Roland J Down Service Experts

Founded 1952 • With Angi since July 2006

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

13 AIRPORT RD

Schenectady, NY 12302

We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing.

Please call for more details.
New HVAC System

New HVAC System

HVAC Companies
Orderly installation—When the hook-up process requires us to come inside your residence, we’ll wear shoe booties to shield your carpet from mud. We’ll also arrange drop cloths surrounding the installation area to keep your floors shielded from debris during the process. High-quality service—Our specialists are NATE-certified. This shows they’ve gone through in-depth schooling to earn the most desirable technical certification in the business. Attention to the little things—We’ll complete an installation worksheet throughout the process to double-check each individual little thing is handled. We’ll also make sure everything is cooling appropriately and is up to local guidelines before we leave. Once installation is completed, we’ll make sure you comprehend how to operate your new thermostat and AC. Constant communication—We’ll tell you how the process is progressing and when you can anticipate us to be wrapped up.

Additional DBA - Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning D A. Bennett Service Experts. Service Experts Heating and Air Conditioning was established with the understanding of providing customers with the most excellent heating and cooling practices in the industry....

4.2

HVAC Companies (290)plumbers (24)water heaters (17)air duct cleaning (15)drain cleaning (2)carpet installation (1)basement remodeling (2)

02/12/2021

Worker was extremely curt, would not answer questions without rolling of his eyes and answering in disgust. He found comfort in using fowl language, at that point I told him I was not going to tolerate it, he also insinuated I was a liar on 3 different occasions re. work done by RJD and was insistent to see paper work @ 2 a.m., he also informed me that the workers that were here before him did not...

Description of Work
furnace stopped

Work Completed On 02/12/2021

We apologize for your experience and would like to look into your situation. Please contact us at CustomerService@ServiceExperts.com with your full name on the account, address, and phone number, and we will follow up with you. Thank you.

01/14/2021

Excellent response on request for emergency service. Reliable, prompt, courteous. Searched and found replacement part to restore the unit that Saturday evening. Also followed up with additional needed repairs within two days. So very pleased.

Description of Work
Repair Lennox gas furnace - circulator motor stuck.

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

Thanks for being a loyal customer and sharing your positive experience!

05/16/2020

It was a good experience. They were at my house within an hour and a half and they even had to drive an hour which was awesome. They were able to do the repair with parts he already had and it was finished quick and everything is great!

Description of Work
We had a pipe leaking in the main water valve

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

03/28/2020

Misquoted amount of sales tax. I gave them the NY Department of Revenue webpage URL for determining sales tax rate based on address where transaction occurs, they blew me off. I haven't agreed to sign the contract.

Description of Work
maintenance agreement

Work Completed On 03/28/2020

03/18/2020

Diagnosis completed. Currently deciding which option of the several available is the best one to pursue.

Description of Work
Diagnose/repair furnace problem

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

02/28/2020

they charged $300 for a part that cost no more than $50 plus taxes.

Description of Work
no heat in house

Work Completed On 02/26/2020

12/12/2019

I used them 2 times over decades for heating/air conditioning needs, and it was fine. Called about my plumbing problem - they charge $99 just for COMING OVER TO LOOK! Any labour is extra..... Never will use a company that uses such shabby practices. I have a plumber coming over tomorrow, to give me a no-obligations estimate....

Description of Work
replace washing machine shut-off valves

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Cost $99,999,999

Work Completed On 12/12/2019

We understand how frustrating plumbing expenses can be and apologize if we did not do a better job of explaining our prices. All pricing includes our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for 365 days as well as 24/7/365 support. We apologize for any confusion. Thank you.

11/03/2019

They said someone would come Friday between 4 and 6. I had to leave at 6:30, so I called at 6 and he was running an hour late, so I rescheduled for Saturday between 4 and 6pm. He finally arrived at around 7. He then changed the (admittedly very dirty) furnace filter and the heater started right up. Then he showed me a bit of how the furnace works, showed me some rust in the burner enclosure (norma...

Description of Work
Furnace troubleshooting / repair

Cost $170.64

Work Completed On 11/03/2019

05/03/2019

The furnace was making a terrible rattling noise intermittently when the blower motor turned on. I called them Saturday morning, and they said they would arrive between 4pm and 6pm that day. They called at 5pm and said they would be there in 30 minutes. They were right on schedule. By the time he got here, the blower had fixed itself and it was no longer making noise, so he could not easily diagno...

Description of Work
inspection / repair of furnace blower / motor

Work Completed On 04/27/2019

03/15/2019

They were called on the basis of an annual service contract I purchased for approx. $275. Besides annual maintenance and cleaning, the contracts buys priority in answering emergency calls. All fine and well. My complaint has to do with the exorbitant overcharges for replacing a $25 furnace igniter and their service manager's response when I called to complain about the final bill of $350 for what ...

Description of Work
The igniter on gas furnace burned out and needed to be replaced.

Cost $349.92

Work Completed On 02/22/2019

Air conditioning, indoor air quality, duct cleaning, attic insulation, green solutions & water heaters.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check