Bell Cow Heating and Cooling

Founded 2014 • With Angi since April 2016

1328 Sapona Rd

Fayetteville, NC 28312

Starting in 2014, Bell Cow Heating and Cooling began to service customers in the Raleigh, Durham, and Fayetteville areas. Whether it's a simple repair, a new system installation, or a comprehensive maintenance package, customers began seeing the benefits of using Bell Cow - premium quality, a clear

02/28/2021

jerry L.

They charged me just the fee to come out and did a simple repair.

Description of Work
Gas line repair to fire logs

Category gas logs

01/28/2019

Carolyn H.

The never called me back. I will never call them again

Description of Work
Air Conditioning

01/08/2019

Anne W.

Bell Cow Tech was very unprofessional...said my home was a mobil home when in fact it is a modular home valued at 150,000 to 170,000. went outside with tech....he hooked some line to my central unit and I could hear and see him letting freon out...then he stated central unit completely out of freon, when unit is approx 3 yrs old and was cooling perfect at end of summer..tech was here approx 15 mins..did nothing but complain about how old my unit was and let freon out of central unit..did not leave any paperwork at all, so do not know who tech was. first time trying to use Angie's and will not use again...very dissappointed with service

Description of Work
heating unit not heating

08/31/2018

Michael M.

It went fine, they came when called and arrived when they said they would. The leaks were repaired in a timely manner and they cleaned up when through.

Description of Work
I used them twice, once to repair a broken water pipe in the ceiling and again to replace a leaking copper pipe at one of my water heaters.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

06/21/2018

MC R.

Very professional with great communication skills. They were able to determine the problem very quickly and replace our unit quickly. Our AC had been out since March and we had another company working on it. We finally switched to Bell Cow and the problem was resolved within a week. We also had them come out when our other unit stopped working and they came out, re-charged the system and done. You really need to check them out. I received a 4 hour window, they called when on the way and it really worked out great.

Description of Work
Replacement of HVAC Unit

06/06/2018

Jason H.

Exceptionally well! Butch was very professional and was able to provide a few tips for me to ensure that our system continues to run at peak effectiveness.

Description of Work
Our hvac systems had been down for over two weeks. Butch, with Bell Cow was able to come to our home and diagnose and fix the problem within 45 minutes.

01/30/2018

craig T.

Cow Bell stepped up and made my prior experience better. They promptly had someone come out and fix our unit. I can say that the manager, Larry, cares about his clients and makes sure they are happy. I appreciate the immediate attention I was given to Correct the situation.

Description of Work
Follow-up to previous review

01/30/2018

craig T.

Very disappointed with the customer service and responsiveness of Cow Bell. Not sure about service because i have not been taken care of now.

Description of Work
1 year old unit went out last night. Called this morning. Employee kept telling me i needed a warranty referral. I kept telling her i am a customer of theirs. Finally she looked it up and told me i was. She then told me it would be tomorrow at the earliest before i can be seen. They claim to have 24/7 but wants me to wait over 24 hours to be seen. It's cold and that didn't seem to matter. Last HVAC serviced our house promptly.

01/24/2018

teresa C.

Terrible, they scheduled between 8-12n, didn't call, we called their office 5 times, the manager never returned our call. The service technician didn't show up to our home until 6:40pm. We asked for them to take money off of our bill for the inconvenience and poor customer service, that was an argument they offered to remove $60. Will not EVER use them or recommend them again, EVER!

Description of Work
Hot water heater heater replacement

10/25/2017

Gustav H.

Maurice & Hawk were knowledgeable, courteous, efficient ,did not hesitate to answer all questions. Explained the features/procedure of the Bell Cow Service Program, including the difference between the cost for the one and two years program. Bell Cow is the 4th HVAC firm we had since we mov ing in 5 years ago. Bell Cow is the only firm we have signed an extended service contract with on day one. Maurice & Hawk both acted as if Bell Cow is an employee owned company. I say that based upon the comments both made when referring to their company Bell Cow. .

Description of Work
Initial service contract for HVAC system.

10/19/2017

Melanie P.

Extremely pleased with the customer service of Bell Cow. Additionally, their HVAC service members were timely, efficient, and provided quality service. Bell Cow's technicians are very knowledgeable. They explained everything thoroughly, always kept us in the conversation about what their next steps were in the repair process, and constantly displayed professionalism representing their company. Moreover, as scheduling appointments were needed, the receptionists too, exuded politeness and very customer friendly service smiles and professionalism over the phone which is rare nowadays when calling any service center. Thank you Bell Cow HVAC.

Description of Work
Requested repair for HVAC unit. Unit repair and parts replacement required. Additionally, they discovered a severe heating issue during the air conditioning assessment which would have only been discovered during the winter when we would need heat. This discovery saved us a headache in the future.

10/03/2017

Edith J.

Ryan and Joe great guys and respectful!!!

Description of Work
Ryan and Joe replace a switch for the pool pump and GFI switch.

09/20/2017

Barbara L.

It was through my home warranty so I can't recall the price. To get a better overall grade from me they could have done stuff right the first time. Regarding the workers I came in contact with I had everything from A with one group to an F with another group; The Fayetteville team was horrible; the Raleigh team was really good.

Description of Work
(For heating and air conditioning) I use Bell Cow. They were last here to install a new air conditioning and heat pump unit.

08/25/2017

Cynthia W.

Excellent service ! Arrived early... the electrician was very professional and pleasant to work with. Highly recommend !

Description of Work
We needed an outlet and hookup for a crawl space dehumidifier.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

08/17/2017

Christine M.

Get they were punctual and price was very reasonable I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Electrical and replace appollo system

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/26/2017

GALE L.

It went well. I will only be calling them in the future to service my unit.

Description of Work
They cleaned and serviced my furnace for me. Other providers had said that my furnace needed to be replaced and Bell Cow was able to come in and to get my unit serviced and to get me back with heat, which I had been without for a long time.

07/14/2017

Shannon M.

It took 2 days for the appointment, it's summer so I'm sure they are busy. I was told they'd come between 9-1. I explained that they need to call when they're enroute because it's over 100 degrees inside my home and I can't stay they're here with my kids. At 1:15 I tried calling their phone number. After several attempts of absutely no one answer the calls, I get an answering service. I called my warranty company who was able to contact their head office only to be told I was still on schedule but they couldn't contact the Fayetteville office either so I should just hang in there. They finally showed up 3 hours late and did not call to say they were on their way. I just happened to be at my neighbors. They said they couldn't fix it because they would need approval. This is the same problem that this company has fixed the last 2 times with NO PROBLEM. I handed them $100 and have not heard another word from them. That was Wednesday. Today, Friday, I called my warranty company to see what is going on and Bell Cow has still NOT submitted the request. Again, I can't stay at my home with my children because it is over 100 degrees inside. (Middle of summer in NC is HOT.) My warranty company has tried unsuccessfully to reach Bell Cow so they had to reassign me to another company. Which means I have to wait even longer. Thanks for wasting my time and money Bell Cow. I will do whatever necessary to get my $100 back.

Description of Work
My a/c went out and I have a home warranty company. My warranty company uses Bell Cow.

07/13/2017

Carlos C.

Terrible service! To be honest this was a home warranty call, and perhaps they treat home warranty calls with less care than their "regular" cash caller! I have a tenant that is a single mother with 3 year old twins in a 4 story condo. He said he couldn't get roof access and needs to coordinate with condo manager. Why? Because he couldn't find it!!! I do not consider myself a genius, I press the button on the elevator to the 4th (highest floor), then notice two rusty doors without numbers held closed by a loose nail. The first door is storage and the 2nd door i tried has permanent iron ladder to the roof with an unlocked hatch. He did NOT fix the unit because he said he couldn't find the access!?!? This was Friday and temps in the 90's and inside the home in the mid 80's. Fridge is not working properly due to the heat. I called on Monday and said they could not schedule for that day. I asked the tech to call me. He did and stated he couldn't find the access, I got heated and stated that if it was your mother, sister or grandparent you would give a bit more care and find it! He said to change my attitude. I told him attitude is irrelevant at this point. He is NOT coming out that day I had to find another HVAC Tech that fixed it that same day! How can someone NOT find a roof access. It took me under 2 minutes to find it. He simply didn't give a darn! How can I or anyone let a family go without HVAC for another day for no reason other than a lack of care. She already spent an additional few days without cooling because of a lack of professionalism! I told him I would review his business he said go ahead, so here it is. By the way, I do have a video showing how EASY it is to find. I can post if desired.

Description of Work
Central Heating and Cooling system in a condo was not cooling and window AC units are not allowed. Tenant with 3 year old twins and temps in the 90's made this request urgent.

06/16/2017

Lonnie A.

I contacted AHS warranty for services and a Bell Cow technician, by the name of Terrence Pennington, was dispatched to my home. He was very professional, courteous and quickly identified a faulty part. He was able to get it working before leaving but recommended a replacement. Fortunately so, because it stopped working again later that evening. Upon return to replace the part, he corrected a second problem causing intermittent issues with my upstairs unit. He left his business card and advised to contact him directly if I had anymore issues. He even pulled my trash can back around the house for me. Great service! Will definitely recommend!

Description of Work
My downstairs air conditioner unit stopped working.

06/12/2017

Christine M.

He fixed. We have had many others over to fix the problem and they did not. But Butch From Bell cow did it. I want to thank them for everything. Christine Mozannar Norfolk Va

Description of Work
My air conditioner. Kept messing up. So we called bell cow the tech Butch was wonderful and knew what the problem was. will now only use Bell Cow

06/05/2017

Michael A.

The service of this company has been awful. They got the parts to repair our A/C in Fayetteville, NC, on Wednesday, May 31st, but couldn't schedule an installment until the following Monday, June 5th, between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. It is now 3:48 and I have been waiting all day and have yet to hear from them. You can't call their office in Fayetteville or elsewhere - their phone number is for an answering service. Our property manager and property owner have tried to contact them as well, but have not been able to get to anyone other than the answering service. We are only using this company because it is the local vendor American Home Shield uses, and AHS sent them the parts needed for the repair. I would never recommend using a company that has such poor customer service. The Homeowner also paid $800 up front for refrigerant that is not covered under the home warranty, and they have not been able to reach this company to find out what is going on.

Description of Work
Replace an a/c compressor and outside fan motor on our homes HVAC system under an American Home Shield warranty.

05/31/2017

Torrey K.

We contacted Bell Cow on a Saturday about the issue. They called back Tuesday to say they'd fix it Thursday. On Wednesday they said "oops we screwed up, we can't come tomorrow, we'll come Monday." I reminded them that I had a leak causing massive water damage and all the rep could say was "I wasn't the one who scheduled you, someone else screwed up." I consider that extremely poor customer service, will not deal with them again.

Description of Work
A pipe that carried AC condensation from our AC unit to the outdoors was leaking into our house, causing massive water damage to the ceiling, floor, walls, carpets, etc.

05/19/2017

Dawnn B.

Our tech Butch arrived with a very happy presence putting me at ease front the start, my coworkers gave me all their bad experiences about AC problems with techs so I was so scared. Butch evaluated the situation and gave me all my options with the prices that my warranty covered and didn't cover. He made me feel at ease as he proceeded to fix our leak and put freon in our unit, explaining the whole while what he was doing, again putting me at ease. Homeowners need more techs like Butch! He also suggested the yearly maintenance on our unit to keep us aware of any future problems or issues. I hope American Home Shield keeps this company on their list of companies because if or when I need another service request, I want Butch. Dawnn B. Ocean View, VA

Description of Work
My unit had a leak.

05/16/2017

Heather F.

Horrible- scheduling was horrible. Scheduled initial tech to tell us that it need to be replaced, we he had not shown we called and were told we were scheduled for day. Have been scheduled two different time and now for the replacement and was rescheduled once halfway through the 4 hour window to only get rescheduled to today. They had not shown up again today and when we called to check we were told they could not come today and that we were scheduled for next week. We are going on three weeks now without A/c and I have a medical condition that worsens in the heat. Not happy!

Description of Work
A/c unit died, compressor needs to be replaced

05/08/2017

candice W.

Our Service Guy Maurice was awesome he was very detailed and explained everything and answered all questions we had.

Description of Work
Air Condition not working.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Carolina Power & Generators, Inc.

We're Carolina Power & Generators, Inc. The Generator Guys! Specializing in whole-home generators ONLY! Our friendly experts can help you find the right generator, install it, maintain it and make any necessary repairs. We specialize in whole-home standby generators and guarantee quality, affordability and convenience. Also, unlike other companies, we only send out trusted FACTORY TRAINED and CERTIFIED technicians.

Top Knotch Electric LLC

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, troubleshooting, lighting, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Cape Fear A/C, Heating, Plumbing & Electrical Inc.

Cape Fear Air Conditioning, Heating, & Electric Inc. is an air conditioning, heating, and electrical systems contractor with two locations to Serve You! Fayetteville, NC (910) 483-8790 and Raleigh, NC (919) 322-2000. We have been serving the Triangle and Fayetteville areas since 1973. Nobody knows Trane like we do...... We are the oldest Trane dealer in town! Our trained professionals sell, service and install all major brands as well. We repair and replace: Air conditioning systems • Heat pumps • Gas Package units • Heat Pump Package units• Duct systems • Gas furnaces • Air handlers • Mini Split Systems • Air cleaners • Ultra Violet Air Purification and Humidifiers We can provide our commercial and residential customers with affordable heating and cooling systems to fit their lifestyles and budgets. To better serve our customers, we offer 24-hour emergency service seven days a week. We also provide same-day service and repairs. Financing is available and we offer extended warranties! Cape Fear Air Conditioning & Heating Co., Inc. values your business and will work hard to maintain your complete satisfaction. Call us today to schedule service or request an estimate.

Offers by Cape Fear A/C, Heating, Plumbing & Electrical Inc. on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Residential & commercial HVAC & electrical.