Coastal Home Renovations

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 2007

6779 Beach Dr SW

Ocean Isle Beach, NC 28469

A well-made thing is a work of art, that is all. Anything less is nothing. It may be a well laid tile floor, a well-built stone fireplace or a rock wall. Art is not special materials applied to an ordinary construction; it is in the application itself, if it is good. Most simply and generally art

12/15/2019

Rick F.

Great work. Pavel and crew showed up as scheduled and did an excellent job installing the new appliance which required modifications to the cabinet above and then ran the exhaust pipe through the attic to the outside. I have used them in the past and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced an exhaust fan over the kitchen range and vented to the outside

Category appliance repair, woodworking, home remodeling

12/01/2019

Henry C.

Pavel did an outstanding job. The cabinets look built-in. The trim work and lighting is done with extreme attention to detail. We appreciated that he came out to inspect the job before installation day to verify what needed to be done, ensure that the needed materials had been delivered and walk us through some choices and options (his advice was excellent and revealed both his understanding of the job and his desire to accommodate our wishes). During the installation he brought us in as needed to help us think through and decide on design choices like hardware placement and drawer installation. They worked very clean and were timely and thorough. Truly an excellent experience. Although Coastal Home Renovations does do work for the Home Depot, I contracted with them directly. I believe they offer their own cabinet line as well as design services. I will most certainly contract with them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Installation of custom cabinets from Home Depot. Installation in the foyer of our home. Components included two 84" pantries with pull out drawers, a base unit, wall cabinets, a marble counter, lighting and trim.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, interior designers, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

11/03/2019

Bobby C.

We were very impressed with the finished look of the project. All of our ideas were incorporated in the design. We were not on site during the project but CHR handled everything. We were so pleased with their work that we have scheduled to have our other bathroom remodeled.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel plus flooring in hall replaced to match

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you for your review!

04/19/2019

JOANNE B.

Coastal Home Renovations will not be your lowest bidder BUT what you will receive is superior materials and workmanship compared to the big box stores. Another advantage is that Coastal will handle all aspects of the job soup to nuts. Once you reach a deal they will handle all the inherent headaches. We are considering a bathroom renovation and will call Coastal when the time comes.

Description of Work
Total kitchen renovation

Category ceramic tile, lighting, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling

01/09/2019

Peter P.

So happy!! Pavel met with us to discuss the tile choice and best way it should be laid for the room. We chose the grout color together. Everything turned out great!! We could not be onsite so pictures were sent to us throughout the job. Had him come back to the house to fix some small things which he did promptly. The room looks amazing now. Would definitely have him come do other tile jobs for us.

Description of Work
Tile floor for whole first floor

01/01/2019

Charles L.

The job went very well. They started on time and finished the job ahead of schedule. The craftsmanship was excellent. They gutted the entire bathroom including removing a large jetted tub, put in a walk-in shower, new vanity, quartz countertop, pocket door and put down new tile in the entire bathroom. Everyone was very professional and they cleaned up the job site at the end of each day. Coastal is excellent to work with and went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We are extremely pleased with the work that was done. I will be using them again to redo my other two bathrooms.

Description of Work
Bathroom gut and rebuild

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, picture framing, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/02/2018

mark P.

I called then directly from the Angie's List website, left a message for them to please call back and I never heard from them. If they can't even return a phone call, I don't want them working in my home.

Description of Work
I needed some tile repair for our master bathroom

Category ceramic tile

I am sorry if we missed you call honestly I don’t even recall getting it. With current job market and needing customers we do spend a lot of time on job-sites not in office. A lot of customers also use messaging option which we had no problem with and I checked but I did not see your inquiry there. Again I am sorry and hope that you did manage to take care of your project.

07/24/2018

Robert B.

Iwona and Pavel did an amazing job transformng our enclosed, dated kitchen into an open concept, very useable modern kitchen. Iwona has extremely creative ideas and worked very hard with us by revising several plans to ultimately come up with a kitchen, master bathroom, and guest bathroom that actually exceeded our goals and stayed within budget. Pavel and his crew did the actual work and it was top quality. He takes great pride in his workmanship and it really shows! He made sure every detail met our satisfaction, and he was extremely neat and clean. We live in Ohio and because the work was being done in Pawleys Island, electronic communication was essential and they were very organized and easy to work with. We give them our highest recommendation!

Description of Work
Kitchen and two bathrooms remodel

Category home remodeling

07/18/2018

Debra R.

Coastal Home Renovations did excellent work and exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Renovation of a condo

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, glass repair, handyman service, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

07/17/2018

Christi C.

Coastal Home renovations did a fantastic job of designing and performing my renovations. Iwona and Pavel want to make sure you are pleased with the work and are very responsive to any questions or concerns. I would definitely recommend their work.

Description of Work
Condo renovations at Ocean Isle beach

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, interior designers, remodeling

05/10/2018

James C.

Owner was very responsive to our ideas and provided us with new ones. He and his wife helped us select design and colors of our quartz counter and backsplash. They were very responsive to correct minor flaws and did so quickly and completely to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Partial kitchen remodel.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, interior designers, plumbing, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling

Thank you for giving us opportunity to work for you!

04/08/2018

Lucius C.

Iwona, Pavel, and their crew were very professional and did a lot of work in a short amount of time. Our new shower is gorgeous. It far exceeded our expectations. We would gladly hire them again for our next project. Thanks to Coastal Home Renovations for a job well done!

Description of Work
Shower replacement

Category ceramic tile, glass repair, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you and we hope you will enjoy your new bathroom.

02/09/2018

Crystal R.

I was told a professional designer would come to my house, but this lady sent her husband, who does the remodeling, and he stated he was not the design guru, but would take her measurements. My needs were to be there with the designer because I had thoughts and questions for her. She later sent me a nice design, but it wasn't what I asked for and the layout on one wall WILL NOT fit what she designed into them. I mentioned a center isle with dining built in, but told the man I didn't think I wanted that. Confusion with communication between them, and I got a design with that and no room for a table. I pondered a while, then responded this was not what I expected or could use, or asked for. Never got a reply. I must say they were very nice at first, but admitted she was very busy! I wish she had not taken my money if she did not have time to help me. I saw the good reviews, so I know, had she come at first, when promised, (oh had to cancel, then he was late) I would have been very pleased.

Description of Work
kitchen design and remodeling

Category ceramic tile, countertops, interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling

01/15/2018

Patricia K.

Unable to move forward due lack of bid specificity for a common project (taking down walls to get open concept kitchen / living room. We are not first time home/kitchen reno people.

Description of Work
No work was done as she blew in for one hour; told me what we needed. I attempted to share what we wanted. We had a significantly more costly project that we WANT ADDITIONALLY to do. Got a bid from husband; written without details (? what are we getting for $30,000 +++ ? ). This puzzled us - we sent them COMPLETE set of house blueprints (plumbing, electrical, foundation, joints, framing, windows, roof & land slopes). Perhaps they didn't looked at info when bidding for job. FUI: we are not 1st time home owners nor1st time kitchen/house reno people.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were not happy. But just to clear the confusion yes you did gave us plans and we did look at them, but we explained to you that project to open middle walls in a 3000SF house with a second story requires an engineer. This is not something that we go in and just start opening walls, also engineer requires money down, and we never asked you for a penny as we stated, that this is an outside service that's not provided by our company. We did also explain on first meeting that opening those walls requires multiple permits and inspections as multiple trades would be doing work, like plumbing, electrical, hardwood, drywall and so on....... As for quote we have never provided you with a quote, you simply asked us what it could cost and if it would be a smart money decision-so we gave you answer-project like that may START in a range of 25-30,000, we could not gave you description because there was no scope of work to base it on as we have never received anything from your engineer, and for second part of question we did also tell you that this may not be smart money decision because of the cost compared to what are you getting. Again I am sorry you were not happy. Thank you

12/19/2017

Deirdre H.

I hired Coastal Home Renovations based on excellent reviews and was delighted. This was a relatively small project in a beach condo kitchen. Iwona was amazingly prompt and responsive to all questions and concerns. The work was done ahead of schedule and I was not on site for the work, so received text updates and photos. It looks fabulous! The price was very competitive. This company has a degree of professionalism and courtesy that is so refreshing and reassuring (and sadly uncommon these days!). I would not hesitate to recommend them to others or use them again myself.

Description of Work
Remove old kitchen flooring and replace with tile

12/19/2017

Gerald M.

Contractor was friendly and seemed interested & responsive to us during initail visit. Waited 10 days for a response - when their bid finally arrived, it was apparent little to nothing we had discussed was included. They provided an expensively priced, generic bid with very little details on actual project scope or pricing, saying everything would be worked out later, presumably via change orders. There was simply not enough information on the proposed scope of remodel services nor included bid pricing to make a reasonable judgement about this bid. We declined to work with this contractor.

Description of Work
Purchased design & bid-build services for master bath remodel project.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

I am sorry that you felt that quote was not detailed. I am not sure what we needed to describe more there, your proposal was 7 pages long explaining every foot of wall to take down and every ceiling that needed to be installed. Also in bathroom quote we included all allowances which worked for customers in the past. We did explain that a project like yours requires second meeting to go over details and discuss selections, as well as we explained that we only do change order if you change decision on something or there are some hidden items which may happen in a project, I am sorry you opted-out of the second meeting, maybe if we would go over the quote you wold have seen that all items were actually included there. Thank you

12/07/2017

William H.

We had a bath remodel in our condo at Sandpiper Bay, Sunset Beach and we live full time in Charlotte, N.C. The initial design and planning was actually done on a Sunday at the condo. They took care of ordering all material and the job was started on the date promised. The communications with Iwona and Pavel were excellent and many decisions made via email / text since we live out of town. We were kept informed of the progress via pictures. The tile work was excellent, shower stall with tile to the ceiling, bench seat, glass tile inlay, etc. Floor tile was also excellent. Only thing needing touch-up was few places on the painted walls that previously had wallpaper. They were quick to get the touch- up done. Everyone was great to work with and we definitely would use Coastal Home Renovations in the future. Cost also came in right on the budget.

Description of Work
Total remodel of bathroom in condo

10/14/2017

kay M.

I have never worked with any company, in any capacity, that was as professional, punctual, efficient and attentive to every large or small detail as this company. The owners, Iwona and Pavel, went way above and beyond in making sure every aspect of the kitchen remodel went as smoothly as possible, and their employees have the same dedication. They worked within my budget and finished the job on budget, and in an extremely timely manner. They do not cut corners, and that fact is reflected at the end of the project. If I could give them an A+ in all categories, I would, they certainly deserve it! From start to finish, it was a pleasure to work with Coastal Home Renovations, and they will be the first and only company I call for future renovations.

Description of Work
I hired Coastal Home Renovations for a complete kitchen remodel.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, interior designers, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you, it was a pleasure working on your kitchen project.

09/24/2017

Rick M.

This is a fantastic company! I was a field engineer for 35 years, so I wrote a spec for the project. Everything in my spec was met, or exceeded. I couldn't be happier with the results. We will definitely use Coastal Home Renovations again.

Description of Work
Complete gut and install of master bath.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/11/2017

William L.

I am extremely please. They were professional, cleaned as the worked and treated my home with respect. The end result is beautiful.

Description of Work
Removed fiberglass shower and installed tile shower with glass door

09/06/2017

Harry S.

Staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Completed tasks on time

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom for handicap use

08/30/2017

Axel K.

They are very busy and took a very long time to get back to me. If I were to rate them, it would be What they offer is great but their response time is just, it take weeks to get back to me. She has never given me a quote. I've asked her twice and she's never given me a quote. Gosh, I'd give them below average. The only reason being is the amount of time I've yet to receive a quote, though she has been. What she has present is good but as far as you know. The presentation is nice. The amount of time it takes for her to get back to me , I'm in no rush which allows me , but if I were really wanting to do something, I would've failed her for sure. I'll go one up from there and give them a "D". I still may use them once I get a quote and kind of see how it goes. The amount of time it's taking them to respond. Let me give you an example. I just got back to the office. I'll respond to you later today. And then two weeks later , I still haven't got a response. I think it was a good deal. They come in and take measurements. I thought that wa great. Punctuality was fine. She's been professional.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal for $39 for Coastal Home Renovations for Kitchen design consultation.

Category home remodeling

05/31/2017

Albert S.

They were very professional, did excellent work. Pavel and Iwona went out of their way to help us decide what we wanted to do and make sure they did it the way we wanted. They even went with us to Home Depot so we could discuss with them the fixtures, vanity and shower we wanted. Never worked with contractor that was more helpful and understanding. Plus they did not call job complete till we were satisfied. They were far more reasonable then any other contractors we talked to. Will contact them in the future when we want more work done.

Description of Work
They came in and remodeled our master bath and did minor remodeling on our hall bath..

Category remodeling, interior painters

03/20/2017

Rick F.

They were great! Said he would show up at 10:00 and was there right on the minute. Many folks we have used in the past might not show up at all or be very late. Work was as promised. We had a minor issue and they were back immediately to correct. We are planning to use them in future upgrades.

Description of Work
Refinished a shower floor.

03/13/2017

Lisa R.

Iwona did an awesome job with the design and with making changes requested to the design

Description of Work
Provided 3-D drawings of kitchen remodel