HOOK-IT-UP

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2010

3837 Bon-Rea Dr

Charlotte, NC 28226

HIU is a locally owned full service audio video sales and installation company. Specializing in automation, network & wifi design/management, video security and low-voltage wiring for residential, commercial, corporate, enterprise and retail projects. HIU was founded in 2010 when Jeff Janson merged his executive IT career with his passion for audio video. Jeff brings to the table twenty five years experience integrating and automating audio video solutions with IT systems. Get it, hook IT up. : ) They also have engineers and programmers that can address any size network and automation system on the market. From the family room to the boardroom they listen and provide solid simple solutions that fit your needs and budget. You can expect quality service at competitive rates and personable experienced technicians that treat your property with care....

02/15/2021

Brandon A.

True professionals who bring a wealth of experience and creativity to any tech/AV home setup challenge.

Description of Work
Design and implementation of wall-mounted hard-wired entertainment center

10/19/2020

Robert P.

Very well. Assessed the existing wiring. Came up with a plan. Then executed. Installed a better cable wire and hooked everything up. Did a good job!

Description of Work
Coaxial cable wiring from rooftop digital antenna to downstairs TV.

Category home security systems, tv antenna

10/07/2020

D. F.

I swapped out my old security panel with a new one that I purchased online from a DIY security company. I wanted the panel hardwired to my wall, so I called the Hook-It-Up and Brogdon, the installer, was sent within the hour to complete the job. The installer was pleasant and professional. Moreover, he installed my panel with no issues. He even removed some excess wires hanging on the side of my home left over from a previous cable/internet company, upon request. I would hire this company again, especially since Brogdon, is a certified electrician. This fact alone made me feel at ease.

Description of Work
Hook-It-Up installed a security panel that I purchased online.

Category home automation

07/22/2020

Dina M.

Jeff made sure that I had all my parts and fixed the TV.

Description of Work
Repair a TV

Category tv repair, home security systems

07/13/2020

Michael C.

Would like to rate this gentleman/company but never materialized... He came out promptly and we discussed outdoor sound system and re-doing my living room sound/theatre/wifi system and I was excited to get it all done. Jeff kept me hanging over a month to get me even a quote (blaming suppliers? for a quote?) and now Summers half gone (still no estimate) so I guess I'll do these projects next year with someone else....waste of time.

Description of Work
Outdoor & Indoor sound system

Category electrician, home theater design

07/04/2020

Mike W.

Great work! They answered quickly responded the next day and delivered the work at a reasonable price. I would definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Needed some wiring pulled from bedrooms to network closet

Category home security systems, phone wiring

06/05/2020

ANDREAS B.

Service was above and beyond expectations. After a quick consultation via e-mail I set up an appointment for the following week. The technician showed up right on time and was very courteous and knowledgeable. The old TV and wall mount was quickly removed. After some discussion we decided to install a new larger back box in the wall behind the TV to hold some necessary equipment. The technician had to go to the office the retrieve the new box, since he did not have one with him, and returned a short while later. The installation of the box, the new wall mount, and TV went smoothly and the technician even covered the holes from the old mount to avoid a draft. I would highly recommend this provider any time and will definitely use them again in the future should the need arise.

Description of Work
Uninstall TV and TV wall mount, install new mount and TV

07/02/2019

Kristen K.

Jeff Jansen was initially very responsive and prompt with the service. In fact, I believe most of the positive reviews were written based on the work of Jeff and Brogdon, and not what problems occurred when the job was finished. Following the main work in the house being completed, any follow up by Jeff was extremely poor. Text messages and phone calls were not promptly returned, appointments were not kept, and it eventually led to no response from Jeff at all. We attempted multiple times to contact him through email, text, and phone calls; however, there was no response. We are now left with unfinished wireless work in our home and remote controls not working. Brodgon was an amazing worker and it would benefit him tremendously to start his own business. While I hope nothing happened to Jeff, I would not recommend him to complete any work in a home due to very poor follow-up customer service.

Description of Work
Television mounting and wireless work

Category electrician, home theater design, satellite tv service

We appreciate your review. But don’t appreciate your explanation and your attitude. Since completing your projects many months earlier I have personally provided excellent customer service on numerous occasions and never asked to be compensated. The most recent issues that I didn’t fix had nothing to do with the projects we completed for you. The equipment that failed came with the home you purchased and I advised your husband with what to purchase to fix it. As far as your tv remote control, you told me the puppy chewed it up. So I assumed you would order another from Amazon for $12. As far as suggesting that one of our techs that’s been with us more then five years leave and start his own business. Well that’s his option, but frankly he doesn’t care to deal with all the customer drama and we give him all the time off he wants to have quality of life outside of work.

06/30/2019

Kristen K.

Jeff was very responsive at first. Once appointments were scheduled, he and Brogdon were prompt and quickly and efficiently completed all the work. With money still left to pay on our bill and some unfinished work left, Jeff stopped responding to all texts and phone calls. We are now left with unfinished wiring work in our home. I believe that customers are writing their excellent reviews based on immediate completion of the work and not on issues that occurred after the work was finished. Clearly, once the main job is completed, Jeff does not want to be bothered with any issues. Brogdon did most of work in our home and is absolutely amazing. In fact, I would highly encourage him to start his own business and work independently. I would not rehire Hook It Up Audio due to poor customer service With follow up.

Description of Work
Power for home speaker system, wiring and hanging of televisions

Category electrician, home theater design, tv repair, satellite tv service, cable tv service, tv sales

02/28/2019

Patricia S.

We were having issues with our telephone lines in our home, so I searched on Angie’s List and found Hook It Up – and are very grateful that we did! I was prepared for the worst since I had trouble finding any company that advertised telephone line repair. Since we all use our home lines less and less, I did not want to invest a lot repairing lines that I may not use in 3 or so years. My fears were misplaced however when I met Jeff and immediately felt comfortable with their approach and solutions. They did an exceptional job diagnosing our telephone line problems, and quickly fixing – for a very reasonable cost. They spent extra time explaining our issue and how to avoid in the future, were timely, and left the house spotless. I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Telephone line repair.

Category phone wiring

01/02/2019

Michele M.

Jeff answered my call on a Sunday. He came right away for a free estimate and was able to schedule me within 2 days to have our work completed. His estimate was very reasonable for the amount of work that needed to be completed. Jeff along with his tech Brogdon were very professional and did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
We needed our new TV mounted above our fireplace and our wires placed behind the wall to be unseen.

Category electrician, home theater design, satellite tv service

12/21/2018

Prince J.

I called on a whim expecting to leave a voicemail as I had done with so many other providers. Jeff however picked up and asked for details about my needs. After a brief discussion, he felt confident they could get the job done. What impressed me the most was that the company was flexible with my schedule and came out the very next morning. Beyond the professionalism and attention to detail which I rate exemplary it was the quality of work that has won me over as a forever customer. They didn't just tack some wires together, they are neat, hidden and the tech explained everything throughout the process. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Camera System Install Including Outside Wiring over 300 Feet

Category home theater design, home security systems, phone wiring, home automation

06/26/2018

Richard Y.

We gave Jeff a negative review last week. He remedied the situation today by arriving on time and performing the needed work. I would use Hook it up/ Jeff again as he has done several successful repairs for us in the past.

Description of Work
Audio equipment repair/replace.

05/14/2018

NANCY H.

I needed my antenna moved and additional wiring work completed. The team from Hook-IT-Up was able to come out quickly (within a couple days of the call--they could have come sooner but I was unavailable that day) and they arrived at my home on punctually. The techs were knowledgable and understood exactly what I needed. They worked quickly, checked in with questions when necessary, and also checked with me to ensure that the work was exactly what I wanted. We are very happy with the services performed--my antenna reception is infinitely better than before, the re-wiring work exceeded my expectations, and the techs worked efficiently and cleaned up behind themselves well. My only word of advice is to ask for a quote before work is started--we did not get one, and while we were fine with the charges, some customers might suffer some sticker shock after the fact. Knowing the quality of the work, however, we were happy to pay the fees and would absolutely re-hire in the future.

Description of Work
Antenna location moved, other wiring re-done

Category home theater design, tv antenna

05/02/2018

Dean E.

Very pleased with the professionalism and level of service received from the technicians. Jeff worked with me to provide guidance on what options might work and now I am receiving an excellent signal with my TV antenna. I would highly recommend working with this Team.

Description of Work
TV antenna and splitter installation.

Category tv antenna

03/10/2018

Diane F.

Jeff and his staff of wonderful to work with. They wired two homes for us so far, he is very responsive and great to work with, can't go wrong here! Will use them again and again.

Description of Work
Wiring TV equipment and sound

11/10/2017

Lauren M.

This company gives the best service. Their technicians provide a phenomenal attention to detail and respond immediately to follow up questions. Jeff personally came to my house to make a few adjustments to my setup to ensure I was happy.

Description of Work
I've had three different jobs done by this company. I had two tvs mounted and one moved.

Category home theater design, tv sales

11/06/2017

AMY DILLON K.

He had to reschedule his appointment, but when he arrived he was very friendly and helpful and creative in making my requests work. Then, he disappeared. He did not respond to texts or phone calls. He even hung up on me the last time I called. I have no idea what happened, but it would be nice to have an explanation.

Description of Work
I wanted a tv and sound system installed in my den.

10/12/2017

David D.

Jeff Janson contacted me promptly and visited our home to do a site survey. We had a couple concerns uncovered by another company and though we needed all new equipment. Jeff was very knowledgeable and made a number of suggestions in order to be able to re-use most equipment. He was able to anticipate things I did not even think about so that we would be ecstatic with the end result. He and his assistant, Brogden worked tirelessly to ensure everything was perfect. My wife and I are very very pleased with the end result and highly recommend Hook It Up.

Description of Work
We moved into a new home and wanted to re-use our AV receiver and speakers and other equipment. Needed to purchase and install new outdoor speakers and Harmony universal remote.

Category home theater design, home automation

10/02/2017

Sean D.

When I upgraded to AT&T high-speed optical, the AT&T technician didn't want to route the optical line where I wanted it. He didn't bother to remove the old CAT Ethernet cables and bread-tied the new optical line onto those cables. My office looked junky with all the wires going over the doorframe and following the floorboard. I knew where I wanted the wiring to go, but not exactly who to go to for this type of work. I called an electrician, who seemed confused by what I wanted done. I didn't feel good about using him. A friend of mine then recommended Hook-It-Up after they installed a home entertainment sound system in his house, and he really liked their work. Jeff, the owner of Hook-It-Up, answered my call and promptly came out to inspect the cabling and give me a quote. The difference between his questions and the electrician who'd come out earlier was significant. (As an example, the electrician didn't even ask to see the crawl space where the wiring enters the house.) Jeff's questions showed he wanted to understand the nature of the work before he agreed to it. It was a no-brainer after he said he could do it and gave me a very reasonable quote. He returned the next day with Gary, a technician who works for him, and they started rerouting the cables, which included moving the optical and installing a Ethernet cable outlet into the wall. Moving the optical cable was extremely delicate (I can't stress this enough), but they handled it well just like everything else. Gary performed the majority of the work, and he did an excellent job. He was careful, made sure the wiring was neat and tied off so it looked good, and thoroughly cleaned up the work area after he was done. He also was very pleasant, and explained to what he was doing and answered all my questions. I think Hook-It-Up did a fantastic job, the price of the work very reasonable, and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Description of Work
Relocated AT&T optical line and CAT7 Ethernet cable

Category electrician, moving companies

07/12/2017

Melissa P.

Fantastic experience - very professional and appreciated their expertise and guidance

Description of Work
Needed to move audio visual components to new home, set up wi-fi, universal remotes and sonos

07/02/2017

Alpesh S.

Jeff and his incredible engineers are the best - knowledgeable, professional, and very flexible. The craftsmanship is unmatched and I highly recommend their service. Additionally they fixed existing audio wiring without a big deal - very courteous!!

Description of Work
Installed new whole house Sonos system and also hung TVs.

06/18/2017

Douglas D.

Jeff and his team did an awesome job installing my flat screen tv, sound bar, subwoofer and remote speakers. The tv had to be hung in a recessed niche above my fireplace and there was a very tight margin within the space to mount the bracket and center the tv, but they did it perfectly! The IR Extender and remotes work perfectly. Great picture and awesome sound! Very pleased with the great job they did for me and I just found them looking on Angie's List. I would highly recommend Hook It Up to anyone. -Douglas

Description of Work
Install flat screen tv and sound bar, run wire and connect RA Extender, hook-up subwoofer and remote speakers, program and sync all equipment.

06/06/2017

Michael R.

Upon calling Hook-It-Up, Jeff Janson agreed to call me at 10:00 am the following Tuesday. I ended up calling him, he was busy and said he would call back that afternoon. Since I did not hear from him that day, I called the following day. He agreed to come out the next day on Thursday. He showed up on time and spent an hour with me to understand the scope of work. He took down my info and said he would get back to me with a quote. I did not receive a quote, so I called back multiple times. He will not return my calls. I ended up doing the work myself.

Description of Work
I needed help updating my home theater. I wanted to add speakers, HDMI cable, and LAN cable. I also wanted to better understand how my home is wired.

Category home theater design

This is true and you were obviously a DIY customer. I'm not interested in doing business with someone that buys "all" the materials, picks my brain, and does their own work. I wish contractors could rate customers too.

05/25/2017

Betty B.

No applicable. Rep to busy to talk to me.

Description of Work
Contacted company representative. Jeff Jansen, on April 5, 2017. Basically told they had been very busy but he would return my call. So I texted him my contact info immediately. No return call as of today.

Category home theater design

Good morning [Member Name Removed], I'm so glad you posted this review! I apologize for not getting back to you. I remember hearing your message, but can't find it with your number or your text on my phone. I might have accidentally deleted it.

DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES

We install LOW VOLTAGE landscape Lighting systems. Our products are of the highest quality, utilizing energy saving LED technology with smartphone App controlled capabilities. Try our FREE Lighting Demonstration. We will come out to your location at NIGHT, set up our lighting for you to view and create the atmosphere that best suits your needs. Call Owner/Operator Tim Snyder 704-749-4949

Offers by DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES on Angi
    Limelight Outdoor Lighting

Limelight Outdoor Lighting is a landscape lighting contractor located in Charlotte, NC. We specialize in custom low voltage LED lighting systems that are well-designed and professionally installed. We offer landscape lighting design and installation services as well as outdoor lighting maintenance and repair for residential and commercial properties in and around the Charlotte Metro area. From architectural accent lighting and landscape lighting to security lights, deck lights, patio lights, path lights, string lights, and pool lights, our custom outdoor lighting systems are designed to fit your vision and budget. Our process is simple and begins with a free design consultation. Call today to schedule an appointment.

Offers by Limelight Outdoor Lighting on Angi
    Electricidad Servicio

We specialize in electrical services and repairs, Install Fans, coach lights, plugs, vanity lights, water proofing, GFI, Tesla Chargers, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

TV Sales
    Phone Wiring
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Design/Build/Consult Home Theaters, Screening & Media Rooms. Outdoor Living Spaces. Live Audio/Video for Boardrooms, Conference Rooms, Huddle Rooms. Public Address Systems. Network Design & Remote Management, Indoor/Outdoor WiFi Expansion, Video Security & Access Control. Smart Home/Office Automation, Pre/Post Construction/Upfit Fiber/CAT6a/CAT7 Wiring/Cabling. Mobile/Cell Signal Boosting. Automated Blinds, Roman Shades and Lighting. Hide-A-Hose Central Vacuum.

Stopping the clock on your VCR from blinking : )