The Home Depot

Founded 1979 • With Angi since May 2005

4.1

7881 W Tropical Pkwy

Las Vegas, NV 89149

Cost is determined by the job....

06/30/2014

James H.

I use them quite a bit for sinks, cabinets and some other stuff. I've had good experiences with them. They give a military discount. Being on time when they say they're going to be here is important to me. They've always been here either early or on time. I shopped around for price and theirs was good.

Description of Work
I had a stainless steel sink put in.

Category home remodeling

06/11/2014

Joseph J.

I went to home depot with my painters, I purchased 17 gallons of their paint, they matched my colors perfectly

Description of Work
provided and mixed paint for my painters

03/01/2013

Ronnie L W.

They were great. The job was excellent. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
The Home Depot came out to do the tile installation.

Category ceramic tile

09/10/2012

Michael E.

It worked out well. They helped me load it on my pick up truck.

Description of Work
Rented a tiller.

Category equipment rentals

02/27/2012

jessica F.

Their location is close to our home. It is gigantic and has everything you need. It is a very clean store. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable. They can be a little understaffed at lunch time.

Description of Work
I buy everything I need there for the house.

02/18/2012

Laura P.

I used the guys at the Home Depot to reface my kitchen cabinets. The team at home Depot was able to complete the task in just 2 days and they were able to use very high quality material. The workers were able to do a fantastic job and I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had some kitchen cabinent work done.

Category custom cabinets

01/30/2012

Fred L.

The Home depot set an inspection date to have the door measured and installed. The appointments were kept and the individuals were prompt. The work was done in a timely manner. The major problem that I have is with both Home Depot and their installer is that on the contract it said remove the old door and install the new one. After the door was installed I inspected the door and everything looked good. I then asked the installer if their was anything that I should know about and he said that there was not. The following day I went to the side of the house and saw the he had left the old doors, frame, the left over wood that he used to frame it in, the plastic carry handles from the new door and even the plastic wrap leaning against the side of the house. It required two calls the store before they called me back. On the first call the person in the window section said said the installer normally disposes of the doors. Sometimes they charge to remove it. He would have the expeditor call me back with an answer. On Monday after waiting until the afternoon I called them again I repeated my problem the person in the door section. They did call back within two hours this time. I was told that there was a $25.00 dollar carry way charge. I told the person that I had done installs in the past and did not charge for it and if there was a charge I would tell the customer up front. In this case There was nothing on the contract, the person who came out to measure the door or the installer said that here would be a charge. Also the installer never told me that he had left the doors leaning against the side of the house. An additional hidden charge. The product was good but, I suggest that if you have a good handyman have them install it instead of paying Home Depot the $600.00 they charged.

Description of Work
Purchase a new patio from Home Depot and had their installed replace the door at hte Tropical Park way store.

07/20/2011

Matt H.

I decided not to use Home Depot because of their high price.

Description of Work
I received an estimate on a kitchen remodel (cabinet refacing, new countertop & lighting) and was disappointed in the price and their limitations. The agent was professional & courteous, but didn't offer any expert opinions on design ideas. Their cabinet & countertop options are sufficient, but they were unable to fix the ceiling lighting. The most disappointing part was the price. Home Depot & Sears were a few thousand dollars more than the local companies ($15,000 vs 12,000). Also, the agents from the local companies are intimately familiar with the services they provide, unlike a big company agent who signs you up for service, but is not involved in the proccess. I recommend supporting local business and saving money.

Category countertops, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

03/17/2011

Robert K.

I trusted your recommendation.Went to Home Depot,placed and paid for the order.I don't remember the amount i paided,sorry.

Description of Work
This was a while back. Home Depot outsource this job.

Category carpet installation, water heater repair

12/02/2010

Sharon P.

We spent about $3500 on that work. There was a problem with one of them and they immediately recognized the problem. They reordered and were right in to fix it and we could not tell anything had been replaced or anything. They were very knowledgeable and were easy to deal with when there was a problem. When they had to reorder the materials, it took a long time, but once they were here, everything was done well.

Description of Work
We used The Home Depot in May 2009 and they did our countertops.

Category countertops

10/19/2010

GARY B.

The service was terrible. First of all, the earth-quake straps were not installed correctly, one came loose the next day. I called the next day. They found that the water line was not connected properly, a different technician found this. It took longer than normal to get a permit from the city for the installation. I called the city and they informed me the permit was issued when the company said they had not gotten it yet. It seems that the company would let the permits build up and pick them up once a week, which caused delayed installation. I would never use Home Depot for any installation of any product based on this experience. I wrote Home Depot's headquarters in Atlanta documenting all of the problems and never received a reply. The water heater has had no problems, just the installation was bad. Could've gotten a better price and better service outside of Home Depot.

Description of Work
I had purchased a hot water heater and they had sub-contracted the installation.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/22/2010

Ellen H.

They did a great job. Everything was handled in a timely fashion. The products that we have purchases have all worked well and work was done very carefully.

Description of Work
I used The Home Depot for kitchen and bathroom two years ago.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

06/22/2010

WILLARD K.

The price included the installation. They were punctual and professional. I would use the company again in the future.

Description of Work
The Home Depot put in a water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

06/10/2010

Bonnie S.

They did a fine job, no problems at all.

Description of Work
The Home Depot replaced some tile with a new counter top.

Category countertops

09/27/2007

JAMES J.

I was just pleased with the timeliness of the job. They were here when they said they were going to be here. They returned my phone calls if I had any questions. They were all extremely professional people and worked very hard. They took very few breaks. There was about 5 weeks before the job was totally complete, but they explained that to me so I expected it. I was satisfied with the length of time.

Description of Work
They contracted out the resurfacing of my cabinets in my kitchen, my two bathrooms and my laundry room. They installed granite countertops throughout my kitchen and two bathrooms. They installed all new sinks and faucets.

Category countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

05/18/2007

KIRSTIN L.

They actually came to my home and measured my windows three times, before they finally got my order right. I was not impressed with that at all. Come to find out that our order had fallen off the delivery truck's window and that is how they lost it the first time. The second time, they had forgotten to place the order and when I contacted them about it, they tried to pass the buck. Their communication with me was terrible. It seemed as though, nobody really knew what they were doing. They did finally get my order right and they are installed. I am impressed with the quality of the shutters and they did do a good job with the installation. The only reason that I would use them again, would be that they are the only dealer around here that carries Avalon shutters.

Description of Work
I had ordered Avalon wooden shutters for all of my windows through out my 2978 square foot home from them and they also installed them.

Category window treatments

05/18/2007

JANET C.

They did a very good job with the installation. They showed up right on time and where very courteous while in my home. I really can't recall what the price I paid was but it was competitive. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
I had them replace our 50 gallon hot water heater. They removed my old unit and disposed of it for me.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, home improvement stores

05/18/2006

Home Depot did a nice job on our carpet. They came out a couple of days after I purchased the carpet from them. The entire installation process went very smooth. I am really not sure of what the cost was however I do know it was good. I was happy with the entire process from buying to installing.

Description of Work
They installed carpet in our living room and dining room that we purchased from them.

Todd A.

Home Depot showed up in a timely manner to do their work. They installed the carpet properly and the carpet looked good. They did their work in a reasonable amount of time. There isn't anything about the installation I would change.

Description of Work
They installed carpet in my study.

05/18/2006

Home Depot showed up on time to do their work as scheduled. They installed the blinds perfectly and they were exactly what I had expected. The blinds they put up were of high quality and I was very satisfied with the work they did. It took them a good 3 hours to install the blinds. I'd go back to them again. I'm satisfied.

Description of Work
They installed blinds on 7 of my windows.

Category window treatments

Anna H.

Home Depot did a good job on our carpet. I didn't think it was anything spectacular, just kind of average. For the most part, they were helpful moving furniture around. The one thing they did really well was they got the exact measurements for the floors. The carpet fit perfectly. They did haul away the old carpet. I would not use them again as I would look for best price.

Description of Work
They removed our old carpet and installed new carpet in six rooms for me. They did the installation in the dining room, living room, family room, and three bedrooms.

Category carpet installation, home improvement stores

SANDY D.

This is the second time we have hired Home Depot for flooring work. They installed carpeting in our old house, so we knew they did a good job, not to mention the low price for the product. The crew was very well behaved, and tried to keep the house clean as they were doing the work. The installation took two days, and the flooring looks fantastic.

Description of Work
Home Depot installed laminate flooring in two rooms of our house. The original flooring had to be removed prior to installation.

Category flooring contractor

05/18/2006

Home Depot contracted our work out to be done. The people that did the work were very nice and knew what they were doing. They showed up on time and got the carpet done quickly. We were very satisfied with the work that they did as there were no visible seams to be found.

Description of Work
They installed carpet in my master bedroom. Our bedroom size is 16x20.

05/18/2006

Home Depot did a good job installing our carpet. We got the carpet we wanted and we have had no problems with loose spots or tears. They had a very reasonable price. I was frustrated with them because they didn't get the carpet installed until a month later than they had said it would be done. They kept on blaming it on a factory error.

Description of Work
They installed indoor/outdoor carpet on my front porch.

05/16/2006

KIM F.

I remember getting about six other quotes and my gosh, Home Depot, believe it or not was the cheapest of them all. I have never seen their work, but, I was kind of stuck with them because of the pricing. The carpet was included in the installation price which I thought was very good. The carpet however did turn out looking wonderful. I am very pleased and I am very happy I chose Home Depot for the project. I would not mind hiring them again. The people were great all the way from customer service to installation. I have no complaints at all.

Description of Work
Home Depot was hired to install carpeting in 7 rooms of my home. I cannot remember the exact footage of the rooms but they are rather large.

Splash Xprss

We take great pride in our experience, expertise, quality, and customer service that we provide to meet the consumers needs. It is our mission to provide excellent workmanship and complete customer satisfaction from start to completion of a project. In order to understand the needs and expectations of our customers, we take great care to work and communicate with every customer in a professional manner. Our reputation is based on service, safety, and quality, regardless of how large or small the job. We have consistently focused on the needs of our customers, providing personalized attention and a stress-free experience.

Kitchen Tune Up

Cabinet refacing. Cabinet refacing enables you to revitalize your kitchen with new doors, drawer fronts and matching veneer, while keeping your existing cabinet boxes. This creates a "new kitchen" look without the "new kitchen" price tag. In two to four days you can get a completely new look - subtle or dramatic. Wood reconditioning. Our unique, comprehensive wood reconditioning process (Tune-Up) makes woodwork look like new — in the kitchen and throughout your home or business. Quick and affordable, there’s no better way to revitalize your wood cabinetry. Three signs your cabinets might need reconditioning: There’s stubborn build-up on the wood, the stain/finish has worn away and lastly, there is minor damage to your cabinets. If the wood looks worn, but the cabinets don’t need to be replaced, reconditioning could be the right choice for you. Wood reconditioning typically takes less than one day, which means you can freshen up your kitchen in time for that upcoming dinner party or holiday gathering. With any service, we clean the work area each day, giving you full use of your cooking areas and plumbing in the evening. Call today for your free in-home consultation!

Appliance, electronics, flooring, furniture, garden center, hand tools, heating and cooling, home decor, home fitness and recreation, kitchen and bath, lighting & fans, outdoor living, outdoor power equipment, power tools, storage & organization.