A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc.

Founded 1983 • With Angi since September 2011

4.3

16909 NC 902 Hwy

Bear Creek, NC 27207

At A-1 Heating & Cooling Inc, our path to success is no secret: Our goal is to provide personalized customer care combined with dependable HVAC services. With our years in business and extensive experience in the HVAC field, we are committed to honesty, integrity and a strong commitment to excellence. When it comes to regulating the comfort of your home, business or workplace, you can trust our heating and cooling professionals to deliver prompt, certified service that you can count on....

10/07/2016

Edward M.

06/02/2014

Kathleen R.

We are very happy with the services of A1 Heating and Cooling. He comes, he does the job and he gets done, he is also an honest, straightforward guy, where he stands behind his work, he is always there, he has been around for a long time. I was entirely happy with the work, the price was relative to everybody else. Mainly because we worked with him for so long, I felt confident he was dealing me in the right direction.

Description of Work
I have used the services of A1 Heating & Cooling, they replaced an unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you (removed member name) for the kind words. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you as a customer for many years to come.

04/03/2013

darryl L.

A1 heating and cooling did a excellent job for us, Work was performed in a timely manner and quality of work was outstanding ! We would highly recommend them again to do work for us.

Description of Work
A1 heating &cooling did a excellent job on our new heating and cooling system, which is a Trane system. We are neighbors of the person who tried to slander this company. The neighbor is a miss busy body that thinks she controls the subdivision, and we hear that a slander lawsuit is being taken against her for false statements against A1. We know how she is and that is why we did not put any trust in her review.

12/31/2012

Richard S.

Now, this is not an inexpensive system being the most efficient residential system of this type that Trane builds. So, I put the system out to bid to three contractors including A1. Their price was a full $2K less than their nearest competitor for the same system and materials list. A1 are Chatham County people and seem to understand the value of a dollar. The closer the other vendors were to Chapel Hill or Cary, the higher their prices were. Given the really decent price and my previous experience with Michael and his folks, giving them the order was a no-brainer. We decided to wait until late fall to install the system so that the weather would likely not call for heat or cool on the day we did the change over. Michael's installation crew came out a couple of days beforehand, made a bunch of measurements and prepared a list of what they would need. They came back the morning of the 19th and had the old system hauled away and new system in place by mid afternoon. The overall installation work was terrific and the new system looks like it grew there. Using a variable speed blower and dual-stage heat and cool, we noticed right away how much more comfortable the house is. And it is so quiet that it is hard to tell when it is running. A1 provided a seven-day, digital, touch-screen thermostat with it that also controls our central humidifier system and can control a host of other accessories including connection to our wireless Internet. I let the dogs out early in the morning, around the time the system kicks in to warm the house up a few degrees for the day. I've noticed that it has been cold enough for the outside thermostat to tell the system controller to run on propane for a while. But this has never been for more than 20 minutes or so and I can see that that the system has been heating the house the rest of the day usually just on the first stage of the two-stage heat pump. So, I am confident that we are going to see huge savings both summer and winter. And with warranties running up to 20 years, I expect that this system will pay for itself in just a few years. This was a big investment, but my confidence in the knowledge of the A1 folks and my history with their skill and promptness made this an easy decision to make. I can provide my fullest recommendation of the good people at A1 and am confident that the new Trane system will not disappoint us. But I hesitated to write this story as A1 are one of the best kept secrets in Chatham County and being a family business, I'd hate to have to share them with others with the potential consequences that growth might bring as Chatham County is surely growing pretty quickly. I really do hope that others can benefit from having such good people nearby and really hope that their success has the best of consequences for their business and customers alike.

Description of Work
We have employed the folks from A1 to maintain the HVAC system at our home in Pittsboro for over five years. They were not the original supplier of the GMC system installed when we built our house in 1999. However they have been servicing the overall system since 2007. We have had them on an annual service contract and for a nominal fee, they come out in the spring to service the unit for the summer cooling season and again in the fall to service the unit for the winter heating season. Their work was always first-class, we never waited more than a day when breakdown service was needed and having a service contract, there was never a labor charge and all parts were discounted. Their trucks are very well stocked and equipped. Being a mechanical engineer, I've always been impressed with the range of equipment they have and with their troubleshooting skills. I met with Michael Poe during this last spring's service call and spoke with him about how the cost of heating the house with straight propane was just killing us. He noted that the original GMC system was going on 15 years of age and that systems from that time period were far less efficient than today's technology. He suggested that I give thought to replacing the system as it was approaching its useful life of around 15 years for that manufacturer before repairs would likely start getting expensive (heat exchanger, compressor, leaking condenser, etc.). He left me some literature on the Trane XL14 and XL16 dual-fuel systems (heat-pump primary heat with natural gas/propane auxiliary). He pointed out that the price for the electricity that is the primary heating source for it is regulated while the price for propane is not and can vary a great deal from one year to the next. Therefore, heating the house with a high-efficiency (16+ SEER) electric heat-pump as primary with propane as the auxiliary/emergency heat source should result in huge savings. My concern at using a straight heat-pump system was the possible loss of heat during one of our not-so-uncommon winter ice-storms and power loss. The dual-fuel system enables me to switch the system to emergency heat and heat on straight propane by cutting out the heat pump compressor. This can be done comfortably along with lighting the house with just a 5 KW generator. After reading the specifications carefully, it appears that the first stage of the A/C system also may run under the 5 KW generator as it only pulls 1.5 KW!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your response. It has been a pleasure working with you and hope to have you as a customer for many years to come. We're always just a phone call away when you need us.

12/19/2012

ann W.

It went great. We never had a problem. They were very punctual; if they set a time, you could count on them. The professionalism was a big plus for us. They worked around our times when we could be home. No matter how late or early, you can count on them. Great group of guys to work with. We need more people like them working on the outside to help the older group like us. They talked in a language we could understand. I wouldn't call anyone but A1 if I ever had a problem. The rating in our book is all 5 stars!!!

Description of Work
Put in our home A/C and heating system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for all your positive comments. We appreciate your feedback and are only a phone call away if you need us.

09/04/2012

Marci M.

As stated above, we have dealt with A1 for 3 years. The only good thing is that they chose good contractors to buid our house. Other than that, nothing else about that company is good. I would not recommend them to anyone.The owner, Michael Poe, is the developer of our neighborhood, and therefore created the covanence. However he does not follow his own rules. He doesn't mow the side of the road, cuts trees right next to property lines, etc.Our air conditioning was not working right and we spent good money to have A1 try to fix it. After spending a ton of money, we called another company that was able to fix the issue immediately for a very low service charge.

Description of Work
Have dealt with A1 Heating and air for quite awhile because they are the company that built our house. House is great, due to good contractors, but service and professionalism is horrible. A1 did not get the first year punch list completed. Also, we continually had issues with our air conditioning (you would think they could fix that considering it is their speciality) and would not fix it. We called another company, and they fixed it. It was a simple fix and should have been easy to resolve, but A1 did not have a clue (they don"t even use meters for measuring). Owner is not professional at all and you can barely understand what he says. His helpers are no better.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

All the information here is false. The Customer is trying to ruin the reputation of the company due to a grudge with one of the employees and the owner. She is vindictive and a court date is pending for her remarks.

04/04/2012

Tracy R.

They were pretty efficient and did a good job.

Description of Work
I used A 1 Heating & Cooling in the fall.

09/12/2011

Morris P.

I have been using them on an ongoing basis for eight years. They do a great job. They are very prompt at getting out here and fixing the problem, and I don't have to have them come back. Their quality of work is excellent. The last time around, I did not spend anything because the compressor was still under warranty. They are located in Siler City, but they support Greensboro area. I would rate them highly.

Description of Work
I used A1 Heating & Cooling to replace a compressor that went out on the air conditioner.

09/14/2007

MICHAEL G.

I think they were nice people overall. I have nothing bad to say about them personally, they were nice. The problem was they did not get the job done right. They added more cooling gas to the unit, but the unit had a leak and the gas escaped, so I don't recommend them. That wasn't very professional. They didn't fix it either.

Description of Work
I had this company add some cooling gas to the air conditioner on my 1100 square foot home.

06/20/2006

THE COMPANY WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL. THEY ANSWERED ALL OF THE QUESTIONS I HAD. THEY SEEMED VERY TRUSTWORTHY AND TRUTHFUL. I FELT REALLY COMFORTABLE AROUND THEM AND WITH THEIR SERVICES.

Description of Work
THE COMPANY REPAIRED THE FAN ON MY AIR CONDITIONER.

Thermo Direct Inc.

For over a decade, the professionals at Thermo Direct Inc have worked hard for our friends and neighbors in the Triangle area. Helping homeowners and business owners, our comfort system technicians will make sure that your property’s heating and air conditioning equipment works as reliably and energy efficiently as possible. For projects big and small, we provide honest, cost-effective service. Relax... The Doctor is in the House!

Comfort First Heating & Cooling

Comfort First Heating and Cooling takes great pleasure in being the friendliest, most caring and competent air conditioning and heating service, repair and installation company in North Carolina & Virginia. Our more than 20 years of residential and commercial experience gives us the confidence needed to boldly offer the most aggressive,thoughtful Written Guarantee in the industry. Everything we do, from answering your first call to seeing the savings in your electricity after our visit, is meticulously planned because we feel that every detail of your comfort is valuable. If you need air conditioning and heating service, repair or installation and live in central North Carolina, we have technicians locally that can serve you. Contact Us today to find the people and comfort you can count on! Financing is available and Military discounts.

Offers by Comfort First Heating & Cooling on Angi
    R Air Conditioning HVAC

R&M Air AConditioning HVAC has over 12 years of quality experience in the HVAC industry. We provide a wide range of Heating and A/C services and we know how to get your job done right. From full installations to minor tune-ups, we do it all! We're locally owned out of Greensboro NC and we are a family operated business. Please call or click for an estimate today!

Offers by R Air Conditioning HVAC on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc.

How is A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. overall rated?

A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. open?

A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. is open:

What payment options does A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. provide

A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard

Does A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc.?

Yes, A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. offer?

A1 Heating & Cooling, Inc. offers the following services: Electric HVAC, Emergency Service, Gas Heating Service, HVAC Duct Service, HVAC Installation, Repair & Remodeling. Trane, Air Conditioners, Cooling Systems, Goodman, Heat Pumps, HVAC Systems