Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2001

640 W 92nd St

Bloomington, MN 55420

We get it. Heating and cooling isn't glamorous. It's not high-interest for most people. You should be interested in the quality of the service and equipment, but it is often hard to navigate all the new technology and information out there on the subject. More than anything, you need a company you can trust. We at Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning could tell you how trustworthy we are. We could tell you that we've been serving Bloomington and its surrounding communities for over 25 years and we have a great reputation and do great work. We can say and believe whatever we want, but every heating and cooling dealer pretty much says the same thing. That's why we felt we should let our customers do the talking. After all, most of our work comes from referrals – word of mouth. Take a look at our site, some of the positive customer testimonials we've received through the years, and then make the decision who you should call to take care of your furnace and air conditioner. We look forward to hearing from you. Additional DBA - Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning Inc....

10/24/2019

Larry R.

I had used this company 25 years ago for central air installation when it was owned by a different gentleman. Scott, the current owner, is a very pleasant and personable fellow. Most people will find his sales style quite pleasing, as he offers a low pressure and very soft and informative presentation. Frankly I can't fault him on anything he did or said to me when he was out to my house. He answers questions honestly and directly and leaves a well understood packet of information and price summary to homeowners, Of the four companies that come to my house, his price was the second highest, but nonetheless I think it was a fair price in my opinion. I know the company does good work, as I've had friends and neighbors who have used them. Here's the drawback of why I opted for another competitor instead, No follow-up from Scott was received whatsoever. I had several additional questions that needed answers and was also going to see how firm they were with quoted price bid. I called their phone number twice on different days, each time getting their answering service/voicemail. Two messages were left for someone to call me back. I received no reply from anyone at the company to my voice messages. Even if there was some crazy fatal technical glitch with their answering system, Scott should have routinely followed up with me, or any customer, with a "thank you, do you have any more questions that I can answer" type of call. No follow-up lost Bloomington Heating and Air Conditioning my business.

Description of Work
Replacement furnace and Central Air

10/02/2019

Carolyn S.

They did a great job. They started around 7:30 a.m. and were done by 3 p.m. They put drop cloths down to protect the flooring. Very nice guys at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and air conditioner

05/25/2018

Eric K.

Awesome. I've used Scott and Bloomington Heating multiple times for my home. He is one of the first people I call for my HVAC needs. He's fixed a broken garage furnace, he cleans both my A/C and furnace on a preventative maintenance plan. Previously I had used some other companies who couldn't always complete the job. Now I just call Scott who gets the job done right the first time with fair and affordable pricing.

Description of Work
Fix A/C unit that broke

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed]. Appreciate you and the great review. Thanks.

12/06/2017

David G.

Overall excellent in responsiveness, quality, punctuality, professionalism. Price slightly high.

Description of Work
check furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for your business and for your great review. We appreciate you.

08/04/2017

Joanne N.

They did a great job. Very personable and professional.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

07/05/2017

Thomas W.

One-on-one meeting with the owner was very good at answering questions, offering guidance, and providing competitively priced solution. Installation went well. Lead installer was absolutely meticulous in ensuring that every step was done carefully, accurately, and completely, including clean up. This is a company that we enjoyed doing business with.

Description of Work
Replace 25-year old air conditioning unit with current-day energy efficient system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your business and for the great review. We appreciate the feedback on our employees and are so happy to hear you enjoyed the entire experience. Have a great day.

06/27/2017

Ross T.

Scott came out to give us an estimate. We set up the install for a couple weeks out. When the day came I was sick and we had to postpone it, no problem, they were very accommodating. We set it up for one week later. The two young men that installed the furnace arrived on time and wasted no time getting to work. They were very polite, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I was starting a major remodel at the same time and they even helped direct traffic when I was unable to respond to someone else. The job was finished in one day. I had the final inspection and everything passed. The install went smoothly and looks great. I enjoyed working with this company and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a 30 year old forced air furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear you had a great experience. Thanks. We look forward to working with you in the future.

06/21/2017

David K.

VERY GOOD, SHOWED UP WHEN PROMISED AND COMPLETED WORK

Description of Work
CONDENSER WAS REPLACED

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the great review and for your business. We appreciate it and look forward to working with you in the future.

04/28/2017

Victoria B.

Scott, the owner, came out to give us an estimate. He was professional and friendly. He took the time to sit down with us and explain our options and answered all of our questions to our satisfaction. We appreciated that he was not about engaging in any kind of sales tactics when he met with us. We chose BHA because the price was much more reasonable than some of the other quotes we received. The technicians who came out to install our new furnace and A/C unit were punctual, professional and they left no mess behind. The office staff is always friendly and personable whenever we contacted BHA. We recommend this company without any hesitation.

Description of Work
We needed a new furnace and air conditioning unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the business and the great review.. We love to hear feedback on our employees and the overall service you receive. So pleased to know you had a great experience. Thank you.

04/26/2017

Gregory W.

System works well, however they drilled out of my house twice for the external thermometer and left a cut in the siding that's not very clean. They also drove over my curb and ripped up some lawn at the front of the house that I had to reseed.

Description of Work
New humidifier

02/15/2017

Mary Ann Y.

We signed a contract with them to do a yearly thing where they come twice. They come in the Spring as well and check the air conditioning and I think it was $183. They are a little higher than some other people, but we trust them. I have remained a customer because of their reliability, responsiveness, and expertise.

Description of Work
They did a check-up of the furnace, getting ready for winter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your business and for the positive review. We appreciate you.

01/23/2017

Rhys M.

We looked around and we had various bids from other firms and other manufacturers involved, this was all Carrier. We've know of some people who were very pleased with Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning and we went with them and we've been very happy with them. Absolutely they used nothing that wasn't top of the line.

Description of Work
They installed a new heating and air conditioning for us about eight years ago and we've had no occasion to use them but for a routine month or the annual service call for maintenance.

01/16/2017

Herbert B.

went well, new stack installed just fine.

Description of Work
New furnace flue

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to write a review for us.

12/04/2016

Joan E.

Very good experience. The bid process was very clear. The final bill was exactly what was bid.Scott Newgaard [ owner] is very good at answering questions and explaining options with no pressure.He obviously takes great pride in his business.Installers placed canvas tarps on floor entering home[nonslip],they tarped the stairs down to service area.There were 2 installers that worked efficiently and cohesively. They answered any questions that arose and explained the directions of use of equipment when all done. They cleaned up work area immaculately .The new furnace is quiet and the house is warmer at the same thermostat setting as old furnace. I would strongly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had a 96%efficient Carrier Furnace installed after they tore out our old . A new water pump and line was replaced. We also had a April air humidifier installed. which included running a sensor from the humidifier to the outside.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business. We really appreciate you placing your trust in us to install your new HVAC system and for you taking the time to write a great review for us. Thank you.

11/29/2016

Justin B.

Was responsive, and honest about the work that needed to be done. Did a thorough check of the furnace and thermostat, and didn't try to upsell work that didn't need to be done. I'd hire again.

Description of Work
Replacing the main circuit board on our furnace after it quite running properly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you and your business and the nice review. Thanks much.

11/04/2016

Robert L.

I am a long time customer and an extremely loyal customer fan of this Bloomington Heating and Cooling. i first became acquainted with them from a referral from the City Inspector and he gave them high marks for service and pricing. With that said, I hired them to install a deluxe Carrier furnace installed in 2010 and a Honeywell Zone system two years later. I've been extremely happy with both units and the superior level of service they consistently provide. Most recently, I had them come out for an annual furnace check up to get ready for a cold winter. Ivan performed a comprehensive diagnostic on the furnace and tuned it up and got it ready for the winter. He recommend that I change the filter and said the system operates and looks like new. The service and professionalism from Bloomington Heating and Cooling deserves an an A+++++ rating in my eye. Hire them with confidence as as they will do a great job for you, from tune-ups to a new system.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Wow, Thank you for the great review [Member Name Removed]. We really appreciate your business and can't Thank you enough for taking the time to write the review.

10/21/2016

Paul and Joy A.

It was a complete replacement. They were very good. It was done as promised, on schedule. They cleaned everything up. They did a full test before they completed the job. So it was very thorough.

Description of Work
We had a full furnace, air conditioner, humidifier - whole HVAC system - installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for placing your trust in Bloomington Heating & Air all of these years. I'm so glad we were able to earn your business with your new heating and air installation. Thank you.

10/21/2016

Paul and Joy A.

I've had them come back every three years to do a test and tuning of the system. So I have continued to use them.

Description of Work
They did an annual checkup.

09/07/2016

Luana M.

very well, fixed it quickly and expertly

Description of Work
repair furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Really appreciate your business. Have a great day.

08/15/2016

Doug and Deborah H.

Everything went very well. Scott came out and reviewed furnace and air conditioner options with us. He looked over the hook-ups and locations and was prompt about getting an estimate to us. Work was scheduled and two very professional/courteous men showed up. They were obviously very experienced and knew what they were doing. Work was completed without a hitch. I also spoke with Janice a few times and she was always friendly and knowledgeable. Great staff to work with and I will be having them do my tune-ups as needed. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced our furnace and central air contioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to write a great review for us. We love our customers and we really appreciate your business. Thank you.

08/13/2016

Jane A.

I found them on my own and they are phenomenal. I would use no one else. They are very good and reliable. And I was happy because I found them myself and they were fabulous.

Description of Work
They do kind of a check on my heating and air conditioning every year in the fall and in the spring. They did a check on my furnace.

08/13/2016

Jane A.

I found them on my own. They are phenomenal and I would use no one else. They were here in the spring to check on the air conditioning and they will be here in the fall to check on the furnace and do a coom complete check, They are fabulous. For both services, both fall and spring, the price includes everything from cleaning the units and replacing filters or whatever, and it's, I think, $198 for a season. When you add up what filters cost and cooling fluid and all that sort of thing, the price is very reasonable. They do put in hypo-allergenic, a high end 3M fan filter for me and it is still the same price. Like I said, I would not use anybody else.

Description of Work
I use Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning for my heating and air conditioning needs. They come out and kind of do a check on my furnace and air conditioner every year in the fall and spring.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to write us a great review. We really appreciate it. Have a super day.

07/29/2016

FRANK E.

Scott called us at 10:30 pm and said he was about 45 minutes away, but could help us. We said ok. He got here a bit earlier which was great. I explained the problem and he started right to work on it. He was very helpful and knowledgable and explained to us that our unit was about 2-3 pounds low on freon. He took care of that right away and was wonderful in answering my questions about our 21 year old central air. He said they have sensing equipment to find our leak, but the problem with 21 year old units is that outdoor and indoor coils are very hard to find. We would also be paying over a thousand dollars for a repair if it was even possible. We'd also be using Freon (R22) a coolant which is being phased out after 2020. It's already $88 per pound and will be much more expensive after 2020. He also talked about newer motors being almost twice as efficient. I really appreciated the excellent advice he gave us and his in-depth knowledge. He was very helpful, honest, and wanted us to know the challenges we may well be facing if we were to need to fix a leak on an older AC system. We asked that question and he was incredibly honest and responsive. This is exactly the kind of honest and knowledgeable advice many of us need from the skilled and certified technicians we come to trust for making our lives comfortable and more healthy, in my case. I would definitely use them again and will also ask for them to give us an estimate when we our in need of a new central air unit.

Description of Work
Air conditioner stopped cooling effectively and inside coils froze up causing cool air circulation to stop. Our air conditioner was making a whistling noise inside the house too. I had seen the performance of our AC unit decrease and decrease over the past few weeks. My normal AC service company was not able to schedule an appointment for me on the same day and because of my severe asthma and respiratory conditions, I looked up other air conditioning and heating contractors within 10 miles of us. I found that Bloomington Heating and Air Conditioning was highly rated and that they also offered emergency and night time appointments. I called and got an appointment for tonight.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for us here at Bloomington Heating & Air. We really pride ourselves on giving full service and want our customers to fully understand all their options and feel good about the whole process. Thank you so much for your business. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

05/16/2016

Jeff G.

They replaced and installed our central air conditioning a few weeks ago. We did our due diligence and took quotes from several other companies, and Bloomington was very close to the least expensive. There was one company cheaper, but various other aspects of the deal made me wary of them. Bloomington was affordable, and everyone with the company was easy talk to, honest, focused on our benefit and ability to afford the replacement, and didn't talk don to us or try to upsell. The salesman worked with me to get the best deal - best in price, quality, and fitting in with our long term plans to eventually replace our heating system as well. (Both the cranky heater and the dead air conditioner were 30+ years old.) The person I talked to at the office was very flexible and rolls well with the inevitable little complications we ran into arranging payment, which took and extra couple of days and involved a last minute delay dealing with our bank. The installers were friendly, smart, strong, and hard working (several hours non-stop!) and left the house clean, without a trace of the major movement of heavy mechanical components. Except for a new, functioning air conditioner, of course. I heartily recommend Bloomington Heating and Air Conditioning. When we do replace our aging heater, I will call them first.

Description of Work
Replaced dead air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing, replacement windows

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the awesome review. We really appreciate your business and your kind words really mean a lot to our employees. Thanks again. Stay Cool.

03/29/2016

Brandon D.

We thoroughly researched 3 different brands of furnace/AC units and met with 6 different contractors while weighing our options. We narrowed our options to 2 top rated and well reviewed brands; and ultimately selected an energy efficient Carrier furnace, AC, programmable thermostat, and whole house humidifier. My husband and I chose Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning to perform the installation because we were very pleased with their honesty and professionalism, the quality of their product, and the competitive quote they provided. We liked how Scott, the owner, personally came to our home to meet with us. He arrived on time and came prepared with information about our options. Once we decided on the options that best met our needs, he provided an itemized quote for our consideration. I followed up with phone call and e-mail inquiries regarding the equipment, installation, warranties and rebates. Janis addressed my questions and concerns; and consistently provided a response within 1-2 business days. They pulled a city permit before any labor was performed and came with permit in hand on the morning of the scheduled installation. Scott stopped by to drop off some supplies, before Ivan and Jeff came to replace our 28-year-old furnace and AC. It took a day's work to remove the old equipment and install the new equipment. Ivan and Jeff cleaned up after themselves once their work was complete. An inspection was performed the following morning. The inspector suggested that a slight adjustment be made to the upward pitch of a vent. I contacted Scott. Ivan promptly arrived to make the adjustment. Because of Scott and Ivan's quick turn around time, the inspector was able to return and approve the correction same day. Meticulous. Janis completed and submitted all of the necessary paperwork for the rebates. We've since received all rebates from the manufacturing, gas, and electric companies. We want to thank everyone at Bloomington Heating & Air Conditioning for taking care of our home and for providing a positive experience. The equipment you installed has performed well for us.

Description of Work
Installation of Carrier Equipment: Furnace, AC, Coil, Touchscreen Thermostat and Humidifier

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Wow ~ Thank you so much for the in depth review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the experience of working with Bloomington Heating and Air and are we are so grateful for your business. Thank you.

Rogers Masonry

I started in the Masonry business in 1976 and have been working ever since. I started my business in 1980 and incorporated in 1986. We are a small company with an experienced crew. They've all worked with me for the last 20 years. Experienced with working with condo associations and large building tuck pointing, brickwork, and stone work.

Twin Cities Siding Professionals

Take $2,500 Off your siding project in celebration of our 25th Anniversary! Click DEALS to claim the offer (terms and conditions apply). At Twin Cities Siding Professionals, our goal is to help homeowners improve the value, beauty, and comfort of their homes by providing them with a wide range of quality contracting services. We use only the highest quality materials and most advanced installation techniques. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred Remodeler, we are experts in the installation of America’s #1 siding brand. Minneapolis and St. Paul homeowners know to turn to Twin Cities Siding Professionals for the design and installation of top of the line James Hardie fiber cement siding. More than just a siding company, we also specialize in Marvin Windows & Doors. We are proud to partner with Marvin as an Authorized Replacement Contractor. Additionally, we offer Brock White manufactured stone, Azek decking, and both interior and exterior painting services. The experience that our customers have with our company means the world to us. That is why we strive to provide superior customer service, keeping an open line of communication between the homeowner, the project manager, and the crew working on the project. Whether you need siding in St. Paul, windows in Minneapolis, or a deck in Minnetonka, we will be at your service, with a smile on our face, and your best interests at heart. License # BC752041.

Offers by Twin Cities Siding Professionals on Angi
    RAPID GLASS

Rapid Glass is your local family owned Home Glass Repair and Auto Glass Replacement experts. We provide "Quality Service at an Affordable price". Whether you’re replacing one broken or cracked window or all the windows in your house have bad seals, are fogged and have condensation or moisture between the glass panes, we are sure to save you money. We are experts in design and installation of Custom Glass Shower Doors, enclosures and glass shower panels. Shower doors can be framed or frameless with different patterns of glass. Whether it’s a bathroom remodeling project or you want to update that broken or water stained shower door. Shower door installation is a breeze with Rapid Glass. Our auto glass replacement and windshield repair technicians are certified and install only the highest quality glass at an affordable price. Whatever your glass needs may be, we will provide fast, affordable service to most Minneapolis and St. Paul suburban areas.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Repairs, installations heating, cooling, AC, pumps, hybrid heat, digital thermostat, ductless air conditioning, humidifiers, UV lights, air purification, duct work & water heaters.