Bryan Construction Co Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since December 2004

10117 Deerhollow Dr

Cincinnati, OH 45252

8 employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, Certified Green Professional, Certified Graduate Remodeler, Universal Design Certified Professional. Additional DBA - Ken Bryan Construction (KBC), KBC - Design Build Remodeling....

03/16/2016

Curt W.

Description of Work
Didn't have anything done to the bathroom because of price, but are holding off for a yr before starting.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

03/15/2016

Peggy S.

Excellent! They clean up after themselves. All his staff is professional and courteous. They appear on the job site on time. Very reputable; he's been in business for many many years.

Description of Work
I have used him lately for handymen services but we've used him for several other projects from add on additions, electrical, plumbing and remodeling work.

11/10/2014

Paul and Karena M.

They did a good job. They were professional and courtesy.

Description of Work
They replaced our heating and air.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

06/14/2014

Arlena E.

KBC, which initially had about a 2 months wait, had it grow to 4-6 months in 32 days (from May 1 to June 2). That company said, on Monday, June 2, that they were declining to provide an estimate because they have been very busy and due to the 4-6 months wait. Right away I wrote back that I was willing to wait 4-6 months. I did not receive a response. Thinking that perhaps some of my comments and questions were not liked or were unacceptable to KBC, on June 4, I sent KBC a revision to its preliminary proposal which retracted many of the ones I had made. As of today they still have not responded. The length of their wait excuse is iffy. With a change from 2 to 4 months, that is a 100% increase in business in 32 days. Going from 2 to 6 months is a 200% increase in the same period! That is suspicious and perhaps there is something else behind the withdrawal.

Description of Work
At the initial contact on 4/30/14 and on the date of their visit to my home on 5/8, the company stated it was booked for about 2 months. We stated we were willing to wait. Its preliminary proposal for our projects were emailed to me on 5/14 to which it requested our questions and comments. I emailed them comments and questions to it on 6/1. I apologized for taking so long. Also, I explained I had been struggling with a cold for more than a week.

Category drywall

08/09/2013

Jennifer B.

After a structural engineer issued a report on what was needed, I went looking for a contractor who could do the work. KBC was the third company I contacted but the first to respond. Project was bid and accepted through email. Although not necessary, the owner called to introduce himself and answer any questions I might have. Work was started earlier than expected. KBC obtained necessary building permit and arranged for final inspection. All work was done professionally. KBC cleaned up each day. I visited the site for surprise inspections (house was vacant at the time) and workers were always hard at work. Work that I did not anticipate needing (repairing dry wall and painting) was done without my needing to tell KBC to do the extra work. Entire project took less time than expected. Cost was in line with the estimate, which was a relief since the extent of the damage could not be determined until the beam was removed. I hope I will never need this type of work again, but I would hire KBC to it or another big project.

Description of Work
Replace main support beam in basement, replace floor beam, sister joists, and other repairs to wood that was damaged by termites years ago. Included in the work was the need to shore up entire house before starting the removal of the damaged beam and moving all the plumbing, HVAC, and electrical.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

05/31/2013

William J.

I was happy with them. The price was reasonable. We did not use them since we did not end up buying that house.

Description of Work
I used Ken Bryan Construction Inc CGP for a quote on foundation work.

Category masonry

07/09/2012

William J.

The quote was for $34000. I thought they were really nice. They came out and they talked. I found that their price was high. But I do not know anything about construction so I cannot compare their prices.

Description of Work
I received a quote from Ken Bryan Construction Inc CGP to install a door enclosed in the kitchen, getting patio doors on the deck, renewal of a major weight bearing wall. They were to close up kitchen and door and have an entry from dining room to the kitchen. To install French doors in the dining room, to build a wood patio and deck on the back yard.

Category decks, remodeling

10/25/2010

Peter S.

We are very pleased with him. They were very pleasant. The quality of their service is good. They charge a good price.

Description of Work
We used Ken Bryan Construction Inc-Cgp a year and a half ago for handyman work.

Category handyman service

10/15/2010

Bob R.

When you first meet Ken Bryan you are impressed with his knowledge and professionalism. However the first sign of trouble was the $50 fee that he wanted for each “change proposal”. This was removed from our agreement. The second problem was when KBC attempted to bill me for additional work without my prior approval. I refused to pay it. KBC was the high bidder for this job by about $4,000. The project was planned to be completed in 6 weeks but actually took 8 weeks. The KBC crew assigned to my job were nice fellows but they were extremely slow and in my opinion less than meticulous. It became very obvious from the difficulties they had installing the new custom made oak baseboard and casing that they had never worked with this type of material before. When Ken first met with me to discuss the job he emphasized he had extensive woodworking experience and that using oak like I had in my previous home would not be a problem. Not one miter joint is flush and several pieces of the oak casing look like a woodpecker attacked it. When these problems were raised with Ken he thought the work was ok. This was not the quality of work I was expecting for the money I was spending. Note Pictures. About 2 months after the project was completed I heard a hissing noise in the family room, which is on a slab. The floor was warm and water was running under the floor between the concrete and the plywood/oak flooring. The next day my plumber found a nail in a hot water pipe in the family room wall that is adjacent to a small bathroom off of the kitchen. Note Picture. When installing the new baseboard the crew hit a pipe and it took two months for the nail to work loose. After the pipe was fixed KBC sent out a worker to repair the drywall. Hoping for limited damage we allowed the room to dry out using fans and a dehumidifier but after about two weeks every board in my family room floor had warped. Discussions with KBC resulted in a settlement with his insurance carrier that was finalized in late August. I am ok with an honest mistake, however the bathroom where the pipe was pierced was used by the KBC crew everyday! Isn’t it reasonable to expect them to be very careful installing baseboard knowing that the family room shares a wall with a bathroom? But here is my bigger ethical dilemma with this unfortunate episode. When discussing the floor damage and responsibility for the repairs with Ken and the flooring subcontractor we had this conversation when I asked Ken what he was going to do to fix my floor. Ken - “I have checked with my attorneys and the HBA attorney and they tell me I could probably prevail in court if you sue me because the pipe was not installed to code with a metal pipe cover.” Home Owner - “ Your crew used this bathroom everyday they were here and the house was built in 1950 long before those standards were in place. I hired KBC to do the work because you are professional contractors and you have all of these certifications so I would expect you to be on the lookout for potentially dangerous or hidden conditions.” At this point I reiterated to Ken that I was not afraid of taking legal action. Now the flooring subcontractor chimes in as the conversation begins to get a little heated with this comment Flooring Sub - “In other situations like this I have seen the contractor and the client split the cost of the repairs” I came away from this conversation thinking what planet are these guys on? About a week later KBC agreed to submit the claim to his insurance company after realizing I wasn’t going agree to any solution that cost me money. Based on this experience; high price, medium to low quality work, slow performance, and questionable management practices I cannot recommend KBC.

Description of Work
KBC was contracted to replace all interior doors, a front entry door, patio doors, baseboards, and casing in my 3500 sq ft home built in 1950. Additionally KBC performed via a subcontractor refinishing of 1200 sq ft of hardwood flooring. Many of the old doors were pocket doors where the doorways were enlarged or reconfigured for larger doors.

Category electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling

06/01/2010

Bruce K.

Ken and his work crew led by Mike were prompt, responsive, courteous and very professional. I particularly liked their attention to detail and striving for perfection. In several cases Mike re-did some areas that he did not feel was perfect. Good coordination with subcontractors used for specialty work. Would definitely recommend them for any remodeling work

Description of Work
Tore down and rebuilt front porch and concrete landing.

Category decks, masonry, remodeling

11/03/2009

Kim W.

They did a number of things that we had to have done and they did a great job on everything. They were very personal and Ken really takes his time and goes over everything with you to make sure you understand. They provide good quality workmanship and the crews are nice. They work neatly and they are there when they say they will be there and they are done when they say they will be done. They do everything you want.

Description of Work
We used Ken Bryan Construction in July to do some repair work on the outside of our home and they also did some electrical work on the inside.

Category electrician, handyman service

07/30/2008

Peggy S.

The projects were completed in excellent fashion. Ken Bryan is a great communicator and kept us informed of the progress all along the way. From the beginning, Ken dealt with us in an honest and professional way. He employs skilled tradesmen and hires excellent subcontractors. All workers were courteous and respectful. His pricing is fair and we feel strongly that we received value for the dollars spent. We unconditionally recommend Ken Bryan and his company, KBC, Inc for any remodeling job that you may have.

Description of Work
A family room addition (approx 500 sq ft) was built. Also, a patio and outdoor stone fireplace was constructed. The room addition consisted of a floor to ceiling stone fireplace, two skylights, hardwood floors, state of the art sound and TV system, and a vaulted ceiling. The outdoor living area consisted of a stamped concrete patio and a stone fireplace. New sod and landscaping was also part of the outdoor project. A new heating and air conditioning system was installed by the vendor recommended by KBC. Also, numerous miscellaneous projects were done by the contractor. These resulted from the quality craftsmanship we observed while they were building the room addition.

Category concrete repair, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, landscaping, masonry, remodeling, home theater design, skylights, hardscaping

01/18/2008

SARAH Z.

Professional, clean, timely and respectful contractors. We love our bathroom and new outdoor living space! Ken and crew worked with us to create a beautiful addition to our home.

Description of Work
Refinished spare room into powder room and built 2nd story trex-deck.

10/10/2006

BRIAN Y.

KBC completed installing a French Door at our home in Springfield Township in September '06. Besides the fact that Ken and his work crew were very friendly and courteous, they did a great job! We "love" our new back door. Our window to door transition had us a little worried because our home is brick cinder block construction. They put our concerns to rest and Ken worked with us on cost giving us options. This allowed us to have the door installed at a reasonable expense. This was very important for us. Communications before and during the job was also excellent. If you have a remodeling, big or small, check them out. Its good to find and know a contactor that fulfills their word. A very good company.

Description of Work
Removed a 50x53' inch window and installed in its place a 60x80' French Door.

12/14/2004

CATHY B.

THE ADDITION TURNED OUT TO BE MORE SQUARE FOOTAGE THAN OUR CURRENT HOME. KEN IS VERY DETAIL ORIENTED AND ACCOMMODATING. HE WATCHES THE BUDGET AND CALLS IF HE HAS ANY QUESTIONS. HIS CREW IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THE JOB IS BEING DONE ON TIME.

Description of Work
KEN PUT AN ADDITION ON OUR HOME.

American Weathertechs LLC - Cincinnati

Remodeling is our business and we understand the importance of working with you—the homeowner—before, during, and after the job. We provide quality, customized service from our three locations in Columbus, Dayton & Cincinnati. Whether you are in need of replacement windows, roofing, vinyl siding or other services, you can be assured that we will combine quality, integrity and attention to detail, with value pricing. American WeatherTechs, LLC is committed to 100% customer satisfaction. We provide estimates at no cost or obligation to homeowners, seven days a week for your convenience. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. Additional email - contact@americanweathertechs.com. May contact through email.

Offers by American Weathertechs LLC - Cincinnati on Angi
    Nuvue Products Inc

Nu-Vue Products has a policy of selling and installing replacement windows on a "Best Value Guarantee." This guarantee is to install only the highest quality vinyl and aluminum windows from national manufacturers to give you the best value. This ensures that you get the best product and service from the start of your job to the finish and, most importantly, that you have someone to back your product for a lifetime with a full warranty. Schedule a free estimate for your replacement vinyl windows or Leaf Relief products by contacting us today in Cincinnati, Ohio. We guarantee quality, service, installation, and a great price backed by the best warranty in the industry.

Coldstream Exteriors

With over 20 years of experience, our team can handle all of your homes exterior needs. From roofing and gutters, to siding and paint, our team has you covered. We offer a wide range of material choices, catering all services to fit the needs of our clients. We love working together with individuals who are looking to enhance their home’s exterior and pride ourselves on reliability and delivering results our clients are proud of.

Residential & commercial remodeling - room additions, kitchen & bathroom remodel, whole house renovations, universal design projects, finished lower level, screened porches, composite decks, structural repair & handyman division.