We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Varment Guard Environmental

Founded 1983 • With Angi since January 1996

1001 Checkrein Ave Suite B

Columbus, OH 43229

If you’re looking for humane and efficient wild animal removal services, you’ve come to the right place. Varment Guard was founded in 1983 and has been passionate about delivering environmentally-conscious and safe wildlife pest removal services ever since. From rowdy raccoons to ornery opossums to

07/31/2022

Melissa R.

ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS! Spent $500 to have raccoons captured and removed from the attic at one of our rentals. Mama decided to next and give birth to three young predators. Technician set 3 traps, for 3 weeks. Nada. We show up at 8p on a Friday night. Set one trap that we brought and viola' by 5a the next morning...a raccoon. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Description of Work
Raccoon removal

07/26/2020

JIM F.

Very well. The technician Jake was excellent. He answered all my questions, showed me how the traps worked etc. I would certainly cll them again if needed.

Description of Work
removal of skunks

11/02/2019

Gary B.

A section of our gutter was dislodged from our house and a squirrel made a hole in the fascia board to give her a place to have babbies. Prior to making the gutter and fascia repairs, my wife heard noises in our spare bedroom walls and we contacted Plunkett's Pest Control (AKA Varment Guard) who have been spraying our home for bugs annually. While the $400 estimate for placing traps sounded expensive since they wouldn't guarantee to remove the squirrels, we authorized the inspection and trapping. They set 2 live animal traps on our roof near the entrance hole and inspected it on a daily basis for nearly 2 weeks before they finally caught a squirrel. Dan Sylvester was the technician who performed the daily inspections. After catching the first squirrel, Dan advised that it was a mother squirrel and he anticipated that here babies would venture out within a few days. Sure enough, the 2 smaller squirrels were caught in the traps a few days later. While we thought that we heard additional activity in our walls a few days later, Dan stopped at our house and inspected our attic through a trap door in a closet to make sure that there weren't any more squirrels. Afterwards, we had the fascia board and gutter repaired. We're happy that Dan caught the squirrels and took them away from our home without hurting them. He seems like a very nice person who has concern for wildlife. We are extremely pleased with his professionalism, diligence, patience, and perseverance in moving the squirrel family to a better location in a nice wooded area far away from the walls of our home.

Description of Work
squirrel removal from attic

12/01/2018

Chris B.

Completely incompetent and unprofessional company. Being treated as poorly as I was after being a Varment Guard customer for 10 years is beyond my comprehension. Now they are called Plunkett's Pest control and the new ownership / management doesn't practice customer service. Their pricing doesn't make sense. I have a tall home with a lot of square footage in a compact foot print. They only treat the foot print but charge for the square footage of the entire home. Would not budge on the price even when I was able to easily get quotes for half of their price from other companies in 10 minutes. In dealing with their office, I have never in my 53 years been treated so unprofessionally. I pride myself on being straight forward, keeping my bills paid and paying my fair share. There was no acknowledgement on their part of miscommunication, poor service practices, or even the thought that rodent control for one day should not be charged the same as 3 months of service. (They picked up their rodent bait traps after 1 day but charged as a regular 3 month service). I was treated as a dead beat who doesn't pay their bills even after they acknowledged that they had been sending communications to the wrong address for 6 months! I even tried calling the manager, Kristen Roberts who refused to take my call. I should have listened to my past Varment Guard technician when he warned me about this company. Consider yourself warned as well. Also, note that I rarely write reviews, only on extremely great or poor service.

Description of Work
Pest control service

Category pest control

I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and I'm so sorry to hear that we fell short for you this time. Unfortunately, that is not how we like to do business at Plunkett's/Varment Guard. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. As part of our initiative for continual improvement, we will notify our staff of this issue to prevent future occurrences. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if there is anything more we can do for you. Sincerely, -Director of Client Experience, Varment Guard, 866-906-1786

06/13/2018

JANET B.

Varment Guard has been more expensive but in my experiences with them - they always get their target varment. I have used them for yellow jackets, mice, spiders, and now mole and chipmunks. With other companies I used in the past, the pests seemed to be eradicated at first but the pests returned. With Varment Guard, they are gone. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Recently a mole moved in next to my front porch

11/06/2017

RITA F.

Bill called about an hour before he was due at our house to tell us he would be there then.(Very nice to be sure of that AND know you might have time for a quick errand.) When he came he listened and looked the entire area over very carefully, explained what he would do and the guarantee. He was the kind of person you wish would train every person in sales and service professions that you come in contact with every day! I will definitely call them if we have this kind of situation again--and ask for Bill!

Description of Work
We had a bees' nest or wasps' nest up near the eaves in the corner of our house. I called in and the person in the office was very pleasant and sent someone out the next day!

10/05/2017

Karen S.

I am very pleased. The person who came to the house was courteous and thorough. He told me what had done been done correctly and what was needed for my house and the problem that we were still having. He took care of the problem.

Description of Work
I had been using a different exterminator for the past 15 years. I kept calling the other company and the problem got worse! Varment Guard found the problem and took care of it right away.

09/23/2017

Marion M.

The tech was on time and very professional. All services we needed were performed and he pointed out some things to keep an eye on.

Description of Work
We had a last minute Termite treatment required for a home purchase and they were very helpful and accommodating.

Category pest control, home inspection

09/20/2017

Bruce L.

fair, caught maybe three chipmunks, only one mole, and one possum. I am still overrun with chipmunks. they also left their traps. Still here a month later.

Description of Work
catch chipmunks, moles, possum, etc.

07/10/2017

JEFFREY K.

I contacted the company online and they responded quickly by phone. We set up an appointment and the technician arrived early after first calling to see if that was ok. The tech took his time to see if he could pinpoint the nest location and then applied a chemical from a pump sprayer both from the side of the deck and also down through the deck board cracks in the area where the bumblebees were coming and going. He said to give it a few days and if they were still coming & going he would come back for another application. There was very little activity after he sprayed and I only saw 1 bumblebee the next day and none after that so whatever the chemical was it was very effective. My only issue is the cost but that was given to me upfront so I really can't complain.

Description of Work
We had a bumblebee nest under our deck. I was reluctant to call an exterminator since they are pollinators and if they had been entering & exiting the nest from the side of the deck, I wouldn't have. However, the bumblebees would come up through the cracks in the deck boards near the door into the house and also go back to the nest the same way. We have 2 cats that are on the deck in addition to people plus the fact that bumblebees can sting more than once so I made the call.

05/24/2017

SHIRLEY F.

All went very well; I am pleased with the work. The cost of the services was about $400 for ten days of trapping and $1100 for the exclusion fencing.

Description of Work
We contacted Varment Guard to catch a groundhog that had taking up residence (probably part-time residence) under our shed. While the groundhog evaded capture, we did snag two opossums; not too shabby. After a ten day trapping period we had them install exclusion fencing around the base of the shed.

05/24/2017

Greg P.

Impressive. Varment Guard employees were extremely professionally and their prices were very reasonable.

Description of Work
Inspection for termites/carpenter ants and rodent prevention.

Category pest control, home inspection, animal removal

05/20/2017

Cynthia D.

my only complaint was that they first put a plastic cage over the attic vent, and the squirrel chewed through, so they had to come back

Description of Work
get rid of squirrel

04/24/2017

Laura D.

They caught a possum and a skunk in the ten days the traps were set. They also set a trap for a raccoon that managed to damage the traps set for the skunk but it was able to evade capture. Remember to keep in mind that the traps are not operational from Friday evening until Monday mornings.

Description of Work
They installed traps to capture a skunk or skunks that were residing under my driveway.

04/18/2017

David C.

Awful. They said they would perform a very technical and detailed evaluation of our problem - which consisted of walking around our house and throwing the little green poison bits you can by at home depot. And its partially my fault for signing up for the annual service plan, but that was even worse! They could come by when no one was home, say they "checked and maintained" bait stations (which were never touched), and billed me a few more hundred dollars. Find someone who can do more than you can after a trip to Home Depot.

Description of Work
called to control mice.

03/23/2017

HOWARD C.

Called Varment Guard and Harry responded later in afternoon. Found mud dabbers but no indication of any termites or other problems. Mud dabbers are not a serious problem. No treatment needed. Harry was very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Found some bugs that might be possible termites

02/27/2017

BRIDGET O.

Trapped at least one opossum and repaired hole where they were entering.

Description of Work
Animal in the wall. Needed roof repaired where animal was entering and animal trapped.

01/30/2017

Patti H.

After mice were eliminated a snake appeared. My original package only covered mice, so I had to purchase second package to bait snakes, plus chimney caps and sealing of identified points of entry. One final charge for hand capture of snake after original package expired (extra money was disappointing... but end result was exactly what I needed).

Description of Work
VG helped me remove a mice / snake problem at my house.

Category pest control, home inspection, chimney caps, animal removal

09/22/2016

John B.

They come out semi annually, June and December. They're very good. What I like best about them is their relationship building is very good, they're on time and their cost.

Description of Work
I use Varment Guard for pest control. They do both inside and outside.

09/13/2016

Bob G.

Promptly investigated, recommendations made and the job completed in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Found nests in the attic that needed to be checked out and removed.

09/07/2016

DON B.

They get an F for not completion of job. They didn't catch anything and I had to call them to get any kind of feedback or answers to what was going on. Initially when they came out I identified the wrong animal that was digging and I still don't know that they identified anything correctly. They wanted me to pay an additional $125 to come back and we paid them $300 and nothing caught over a 10 day period. They don't give a guarantee and they are not responsive.We had to keep calling them to find out what was going on or whether they caught anything. The person came out to chase it but I don't think they had the right traps. They were here every day for 10 days.

Description of Work
We used Varment Guard Environmental. We had holes that something was digging in our garden beds and our yard and they came and set traps.

08/29/2016

Carol F.

We highly recommend them because they are very honest and they will work out the pricing with you and it's very easy to deal with them.

Description of Work
They put traps in the basement for mice, they sprayed outside for spider, they repaired places where birds could get in.

04/14/2016

Christopher K.

Service was not provided because estimate was never sent.

Description of Work
We had someone come to our home to provide a free estimate. He said it would be emailed that night. It was not. I have since called the company twice and was told the estimate would be emailed. It has been a week and we have not received our estimate. In the meantime, we have seen another mouse in our kitchen pantry. We are moving on to another company.

01/05/2016

Elaine G.

A rat got into our home from the garage. Karl came out for an initial assessment and baited for the rat. Bill came out the next day and baited for the rat and mice. Both were personable and professional. They both offered advice on how to handle the situation. We have used Varment Guard for years on an as needed basis. In the near future, we will have them seal the house and have an on-going program of pest control. They are prompt and professional, and we look forward to working with them on a schedule.

Description of Work
Set bait for rats and mice. Gave advice on pest control strategy.

12/30/2015

Amy H.

Kent from Varment Guard was very thorough in identifying what rodents were in the attic and where they were traveling. He strategically placed mouse traps and poison in the attic. He was very educational on how and why mice got in the attic. He thinks like a mouse! In one week he caught 7 mice! Kent is very professional and thorough. His customer service is outstanding!!! Very trusted person. Thanks Kent!

Description of Work
Kent thoroughly searched the attic to determine what was up there. He strategically placed mouse traps and poison in the attic.

Superior Home Maintenance

Superior Home Maintenance Co is a fully licensed, bonded and insured business and has been in operation for over ninety years in central Ohio and the Columbus area. Our company takes great pride in the quality and care of the work that we provide to our customers. Our technicians are experienced in every area of home maintenance that a homeowner may need. Job minimum is $250.

Green Valley Wildlife Solutions

Green Valley Wildlife Solutions is a FULL-SERVICE Nuisance Wildlife Company. From Wildlife Removal, Complete Attic Restoration, and QUALITY Repairs to the Structure, we do it ALL. Services include but are not limited to Raccoon Extermination, Bat Extermination, Bird Removal, Bed Bug Extermination, Attic Remediation, and Wildlife Exclusion. Our goal is to provide efficient, ethical solutions for Wildlife and Bed Bug conflict situations, without the usage of chemicals and unethical practices.

Mold Blasters

We are a professional, Columbus based company, with an emphasis on Eco Friendly Mold Remediation. While our fully certified Mold Technicians are able to assist you with any mold issues you may have, their expertise stretch across many areas of your home. From foundation repairs and waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation, wall stabilization, spray foam insulation, yard and downspout drainage, general carpentry and much more, our goal is to make your home repairs and upgrades simple for you. With our competitive pricing, strong customer service and 25+ years of knowledge and experience, we hope to be the one stop shop for all your home needs. Give us a call today to schedule a free appointment and we will send out a member of our team to help you solve all of your home needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Wildlife Removal and Trapping, Wildlife Exclusion and Trapping, Wildlife Repellent, Clean Up Services, Odor Control, Attic Insulation Repair & Replacement. Squirrel, Chipmunk, Raccoon, Opossum, Skunk, Groundhogs, Snakes, Birds, Geese, Bats, Moles, Muskrat, Beaver, Deer, Coyote, Rabbit, and Rodents.

NO SERVICE FOR DOGS OR CATS!!