A Palmieri Landscaping Company Inc.

Founded 1980 • With Angi since January 2006

CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF BEAUTY AND EXCELLENCE!!• Award Winning Service • A+ BBB Rating • Since 1980, A Palmieri Landscaping has remained a Locally Owned & Family Operated Landscaping Company Proudly Serving Westchester and The Bronx for their Landscaping & General Contracting needs for over 35 Years! • From the simple to the spectacular, you can rely on our knowledge and experience to enhance the beauty and increase the functionality and value of your property! • No job too big or small! • Well Established Local Reputation - Choose a company you can trust! • Call (914)699-2257 for FREE Estimate or to Schedule an Appointment! • DCP License #: WC03530-H91....

Residential Landscaping Services

+9 more images

4.2

4.4

4.1

lawn & landscaping (51)lawn care (29)driveway pavers (19)concrete repair (10)hardscaping (8)masonry (8)mulch delivering (6)tree service (5)snow removal (4)stone & gravel (4)irrigation system (3)concrete driveways (3)

03/03/2021

Shaun D.

Look no further than Palmieri Landscaping for all your landscaping and general contracting needs. Landscaping services rendered are impeccable, so no customer is left unsatisfied. As for general contracting, Palmieri will redefine customers’ proposed ideas to greater heights always leaving customers impressed with the final results. I am thoroughly pleased by Palmieri’s operations and the company’s ongoing devotion to customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Landscaping and General Contracting Services

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, snow removal, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We look forward to providing service to you in the near future.

12/09/2020

Lauren D.

My husband and I have been using AP for years and have never heard one complaint. They are always on time, professional and reasonably priced! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 12/08/2020

It has been our pleasure to be of service to your wonderful family, Happy Holidays!

12/08/2020

ashlee P.

I hired Palmieri back in May, after calling to receive my free estimate, i got my contract within the week and was able to have service by the following week. They end their season in November and I must say I am very pleased with the work the men provided on a weekly basis. I will definitely be continuing my services with them for the following season as well as snow removal for the winter season.

Description of Work
weekly maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service, home builders

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Thank you, We are so glad to hear that you were satisfied with our weekly lawn maintenance for the year. We look forward to servicing you in 2021. Stay safe and well.

12/08/2020

Christina D.

I called the company and they were pleasant to speak to. They set me up with a free estimate. I agreed and within a week they were out to my home. They were professional and did a wonderful job. Thank you

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning, sprinkler winterization

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, home builders

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

Thank you for being such a wonderful customer, If there is anything else we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to ask!

08/31/2020

Rafael V.

I have used this Company in the past so I was already impressed by them, when I decided to go ahead with this job, I called them and they were very responsive since the start. The job went very well. Trees look great and I can't wait to see what they will look like in the next few years. Workers showed up early and were very efficient. They really worked hard to clear some large roots and countless rocks that were underground. The price was fair and probably low with respect to the amount of labor which was probably unexpected. I dealt with Mr. Palmieri directly. He really is a pleasure to deal with. Hope to work with this Company again! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Provide and install 6 Arborvitae (8 - 10 ft. tall) privacy trees.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy to hear that you are completely satisfied with the work that was [Member Information Removed]. We do aim to keep our prices as low as possible. Mr. Palmieri said it was a pleasure speaking and working with you directly - please feel free to contact us again in the future. Stay safe and well!

07/31/2020

Michael V.

Job was completed on time ,Owner Anthony was present on the job site from beginning to end, The cleanup of debris was hauled away ,and Broom swept clean. I would highly recommend A Palmieri landscaping .

Description of Work
Asphalt resealing ,Planting of 25 Evergreen Shrubs for Privacy .

Category landscaping, mulch, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

Thank you so much for your great review. We are so pleased to hear that you are completely satisfied with the job that we performed. It was our pleasure to work for you and we look forward to working with you in the future! Stay safe and Be well

07/11/2020

Ciara B.

I asked for weeds to be removed in my backyard and grass to be put down.

Description of Work
I asked for a pretty simple task and these men came here and gave did the complete opposite of what I asked! They have planted different weeds than what u had to begin with, there are huge plants that are growing in my backyard that are almost taller than me. They reassured me numerous times that they were planting grass down. I even emailed them with pictures and complained about the job and Anthony the manager told me to give it a couple weeks to see how everything grows in. Well I waited and I hate! I made it clear that I wanted a nice garden with grass so I can take my daughter and elderly grandmother out for air during this pandemic. I am a single mom and these men took full blown advantage of me and the situation and did not do what they promised! I will take legal action or report this issue to the better business bureau if this is not corrected promptly ! They put down mulch and the weeds are growing through the mulch ! How disgusting is this! I could have kept my money and the previous weeds that I had in my back yard for all this!

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

The customer reached out to us and asked for an estimate. She asked for a clean up of the property. We cleaned up the property, which had not been tended to in several years, trimmed the front hedge and removed weeds from the front plant beds. We added red mulch to the front beds, per request. We did an aeration of existing weeds, lawn, and soil on existing property. We added seed, lime, and fertilizer - along with top dressing of peat moss. We never told the customer that we were putting in a new lawn, we worked with existing materials. The job was completed, we do have before and after pictures. The customer called after she saw the large vegetation cut down and removed because she noticed a lot of rock and debris that was in the existing soil. At no additional charge, we returned and tried to clean up some of the rock / debris that was never preciously seen due to the vegetation being 6-7 ft. in height. After the customer called us after a few weeks to let us know she actually wanted a lawn in the back, our foreman wrote her a contract that would give her just that. Our original contract never specified putting in a new lawn. We did exactly as the contract stated. We went above and beyond to try to please the customer. We would be more than happy to speak to her attorney to show before and after photos. The attorney may have a better understanding of what is going on. We have been in business for over 40 years, which is why we put everything in writing, so that there are no misunderstandings. We are very sorry that the customer is not satisfied. However, no where in the contract did we state that she would have a brand new lawn (say- fresh sod) - As noted, an aeration is NOT a new lawn - it is working with existing materials and the customer needs to maintain property thereafter. The property now has not been maintained by the customer, which is the direct reason why the vegetation is AGAIN growing out of control.

06/18/2019

Ernest P.

Worked with estimator to come up with estimate. I have been meeting with several paving companies and have a good idea of the work that is required and how much it should cost. While the estimator has been professional and responsive the estimate was wildly more expensive than every other proposal. Most estimates for the work we need is in the $8K to $10K range which is an acceptable range. Palmieri provided a quote for $21K. Not only that but the quote was for less quality. All proposals provide for base foundation of 4 to 6 inches of base and 3 inches of asphalt. Palmieri provide for only 2 inches of base and 2 inches of asphalt. Keep all of this in mind when reviewing any proposal. Not competitive pricing after multiple discussions to be clear on what they would deliver.

Description of Work
Driveway repaving

Category driveway pavers

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

Good afternoon, we apologize if our price was out of your desired price range. We aim to keep our prices as low as possible. In the future, feel free to call directly to speak to the owner and let him know your hesitations or questions about cost. There is always a possibility something could be worked out that way. Thank you

11/12/2018

Ricki G.

Great. They were very accommodating and made sure to be in touch as the job was getting done.

Description of Work
Front stairs repaired

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

Thank you very much for your A rating. We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the work that was provided. If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to ask!

10/08/2018

Donna R.

The work was good. I was satisfied but there were a few things that weren't quite up to par

Description of Work
Added topsoil to flower beds, planted some plants and laid stones in the flower beds and also did some masonry around a step and along a wall

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

Thank you for your review, We appreciate the A rating. If there is any thing we can do to further satisfy you and this job, please call us and we will do our best to rectify for you. 914 699 2257

10/02/2018

DONNA L.

My neighbor accross the street has him as his gardener and every Monday when their crew comes, they blow it all over the streets and they do not clean after themselves. They are very disrespectful. I called today and I report it to the main office. It possible to give them even lower grades. This has been going on since around April. And this also happened last year.

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

Hello, We did receive a phone call from Ms. [Member Name Removed]. She is not a customer of ours, but her neighbor is. The owner went by her property to take a look at what was going on. Of course, it is the fall and heavy leafs are falling and make build up. Regardless, we did our best to alleviate the situation and we sent a crew to blow her yard free of charge. We also told our men to be extra careful. Please call our office if you would like to directly speak to Mr. Palmieri.

09/26/2018

Neal F.

Once we were finally able to coordinate a time and date for service, the work was done in a fine manner.

Description of Work
Pruning plants, bushes and small trees.

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

Thank you so very much for your review. We do have a process here at our company for insurance purposes. We get the phone call from the potential client, we come out take a look at the property and take pictures, we send out the estimate via mail, if the client agrees they sign it and send it back (with a deposit if required,) and then we call the client to schedule the job. We apologize if it took longer than anticipated but are happy to hear you are happy with the work.

08/15/2018

Karen H.

We needed maintenance for our recently purchased home, which included cleanup of hedges, removal of dead and stray bushes, and mulch placed in all flower beds. The Services was quick, thorough, and professional. Formal contract signed in advance of work done. We will use them again. The only negative was the communication when actually trying to schedule the service.

Description of Work
Yard maintenance

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

Thank you so much for your A review. If there is any future work we can do for you please do not hesitate to ask. Enjoy your new home!

08/06/2018

Levi A.

Anthony and the Palmieri team did an awesome job. Despite changing my mind a couple of times, Anthony patiently came to my house to ensure we were on the same page. Laura was very accommodating and was able to get the project done expeditiously. Rosendo and the workers were very cordial, prompt and quiet in the morning. Looking forward to working with them in the future.

Description of Work
Small landscape job.

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you so very much for that wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to come on Angie's List to do so. Please give us a call if there is any future work we can do for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

06/20/2018

Toby B.

The three men that did the work were absolutely fantastic, totally organized , doing the exact job I requested. I am genuinely impressed with the professional , seamless quality of this company. Thank you Angie's list for providing this company . I will absolutely use them again, They receive a grade of A++

Description of Work
My hedges yard needed a complete "neatening" up ,

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Hello! What a wonderful review. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this. If there is any more work that we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you!

12/11/2017

Rosalyn F.

I wasn't too happy with this company. First off, I always had a hard time reaching Ralph. He did call back sometimes but other times, he didn't and I would have to call and leave another message for him. The work done wasn't very good. They did not dig deep enough, it only looks like they skimmed a bit off the top and put the pea gravels on. So when you step on the pea gravel, it doesn't take much to move it aside and you will already see the soil. Also, in the backyard, it was the same problem, that it wasn't dug deep enough and so the rocks are higher than the concrete next to it and every time it rains or is windy, the rocks fly out onto the concrete and I have to sweep it back with a broom. Unfortunately, I will have to hire someone else to fix the issues.

Description of Work
Landscaping in the backyard and the side yard.

Work Completed On 10/03/2017

Hello and thank you for your review. As you know, we did come back to the property the day after we finished the work to have a holly bush removed from the backyard (along with a couple of stumps), since you called and requested it to be done. We also returned on a later date to handle other concerns you may have had. We were under the impression all issues were addressed, and we did our best to do so! We are sorry for the late response, but we have been on winter / holiday hours and did not see this until now. We called you on 3/9/18 at 12:26pm and left a voicemail to let you know we would be more than happy to come rectify any issues you may have. Please call us at 914 699 2257 and provide us with a punch list, and we would be more than happy, as always, to help! Thank you and hope this helps.

08/08/2017

Christine V.

The gentlemen who arrived were completely professional, extremely thorough, and did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
I needed initial clean-up of my completely overgrown back and front lawns. Weekly maintenance will follow.

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

Thank you again for your wonderful review! We really appreciate it AND the phone call. The workers are so happy to know you are satisfied with their work. We look forward to working for you!

05/01/2017

Limarys C.

John and his assistant were so hardworking and did a beautiful job. Ralph worked with us when there were unexpected issues with rocks in the soil. They left everything clean and orderly when they finished. I am already looking into hiring them again for more work.

Description of Work
We had a retaining wall and stone steps put in. Part of the yard had to be leveled.

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

We very much appreciate your "A" review. We are so glad that you are happy with the work that has been done. We look forward to working with you again in the future and helping your dreams become reality!

02/04/2017

Crystal G.

They were on time, friendly and did a great job. It did not take long. They are not in existence anymore, but if they were I would use them again.

Description of Work
They did a yard cleanup.

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

Hello, thank you so much for your A rating. We really appreciate the kind words and are so happy that you had a pleasant experience with us. We would like you to know that we are absolutely still in business, and have been for nearly 40 years! If you would like any help in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you

10/04/2016

Kashon D.

I loved the work the company performed. They came early and finished the work in a day. They were very professional and I would not hesitate to contact them again.

Description of Work
Prepared, removed and replaced old coping with limestone coping. Installed 22 ft of belgium black. Removed existing plants and shrubs and replaced it with new shrubs.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/27/2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We very much appreciate it. We are so glad that you enjoy the work that we performed and are satisfied with the final touches! If there is any thing at all that we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful day and enjoy!

07/18/2016

Eli D.

It went AWESOME! Mr. Palmieri gave me a great estimate for my driveway replacement. The work began as promised and finished as expected. I monitored every step of the way - the workers were fast and neat. They did a great job. Ralph, the supervisor was AWESOME. After the job was done, he took the time to patiently answer my questions which included dos & don'ts for the post installation and years to come.

Description of Work
Asphalt Driveway.

Category landscaping, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 07/16/2016

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We are SO pleased to hear that you are fully satisfied with our work. It truly means a lot to us when a customer writes such a great review. We take our job very seriously and we take pride in our work. We hope that we can do work for you again in the future. If there is anything at all if you should ever need, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again. Have a wonderful day, and enjoy your new driveway! Take care.

07/12/2016

joan M.

Excellent! The yard hasn't looked so good in years. Service is punctual, crew is fast and professional, no problems.

Description of Work
(Late) Spring yard cleanup + weekly maintenance.