions. You have a wonderful crew working for you. Everyone was on-time, friendly, efficient and aware of certain things I required when coming and going from the house. Namely, keeping certain doors closed at all times so the dog and/or the toddler wouldn't be able to sneak out and escape! My only suggestion would be to keep household objects covered with tarp or plastic during the entire job. Not just when there's sawing or 'messy work' going on. If it's a room where there will be a lot of foot traffic the floor cloth is good, but plastic over furniture etc would be a great help when it comes to us cleaning afterwards. However, the guys did great given that I didn't insist things be covered more often. Yes, I would use Hill & Co. again.

Description of Work
Entire house HVAC system and mini-split install with removal of old furnace and ductwork.

Work Completed On 09/13/2019

09/11/2019

Kristi E.

We have used Hill & Company since we moved to Oklahoma City. I cannot say enough good things about this company because there isn't enough space here :) Let's start with their integrity. This is the kind of company you can trust emphatically. I have called with an AC problem, for instance, and they have walked me through troubleshooting BEFORE dispatching a tech to save me money. Who does that? Hill & Company does because they genuinely care about their customers. We recently had one of our HVAC units replaced. It was almost 25 years old, so it stopped working. The sales representative, Dale, came to our home and went over different options with us to replace the old system. Dale is proficient, professional and just an all around super nice person. The installation crew was AWESOME. We had our new system installed the very next day. Dale checked on us every step of the way, including after installation. Hill & Company provides unmatched, top notch service. We highly recommend them for HVAC and plumbing needs!!!

Description of Work
New HVAC System

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

08/27/2019

Steve H.

We were really in a bind. July heat wave and no a/c coming in to a weekend. A/C service guy said I had a leak and needed a new A/C system. Heard about Dale at Hill & Company and he got out the next day to quote us a new A/C system. They provided a competitive bid with some of the best residential equipment in the HVAC industry - TRANE. I considered his bid over the weekend - while we fried. On Monday morning I called Dale and he had an installer crew at my house in 3 hours!! What amazing service! Dale also followed up with the appropriate warranty documents to insure we were in the TRANE warranty program - never had anyone do this for us before. Excellent service, equipment, people and price. Couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
HVAC System Installation

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

06/20/2019

Esther D.

Jeff was very professional aned helpful!!!! Jeff did everything he said going do and more. Jeff came with workers. We are very happy!!!šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

Description of Work
A./C. and Heating

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

06/05/2019

Bob M.

What great service tech's, answered all my questions. I will tell all my friends about the great workmanship. Clean up went well too. A+++

Description of Work
New HVAC system installed

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

Review for Hill & Company Service Inc - 5125 NW 5th Pl, Oklahoma City, OK - 37914068

05/11/2019

Marilynne L.

I very much appreciate the friendly office staff, but I really appreciate my service technician Glen the most. He always remembers Iā€™m a day sleeper and gets my tune up done quickly and efficiently. He also remembers and is kind to my pets and for that Iā€™m eternally grateful.

Description of Work
Yearly AC tune up

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

05/04/2019

Barbara S.

We were very impressed with the thorough and detailed proposal prepared for us. Dale guided us through the options and made our decision easy. We decided from this experience to not get a second bid and chose Hill and Company.

Description of Work
New heat and air

Work Completed On 04/08/2019

04/28/2019

Chris S.

My old system was 20+ years old and had issues the last few summers. Decided to be proactive and replace it during the spring (hvac) off-season. John H came out the day I called to provide an estimate. Unlike other contractors, he actually climbed up in the attic to check the return ducts, checked the breaker box, and measured the width of the back gate to make sure the new unit would fit. Other contractors were proposing upgrading from a 2.5 ton AC to a 3 ton, based solely on square footage. John actually crunched the numbers. Unlike the other guys, he noticed that the attic return ducts were slightly undersized for a 3 ton and proposed upgrading those. Price was consistent with other bids, but I felt Hill & Co were the best contractor to work with. They gave several discounts including Trane trade in and early bird. Installation was done quickly and professionally. The new unit is working really well. It's much quieter and de-humidifies significantly better than the old one. Looking forward to a more comfortable summer. This was for a 1500sq ft house, circa 1980s construction. 3 ton 14.5 SEER AC. 80% furnace rating.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioner and furnace

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

04/16/2019

Karla M.

They are very good and I have been real happy with them. I would definitely recommend them .

Description of Work
They come out to do plumbing work and they have also serviced my furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing