Shamrock Waterproofing

Founded 1992 • With Angi since June 2010

6021 Glenthorne Dr

Raleigh, NC 27613

Serving the Triangle area since 1992 Licensed and Insured. Residential and Commercial. Lowest Price Guaranteed. Interior and Exterior Systems. Lifetime Warranty FREE ESTIMATES...

basement waterproofing (94)drain pipe installation (52)well & water pump repair (15)mold removal (7)water damage restoration (7)excavating (5)insulation (3)home inspection (3)foundation repair (1)plumbers (1)

08/19/2021

Taylor S.

Shamrock waterproofing was recommended when we moved from another state into an older home 2 years ago. The job was completed before we moved in; and, we were impressed with the number of workers from other service companies (our handyman, Termite specialist, HVAC installing our duct system), who commented on the quality of the job that Shamrock did, one of them saying “who did your crawl space, it’s immaculate”. Now, 2 years later, we needed a drain system to re-direct storm water in our sloping back yard, and were delighted that Shamrock could do the job. Keith came by within a couple days and explained options and a very fair quote for approximate install in 6 weeks. Michelle, in their office, was so cooperative—she was on top of scheduling, and arranged the date around our vacation plans. As the appointment neared, I took videos of the rainwater and emailed them just so they could see the issue in action. Andrew (a supervisor) felt it was a good idea to come by before the job to check the area out to make sure the plan was on target. On the day of the job, the crew showed up on time, and started to work. They ran into obstacles that they didn’t count on—digging through unexpected tree roots and a lot of clay, as well as 100˚ heat; but, they seemed to take it in stride—working non-stop. When the job was complete, they walked me through the process, pointing out each part of the job, explaining the reasons for lowering dirt in one area, raising it in other areas. It all made sense. And, they paid attention when I requested that they try to dig for the pipe in one area to avoid removing as much grass as possible. They managed to replace the grass in that area so that it looked undisturbed. The workers (Ryan, Oscar and Alberto) were a dedicated team who were respectful, professional, and did the job with seeming care of our yard. We highly recommend Shamrock Waterproofing, and appreciate a job well done!

Description of Work
Two years ago our realtor recommended them to do waterproofing in our crawl space of a home we were moving into. This week, they laid pipes and a drain to catch storm water ruining our yard.

Category excavators,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

02/11/2021

Randall S.

Keith Locker presented Shamrock in a most professional manner for an estimate of work to be done in a basement closet. The closet has two walls which are part of the cinderblock foundation. Although these walls do not leak, the efflorescence was both unsightly and rubbed off on anything that touched it. Shamrock was able to work me into their schedule early and I greatly appreciated it. The work, however, was less than professional. While the back wall looked great (so I know they can do good work), the side wall looked decidedly less so. While I am perfectly aware that basement walls are imperfect, I know that they could have done better on the side wall based on the back wall. When I asked about the issue with the side wall, Shamrock shrugged that that was the best they could do. When I asked Keith to review the pictures that I would send to Angie's List with this review, he complained that I was insufficiently appreciative of the work done and about how little money he had made on the job. I had planned to give Shamrock a B, but his comments lowered this review to a C. He did give me a helpful hint about how I can remove the writing on the side wall trim. So that's something, I guess.

Description of Work
Paneling Of A Basement Closet

Category excavators,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/10/2021

Review for Shamrock Waterproofing - 6021 Glenthorne Dr, Raleigh, NC - 39187448

01/06/2020

Zenaida S.

So glad that I found Shamrock Waterproofing. I'd highly recommend them! They know what they're doing, provide excellent work and most importantly, they are honest. I found a nasty leak in the basement after closing on our home. Every time it would rain, water would come in and pool into the basement. It was a nightmare. We had at least 6 different companies come for estimates. They either didn't know what they were doing or weren't being honest with us. We were desperate for a solution and they knew that. They all confidently told us what the problem was and quoted us absurd amounts ranging from $10k - $15k to fix the problem. We started feeling defeated, but kept looking for more companies. We got our hope back when we contacted Shamrock. They came out and pinpointed the leak on the first visit. They provided a realistic and affordable solution, walked us through the process and got the work done in just a few hours. It's rained several times since then and no signs of a leak! Finally, this nightmare is over and we can finally move in and enjoy the entire home. Thanks so much Keith, Andrew and the Shamrock family.

Description of Work
Exterior Waterproofing for leak in basement

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

12/19/2018

TIm F.

When I bought my old house in Raleigh, the basement leaked terribly every time it rained. Keith and his crew installed a full drainage system and sump. The job was not small and they had to work around all of my unpacked boxes. All of my questions were promptly answered. They did a great job and left the job site clean. After two hurricanes and lots of rain this fall, the basement has not leaked a single drop. Keith was also the best price by far and very knowledgeable. Thank you!!!!

Description of Work
Waterproofing Basement

11/02/2018

Christian C.

Keith came out to do the estimate. He provided some ideas on how to best fix my drainage problems and got the quote over to me quickly. The installation crew came out a few weeks later and got everything installed. We reviewed the job before they got started and they were done within a few hours. The guys did a great job. They made sure everything was cleaned up when they were done and that I was happy with how everything looked.

Description of Work
I needed drainage pipe installed for the downspouts at the rear of my house.

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

06/04/2018

Jason S.

Great. Worked us in between larger jobs. Took very little time at all. Hardly could tell they had disturbed anything when done.

Description of Work
Simple job. Needed new downspout tied into existing drainage

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

04/04/2018

MARK B.

Keith Locker planned out the work and gave me a well-drawn diagram that I could submit to my homeowner's association for approval. Keith and Michelle quickly and patiently responded to all my follow-up questions over the next few weeks. The workers, Miguel and two others, showed up on time and did a great job, including very careful cleanup. They put down plastic sheeting to protect the grass nearby. Miguel answered my questions well during the work. The whole project took about 4 hours.

Description of Work
Drainage pipe installed. Three 12-inch box drains were installed and three downspouts were connected to the drain

Work Completed On 03/26/2018

03/05/2018

Anthony C.

The initial repair did not work and water continued to leak. We contact the company. They quickly came out, redid the work and we have had no issues since.

Description of Work
Membrane on exterior of home failed causing water to leak around entry point of water line into basement.

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

02/19/2018

Ellen L.

Shamrock came out and assessed the situation very quickly after we called. Keith really knows his stuff. He suggested french drains and a sump pump be installed. He also installed a vapor barrier in the crawlspace. Shamrock was our 3rd estimate and Keith was the most straight forward, didn't try to up-sell me, but did high quality work at a reasonable price. He worked us into his busy schedule, and the work was completed in one morning. We had a great experience with Shamrock!

Description of Work
My crawlspace had excess moisture, needed guidance from a waterproofing expert on source and potential fixes.

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

08/11/2017

Paula D.

Alex, Ashley, and the crew went above and beyond to make me a happy customer. In the end, due to unforeseen circumstances and to ensure the waterproofing worked most effectively, they waterproofed much more than was included in the quote and did not charge me a penny more. Alex was an excellent foreman and I was grateful to have someone as knowledgeable and flexible as he is leading the crew. The job ended up taking 3.5 days and was a LOT of work for the 5 men. They were professional, hard-working, and pleasant to be around. Any questions or concerns I had were addressed. We had storms after the work was completed and my crawl space was dry, whereas previously there were obvious streams of water coming in resulting in standing water. I am happy to have the 20 year warranty as back-up too. Overall, we are extremely pleased and compliment Keith on the reasonable price quote and the crew, especially Alex and Ashley, for working with my requests and getting the job done thoroughly.

Description of Work
Exterior waterproofing; crawl space vapor barrier and positive/gravity drain.

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

External excavation, internal french drains, yard drainage, sump pumps, vapor barriers waterproofing membrains, & foundation repairs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard