ACME Plumbing Co.

North Carolina: Plumbers
12/31/2021

636 Foster St

Durham, NC 27701

Do you need quality plumbing repairs in Durham? Turn to ACME Plumbing Co. We have been the trusted plumbers in the community since 1947. With four generations of plumbers working on our team, you can trust we know what we’re doing. Our technicians are fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Additionally, we stand behind our work and offer a 2-year warranty on most of our labor and parts. Because of our commitment to excellent customer service, we won the Super Service Award in 2015 by Angie’s List and were given an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. To schedule a service, call (919) 371-0063....

4.2

plumbers (227)drain cleaning (22)water heaters (20)drain pipe installation (7)gas leak repair (1)home remodeling (15)well & water pump repair (6)HVAC Companies (5)water softeners (2)septic tank service (2)

10/01/2020

I'm only writing a review because they hung up on me and were very rude on the phone. It was surprising since they rank very high on AL. Called about an estimate but was told they charge to come out to provide a quote. Told them we were hoping to get a ballpark because we already had a high estimate (not that she asked but, it's from people doing other reno work for us which will give us access to...

Description of Work
Bathroom Faucet Replacement Estimate

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

01/29/2019

Great. Problem was solved very quickly

Description of Work
fixed a leaking faucet

Work Completed On 01/29/2019

01/14/2019

We had a great plumber by the name of Mike V. He completed the task at hand professionally and carefully, as well as making some minor adjustments to a DIY toilet tank lever flush installation. We appreciated his knowledge and efficiency. His cheerful demeanor and honest assessment of our problems won us over. We will be requesting him again.

Description of Work
plumbing repairs

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

12/18/2018

Acme worked us in to their schedule to repair a faulty (and spraying) toilet cutoff valve. I was out of town, so the house sitter had direct access with the repairman. Luckily I have a whole house cutoff valve in my basement, so the house sitter could shut down water to the leaking valve before the Acme repairman arrived. I called Acme from Arizona and within a couple of hours the repair in North ...

Description of Work
Replace cutoff valve to toilet. Emergency.

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

I'm so happy we were able to help you. We appreciate the opportunity.

08/04/2018

Excellent experience. The scheduler on the phone was polite and efficient. The technician arrived promptly, explained all work - some I had requested, some he recommended based on what he found - and pricing, and provided a clearly written summary explaining all work done.

Description of Work
Repair leaky outside hose bibbs, replace leaky washing machine supply hose, diagnose leaky water heater SPV, replace water pressure regulator.

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

08/03/2018

Excellent. Scheduling appointment was very good and quick. Eddie and helper Sullivan were on time, extremely professional, patient with all my concerns, fair and competent. Work was done efficiently. Highly recommend. Strongly suggest club membership for extra savings and priority scheduling. Pay for itself.

Description of Work
I was having a moaning sound in pipes. Problem was diagnosed and work was completed fairly and timely. Replaced hose bib and thermal expanse tank on water heater.

07/09/2018

I had a cheap compression valve break and spray water in the bathroom. Of course it was a Sunday night. I decided to get all three in the house replaced to avoid a repeat performance. Plumber arrived early Monday AM on time and completed work quickly. Seems to be a good job. Was more than I was hoping to pay. Cost was a bit higher due to getting them in quickly.

Description of Work
Replace 3 toilet shut-off valve for PEX pipe

Work Completed On 07/09/2018

Thank you for allowing us to be of service!

06/25/2018

The workmen were professional and explained everything they did. They showed me pictures of the parts of the plumbing that needed work, which I appreciated. The bill was easy to understand.

Description of Work
2 cracked hose outlet pipes were repaired, the tub drum trap was replaced, and a pressure regulator was installed.

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

Glad we could be of service! Thank you for the post.

06/22/2018

They fixed it & were very nice & friendly.

Description of Work
toilet leaking

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

We appreciate your being a customer, thank you!

05/07/2018

BEWARE! Acme arrived on schedule and completed two small repairs, a leaking faucet and a broken shower head. We were told we'd get discounted pricing and preferred scheduling if we purchased an annual contract. Based on Angie's list rating and the fact we had other plumbing problems to solve, we signed. The next issue we had related to low pressure on outside water flow, indicated by poor hose pre...

Description of Work
Two small repairs and diagnoses and recommendations for additional plumbing issues.

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

We dropped the ball responding to your request in a timely manner. I am so sorry. I have issued a refund for the cost of the service agreement.

Plumbing. Water heaters repair & replacement. Fixtures. Faucets. Disposals & drain cleaning.

Screen door repair. Piano moving. Heating & cooling. Well & septic tank services.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check