Augusta Greens

Founded 2002 • With Angi since January 2012

3.8

9938 Cottonwood St NW

Minneapolis, MN 55448

Augusta greens is a full service lawn maintenance company that is designed to handle all of your needs in a professional manner. We are locally owned and operated and fully insured. We guarantee fast and reliable service to the entire metro area and provide services to residents, commercial

06/13/2018

JoAnne P.

Stopped mowing after 2nd time. No explanation. Promised to send someone to mow on 4 different occasions. No one showed. Meanwhile, I have 2 weeks of Growth with some spots over 6 inches. Talked about doing some additional work when they were promising to get someone over to mow. Finally , I get an email that they would cut one more time( never happened) but then I would need to find a new service. I was out of their mowing area. Didn't seem to matter when I was signed up. Their website said Minneapolis was part of their service area. If they didn't want to mow, they should have just said something instead of offering ******** empty promises. I'm not a fussy customer. I'm getting a new roof then I plan on doing some landscaping this fall. So other then mowing and trimming, I could care less. Very frustrated. I"m 68 yrs old with health problems that prevent me from doing work myself. Not a reliable company.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

Category lawn service

06/30/2016

PAM T.

It went really bad. It was not good. When I first talked to the guy, he was real friendly and nice. I don't live in the house, my son lives there. But, he comes and goes a lot. So I'm not there to watch how things are going. I think it was a small snowfall and it wasn't done and I had to call him about that. He was real apologetic. And then, they went and did it. Then we were going to get this big one and I called him and he said, "Oh you're checking up on me." I said, "Well no, I just want to tell you a few things." After that, I was calling him again because sometimes my neighbor will push his snow across the driveway into this empty lot because my neighbor doesn't have any place to put his snow if there is a big big snowfall and that's fine with me and I wanted to tell him that it might look like someone is removing the snow, but they're not. There were some other issues I wanted to tell him about. I called him about five or six times and he never called me back, never. That whole winter, he never ever called me back to talk to me. I left him six messages over a period of maybe three or four weeks and I finally just gave up. He never called me back and I was really irritated about that. We agreed on $100 a month for the season. I was paying him $100 a month, which I agreed to. His bills weren't coming on time either. His bills were late. The billing was real sporadic. The very last bill I was supposed to get -I think it was supposed to come, probably like in April or May or something - I never got the last bill. So I thought, "Well, that's fine. I'm not going to call him because obviously if I call him, he is not going to call me back. If I owe him money, he might call back. But if I've got an issue, that I want to talk to him about, he is obviously not going to call me back." So I just let it go. I thought, I'm not going to pay him for that last month, until I get a bill. This was the 14-15 season. I did not get the final bill in spring of 15 and then in fall of 15, I get a bill for $200. I don't know if this guy got sick or something or he wasn't doing his paper work, but in the fall, I get a bill for $200. It's the $100 I owed him for May and then it's another $100 for service starting in fall of 15. There was no contract signed. Not only was he charging me for the last payment, which I owed him for anyway, he was charging me for a new season without calling me, without contacting me, without ever calling me to discuss any issues I had the previous season. He just sends me a bill for $200 with no signed contract. So I sat down and wrote him a letter and I actually said, "I don't owe you any money." I knew I owed him $100 for the previous season, but I was acting like I didn't and that I had forgotten it. So I wrote him a letter saying, "I owe you no money. We have no signed contract for the 15-16 season and I've already hired someone else for 15-16 season." I sent that letter off and I made copies. So I get another bill for $100 for the spring of 15, that money I owed him. But the way he had it written, he had it written $100 and then at the very bottom of the bill he still had the $200. But he had taken off the 15-16 season. But he still has the $200 down there at the bottom of the bill. The way it was written was that I owed him $100, but he still had $200 at the bottom. I thought, "His bills were late, he wouldn't call me back." Maybe something happened in his family, maybe he got sick. I don't know. But if you're running a business and if something happens, you should contact your customers. So I wrote him another letter and I said, "I researched my records and I do owe you $100 per our contract of the 14-15 season." So I wrote a check for $100 and I paid him for that and I said, "But, the bottom of your bill states $200. I do not owe you $200. We do not have a contract for 15-16 season. So I'm paying you $100 for our contract from 14-15 and I'm done with it. This will end the matter." I made a copy of that letter and I sent the letter with the bill and I haven't heard anything from him. It was very disappointing. I think when I got him, my son was researching it on the computer. I think he was signed up for Angie's List and he was looking it up on the computer and comparing grades and stuff for all these people. But, I picked him up over a whole bunch of others and he was not the right choice. Maybe I called him too many times and he got irritated with me because he said, "Oh you're checking up on me." Well, you don't even say something like that to a customer.

Description of Work
I used Augusta greens for snow removal.

01/22/2016

Debbie R.

Description of Work
Shoveling my driveway and sidewalk. They did a good job.

11/10/2015

09/18/2015

Kay K.

Description of Work
The first 2 times they mowed the lawn I had some problems with the weed whipping taking out some flowers. After an email the problem was taken care of and we have been happy with their service.

05/14/2015

LOUISE S.

Description of Work
Yes, we used this service for several years and they did a good job cutting but their weeding was not great. We still have a lot of weeds so we went with another company. Last Fall used them for fall cleaning and did a good job. .

01/05/2015

Jennifer F.

Not well.I don't recommend them.

Description of Work
He agreed to do snow removal for an upcoming storm and to enter a yearly contract. Didn't show up for storm or call to let me know he couldn't do it, and didn't return subsequent phone calls.

12/18/2014

Ron H.

Description of Work
August Greens takes care of mowing a rental property for us. I have never had a complaint regarding their service.

11/11/2014

Sharon A.

Did not get answer to messages. Did not use service!

Description of Work
Returned one email and then never answered another one. Even after I called, they never responded to the Angies List Message.

06/23/2014

LOUISE S.

Description of Work
Jeremy comes and cuts our grass weekly and will fertilize and weed when we ask him to. If he misses some weeks, he will redo it the next time out. Our grass was in not very good shape but he has made it looking much better. Always willing to listen, if have any questions.

06/12/2014

Corey L.

They did what they were supposed to and did not follow my instructions. I paid them extra to do the lawn without using the lighter. They were broken and so I paid them extra and I would not use them again. They showed up when they were supposed to.

Description of Work
I did use them.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Thank you for the review, and from what I can understand of it, it appears we did not exceed your expectations. Please contact us and we will come back out and take care of that. Thanks again for the feedback.

05/27/2014

Dan F.

Have been a customer for 5+ years. Prompt, responsive, courteous, and if something goes wrong they fix it (the snowplow scraped our lawn and in the spring they brought in sod to patch those areas). I highly recommend Jeremy and Augusta Green Lawns.

Description of Work
weekly lawn mowing, snowplowing, fall cleanup

05/27/2014

Debbie R.

I have used Augusta Greens for about 5 years now. They keep doing a good job and I keep coming back year after year. If I ever feel they didn't provide the service to my satisfaction, I let them know. They usually come out the next day and correct it. I am very pleased with the service I get from Augusta Greens. I have recommended them to many of my friends and co-workers.

Description of Work
Lawn care in the summer and snow plowing in the winter. They also did my fall and spring clean up this year.

04/21/2014

James H.

Description of Work
7 phone calls never returned call. 3 calls actually answered but no follow up call. |Filled out online service request form four times and never received a reply!

Category snow removal

To be fair we were having some changes made to our website that did not allow me to get emails that were being submitted during that time and for that I am sorry. And I will admit that there are times that I can not get to my phone and even in some cases messages are not returned. These circumstances are very rare for potential customers and never happen to contracted or existing customers. Yes, there are times where we can not handle additional business and I believe it is a wise decision to refuse business in cases where adding someone new would hurt the quality of service being provided to existing customers. In the future, I would advise all Angie's list members to shop another company if we are not providing a prompt response. Yes, we make mistakes, yes, there are times where we communicate poorly, yes, there are customers that are not happy, yes, there are times when we can't accept new customers, but I promise you I will do everything I can do provide a prompt response, I will meet or exceed your standards, I will keep my word, and I will not accept payment until you are satisfied with the job that has been done. I appreciate all feedback, negative and positive, because it makes this company better. Thank you for the review, I am sorry we didn't get back to you and I will do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't happen again.

02/21/2014

Cynthia J.

Called and talked to Jeremy and asked him if could plow my drive way. All he said was not today and left it at that. Not asking if I would want to have it done tomorrow , just not today. He must not wanted my buisness.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category snow removal

Thank you for the review, I am sorry that it came off that I didn't want your business. There is never a time where I don't want business, but there are times where accepting new business would hurt the quality of service that our existing customers would get. I appreciate the feedback, and in the future I will explain that up front so there is no confusion or hard feelings. Thanks.

01/12/2012

Maile T.

Highly recommend. Jeremy -- the owner has been great to work with. He is prompt -- even speedy -- in his follow up.

Description of Work
I am not putting in the price, as the company is very good about providing a bid for the specific job. They are very competitive in their pricing. They are providing snow removal -- plowing of a longer driveway/alley and also shoveling of all sidewalks and stairs. They are prompt and the snow has been removed overnight. It has been great to have a clear walkway and drive so quickly. Very impressed with the customer service and the promptness of the service provided by Augusta Greens. We are very pleased with their work!

The Original Driveway Design

The Original Driveway Design has been installing exceptional driveways since 1977 with continued focus on quality and design. We offer a very professional design staff to assist homeowners in solving your most challenging design issues. The Original Driveway Design’s asphalt crew does both traditional asphalt driveways as well as stamped asphalt. StreetPrint Pavement Texturing™ is the most innovative decorative paving system developed in the last 30 years. It gives customers the beauty of hand-placed decorative products, but also adds the benefits of a continuous surface, which inhibits both weed growth and shifting problems associated with freeze/thaw cycles and vehicle movements. The Original Driveway Design also has a very experienced concrete crew. We install traditional concrete and decorative concrete including exposed aggregate and stamped concrete which can be installed in a wide variety of colors and highlights. Our designers have helped home owners with many different concrete solutions including complete driveways, sidewalks, steps, stoops, patios, aprons, and garage floors. From the first contact The Original Driveway Design‘s goal is to help you solve your design issues. The Original Driveway Design will replace your old tired driveway, sidewalk, patio, or garage floor and give your home a whole new curb appeal. The Original Driveway Design is your one-stop shopping solution! Our professionals get the job done, from the design to the installation of ALL your asphalt and concrete needs. With offices in the west metro they service the entire metro area. Pick up the phone now and talk to a real person. Additional DBA - Driveway Design. Please note we do not offer: seal-coating, crack filling, residential snow removal, and concrete/asphalt patching

Lifestyle Landscapes LLC

Lifestyle Landscapes is a full service lawn care, landscape, irrigation maintenance and snow removal company. We offer spring/fall clean ups, fertilization and weed control, irrigation system maintenance, landscape design and build plus snow removal. We pride ourselves on high quality results for a fair price. We believe in treating all of our customers as family members. We want to bring your Lifestyle to the outdoors in a very environmentally friendly and budgetary way. We will always take the time to answer all your questions with our over 30 years of experience in the green industry. Our team is trained and educated in the proper horticulture techniques to beautify your property.

Aurora Asphalt & Concrete

Asphalt & Concrete Contractor. Driveways, Concrete Aprons, Asphalt/Concrete Driveway Additions, Asphalt Sealcoating, Patios, Sidewalks and more. Stamped & Colored Concrete also Available.

Offers by Aurora Asphalt & Concrete on Angi

Residential, commercial & industrial lawn moving, fertilization, spring & fall clean-up, dethatching, over seeding, snow removal, sidewalks, curbs, driveways, tree & shrub care.