TRI COUNTY BUILDING SVC & DEV

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

Tri County Building Services Corp. is a residential and commercial construction company that has been creating extraordinary spaces for many years. From building a home, to kitchen & bath renovations, additions, roofs, siding and stone front exteriors, masonry, decks and driveways, our quality workmanship has earned us a reputation as a premiere contractor. We specialize in renovations, add-ons, and remodeling. We are experts in our field and our projects are always completed in a timely and neat manner!...

Whole Home Renovation of an English Tudor

+7 more images

masonry (28)roofing (18)home remodeling (9)interior painting (7)chimney repair (7)window replacement (7)general contractors (7)house painting (6)siding companies (6)drywall (5)basement remodeling (4)decks & porches (4)

08/27/2019

Nick

Full demo inside/bath/kitchen/laundry

Description of Work
N/A

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, insulation, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

12/18/2018

Cari H.

Very well. Roof looks great.....any issues were resolved. Most importantly, the owner was in touch all through the project and the timetable was accurate. Efficient work was completed and result appears to be excellent.

Description of Work
Old roof removed, and new one installed

Work Completed On 12/17/2018

03/01/2018

Peter S.

I had a leak in my kitchen downstairs. Since it happened after an intense rainstorm, I called Rich and he sent a team right away. They came to take a look the same day (Friday), and came by Saturday morning to fix the issue. While up there, they replaced any missing shingles, patched whatever needed to be patched, and left the roof in general good order. Fantastic experience.

Description of Work
New vent pipe

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

10/10/2017

brian C.

The work was done fast and professionally done and they cleaned up behind themselves very well.

Description of Work
Three chimneys were cleaned and pointed. caps on chimneys were repaired and two copper flashings were installed.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

09/15/2017

Robert B.

Excellent. Very happy with the job end result.

Description of Work
Replaced copper valley between slate roofs.

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

09/07/2016

Mary D.

Excellent! They did a wonderful job from start to finish! Looks beautiful! Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
New chimney

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/16/2016

05/26/2016

Robert B.

very professional and excellent work completed. Very happy with the end result.

Description of Work
repoint areas of chimney at roof line, installed copper flashing

Category roofing, chimney repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/11/2016

02/27/2016

Mary D.

Robert was great. He came out to check our chimney and got back to us with the cost and time to complete the work. We had a unique situation and was very attentive to it which we were very grateful. His men came out and did a beautiful job we are very pleased with the outcome. We even had a problem with an internal stack and he replaced that as well. We are extremely happy with the entire job, his workers, the cleanup, the final outcome. We were very impressed. We will definitely use his company again in the near future.

Description of Work
Replaced chimney.

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 02/20/2016

Review for TRI COUNTY BUILDING SVC & DEV - 2001 PALMER AVE, Larchmont, NY - 31352869

08/23/2014

Patrick H.

After thorough research on houz and Angie's list, Richard from tri county had the best combination of examples of great work he had done and good pricing for the quality of work. He was knowledgeable, easy to communicate with and very passionate about his work. Because of changes/time delays we did not end up using him at this time, but nonetheless we would highly recommend and would definitively work with him in future.

Description of Work
Home renovation

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/23/2014

08/18/2014

Mary K.

I couldntreally see that well, I have a two family house, my son told me they did a very nice job.

Description of Work
they fixed my attic window, surrounding area

Category contractors, masonry, replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/10/2014

08/11/2014

Betty V.

Rich was great to deal with and very responsive to my phone calls. I would use his company again.

Description of Work
They put in two skylights.

Category electrician, skylights

Work Completed On 06/20/2014

08/04/2014

Ramazan M.

They did a great job. They came on Wednesday and did most of the work, all that was left was for them to come back on Friday to sand, prime and paint. Very neat, cleaned up after themselves and took all the debris.

Description of Work
Removed an air conditioner in my wall. Filled the opening with brick and mortar on the outside and frame, sheet rock, and insulated the opening from the inside.

Category drywall, insulation, masonry

Work Completed On 07/23/2014

Thank you for choosing our company. It was a pleasure to work with you. Best, Richard

07/31/2014

Jeff W.

I got the contact information from Angies list because I was looking to side my home. I spoke with the owner Mr. Richard Sassond the week of 6/23 about what I wanted to do and he said that he would contact me to arrange a meeting. With no appointment made a few of his people came to my home on 7/4 to do the measuring. Coincidentally I was home and spoke with them briefly to help them develop a proposal I don' t remember if the owner called me or I followed up with the owner after his people took all the measurements but we arranged a meeting for 7/11 between 3-4. Having the information from his people I thought that the owner was coming to show my wife and myself samples(siding panals and colors) to look at plus hoping he had a quote for the job. I have no idea why he came, what was the purpose of the meeting if you came with nothing. Remember why I wanted him to come, to discuss siding my home. The first words out of his mouth when he introduced himself was I saw your roof and it should be replaced. My wife and myself looked at each other as to say what an idiot, especially since my roof is angled in such a way that you can't see it from the street He proceeded to say that he was going to email me 7-8 pictures of work that he had done Today is 7/31 and I never received any emails or heard from him again I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS GUY TO ANYONE iIF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SDPEAK WITH ME ABOUT THIS MY CELL IS 917-696-3991 Thanks Jeff

Description of Work
SEE BELOW

Category masonry

Work Completed On 07/11/2014

First off – please let me apologize that you felt your initial experience with Tri County was not a desirable one. Tri County has been successfully pleasing our customers for more that 2 decades. We pride ourselves on providing the best quality service to our customers. So much so, that at times we are often inundated with requests to look at jobs and do our best to meet with everyone who reaches out to us. That being said, the interpretation that you presented is not fully truthful and I am insulted considering that we spent time working with you to develop a plan to improve your home. As I remember, and I have notes verifying this, you asked us to come take a look at the residence to which I responded that I would send a job site evaluator to your home to take measurements. Since the work being done was on the exterior it was not necessary for a homeowner to be present, however when we called to confirm the time and date we would be sending someone, we did speak to you and confirmed that you were aware that someone was coming to take a look at the property to compile an estimate. Allow me to refresh your memory here Mr. Weckstein -- after the initial evaluation of the property, I followed up with you by telephone and arranged a time to meet with you and review the scope of the project and the photographs of prospective replacement siding and trim (which were emailed to you twice ---on July 1, 2014 & July 7, 2014). If you recall, you were undecided on what type of siding you wanted to go with. It would be impossible for me to bring all of the potential material samples to the meeting until you narrowed it down to a few. Typically, I recommend that my clients visit a supplier – one of which I would have happily recommended - and take a look for themselves. When we meet, I suggested you look at your roof because as I was walking up to the house I noticed you had 3-tab shingles on the roof. You may want to consider replacing as the blow off with winds at approximately 60 miles per hour and if you wanted to replace, you should use Architectural shingles that withstand 130-mile winds. If you Google your address, Mr. Weckstein, you can clearly see the roof from the street. I meant no disrespect with my suggestion but thought that it would be more prudent to consider this work before the siding replacement. Upon the end of our conversation, and I took very clear notes on this, you advised me that you would be entering the hospital for surgery and would be in touch with us upon your recovery. I hope that your surgery was successful and wish you the best of luck and health. To be respectful of your recovery, I was waiting for you to get back in touch with us when you wished to proceed, if at all. Finally, this does not even warrant a response but I think it is unbecoming to refer to someone as an idiot who took time out of their day to come and look at your home and provide advise that more than two decades of experience has afforded me. I would hope that you would be more appreciative and provide me with the same respect that I afforded you. Regards, Richard

06/28/2014

Timothy O.

We came home after very heavy rains to a puddle of water in our bathroom. We discovered it was coming from our chimney. It was about 8:30pm at night and the rain was still coming down in sheets. We called Richard at Tri County and he called us back immediately that evening. We told him what was wrong and he said he will come out the next day as soon as the rain subsides. He did this while we were at work and repaired the flashing and stopped the leak. The chimney was also in need of repointing, so he gave us a fair quote and said he would come back to do the work. He came back a week or so later and did the job. We are very pleased with his work, responsiveness, and professionalism. We are planning on having him come back and help us with other projects and hope we can work together very soon!

Description of Work
Chimney repair (fixed flashing and later on he returned to repoint the chimney)

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/08/2014

Thank you for choosing our company. It was a pleasure to assist you with your chimney. Best, Richard

06/23/2014

Louis M.

It was done very well and professionally.

Description of Work
Brick pointing, removal of crumbling wall that was rebuilt and painted.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 06/02/2012

12/20/2013

Ruth S.

Responded on a weekend, came promptly, repaired comptently and was pleasant to work with. Price was appropriate.

Description of Work
responded to emergency leaking roof issue.

Work Completed On 12/07/2013

11/01/2013

eugene O.

It went well. The job was completed over one weekend. They thoroughly cleaned up remaining items left on Monday. They were quick and were thorough. They replaced roof which was over thirty years old on colonial home. They located problem areas under the roof and fixed as well. Also new copper flashing installed where roof meets chimney. Also put up a shutter for me that came down last year in hurricane (no extra charge). The price of $7500 seemed reasonable compared to other estimates. They came in lower than other estimate I had done.

Description of Work
Replaced roof on colonial house including lower extension. Repaired flashing by chimney and also repaired wood damage where necessary under roof.

Category masonry, roofing, siding, chimney repair

Work Completed On 10/26/2013

10/30/2013

Benjamin Y.

I'd gotten bids from several contractors for the job. Tricounty was not the cheapest (although they were competitive), but seemed likely to give the best value. And we scaled the job down to meet my budget. The job was slightly delayed by weather (we all agreed that working in the rain was a bad idea). However, once working, the job was done quickly and efficiently, and the results look really good. At one point, the contractor suggested an alternative way to do things, which would cost more. However, it was entirely my choice as to whether to go with the more expensive path, or to stick to the original estimate. At the end, we reviewed the work done, and found two very minor problems. They were fixed within hours. And the final bill was exactly what I'd expected.

Description of Work
There was lots of repointing and repairing brick and stone walls and staircases. Also, a porch needed sealing, and a metal staircase needed replacement.

Category decks, masonry

Work Completed On 10/29/2013

09/24/2013

Claudia A.

We recently closed on our new home and relocated from out of state so at the time the house was empty. We wanted to remove an interior wall that separated the family room to the kitchen are before we moved in. We gave Tri-County very short notice but they were able to accommodate us in their schedule and complete the job in a week! The team kept the area very clean and organized. We thought it was going to be an easy job but to find out the wall that we wanted to demolish was holding up the second and had a lot of electrical wires hidden which caused a bit more work. Tri-County and it's team were able to add an additional beam for support and take care of all the electrical issues. Over all was very pleased with their work and the result of my living area.

Description of Work
Demo of a wall that divided the family room to the kitchen/kitchenette.

Category contractors, drywall, excavators, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/23/2013

09/05/2013

A BARRETT S.

Initial response was friendly but scheduling visit was long and grew opaque. Mgr, said his men would come and do test digging into foundation and gave estimate of hourly cost--but then no one showed.

Description of Work
Asked for estimate on repairing foundation leaks in basement

Category masonry, siding

Work Completed On 07/20/2013

We apologize that we could not find a mutual agreeable time. We at Tri-County have been fortunate to be busy year round and occasionally an initial scheduling can sometimes fall through the cracks, as we are a small administrative team and especially during the summer there can be scheduling conflicts with the crew’s vacation time. We would be happy to speak further about this issue and to make right of the situation by coming in to find out what is causing the leak in your basement. Please feel free to call or email us if you would like to work together. Thank you again for your patience and we hope that one can appreciate the good faith knowledge that we provided in letting you know that a foundation repair of your home was unnecessary.

09/05/2013

John L.

It went very well. Quality of work was very high. Was able to get the work done in a timely fashion, including working on weekends and late at night.

Description of Work
Installed a dishwasher in kitchen. Put up new wall to separate one bedroom into two. Installed wiring and hung two TV's on wall.

Category electrician, masonry, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/30/2013

08/06/2013

Prem K.

We contacted Tri County Building Services for remodeling / finish of an attic that was left incomplete after original construction. It is a medium size space and we thought it has a lot of potential. We decided to use Tri County because of the positive reviews on Angie's List. Richard, the owner of the business, showed up on time for our appointment. We walk him through the space that we would like to make into a livable space and give him a rough idea of our expectation. He gives us some of his professional advice and tips and we decided on the plan for the space thereafter. His guys showed up on time to commence the project, they were professional and also “very” trustworthy. We would carry on with our normal work life and return home and it would be as no one was ever there. They clean their work environment at the end of each work day to make this possible. During the process: While performing the attic work as originally intended, a few problems surfaces that were not planned for, our roof which was done approx. 9 years ago by another vendor was leaking around the chimney. Richard had his guys inspected the roof and chimney and recommended to replace the front side of the roof as there were nail heads protruding from the shingles and that the chimney do have cracks showing up on the surface. He gives us his professional advice once again to just replace the front roof where the problem was at its most. (He could have said that we would have to replace the entire roof, which to the integrity of the company, Richard did not do). I ask him if I can used his company as he was already onsite to fixed these issues, he say no problem that he will take care of it for me. His guys once again did a good job and I'm hoping that this solve the issues. End product: We are completely satisfied with the end product. Richard transformed our “livable space” into a family space, this include the original project and the subsequent projects. He has a great professional team whose conduct is impeccable. We would most certainly recommend Richard for any of your projects and are happy to share Pre & Post pictures of the work done. Best Regards Prem.

Description of Work
Attic, roof and chimney

Category masonry, remodeling, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 08/05/2013

Dear [member name removed], Thank you for your review of our company. We at Tri County found you and your family to be a delight to work for. By the time our work was finished, you made us feel as if we were family. Thank you for the pleasure to work for you.