Trio Landscaping LLC

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2010

4349 Portland Ave S

Minneapolis, MN 55407

Consultation - Design - Project Management. Trio Landscaping provides quality service that begins with your personal consultation and continues beyond your satisfaction of a wonderfully completed landscape. We differ from the other companies by providing consultation, design and project management services that let you use as much or as little of our talent in the inspiration or creation of your landscape. We pride ourselves in being the landscape designer that helps you find a landscape that meets your lifestyle in both form and function. . Diana Grundeen, owner and award winning designer has been featured on HGTV's Curb Appeal and Hometime also participated in Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Diana is certified as a Landscape Professional by the Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA) since 1999 and a member of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) as well as other professional organizations....

08/12/2017

Rochelle (Chelle) W.

I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of the landscaping in our front yard. Diana and her team of experts created a "little bit of heaven" where I now enjoy sitting outside. She truly enhanced the look of our yard adding beauty and value to our home. I highly recommend TRIO for any type of landscaping needs you may have.

Description of Work
Landscaping front yard. Remove old landscaping, rocks, dead bushes, etc and created a beautiful yard I can be proud of.

Category landscaping,outdoor lighting

So Happy to bring a little bit of heaven to your home! Than you so much for the opportunity to work with you! We look forward to the next opportunity as well!

08/10/2017

Bonnie O.

I loved the plan. It was completed within two days. We've had a couple of fairly heavy rains and the water doesn't stand, but soaks into the garden. Dianna Grundeen was a joy to work with. Her staff doing the work were great and even touched up the spot where one of the feeders had been with soil and grass seed. On their own, they put some extra soil into an indentation where a tree had been removed and added grass seed. Best of all, the problem areas were resolved with their plan and finished work.

Description of Work
Water collected in a corner of my back yard. When I moved a bird feeder there, it became a muddy mess. I wanted something that looked great, served as a wildlife feeding area and also had a rain garden area to collect the water until it drained.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

So glad you are enjoying the space, and can now have mud free feeding areas. Thanks for the oppertunity to work with you.

06/20/2017

Becky F.

Never responded after coming to assess my land and give me a bid.

Description of Work
Regrading and landscaping. Initially, Diana Grundeen came out and was very professional and prompt to assess my land give me a bid. I contacted her 2 weeks later to see if the bed was ready. She responded "in the next day or so." That was April 28, 2017. Now were into mid-late June and I have not heard back. Will not refer other customers to her business. Very disappointed.

06/17/2016

Holly I.

It was okay, I didn't feel like that was the be all to end all. I just got a name of a person I have no idea if she was, like, licensed or bonded or whatever you need for that. I got a name from a friend who I am going to contact and I will try to work with her to see and let Angie's List know. Maybe I misunderstood what I was getting. I try to say, like, what do I do here. I really don't know much about this stuff and I didn't feel like she left me with a list of things, even though we discussed it. There was no follow up. It didn't help me that much, like I am not going to know all this stuff in my head.

Description of Work
I used Trio Landscaping for landscaping.

12/10/2015

Karen B.

I was thrilled when I came home from work and saw what had been done.. The actual physical part of the job took about two days. The crew was terrific -- very nice guys, very professional. They had the new guy take the lead in putting in the boulders (the hardscaping), then the more experienced folks re-did it. This is a memorial garden dedicated to my mother-in-law and my mother. It's everything I asked for and more. Lots of neighbors are interested in the garden.

Description of Work
met with me to ask my needs/wants, drew up a plan for a bird & butterfly garden, moved dirt around to change the topography, installed boulders, stones, created a "dry wash," installed all of the plants (except for a pre-existing tree that I wanted incorporated into the project), gave me careful instructions ("touch" and "don't touch" areas), and followed up with me at regular intervals. Deana also replaced a set of plants that just didn't take.

09/02/2015

Robert H.

Great. Very nice and lots of knowledge of plants. Concerned about quality over quantity.

Description of Work
Landscaping consultation

08/19/2015

Janice L.

We did not have them do the landscaping. It was satisfactory, I didn't have any complaints with them, we just went with another company. They were just fine, and it had nothing to do with them that I didn't choose them. The price was okay too, we just went with someone that had done something for us previously. I may get a bid from them in the future if I need something.

Description of Work
She did a bid for us.

07/24/2015

Jennifer M.

The owner came herself and was very prompt and pleasant. She was highly knowledgeable and gave advice based on what her company could do (Cadillac) and/or what I could do on my own (bicycle). I learned so much from her and received fantastic ideas! Her prices also seemed very reasonable. I felt like she was highly interested in helping me (I am pretty much drowning in invasive weed garden that I call a yard) with advice on what I can do to fix the landscaping and not just trying to sell services. I will be contacting her for some future work.

Description of Work
Landscape assessment and recommendations.

06/30/2015

David S.

While the landscape designer is very talented, and did come up with a plan that I liked, it proved to be a distraction from actually getting the work done. When I realized Trio Landscaping could not do any of the landscaping work, I had to scramble to find a landscaper in late May, to schedule work for June, when I realized that Trio was not responding to my needs nor willing to assist or advise. I was able to implement some of the landscape design, but ended up sodding much of the yard in order to comply with the city order before being taken to court and fined.

Description of Work
I hired Trio Landscaping for a consultation and design plan mid-April, indicating that I needed to have my work performed by June at the latest in order to comply with a city order for my landlord license. It took a month to get the design plan sketch, but then it took another month to get the plant information to go with it. The proposal for the landscaping work was twice the budget I had indicated, and they could not give me an estimate of when the work could be scheduled. I indicated that I could hire Trio Landscaping for some of the work, but I'd need to do most of it myself or hire another landscaper. While I understand that Spring is a busy time for landscaping, I was very clear about my needs, budget, and timeline for a project; but Trio Landscaping did not respond to messages in a timely manner, did not deliver a complete plan on time for which I had paid in full, and did not seem to care about scheduling any work for me if I wasn't willing to sign a contract for a proposal that was incomplete and much larger than my budget.

Category landscaping

Thank you for your feedback to help us improve our communication and expectations with our clients. Yes I recall you had deadlines that I was upfront in letting you know they may your early June deadline not be able to be met as out schedule was just beyond that for the end of June at the time of our initial meeting on April 23, but we could provide you a plan you could work from. Our planning timelines are shared with you before you accept to have plans drawn and we schedule our plan presentations at that time, the design process does take a few weeks- especially during the spring time. I also recall us sharing a complete scaled blueprint plan with you on our scheduled date of May 8, however the accompanying plant information packet was not able to be shared at the time ( we had been having computer problems this spring, it was shared weeks later )However we did share info on the plants as we presented, along with the proposal for the work as discussed, and the proposal was broken out into sections that you could select portions of to help meet budget goals- these were items that you could choose to do on your own as well, which was an option you let us know you were open to. After wards our computer issues did however provide complications in follow up communications not being received in a timely manner for a time, I am very sorry for that. We have been working hard at getting these issues resolved. In a another communication we did offer and opening that had become available in the schedule to have your project installed yet in late June, however you had declined. I am sorry for the communication issues we had that caused problems for us to provide you the confidence you needed from us to assist with your project. but want to assure you that we are continuing to work on any remaining issues to be of better service to you and others. Thank you again for the opportunity to design your project, and for the opportunity to receive your feedback to help us improve. I would be grateful for the chance to work with you again in the future. "I hired Trio Landscaping for a consultation and design plan mid-April, indicating that I needed to have my work performed by June at the latest in order to comply with a city order for my landlord license. It took a month to get the design plan sketch, but then it took another month to get the plant information to go with it. The proposal for the landscaping work was twice the budget I had indicated, and they could not give me an estimate of when the work could be scheduled. I indicated that I could hire Trio Landscaping for some of the work, but I'd need to do most of it myself or hire another landscaper."

06/26/2015

Leonard G.

Showed up a half-hour late, and could thus only stay for 45 minutes. That was annoying, however in that time she provided good ideas and gave us a pretty good understanding of initial concepts and price-points should we move forward.

Description of Work
Provided a 1-hour consultation (Angie's List deal)

AZ Outdoor Solutions

We are a mid-west company moved southwest, family owned and run, and have been in the business for 25+ years. We specialize in irrigation installation and repair, landscape lighting and outdoor kitchens. We offer competitive pricing for all services.

Trustee Trim Landscaping

We specialize in all phases of landscaping, hardscaping, stone and gravel, roto-tilling, landscape lighting, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

L & R Suburban Landscaping Inc

We are a design & build landscaping company. Our facility is located in Minnetonka and is staffed daily Monday through Friday to assist you with your landscape needs. We schedule on site estimates at your home with the owners of L&R to accurately identify your landscape needs, wants and challenges. You will receive a written proposal that identifies various application costs and a design may be created for your review depending upon the scope and scale of the project. Whether you are looking for a complete renovation, an addition of a few key elements in your landscaping or a new home landscape installation, we have the skills, knowledge, and ability to do it all. We coordinate your material selections and project manage all installations. Your landscaping project will be a positive experience and will completed with outstanding results! Please view completed projects on our website.

Visa, Check, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Trio's custom landscape design includes design only, landscape design/build, outdoor rooms, patios & pavers, water features: ponds, waterfalls and streams, retaining walls, outdoor kitchens, fire pits and places, landscape lighting, rain gardens, dry creek beds, sustainable plantings, low maintenance plantings, natives, pollinator gardens, lakeshore and erosion control, decks, pergolas and other landscape features as desired

Projects that are limited to grading and sod only do not fit our design services but are included in larger installations. No lawn care services provided.