DOM'S LANDSCAPING

Founded 1962 • With Angi since February 2006

141 Herricks Rd

New Hyde Park, NY 11040

Dom's Landscaping has been in business for over 50 yrs. Servicing the tri-state area from design conception to completion. Our staff of over 30 employee's will treat you and your home with the same respect we treat our own thinking of your needs every step of the way....

05/29/2018

Jacqueline C.

I used their sister company, Integrity Masonry to do the work and the work was excellent. They were very professional, came everyday (weather permitting) until the work was done. We didn't have to chase after them. They did a really great job and we were very pleased with the work. It came out better than we expected.

Description of Work
We needed our driveway, front steps, and sidewalk redone as well as a drain we needed in the backyard in front of our garage.

Category decks,concrete driveways,masonry,driveway pavers

04/11/2017

Dana C.

I was unable to obtain services from this provider. They should indicate they only service the Nassau areas on their website and on Angie's List.

Description of Work
I contacted the company to schedule a free estimate. The female representative who answered the phone stated they do little work in Queens, and mostly provides services throughout the Nassau neighborhoods. If someone is interested in obtaining services and paying you, why would you turn down completing a free estimate for " a little bit of work?" So now we choose which project should be scheduled instead of providing exceptional customer service? I can understand if their company can not provide services in the Queens area due to a license restriction, but unfortunately that was not the case. If it was, the representative should have communicated that. I wanted an estimate for a landscaping project for a new home I purchased. Mind you I live in Laurelton, which is in Queens but border line Nassau. According to google maps it is 25 minutes away from their local office. I am shocked and disappointed with their response. I was looking forward to obtaining an estimate, due to the great reviews and beautiful before and after pictures posted on their website.

Category landscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed], I apologize for the miss communication with this. We do not perform weekly maintenance in Queens as it would not be cost effective for either one of us. As far as landscaping projects we do go to Queens sometime when a prospect call here they say they want a landscaping estimate and they really mean a maintenance estimate. If we could still be of service please feel free to message me back on the message board and I will make sure that the girls contact you promptly. Regards Phil

01/13/2016

Louis L.

Description of Work
Great efficient work using them again

05/10/2015

Margaret R.

01/21/2015

Donna C.

Description of Work
Lawn and groundskeepkng

Category decks,landscaping,masonry,hardscaping

09/14/2013

Bernadette F.

Contacted them on 09/06/13. They never got back to me! No integrity!

Description of Work
Landscaping

07/02/2013

Joshua P.

We recently hired Dom's and this was their first visit. The work was immaculate and while I have heard some say their prices are high, you get what you pay for. When you factor in curb appeal to the value of your home, I think the quality is worth the cost. We look forward to their weekly visits and continuing this relationship.

Description of Work
It was a thorough cutting, trimming and removal of a dead tree stump and a thorny bush. In addition, they cleaned our gutters and cleared all down spouts.

Category gutter cleaning,landscaping,tree service

03/10/2013

Daniel D.

Phil, the owner, initially came to provide an estimate for the services we desired. Phil himself warned me they were not the least expensive service provider. I let him know we had no problem paying a bit more for services from a provider that we could count on, services being performed as promised/expected. Phil gave me a preliminary estimate for the yard work and lawn treatments, which I accepted. He said he would send a contract for me to sign and return. Phil also said that he had someone for masonry work he would send to prepare an estimate for that. We had no issues with the services from Dom's Landscaping throughout spring/summer/early fall. (Except that the contract was never received (I suspect it was never sent), and the masonry estimate was also never received). Whenever I received a statement payment was sent to Dom's within 3-5 days after receiving the invoice. The end of the year was a bit different. We received an invoice dated 11/30/12 indicating, amongst other itemized charges, and quot;Leaf Cleaning - 11/12/12 - NOTES: Leaf Cleaning for the month of November - $150.00T Final clean-up - 11/21/12 - NOTES: Final cleanup in December, all leaves and debris will be removed and lawn areas will be cut, all walkways, patios, decks and driveways will be blown. Lime will be applied - $150.00Tand quot; I called Phil to inquire on a few things, he was not available to take my call so I left questions with his office: 1. How was I being charged for a December Final Clean-Up that was performed on November 21? 2. Why was there a leaf-cleaning performed on 11/12 when there were no leaves to be cleaned? Super-storm Sandy had blown virtually all leaves from our 43'x43' rear yard, driveway and tiny side and front yards and only a few small branches were left behind that were cleaned up by us prior to 11/12. I also mentioned that his people didn't even perform all expected services as some ornamental grass was never trimmed (as a notice received prior to the fall clean-up had mentioned would be performed). 3. With no leaves or debris present on 11/12, and Dom's crew being aware of that fact, why did they return on 11/21 for a final (unnecessary) clean-up, still leaving the ornamental grass untrimmed? About two weeks later, on December 13th 2012, Phil found the time to return my call, early in the morning while I was preparing for work such that I missed his call, although he did leave a message. His message failed to address the ornamental grass, failed to address the close dates between the two clean-ups of an already clean yard, failed to address the billing for services occurring on 11/21 labeled as a December final clean-up. Phil's message did immediately mention that his crew had no way to know the yard was already clean and that had I called they would have skipped the clean-up (a valid point I admit) and that as per the contract that I signed, I was obligated to pay. I returned his call around lunch time, and again he was not available to take my call. The message I left agreed that I should have called to indicate that leaf cleaning, and any clean-up for that matter, was not necessary. However I did reiterate the unaddressed questions and mentioned that I never signed a contract so there were no contractual obligations, and never an estimate for the masonry work I was interested in. Phil did not return that call/message from me until early February 2013 when he called and I answered and he simply mentioned the outstanding balance due from the 11/30/12 invoice. I explained that since I received no response to my prior call/message that I had not paid, in the hopes that he would call. After again reiterating my issues he indicated something about and quot;Quickbooksand quot; being the problem with the invoice and service dates not matching up with the descriptions and dates being so close together, etc. He claimed I did sign a contract, which I challenged him to produce one containing my signature. He countered that I had called him about not receiving the contract and he sent me another one which I should have received, signed and returned, and he apologized for no masonry estimate as he didn't know what happened. In the end, I told him I was not disputing anything except the charges for he unnecessary cleanup only a few days after the first cleanup where his crew saw there was nothing to clean.

Description of Work
We chose Dom's Landscaping to perform cleanups (of our 90' x 44' yard) for spring & fall and to treat the lawn from spring to late fall with all needed chemicals (fertilizer, weed control, seeding, etc.). We did not need them for lawn cutting, just the other services. Also, we were interested in some light masonry work, specifically re-pointing between the slates of our 15' long front walk & stoop.

02/19/2013

GIANNA A.

The landscaping was $5000. They showed up when they were supposed to and the manager was always onsite. They were reliable and they did good work. I'm going to use them again for some more landscaping. I was very happy with them. They were not the cheapest or the most expensive. They were very responsive.

Description of Work
I used Dom's Landscaping for landscaping in October and he did masonry work in September. They did regrading and planted three evergreens. They redid the driveway, porch and part of the back patio.

Category decks,landscaping,masonry,tree service,hardscaping,patios

01/23/2013

Guy D.

They are good, but they are expensive. So I am going to investigate other landscapers before the season begins. The work is wonderful. The people who come to do the service are really delightful. They are just delightful. They do their job and they answer questions, and they are polite and courteous. There is nothing about them that isn't delightful. The price is the biggest problem. It would be hard to judge them, because it is only maybe the second company that I've used. So it is going to be hard for me to grade them against other companies. I don't really know. I can only tell you what I've experienced with them, but I can't say they are well compared to this or that. I think they are really overpriced, but again I really won't know until I investigated other landscapers. I am considering using another company, but I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I have been using Dom's Landscaping. It was for general mowing and clean up - a spring clean up. Weekly mowing during the season, fertilizing and trimming the bushes once. No real extras. They are very expensive.

05/31/2012

susan S.

They always come at the same time and clean up after themselves. Their prices are a little above-average but their service is worth it. They are polite and do a very good job.

Description of Work
I use Dom's Landscaping for landscaping and tree service. They come once every week.

02/14/2006

THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL. THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS A LONG TIME AND THEY DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. I'VE BEEN USING THEM FOR ABOUT TEN YEARS AND I AM ALWAYS SATISFIED WITH THEIR WORK.

Description of Work
THEY CUT GRASS AND TREAT IT.

ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only.

Allied Chimney

Family owned and operated for over 20 years! Providing unparalleled customer service and quality workmanship for over in the New York Metro area, Long Island and Connecticut. Call us today for an immediate response!

Offers by Allied Chimney	 on Angi
    Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

We offer landscape plans to insure that the job is done to your specification when we are installing your paver patio, sod, sprinklers, landscape lighting, retaining walls, brick veneer, shrubs, mulch, pond and waterfall. We are your one stop full service company.