SOS Drain & Sewer Services Inc

Founded 1941 • With Angi since October 2004

4825 Hanover Rd

MOUND, MN 55364

SOS Drain & Sewer Services, Inc. is a drain and sewer cleaning company serving the entire Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN, metro area. We have been cleaning all types of drains and pipes, big and small, since 1941. We specialize in drains and sewer lines, and we provide video inspections for residential, industrial, and commercial customers. Our experienced drain cleaning rechnicians are dedicated to providing our customers with excellent services. SOS Drain & Sewer Services specializes in: • Clogged drains, high pressure jetting • Pipe thawing • Root removal • Line location • Preventative maintenance programs • Video documentation From water heaters, sump pumps, or line services, we are skilled and capable of resolving all drain issues. Our friendly, clean, courteous, and reliable service men provide you with reliable service with low rates. Our trucks show up fully equipped and we are fully insured with excellent Better Business Bureau ratings. Call SOS Drain & Sewer Services today for an appointment....

09/23/2021

John U.

We had used S.O.S. some years ago, and was completely happy with them. But we also used another Angi's list provider too. That one got the first call on this occasion but did not answer nor did they have an answering machine to take a voice message. I assumed that thye might have gone out of business. So I then called S.O.S. and was taken aback by being greeted so professionally by the person taking calls and setting up appointments. Her name I was told: "Cody." She was above and beyond what anyone would normally experience from individuals responding to calls these days. She worked around an already full schedule to arrange a service call the very day of my call, which was so appreciated. In fact, I was so impressed with Cody that I asked the service tech who came out, Jordan, if she was the owner's wife. No, he said. She's just great at her job. Which takes me to the tech,Jordan. He did a first class job for us. He was efficient, thorough and extra caerful to make sure the drain was fillu cleared. He double-checked his work, a step I had not experienced with other drain cleaning companies. He also did a perfect job of cleaning up the area after his work was completed. A+ Given this "exceeding expectations" experience, S.O.S. is now our family's first call for drain and sewer service.

Description of Work
Cleared out a slow-running draon from the kitchen that was full of food waste gunk.

Category home inspection,drain cleaning

08/04/2019

Susan K.

I have been using them for decades for the tree roots in the main line sewer of my old house. In the beginning, I waited until the clogged sewer caused water in my basement, but they suggested a preventative cleaning every two years. This has solved the problem. Once they found some of the clay tile pipe was blocking the sewer, and I had that repaired. I am very happy with their service, and they give a discount to Angie's List members as well.

Description of Work
Clean out main line sewer from tree roots

Category sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

02/13/2019

Gino P.

The most honest trusting company I have even done business with as a home owner. They take time to talk with you and they know what their doing. Called on the weekend and got through to Charlie right away. Other companies tried charging and were taking advantage of people because of the weather, not SOS. An amazing company with employees who care, thanks Mike and. Charlie

Description of Work
Unthaw septic line

11/06/2018

Brenda C.

Perfect! Cleaned drain and got a necklace out of a sink!

Description of Work
Bathtub, Cleaned drain and got a necklace out of a sink!

10/01/2018

Cody S.

I had a different plumber come out initially and they determined there was a break in the sewer line somewhere. I decided to go with a different company to dig up our yard and they had Brad come out from SOS. Turns out we didn’t have a break in our sewer, just some roots in the line he cleared rather easily. Brad was able to run his line all the way to the street and confirmed the pipe looked good the entire way with a camera. I will definitely be calling him first for any future issues.

Description of Work
Our sewer was backed up and had standing water in the line.

Category sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

04/26/2018

SUSAN S.

When we found standing water in our basement, our local plumbing company suggested we start w/ SOS. We were not sure if the pipes were in bad shape or if it needed snaking. The company asked if this was an emergency or not, I told them we were fine and so they set up an appt for 2 days later. I get the feeling that they would have come earlier if I had needed it. Brad called 20 min before arrival and within the 2 hour window they set up. He assessed the issue and cleaned out the drain, then cleaned up afterwards. Used a camera at our request to determine if the pipes were okay. Good news! We did not need to call the plumbing company, we do NOT need to rip up the floor to replace the pipes. Brad then gave us the information I needed to make sure we don't flood again, by using a battery powered moisture detecting device that I can get myself at a local hardware store. He also called back when I had a question the next day. He even remembered to tell us that there is a condensation line coming in just above the sewer so I should be careful where I install that detector. SO happy that we found this company. GREAT customer service.

Description of Work
Evaluate and clean sluggish drain in laundry room, diagnose if additional pipe work was needed

02/07/2018

Carol G.

The serviceman listened to the problem, checked the plumbing, and decided it was ice cloging the roof vent and things would return to normel when the cold snap ended. They did.

Description of Work
Gurggle in bathtub drain when toilet flushed

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful experience with SOS as that is exactly what we strive for. While frozen pipes are a nuisance, our technicians see this issue all the time and we are glad to hear that it was diagnosed correctly. We look forward to working with you in the future for all of your drain and sewer needs.

12/31/2017

Jim A.

Went great - Holiday weekend rate. Have used several times before (two other times for this troublesome kitchen waste line) and will continue to use again. Highly recommended service provider

Description of Work
Clear kitchen drain line

Category drain cleaning

We are so happy that you have continued to use SOS for your pesky kitchen line. It is repeat customers like you that really help this family company grow. We are so thankful for your continued business and look forward to helping you with any future drain and sewer needs.

11/28/2017

Liz P.

Brad came out today to take care of our root issue that was causing basement to flood. He could have not been nicer or more professional. He told us exactly what was going on, spent time explaining next steps and didn't try and "sell" us on services that wouldn't pay off in the end. If you need drain work these guys should be your first call. He not only snaked out the drain, but used a video scope to show us where the pipe had caved in, he marked the spot on the lawn there blockage was worse.

Description of Work
Water backing up into basement.

Category drain cleaning

We are so pleased to read about your experience with SOS and Brad. We hope that you will continue to use us for all your drain and sewer needs and pass the word on to anyone who may also need drain work.

11/08/2017

Doug J.

We have had SOS out several times but have never completed a review...time to do so! SOS is prompt, courteous, priced fairly and does excellent work. In drain cleaning, you hope for one outcome...get the drain open. In their case, all of the rest is icing on the cake. They clean the drain but again have all of the attributes that you hope any outstanding company has. We continue to use them because of all of the above.

Description of Work
Over the years, we have called them out to clean out plugged drains.

Category drain cleaning

We are so pleased you have decided to leave us a review. Your experiences with SOS is exactly what we strive for! We are so grateful for your continued business and know that we keep making you proud in the future.

L & R Suburban Landscaping Inc

We are a design & build landscaping company. Our facility is located in Minnetonka and is staffed daily Monday through Friday to assist you with your landscape needs. We schedule on site estimates at your home with the owners of L&R to accurately identify your landscape needs, wants and challenges. You will receive a written proposal that identifies various application costs and a design may be created for your review depending upon the scope and scale of the project. Whether you are looking for a complete renovation, an addition of a few key elements in your landscaping or a new home landscape installation, we have the skills, knowledge, and ability to do it all. We coordinate your material selections and project manage all installations. Your landscaping project will be a positive experience and will completed with outstanding results! Please view completed projects on our website.

Minneapolis & Suburban Sewer & Water Inc

Additional contact name - Mark Koyhtya. Super Service Award Winner for 2015.

Done Right Carpet & Restoration

Call Us 24/7 at (612) 331-4454 For Immediate Response. No Matter the Size of the Water Damage Cleanup, We Have You Covered. We pride ourselves on our personal commitment to each and every client. When you call us, it’s like you called a family member because we treat every job like it was our own home or business.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Drain & sewer cleaning, interceptor & storm basin pumping, video inspection & locating, frozen line thawing, preventative maintenance program & design