R&S Landscaping

Midland Park, NJ 07432

Covid Safety Precautions Followed

We accept remote payment

lawn & landscaping202007450
Lawn Care & Grounds Maintenance client projects and the R&S Team in action. Includes weekly service visits, weeding, mowing, garden care, lawn care, cleanups, mulching, aeration, and more.....

R&S Landscaping has been servicing the Bergen County, NJ area for over 35 years. We are a full-service one-stop company – many clients prefer to have one relationship for all their outdoor needs. Our team coordinates all your services to ensure your property is at its best all year long. The R&S Team is comprised of highly qualified group of passionate professionals dedicated to creating, building and maintaining outdoor spaces. Our easy, online proposals and web account management make it simple for you to request services, manage your payments, and communicate with us at any time....
Lawn & Grounds Maintenance Projects project

Specialty Gardening Care Project

lawn & landscaping

201907417

4.4

lawn & landscaping (281)irrigation system (94)lawn care (61)hardscaping (21)lawn treatment (17)mulch delivering (12)landscape lighting (7)drain pipe installation (5)Patios (3)snow removal (3)tree service (12)stone & gravel (4)

09/27/2020

Claudia M.

Awesome job. The quote came in a lot more expensive than a competitor but "you get what you pay for" here. High end job! Complete crabgrass mess on front lawn was removed, artistic shaping of front shrubs completed, and seed/fertilizer mixture began to grow in less than a week. All neighbors were amazed and enjoyed the daily change from brown to....green! Doug and Jess showed up on time, worked hard, and were a pleasure to have on the property all day. They were knowledgeable about the plants and willing to explain how to water the new lawn. They weeded and mulched the yard as requested, a huge job. Whole experience was excellent. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Lawn restoration and Yard weeding

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

Review for R&S Landscaping - 27 Greenwood Ave, Midland Park, NJ - 38906370

06/02/2020

annette S.

Extremely please with R & S. This is a top notch professional organization with a neighborly feel. The people at R & S are professional yet they treat you like a good neighbor. Very attentive with prompt service. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
irrigation service and gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, irrigation systems, drain pipe

Work Completed On 05/31/2020

06/01/2020

Barbara W.

R&S designed the gardens, pathways, stone-facing and stairs for our house in Glen Rock. They also did our on-going garden maintenance. The work was beautiful and professionally done. People walking or driving by the house often stopped to say that our garden was easily one of the most beautiful in town.

Description of Work
Landscape and hardscape design, ongoing garden care

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, pavers, gravel, snow removal, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/31/2020

Steven R.

I have used R and S landscaping for many years due to the professional and personal care given! They are always attentive and responsive to my requests and concerns. I use them for my irrigation and lighting systems as well! They are a full-service landscaping company with the personal touch.

Description of Work
Complete landscaping

Category concrete driveways, gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, snow removal, drain pipe, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 05/31/2020

09/10/2018

Carlos S.

Great design. Very attentive to what was asked for. Timely job. No complaints. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Patio and surrounding landscape design

Category hardscaping, patios

08/02/2018

Heather H.

R&S was great! They showed up early and did a great job. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Weeding, shrub trimming

Work Completed On 08/02/2018

06/23/2018

wesley S.

The design was nice and very detailed.

Description of Work
Landscape design

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

02/19/2018

Charles S.

Julie, one of their landscaping professionals, initially came out and did a walk around with me. She was very knowledgeable, and gave me a quote of $45 a week for lawn maintenance. Although it was $10 more than my previous landscaper, I was willing to accept the price since they seemed very professional. I was looking for a landscaping company that paid attention to detail, and it seemed this was one of them. When I received the contract, the price for weekly maintenance was listed as $50 a week. I contacted her via email, and she said she was unable to honor the price she quoted because the "system" would not allow it. Although this left a bad taste in my mouth, I still decided to go with R&S, hoping their landscaping work was worth it. The first week they came out, I was introduced to a foreman, who explained the work they will be doing from week to week. The foreman stated he would be on the job from this point forward so that he can become familiar with the property. I remember thinking this was great, since most companies don't care, and just cut the lawn and move on. So the first month, the landscaping crew did a great job. However, about a month in, I noticed a new crew was coming, and I never saw the foreman again. The new crew told me the foreman I originally had was fired. Regardless, I figured the new crew would do just as good a job, but boy was I wrong. Over the course of the summer, I would see patches of my lawn torn up, and not small patches. One of those patches that was completely ripped up was approximately 3 feet by 3 feet in size. I emailed Julie about the lawn, and she informed me that she would address the issue. However, only two weeks later, the same crew did it again. Then in July of 2017, R&S came to prune the shrubs around the property. I had this beautiful Hemlock on my property that was a staple of the landscape for over 25 years (see picture attached, before and after). The shrub pruners that R&S sent stated they were only going to “trim” the shrubs. I walked around the property with them as they informed me what they were going to do. So I left for work, trusting they would follow through with what they said. However, when I returned, I saw that my Hemlock was completely cut 1/3 of the way up, like a lollipop. I don’t know what gave them the idea to do this, but my Hemlock will never grow back. The owner of the company, Bob, came out and apologized, but was reluctant to even discount the pruning, as if their mistake should still be billed accordingly. Now in November and December 2017, R&S stated they would be coming every other week for leaf removal and clean up. At the end of October, some leaves were already falling and I observed one of the workers blowing the leaves into a corner of a flowerbed at the rear of my property, rather than picking them up. When I confronted him about this, he stated the company told them to do so, since leaf cleaning doesn’t start until November. As he could see, I wasn’t happy. He then apologized and blew them back onto the lawn and picked them up. Once November and December came, R&S NEVER came every two weeks to pick up leaves. Many times it was at least 3-4 weeks, and my property was the only one on the block covered with leaves for the holidays, and eventually covered in snow as well. R&S also adds in a leaf removal fee, along with their weekly maintenance, which they DO NOT do in November and December. My grass has wilted for the winter, longer than it was during the summer. I am still being charged a “late fee” for a bill that was never sent with the proper readjustments that I was told. R&S Landscaping’s automated billing system continues to bill me a $3.80 late fee incorrectly. Anyone who wants to hire a landscaping company that does not keep their word, overcharges, and destroys your lawn and shrubs; this is the company for you. Otherwise I strongly recommend you stay away!

Description of Work
Hired R&S Landscaping to take care of the lawn maintenance and shrub pruning for 2017, along with the leaf clean up in the fall.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 12/31/2017

Review for R&S Landscaping - 27 Greenwood Ave, Midland Park, NJ - 36844850

12/14/2017

praveen M.

Very professional and responsive. We had to hold off on the project till next summer.

Description of Work
Design of the landscaping

Work Completed On 12/14/2017

10/11/2017

Matt W.

Things went very well and they are extremely timely, professional, and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Sod front and back yards

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 10/11/2017

10/07/2017

clifford S.

That did a nice plan but was more money than I wanted to spend at this time. Will keep the plan and possibly do the work next year.

Description of Work
This was for a landscape consultation only.

Work Completed On 10/07/2017

10/02/2017

Nancy F.

I purchased an Angie's deal for six hours of yard work. Several weeks later I realized I hadn't heard from them--not a call, email or message through Angie's List. I've had Angie's deals that didn't go as well as I wanted before, but I've never had a provider not even contact me. I was disappointed because I had a lot of work I wanted done, but other things in my life made it not worth chasing after them so I contacted Angie's List for a refund.

Description of Work
I had yard work I needed done--some clean up and some bushes removed.

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

We sincerely apologize for the glitch that prevented us from being notified that the six gardening visit was purchased. We were not notified and unaware the client made the purchase and were never contacted. We wish the client would have reached out to our office via phone or email and we certainly would have scheduled the gardening visit.

09/27/2017

Charles S.

At first they did an excellent job.... as the season progressed, the employees who cut the grass changed, and they did not use as much TLC. They tore up my grass is spots with the tires of the large lawn mower they use. And they dont bag the grass, unless you pay extra. To their credit, I complained about torn up spots, and they came to seed it and credited my account for one cut. Also, they pruned one of my hemlocks half way up so that it looks like a lollipop when the shrub was fine all the way to the ground and not in need of such a drastic change.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn maintenance and pruning of shrubs and bushes.

Work Completed On 09/27/2017

09/15/2017

Carmine G.

Took too long. Person did not seem to know how to do it.

Description of Work
winterized sprinkler system

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Cost $67.5

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

We were contacted to provide a sprinkler winterization on 11/4/16 and our technician provided the service on 11/14/16. The service visit was completed in under one hour.

09/11/2017

Alison D.

Great! The guys worked hard and the work was performed in a professional manner. I definitely got my money's worth!

Description of Work
Planting perennials and pruning.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

06/16/2017

Roger A.

I contacted R&S and made an appointment with Rob for an estimate. He arrived promptly and was courteous and professional. Upon review of the project I proposed, he told me that while feasible, he did not feel that it would be cost effective for us. He explained in detail what would be required and strongly advised that we not proceed with what we had in mind. Rob preferred to be straightforward with me instead of just going for the business. I was most impressed with his honesty and candor. Based on this experience, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anybody considering landscaping projects.

Description of Work
Build a very long path and stairs up a steep incline on our property.

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

06/09/2017

MICHAEL F.

R&S Landscaping failed again and agin to get an employee to do the job, even though they had said, time and again, that they would. After more than a half dozen messages and more than a month, they were still making promises they were unable to deliver.

Description of Work
I wanted the bushes trimmed around our house for sale in a timely manner so that it would be neat and at its best when buyers came over.

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

The client's initial request came into our office with an address that was located 98 miles away in Moorestown. This caused a delay in our responding as we needed to verify the address. The request for trimming work came into our office during our peak mid May period. This further delayed one of our gardeners from responding. This situation is not representative of our service and current A rating on Angie's List. We apologize for the service delay for shrub trimming.

05/22/2017

Raymond I.

The representative was professional, responsive to questions and requests. The design plan was well documented and explained in detail.

Description of Work
Landscaping evaluation and design.

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

04/29/2017

Danian M.

Julie came out, took some pictures, heard my ideas, and created a beautiful landscape design for the front of the house. Overall, the company was courteous, professional, and they communicated in a timely manner. The pricing was comparable. We just decided to do something else instead.

Description of Work
Landscaping - Planting in Front of Home

Work Completed On 04/29/2017

04/22/2017

Bill S.

EXCELLENT on time to spec and within budget. Exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Full revamp of front lawn and all landscaping.

Work Completed On 04/22/2017

04/18/2017

Christopher C.

After that review appeared, I was contacted by R&S on 3/20/2017 and arrangements were made for a landscaper to visit my home, assess the tree and recommend a course of action. The dead tree was removed on 4/6/17 and a replacement planted on 4/13/17. I will monitor the progress of this tree and will promptly engage R&S at the first sign of distress. As a result of the responsiveness of R&S, I am revising my rating from F to B.

Description of Work
This is a follow-up to my review on 3/10/2017.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

03/10/2017

Christopher C.

The installation was done in April 2014 and went well with all the new plants thriving in the summer of 2014. However, by December 2014 one of the trees died and it took until November 2015 for R&S Landscaping to replace the dead tree. By November 2016 the replacement tree also died. I contacted R&S by e-mail and sent photos of the dead tree, and despite several subsequent attempts to contact them, i have not had the courtesy of a response from R&S Landscaping.

Description of Work
Landscape design and installation

Work Completed On 11/03/2015