Gecko Landscape Creations, LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2009

Design and istallation of landscape, hardscape, outdoor lighting, outdoor fire places and pits, and all aspects of the project required. $2500 project minimum...

Atlantis Drainage Solutions

Atlantis Drainage Solutions was incorporated in 1997. The President, Ken Banks, was previously employed with a local foundation repair company for 6 1/2 years before starting his own company. It was his belief based on personal experience, as well as professional engineer statements, that the majority (85%) of wet basements could be made dry or maintained dry by improving and managing the water run-off (drainage) around the structure. Therefore our motto became, We Correct the Cause Not the Symptom!

PEREZ LANDSCAPE & TREES SERVICE

A.B. May

Aleda and Bill Posladek are the founders of A.B. May. They purchased May Furnace Company in 1959. They renamed it A.B. May A for Aleda and B for Bill and set out to offer Kansas City comfort and top quality service with a few employees and four trucks. Over the years we have expanded to offer Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance repair services. In the mid-1970’s we pioneered one of the first homeowner warranties in the industry. Today, we give thousands of Kansas City homeowners a plan for home repairs through our Home Warranties for home buyers and our Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Value service plans. In the nearly 60 years since our business began, we have grown to employ more than 275 people and taken care of thousands of home repair needs for our friends and neighbors that call Kansas City home.

Offers by A.B. May on Angi

11/29/2017

Jeff R.

Gecko was professional and friendly the whole way through the process. They were prepared, talented and experienced. They had great suggestions and weren't offended with our input. They took extra care in protecting our front and back yards with their heavy equipment and were careful with the neighbor's yard as well. The owner worked very hard onsite and his wife in the office was great at communicating to us. They were also very good about staying within the budget we had asked for. I can't think of anything they could have improved upon. We are very pleased and would gladly give a reference.

Description of Work
We talked to 3 companies where a representative or owner came out and provided an estimate. Two companies were great to work with. Gecko was our choice to provide decorative rock and grading to control the erosion in our back yard and provide a nice contrast around our trees, bushes and previous landscaping we had done ourselves.

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel

04/12/2017

Eric T.

Good. Some communication and scheduling challenges, but good overall.

Description of Work
Hardscaping- retaining wall and steps

02/09/2017

Mike A.

Heath & Scottie are top notch people to work with! Heath does incredible work with an attention to detail. Everything that has been done looks amazing. All the plants, sod, and the amazing 20' tree are growing like crazy. Everyone loves our backyard oasis. We had Gecko back out again last spring to help us figure out a solution with a severe drainage problem that was causing our pool liner to float. Our yard has a terrible slope due to us being at the lowest part of the neighborhood. There’s loads of run-off from the yard behind us when it storms. He provided us with the best solution to the problem at a very reasonable price to the point we had him do some stone work we wanted to do as well, again at a reasonable price. Needless to say, no more issues with drainage, and the stone work is art. The best part is when Heath is working things don't get at trashed in the yard, and when he's done it looks he's never been there other than fine work left behind to enjoy. Gecko Landscape Creations will always be our "Go landscaping company"

Description of Work
(1st time) 2013 - Lots of landscaping around new in-ground pool area and large concrete patio deck. Planting of a 20' red maple and new sod work. (2nd time) 2015 - More landscaping, stone work, and some major drainage work.

Category landscaping

12/12/2016

Cindy S.

Heath came highly recommended to me by my architect brother who very particular about work done at his house. We are very satisfied with the work done and will definitely use Gecko again.

Description of Work
Heath installed a paver patio and landscaping around our deck including drainage.

Category landscaping

09/06/2015

Jim S.

Owner came out and was very professional and cordial. After he left we were excited because we thought he was someone we could work with and would do a good job. But we never heard back from him with an estimate. When I called the "office", I got his wife who said she would check with him. I called back again a few days later and she told me he didn't think there was enough "hardscape" work to make it worth his while. We had been looking for an addition to our patio (probably concrete but maybe pavers) and a modest retaining wall. This was in addition to a new covered deck and a small amount of landscaping. He was going to sub out the deck. I'm not sure I understand how much work he would have needed but I can respect it if he didn't think there was enough work for him, but a call back would have been more professional and straight forward.

Description of Work
Estimated work.

01/29/2014

Jennie C.

I was very disappointed. I was also disappointed that they did not have the courtesy to call me earlier to let me know that they could not help us or be able to come out to the house, especially since I needed it done by his graduation party which was the first week in May. I am glad that they are too busy to take on new clients, but they put me 2 weeks behind with other landscapers to try and hire.

Description of Work
I made an appointment with Gecko 2 weeks ago to come out and do an estimate on a replacement for my pool deck and then to repair pavers on my deck that were installed 10 years ago that some have shifted due to the dry weather from the past few years. I did need the work done by April 20th because of my sons graduation party. At the time of making the appointment it was not a problem. A day and a half before the appointment they called me and cancelled because they were too busy! I wasted 2 weeks of time because they cancelled at the last minute.

Category hardscaping

Unresonable people are so funny. We never met, never agreed to do any work, never gave a price quote. We did call in advance of an appointement after further weather set backs and confirming addtional project work that was added to our schdule to let them know there was no way we could meet there deadline which we never agreed to in the first place. This is just another example of some one throwing a temper tantrum in a public forum after they didn't get there way. I mean what are we supposed to lie and not be honest with people. I feel like we did the right thing and called. Seriously you really weren't going to call anyone else for a comparison bid or anything. Look people things change we let them know we couldn't do the work which by the way we never agreed to do nor gave a proposal for in the first place. As far as I can tell we should be getting an A rating for being honest and having decenency to call and talk to them. What gives, we do everything we can to treat everyone right with the truth. Again we never met had no agreement it may not have been a project for us any way. Further we usually chosse not to work for people like this with unresonable expectations. The weather is totally out of our control its been awefully clod this winter. Good luck and things have a way of working themselves out.

08/29/2013

Trevor G.

Excellent. Health Piersel and his crew were at my house when they said they would be to start the project. It was finished in the time estimated. Overall, we're very happy with the deck & patio!

Description of Work
Built retaining wall to support a 14' x 17' deck and then built a deck & paver patio attached to the deck that's 17' x 24'.

08/29/2013

Laura C.

Heath met with us and we showed him areas that needed work. He was punctual and came up with many ideas to help with our issues. His crew was punctual, very nice and conscientious. They worked very hard in 90+ degree heat. Landscaping is beautiful!

Description of Work
Rocked and landscaped around our pool. Along with multiple other areas, including a very steep hill! In totally, they laid 80 tons of rock and planted many trees and bushes.

08/28/2013

Steve L.

Outstanding! Heath is knowledgeable, professional & honest. He has great vision - listened to us & then created a backyard & patio even better than we had imagined.

Description of Work
Landscaping around pool & in backyard Built side brick patio & barn Annual upkeep Retaining wall in backyard

07/26/2013

Amy C.

Heath listened carefully to what we wanted and designed a beautiful patio and landscape. He is very responsive and receptive to questions and ideas and offered expert suggestions that enhanced the overall project. Either Heath or his foreman, Lucas, were on sight every minute of every day of work. All the workers were very respectful of our property taking care to clean up every night, by removing all debris, raking flattened grass, moving equipment off of grass and even sweeping dirt from the street in front. The installation of pavers is a process that was well planned and completed with careful precision. We highly recommend Heath and Gecko Landscape Creations. They completed a high quality job at the price promised.

Description of Work
Removed wood deck, designed and installed paver patio, landscape and landscape lighting around patio.

Category landscaping,hardscaping,patios

Patio design & installation, outdoor fireplaces & pits, low voltage lighting, outdoor living, hardscaping, segmental paving, landscape design build

lawn care of any kind,