AB May

Founded 1959 • With Angi since April 2012

Awards & Badges

7100 E 50th St

Kansas City, MO 64129

Aleda and Bill Posladek are the founders of A.B. May. They purchased May Furnace Company in 1959. They renamed it A.B. May A for Aleda and B for Bill and set out to offer Kansas City comfort and top quality service with a few employees and four trucks. Over the years we have expanded to offer Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, and Appliance repair services. In the mid-1970’s we pioneered one of the first homeowner warranties in the industry. Today, we give thousands of Kansas City homeowners a plan for home repairs through our Home Warranties for home buyers and our Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Value service plans. In the nearly 60 years since our business began, we have grown to employ more than 275 people and taken care of thousands of home repair needs for our friends and neighbors that call Kansas City home....

4.4

HVAC Companies (862)plumbers (323)electrician (93)drain cleaning (81)home warranty (70)water heaters (62)sewer cleaning (27)well & water pump repair (17)air duct cleaning (12)insulation (9)ceiling fan installation (8)small appliance repair (8)

12/04/2020

NEVER USE AB MAY FOR ANY SERVICES!!! I contacted AB MAY to help with root removal from my sewer line. They informed me that I needed to jet out my sewer line and it would cost me $2,000 but since I had a home warranty it would cost $1,500. I assumed AB MAY was a good company so I did not price check with other companies/plumbers. AB MAY then told me that they recommended I replace my entire sewer ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drain Cleaning

CATEGORY drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2020

11/23/2020

The tech came to the door. He said he performed the inspection and left. I was supposed to get a video showing me the state of my sewer line but never got it. It was a terrible experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Sewer Line Inspection

CATEGORY sewer cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/23/2020

[Member Name Removed], we apologize for your experience. We respect your time and do not want to waste it. We fell short here and we want to make it right with you. A member of our Customer Advocacy team will reach out directly. We look forward to resolving this with you.

08/24/2020

It took a week to get scheduled, then a week to receive the parts, then another week to return & install the parts. I was without my microwave for a month because they couldn’t get it fixed the first two visits, my dryer was down for two weeks. I have a houseful of kids so that created a huge stress for me. The tech was polite enough but the dispatchers were rude & uncaring. Will be cancelling my ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Microwave & dryer repair

CATEGORY small appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/24/2020

[Member Name Removed], we apologize for the frustration you have experienced over the last couple months. Rene from our Customer Advocacy team has reached out to you directly, and we look forward to resolving this with you.

07/07/2020

Called to get a quote to have our 20 year-old HVAC system replaced due to a leak in the refrigerant system. I was told there would be a $89 service charge for them to send out a technician before they would have a salesman come and provide a proposal to replace the system. I told them to forget it - apparently they are more interested in getting paid for their service calls than providing proposal...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace central air conditioning unit and furnace

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/06/2020

[Member Name Removed], we are so sorry you had a negative experience. We are always straight forward and honest with our pricing, and never apply hidden fees to our bills. We want to give our customers all the information they need to make an informed decision.

06/20/2020

I have a Value Plan (paid each month), but the company said they would not or could not come service my pool pump any day or time because I didn't have coverage. I asked what that meant and apparently, if I don't pay extra every month, I can't have the company I already pay come to my house for this service; even if I'm willing to pay a service fee! Wow, I've called another company for this servic...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Pool pump service.

CATEGORY electrician,wells

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/20/2020

[Member Name Removed], we understand it can be frustrating when something isn't covered. We have worked hard to make sure our customers know what is covered in each plan. Before signing up for the Value Plan, you should have received a detailed list of coverage. If you didn't, please reach out in a private message and we will look into it. We want our customers to know exactly what is covered and ...

03/19/2020

It was terrible. Please don't call AB May unless you have a lot of extra money you want to throw away. I was told, once the technician arrive, that it was going to be $426 to install a kitchen faucet - and that was with me supplying the faucet. My advice would be to call anyone but AB May if you need work done to your house or rental property.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen Faucet Installed

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/19/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], We apologize for the frustration you experienced. While we aren't always the cheapest option, we are upfront and honest with our pricing. We don't hide any fees, and always ask permission.

03/03/2020

They did a great job, very professional and very clean, and they responded to my request for their work as quickly as they could.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replaced some galvanized pipes, and semi annual check on the furnace and air conditioning

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2020

02/17/2020

so far so good. The water heater is old and living on borrowed time, but Brian helped the immediate problem.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had an issue with a water heater. Brian came out right away and took care of the problem. He spent time educating us on what he was doing and why.

CATEGORY plumbing,water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/17/2020

02/17/2020

Communication with company was clear. Technicians arrived on time. Work was completed well and in reasonable time. Technicians were thorough and courteous, explained procedures and answered all questions.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Plumbing: parts replaced in 2 sinks - Electrical: grounding rod installed, outlet and light repaired

CATEGORY electrician,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/20/2020

02/16/2020

Was repaired under a home warranty policy and did a great job. The technician went way beyond what was expected to resolve the problem. Great job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace Repair

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/15/2020

Heating and cooling, plumbing, electrical, indoor air quality, water treatment systems, appliance repair, duct cleaning, water heaters & standby generators.