Rumpca Services

Founded 1984 • With Angi since April 2003

1048 Hastings Ave

Saint Paul Park, MN 55071

Super Service Award Winner 2011, 2015, and 2016. Since 1984 Rumpca Services, Inc. has been providing our services to customers in the southeast metro area. We specialize in residential and light commercial heating, air conditioning, duct cleaning, plumbing repair, sewer and drain cleaning services. We offer installation, sales and service of environmentally friendly furnaces, air conditioning systems. Whole house duct cleaning, installation of air cleaners, humidifiers, heat recovery ventilators (HRV & ERV), sheet metal work, gas piping and other related services. The sewer, drain cleaning and plumbing repair division has been a part of the family for two generations and includes cleaning of all types of drains, main lines, floor drains, sinks, hydro jetting service, camera service, pipe thawing and other various services. We at Rumpca Services pride ourselves in high quality workmanship and believe our prompt, reliable service is essential to the success of our business. Additionally, we are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Thank you for letting us be of service to you....

11/08/2021

Kenneth L.

BUYER BEWARE! I WAS CHARGED $530 TODAY FOR A JOB THAT RUMPCA WOULD HAVE CHARGED $250 FOR ONE YEAR AGO: PLEASE READ ON: RUMPCA NO LONGER BILLS CUSTOMERS BASED ON PARTS AND LABOR. I Just spoke with Mr. Rumpca on the phone and he explained to me "We stopped doing that a year ago." The least they could have done for a long term customer was tell me up front that parts and labor charges are out the window. Mr. Rumpca further explained "We now charge a flat rate." IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING WHY RUMPCA NOW CHARGES A FLAT RATE here's how it works straight from the mouth of a reputable small business organization: "When a small business is paid a flat rate for completing a service, it can make more money by performing more services in a shorter amount of time" Unfortunately that means you, the customer pays more. In my case a lot more. More than double the price of what I would have paid under Rumpca's prior labor and parts pricing system. My furnace was not working properly yesterday. So I called Rumpca and they stopped by. They ended up replacing the gas control valve. Under Rumpca's prior practice of charging for parts and labor the total cost would have been $250. Here's how that breaks out: - LABOR $150: According to Homeguide The average cost for a service call is a minimum charge of between $75 - $200 and that is applied to the first hour of labor. I'm using $150 which is near the top of Homeguide's range. The technician was at my house for 1/2 hour - SEE TWO PHOTOS AT BOTTOM. Here's what he did: 1.) He looked in the error code window on the front of the furnace and it indicated that the gas control valve was bad 2.) He removed 2 screws and took off the furnace door 3.) He detached 2 electric quick disconnects from the existing gas valve 4.) He backed off the 2 threaded fasteners and removed the existing gas valve 5.) He rubbed thread sealant onto both threads and attached the new gas valve 6.) He plugged 2 electric quick disconnects into the new gas valve 7. He ran a quick pressure test 8.) He refastened the furnace door with 2 screws. THAT'S $430 DOLLARS FOR 1/2 HOUR OF LABOR - THAT IS WHAT I PAID UNDER RUMPCAS FLAT RATE PRICING - UNDER THE PRIOR LABOR + PARTS PRICING MY LABOR COST WOULD HAVE BEEN $150. - PARTS $100: The gas control valve Rumpca installed is sold on Amazon for $75. Since Rumpca is a business, they pay about $50 for the valve. Assuming they double that to make a profit on the part, $100 for parts. - TOTAL COST THAT RUMPCA WOULD HAVE CHARGED ME A YEAR AGO WHEN THEY WERE STILL CHARGING A FAIR PRICE BASED ON PARTS AND LABOR WOULD BE $250 ($150 labor + $100 parts). UNDER THEIR NEW FLAT RATE PRICING I WAS CHARGED $530. That's right! $530 dollars for 1/2 hour of labor and a part that cost them around $50. YOU NO LONGER RECEIVE AN ITEMIZED BILL THAT BREAKS OUT PARTS AND LABOR - Just a single line with the final amount. It's like taking your car to the auto mechanic and paying an expensive bill and you have no idea how much you paid for parts and labor - Since you're not a car mechanic or in this case a heating and a/c technician you have no idea how the costs break out for the parts and the labor - Not exactly good for an informed consumer but great for the small business, in this case Rumpca. RUMPCA IS NOT THE REPUTABLE COMPANY THAT I'VE BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH ALL THESE YEARS. In my opinion their new business model is to gouge as much as they can from the customer with flat rate pricing and manage their Google reviews so they look good (That night after they preformed the service they solicited a Google review from me via text message just like shady online companies do). I will be filing a formal complaint with the Minnesota Attorney General and the BBB - Rumpca should have notified me up front that I was no longer being charged for parts and labor as has been the case for many years. Morally suspect to say the least when a company changes their terms of service without notifying an existing customer. I will also post my review on all other online review sites so others know the score.

Description of Work
Replaced gas control valve in furnace

11/04/2020

Sally R.

For years we’ve relied on Rumpca Services for furnace and a.c. repair and installation, gas piping, and plumbing of all sorts. Contacting them for service or questions is easy and helpful, estimates are reliable and specific, we’ve never had to wait long for service and they are always on time and incredibly efficient. Pricing is reasonable and competitive. I don’t think you could ever go wrong with Rumpca Services.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair

06/14/2019

Roger C.

Representative was on time and completed job in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Checked and cleaned furnace and two fire places

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

All of us at Rumpca Services appreciate you leaving us a good review and we are always happy our customers are receiving good service. Thank you Jason Rumpca

08/22/2018

Joel H.

Great work...done in a timely fashion

Description of Work
Provide and install a new HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review, I am glad the install turned out well, its been a pleasure do work for you.

06/20/2018

Thomas L.

Be very wary about this company. They came out to give me a bid for a new central air conditioning unit and told me I needed to have my furnace replaced because the new air conditioning coil would not fit. When he mentioned the new furnace I abruptly ended the conversation and thanked him for stopping by. After he left I called their office and asked what type of units they sold and was told Lennox. I had two other companies give me bids for Lennox air units and neither mentioned an issue with the coil not fitting properly. His office had him call me back after he left and he still insisted I needed a new furnace. He also recommended a larger unit than I needed. The other two companies recommended a 13 seer unit and this guy recommended a 15 or 16 seer unit because he said the smaller units were of lesser quality. Yet the other companies are offering a 10 year warranty on all parts and labor. So I don't think he is correct. He said the smaller coil was going to be a cheap knock off. I don't know if they are dishonest or incompetent but I don't trust them.

Description of Work
Central air conditioner replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed] i am sorry you were not happy with our estimators recommendation to replace your 50 year old furnace i do believe we were recommending the new furnace in your best interest, the 13 seer air conditioner is the lowest efficient you that can be installed in Minnesota and we would always recommend going with a more efficient air conditioner.

02/13/2018

Rick S.

They gave me good advice and then did a great job on the installation

Description of Work
Replace water heaters

Category plumbing,water heater repair

We appreciate the good review and trusting in us to install the water heater for you. thank you Jason Rumpca

01/03/2018

Frank U.

They arrived on time and did a good job.

Description of Work
My water heater was leaking and I called Rumpca and they provided same day service to replace my water heater.

Category water heater repair

10/18/2017

nick W.

A service technician responded and left me a bill stating both were inspected and charged me $171. So, I thought that was it and everything was good to go. One week later, I get an estimate of over $3,100 dollars needed for repairs- not to include the already paid $171 for them to look at it. I hired a different company to come out and they quoted me only $275 worth of repairs and that the repairs Rumpca quoted were not correct nor needed.

Description of Work
I needed my A/C and Furnace inspected as to their proper installation and working order.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Sorry for the confusion we were only quoting to repair the items we thought were unsafe and not up to code as you asked us to do. On the initial call we had quoted you $171.00 to perform the inspection that you asked, and that is what you were charged, as you asked we then sent a quote to you for the repairs that we thought were needed which included, providing combustion air to the space per code, add piping to water heater relief valve per code, service the 33 year old furnace and make sure it checked out ok which was a concern because of the age of the furnace, rework PVC venting for furnace, remove humidifier, provide gas shut off valve per code, rebuild sheet metal plenum, service the evaporator coil, repair water leaks and install new main water shut off valves at the water meter, I feel the items we thought needed repair were not completed for $275.00. Thank you Jason Rumpca

08/21/2017

Joel H.

They've always done exactly what I wanted, so it is a good company. Everyone is pretty standard with pricing. There isn't much deviation in that category. They are really easy to work with all of the techs that I've had around. They have been very good with me.

Description of Work
They fixed my A/C.

03/20/2017

Diane W.

I wasn't home but my son let him in. Price was as quoted. He was on time. Thorough--checked septic tank in backyard too.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning.

Category drain cleaning

we appreciate you taking the time to right a nice review, please let us know if we can help you with any of your plumbing or heating needs in the future. Thank you

Randy's Electric

You deserve a safe and reliable home. Get the job done right the first time with outstanding customer service from the Twin Cities top rated electrician. Outlets, fans, lighting, smoke detectors, switches, and service panels. Your full service electrician.

Offers by Randy's Electric on Angi
    Creekside Electric LLC

We are a fully Licensed, Bonded and Insured family owned business with over 20 years experience. We believe that "Quality comes First" on all of our projects, no matter the size.

Advantage Electric

At Advantage Electric, our team of experienced professionals takes pride in affordable electrical service and top-quality workmanship on residential, commercial and industrial properties. We proudly serve Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN and the surrounding suburbs. Don’t be shocked by the high prices and low quality of other electricians! Get it done right the first time with Advantage Electric. Are you building a new home or business, remodeling or putting in an addition? Are you interesting in upgrading your existing electrical system? We offer complete wiring services, including rewiring and electric repair. We are a full-service electric contractor, with no job too big or too small. We also offer same-day, emergency service for your convenience. Advantage Electric services include: -Wiring -Lighting -Phone and data -Safety analysis -Whole-house surge protection -Electrical repairs We are proud to be locally owned and operated. Our reputation is built on our superior craftsmanship and personalized service. We finish each job as if it were our own project and ensure the quality and professionalism that you deserve. Together, we’ll make certain that we’re both proud of the finished product. Please call Advantage Electric today for an estimate on your project!

PM057244
    Minnesota
    State
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Sales Service & Installation.

Appliance repair, septic tank pumping & electrical.