Selecta Flooring LLC

Founded 2013 • With Angi since May 2013

269 Sheffield St. 7

Mountainside, NJ 07092

Selecta Flooring, founded by Scott McDarby and Michael Shults, is a one-stop shop for your flooring needs. The two owners have several years of experience installing, restoring, sanding and refinishing floors throughout the tri-state area. Members of Selecta Flooring have worked on flooring projects with DIY Network's "Man Caves," including the flooring for "Live with Kelly and Michael" host Michael Strahan's dressing room. Other notable projects include the construction and installation of flooring for SNY studios in New York City. Contact us today for a free estimate for your commercial or residential project...

12/06/2021

Stephen G.

Went amazing. Scott and Patrick were extremely professional, worked closely with us as our requests grew and changed. We started with one room and ended up doing our entire house. We had a tight deadline after initial estimate and Patrick made sure to get the test stains down and get the project started and finished during our timeline.

Description of Work
Refinishing and Stain Floors

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the kind review.

12/03/2020

Ed W.

It went great! They were able to come earlier than expected, they did great work, and did the job quickly.

Description of Work
Carpet removal and hardwood floor installation

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] , it was a pleasure .

09/29/2019

Lauren O.

Wonderful experience from the second I asked for quote till the finished project. The team was efficient, clean and got the exact color/finish we were looking for! We just moved into our home and now we truly feel the house fits our style! Thank you Scott for all the back and forth questions I had and thank you for perfected our new home. Would recommend this company 100 percent!

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors

Category hardwood floor

Thank you , it was a pleasure to work for you and your Family. Good Luck with your new home!

04/10/2019

Max M.

I'm unable to modify or remove my original review of Selecta Flooring - not sure why - but I'd like this to serve as my updated review of the company. The experience I wrote about in the previous review was not indicative of this company and their values and goals. There was a communication issue that spiraled (remember the Telephone Game?!) and I had a knee-jerk reaction when I couldn't get in touch with the owners immediately (they were traveling). The two owners came to my home to personally speak with me and, upon hearing about the misunderstanding, went to great lengths to ensure that I was satisfied. Their work - the refinished floors - was not at issue - the floors are absolutely gorgeous, better than new, if possible. Almost all the neighbors have come into the house to look at them, and several left with Selecta's phone number. Let my hastily-published review serve as a reminder that not every business is smoke and mirrors, and there are plenty - Selecta among them - that are true to their word, excellent at their craft, and provide a great product. I encourage anyone looking to hard their floors refinished, sanded, stained or otherwise repaired to call Selecta and speak to Mike. I assure you that you won't be disappointed with their work.

Description of Work
Original hardwood floors refinished

Category hardwood floor

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you are happy with your floors and I'm glad we were able to move past our misunderstanding.

06/20/2018

Mark G.

The floors look great! Scott did a great job of answering all of our questions and giving us a status as on the job as it progressed.

Description of Work
Sanding and refinishing oak floors -- 456 sft with 4 coats (1 coat Duraseal stain and 3 coats waterbase polyurethane. Also furniture moving and install oak nose on stairs.

Category hardwood floor

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you.

04/22/2018

Matthew M.

Excellent experience all around. Scott was very professional when he came and gave us the estimate, which was the best price we received. The installation itself was done in a day, and came out looking perfect. The men who installed cleaned everything up well, including cleaning steps and carpeting that was dirtied previously, and not by them. Would 100% use again, top notch job.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors installed

Category hardwood floor

Thanks [Member Name Removed], glad we could help.

04/04/2018

Mark C.

The man came out. Measured whole project and would not give my husband the estimate unless i was present. We work as a team and he wouldve given me the estimate. I dont have the time to talk to contractors. Thats why my husband was there with contractor. The contractor even called and left messages that he gives estimates on the spot. He told my husband he will not give estimate until i spoke to him. This was a total waste of our time having him come to our office and measure the entire job and to receive nothing afterwards and no follow up call either!!!!

Description of Work
New floor in our business.

Category hardwood floor

Hello [Member Name Removed], I think you may have the wrong flooring company. I have no record of booking/ or going to an estimate at your address. If you are certain you spoke to someone from my company , please give us a call so we can get to the bottom of this. Furthermore, if you are still in need of flooring , we would be happy to provide you with an estimate for your project. Thank you, Scott

09/13/2017

Gerard R.

Great! They gave me a good price and completed the work on time.

Description of Work
Floor refinishing

05/17/2017

Rebecca P.

We chose to go with the Rubio Monocoat and Selecta did an awesome job!!!! They were extremely patient with all of my questions and concerns and addressed everything throughout the process. The team is great and definitely stood out from the rest of the estimates I got!

Description of Work
We needed the entire interior of our new home re-sanded and refinished with Rubio Monocoat.

Category hardwood floor

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to have worked with you and hope you continue to enjoy your floors. Please reach out to us with any flooring needs you might have in the future. Best, Paola V. Communications Coordinator [Hyperlink Removed]

10/16/2016

bob F.

Amazing. The floor below was damaged from water damage as well as from the tile floor laid over it. It isn't perfect, but considering what they had to work with, very good.

Description of Work
Tore up a bad tile floor and refinished the hardwood floor below it.

05/16/2016

Michael D.

I highly recommend Selecta Flooring. They are extremely professional, friendly and do excellent work. They recently refinished our hardwood floors and were on time, very neat and the cost was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors

01/15/2016

Brian E.

Description of Work
Install pre finished hardwood floor and baseboard moulding.

12/17/2015

hugo P.

Pleasure working with these guys. Mike and Scott were very professional and I ended up going with their suggested Rubio monocoat finish for the floors instead of the usual polyurethane. Very happy with the finished product, floors look great and the staff was honest, professional and responsive. Would hire them again for any floor needs.

Description of Work
Refinish wood floors for 3 bedrooms and a staircase.

11/03/2015

ERIC A.

Description of Work
Awesome!! Great experience from start to finish. On time for the estimate, very fair price, on time for the actual service and they did a terrific job. Floors look spectacular and crew was very professional and neat. Left nothing to clean up and owner even came in for a final inspection. Would use again and recommend to anyone!

06/19/2015

christine C.

Great! I love the custom color they helped me come up with. Great guys!

Description of Work
Sanded, stained & finished the hardwood floors throughout the house.

06/08/2015

Jennifer S.

Everything was perfect. Mike and Scott were so amazing to work with. I didn't bother getting other quotes from different companies, because I knew I wanted to work with them. Punctual, open, honest, upfront, responsive, fair, and easy. The crew was great and respectful / careful in the home with prepping and cleanup. The floors are TO DIE FOR.....they are so beautiful - I couldn't be more thrilled. Thank you Mike & Scott. I love my floors :) Jen (Fergie) Sullivan

Description of Work
Sand and refinish and stain all hardwood full interior of home

05/29/2015

Germania B.

Installed > 1000 sq ft of 6 inch red oak floors. Refinished > 1000 sq ft of existing 6 inch red oak floors. Stained all flooring to match. Did a great job and worked quickly without compromising quality.

Description of Work
Selecta Flooring did an excellent job refinishing and staining my existing hardwood floors and also installing >1000 sq ft. of additional flooring to match. I could not be more impressed with the team's professionalism and the quality of the work. Looking forward to possible have them do some work on my deck next. Thanks Michael!

01/13/2015

Jill K.

I would recommend Selecta Flooring to all my friends and family. We sanded and stained old floors for our new home and put down a beautiful laminate in our downstairs of our home. They were very knowledgeable!! My contractor ruined my new floors and Mike from Selecta was very responsive with all my issues and made my husband and I extremely happy with our floors. They were always on time and accommodating in more ways than I have ever experienced with any other company. They get an A+++ in my book!

Description of Work
Sanded and Stained old floors and laminate flooring

12/30/2014

Linda B.

Did an excellent job. No complaints

Description of Work
Sanded our 100 year old porch floor

12/14/2014

Patricia F.

Cannot speak highly of these guys, the results are beautiful and it completely transformed our home. They are amazing to work with so collaborative and a pleasure to have around your home.

Description of Work
Interior floors and exterior decking.

07/15/2014

Tiziana M.

Description of Work
We have an IPE deck. It is a pretty large area. They came in and sanded and stained it. It looks amazing - they did a great job and were always on time in the morning, which is important to us. We are using them for future work and cant wait to see the results.

05/21/2014

John H.

We have a fairly large deck made of pie (a very dense Brazilian hardwood). We'd been talked into staining the deck a few years back. Seemed to make sense and looked great...for a while. Then, it began discoloring and showing spots. A few weeks back I tried using a remover and power washer to get back to the natural ipe finish. It didn't work nearly as well as I'd hoped. At that point we decided we need some expert help. Fortunately, someone at my wife's real estate office knew of and recommended Selecta Flooring. I checked them as well as I could, although we felt pretty comfortable knowing the referral source. I called on a Wednesday. On Friday, Mike and Scott came, checked the deck thoroughly, gave me an estimate. They asked for no deposit. We asked that they proceed said they have crew out on Monday, weather permitting. Well, weather permitted and they were here before 8AM, together with Mike (one of the owners). Mike discussed the process in more detail, was very knowledgeable. He left, crew started work. And they worked hard and meticulously; very detailed, careful and prepared. The owners came back to oversee the application of a new, "green" finish. After another hour or so, the job was finished and it looked great. Today, two days later, they came by to check on the deck. They provided us suggestions on the care and feeding of the deck, and even gave us some good ideas on furniture placement. We are often disappointed by servicemen being late, unreliable, unprofessional or simply not delivering as promised. It was great to actually have a remarkably pleasant experience in this case. We'll definitely use them again and confidently recommend their services.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish deck.

04/29/2014

Ana F.

My aunt and uncle hired Selecta Flooring to refinish their hardwood floors on the second floor of their mother-daughter house. They had an excellent experience with them. The contractors were in and out in an afternoon. They got to his house between 9 and 10 a.m. and got right to work sanding with the big machine and the corners and stairs with the smaller hand sander (?). The stairs were so dirty and dingy and showed so many years of wear and tear and now they look brand new. They covered anything that was left out in plastic and sealed off the rooms they weren't working in to keep any dust out - which definitely helped. They vacuumed up anything before staining but there was hardly any dust in the kitchen or the bedrooms off the hallways. My aunt and uncle couldn't be happier with the service they received. One of the owners, Scott, kept in contact with them throughout the whole process, and was there the whole time. He was there in the morning looking over some stained areas, and was upfront with them about how they would look after the sanding and refinishing, but now you can't even tell that there were stains to begin with. The floors basically look brand new at this point. They would definitely recommend Selecta and/or use them again.

Description of Work
Sanded and refinished hardwood floors on the main floor of the home which was one large living/dining room, a long hallway and about 7-8 stairs.

12/16/2013

benjamin E.

Very happy all around.

Description of Work
Install new wood floor in 18 x 20 room; including finishing.

08/23/2013

Christina M.

We were very happy with the work that Selecta Flooring did in our home. They were timely in getting back to us and professional. We had just bought our first home and the floors were very neglected. Now the floors look beautiful!

Description of Work
We needed 3 rooms with hardwood floors refinished and a set of stairs.