The Basement Guys - Cleveland

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2013

Super Service Award-winning company on Angie! The Basement Guys® of Cleveland is Northeast Ohio's exclusive installer of patented, trusted, and proven basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, basement finishing, foundation, gutter protection, gutter replacement, and concrete repair. Our trained and experienced servicemen have the answers to your home's exact problems. We've helped hundreds of Ohio homeowners remodel their basements or repair sinking foundations. We know our waterproofing, encapsulation, basement finishing, and structural repair systems work, but don't just take our word for it. Check out the testimonials from other homeowners throughout Cuyahoga Falls, Cleveland, Akron, and Northeast Ohio who have said the same thing. From a wet basement and cracks along the foundation wall to damaged concrete and gutters, The Basement Guys® of Cleveland can help with all your basement needs....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+23 more images

Egress Window in Avon Lake

Egress Window in Avon Lake

egress window
This customer wanted to make their basement safer for the family members staying there. Installing an egress window gives the home an extra emergency exit.
New Carpet in Media, Ohio project
New Carpet in Media, Ohio

general contractors

Basement Waterproofing project
Basement Waterproofing

basement waterproofing

basement waterproofing (104)basement remodeling (54)foundation repair (30)well & water pump repair (17)plumbers (12)electrician (11)drywall (10)insulation (9)drain pipe installation (8)concrete repair (8)general contractors (5)masonry (4)

06/28/2022

Mark G.

It went fine until after the job when I was told by the job boss Troy to call him 3-4 months after the job was done so they would come back out and tighten the 5 plates and comment the cracks in the foundation, I called within 4 months 3 separate times with no response!! Was told by Troy that it would cost $150 to tighten 5 bolts which was not told to me before at any point !

Description of Work
Push piers and plates to support the garage floor and back wall

Category masonry, foundation repair

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

Review for The Basement Guys - Cleveland - 429 Portage Blvd, Kent, OH - 39781602

02/26/2022

eun H.

With very short notice, Jeffrey from Basement Guys came out right away and inspected our porch and basement. He was very professional and extremely helpful getting me all information I needed. We have consulted with many different companies for the issues we have but Jeffrey was the only one who knew what was going on and explained everything about the process. He also went extra miles to explain all the other options we have and and thoroughly answered all of my questions. We highly recommend Jeffrey and his company!

Description of Work
Porch and basement Inspection

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 02/26/2022

01/06/2022

Sussn F.

Project was successfully completed and on time. The Basement Guys team were professional, courteous and eager to service. Special efforts were made to cover and protect my basement stairs and walls while carrying tools and materials in and out of the house. The Supervisor, Kyle, has in constant communcation with me during the project. At the end of each day, Kyle reviewed the work completed and the planned schedule for the following day. I can highly recommend the Basement Guys.

Description of Work
Waterproofing and foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

09/19/2021

THERESA M.

Kyle and two other gentlemen from Basement Guys of Cleveland did a very professional and satisfactory job in late August 2021. They installed Bright Wall, dug trenches in my basement floor, installed a Sedona dehumidifier along with a sump pump, and otherwise waterproofed my entire basement. I also greatly appreciated that they left my dryer vent better than it was originally and cleaned up after themselves inside and outside. I am very pleased overall with a livable and usable basement in my older home. Thanks much for all your hard work, Kyle and other gentlemen.

Description of Work
Waterproofing entire basement

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

04/09/2021

Wes H.

Kyle Bunner and his crew were professional and courteous at all times. The work was done well, they kept the dust down as much as possible, especially considering it is such a dirty job. Kyle also explained the process along the way to keep me informed of their progress.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and wall reinforcement

Work Completed On 04/06/2021

Thank you, Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate hearing the kind words about Kyle and his crew!

03/15/2021

Leslie M.

Kyle Bunner , Matt and Mike were excellent. Very professional and job was done in a very thoughtful manner.

Description of Work
Water in basement

Category concrete repair, electrician, insulation, masonry, plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

01/20/2021

Lawrence G.

Very pleased. I appreciated the crew and their hardwork as well as the foreman Kyle Bunner. He went over and beyond, was thorough, showed patience and answered all my questions and concerns and was nice. They worked fast, and paid close attention to the areas they worked in. Cleaning after themselves, making sure house was left as they found it, and considerate and respectful to their client. Overall Excellent. The only critique I would give which is a minor one and should not deter from the quality work these guys did was the music they decided to play while they worked. I have no issue with it other than it was a little too loud and disturbing while they worked in our basement. Would recommend headphones or lower volume. Other than that would recommend this company and this crew. Thank you guys!

Description of Work
Sump Pump Installation

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! I will inform the managers about the crew's music :)

01/14/2021

Colleen P.

Got a quote for $17,000 to tear up the outside around the house and put in a drain. Thankfully we got two other quotes. $22,701 to have interior of basement concrete floor torn up and a drain put in, with a sump pump. The last quote from B-Dry System was to call a concrete leveling company and have the patio leveled to stop the water from draining towards the house. $1800 later we have a dry basement.

Description of Work
Basement wall was wet and moldy

Category contractors, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

Hello! We have tried to contact you regarding your review. Please call our sales manager at (330) 333-9322 ext 117. We believe there may have been a miscommunication. The Basement Guys do not perform any exterior waterproofing services.

12/23/2020

Danielle K.

Kyle, Matt and Mike worked hard and efficiently from start to finish, explained what was to be done and any adjustments that had to be made. Communication within their company seems to be good, they had a detailed work list of what we needed done and it was completed.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement, installation of sump pump, window replacement

Category contractors, concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Please let us know if we can help you with anything else!

12/22/2020

Nicholas P.

I needed my basement and crawl space waterproofedI needed my basement and crawl space waterproofed. Kyle and his crew were on time and very nice, there work exceeded my expectations and would hire them again in a heart beat. The finished product looks amazing and I couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofed

Category contractors

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

Thank you so much for leaving this amazing review about Kyle! We appreciate all the feedback we can get!

11/21/2020

Peg B.

Everything went as explained and expected. Baxter was extremely hardworking, polite and knowledgeable. Last day he was here and working alone he did the work of 3 guys and never complained and completed the job to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Crawl space waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We know how hard Baxter works and we are so happy that you noticed! Thank you, again! :) -Mary

11/13/2020

Kenn H.

Awesome, Kyle and his crew Matt and Mike were outstanding, finished the job in just two days, paid attention to the details and were very experienced in their work, I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Interior basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the positive feedback! :)

11/10/2020

t G.

The Basement Guys were professional, thorough and efficient from the start of the project through the completion. This basement was a mess, wet and with a history of flooding once or twice a year. Kyle and his team (Matt, Mike, Devon) took over confidendently and expertly dug, placed drains and sealed it up beautifully. A full season will be the real test. Having been part of the whole process as Kyle and I walked through and discussed daily plans in the morning and walked-through and reviewed every evening I feel quite confident it is going to work well!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing (100 year+ old building)

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Amazing! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review! Thank you so much for choosing The Basement Guys for your basement needs :)

11/03/2020

Spencer M.

The job went well. Kyle answered all of my questions and went over what he was going to do before getting started. The job was finished quickly and the area was clean when he left.

Description of Work
Repair of a cracked basement wall

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you so much for the amazing feedback! The Basement Guys are here to help with all of your basement needs!

11/02/2020

Natalie H.

Overall Kyle Bunner and his team did an excellent job doing the waterproofing on my basement. He made sure to keep me updated throughout the whole process, and had everything done in a timely manner Great job!

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate hearing feedback from our customers!

10/30/2020

Brandon G.

Kyle Bunner and his team were very helpful at explaining what exactly they were going to do. And most importantly actual did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! I will make sure to let [Member Name Removed] and his team know the wonderful things you said!

09/09/2020

Grace F.

Avoid at all cost. Very friendly sales person who was so helpful. Everything seemed fine until the day to start the project. 2 employees showed up and were okay, came and marked the basement for the strips. My husband left and I stayed upstairs with our dogs. While I was on our back patio I could hear the employees outside laughing and having fun, cool. Nobody wants anyone cranky doing work. They came around 9ish, left around 12:15. All they did was move stuff off the walls. I got a message they were going to lunch and waiting for parts to show up. Never came back...the next morning my husband is late to work waiting for them to show up, calls asking where they are and is told there was a emergency, my husband requests they have someone else come out since yesterday they did nothing and today the person didn’t show up. They said sure. We were told they would try to send someone out but it’s been hard with all the flooding. Our project was not a emergency this was planned and scheduled in advance. This was a 2 day project..the sales person has spent more time in my house than the employees doing the work. It’s my husbands birthday today and instead of celebrating it I’m now at work on my break writing a review because I had to go work in the evening so I can take tomorrow off ( day 3). I got a call back from Brent (352-552-0448) who told me they never planned on coming today because they knew yesterday they didn’t have the straps to do the project and he just wants to get it done. Oh did I mention Brent also called asking for will -the person who had a emergency - come to my house and pick up a tools he left so he can do someone else’s project? Don’t worry if you want to know why they lied it’s because brents “hands were tied”.

Description of Work
Basement foundation

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

07/31/2020

Bob H.

From the moment I met with Kyle to get my estimate, to the finish of the project with Justin, Colton and Leo, the project was done professionally, courteously, with as little disruption as possible, and on time. Anne-Laure kept me informed on the scheduling, and resolved a problem with some demolition. The project looks great, and I would like to thank everyone, especially Justin the foreman, and Colton his assistant, who were there everyday until it was finished. Leo arrived the third day and worked tirelessly until it was done. Thanks everyone at The Basement Guys for making the entire process easy.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

Thank you for the awesome feedback, [Member Name Removed]! I will make sure to show the crew this review! - Mary

07/08/2020

Jim K.

Job went well,cleaned up well after job was done.would recommend.

Description of Work
Basement wall cracked

Work Completed On 06/19/2020

05/04/2020

Nicholas D.

The end product looks great and was a good price. Staff was friendly. Sometimes it was hard to reach them. We had to constantly remind them of what needed done while the project was being done, lack of communication within the company. First day the foreman was asking us everything because he wasn’t sure what was going on. Could have cleaned up after themselves better. Make sure you are very clear about what you want done and stay on top of it during the project and the end product will be good. Project inspector Jeff was very helpful making sure it all went over well and we liked what we got. Electrician was also very helpful and did more than he needed to.

Description of Work
Basement Finishing

Category drywall, electrician, insulation, basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/23/2020

04/29/2020

Kristin S.

Tyler was very knowledgeable on the topic, my clay walls, their product, and appropriate means to solve the water intrusion I was having. The crew showed up on a Monday morning and were cleaned up and finished by Tuesday afternoon! They were efficient, clean, and explained every step of the way, thoroughly. I would definitely use them again and Will recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category concrete repair, plumbing, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

04/05/2020

Mike S.

The process was painless. Tyler came in and really tried to understand our needs and concerns. He did a fantastic job and was very professional along the way! With cost being a concern he did everything possible to make it as cost effective as possible. We really enjoyed the quoting process and what VERY different (in a good way) than any other remodeling company that we had quote the job.

Description of Work
Quoting process for a basement remodel

Category basement remodeling