J & S Landscaping

Walled Lake, MI 48390

a...

05/22/2018

Jeff D.

Scheduled an appointment for them to come out and give us a quote. They never showed up. No phone call or messages from them. UPDATED(25MAY2018): They did call back (before my review posted) and rescheduled the appointment. They arrived on time for the appointment.

Description of Work
Brick paver maintenance.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

10/06/2017

Stuart T.

The lower cost per sq ft compared to TREX allowed us to also install a fire pit with gas line. Jeff Letosky and Jeff Stulberg and the entire crew were great to work with. Jeff Letosky provided us with sample pavers in different colors and textures and patterns as often as we needed to make sure we were happy with the selection. With TREX you get 5 or 6 colors to choose from…with pavers there are limitless colors, textures, and patterns. From tear down of the old deck to finally laying the sand in between the pavers they were awesome. They showed up on time every day…they cleaned the worksite before they left every day. There were a few days delay but for a good reason. They were not happy with the quality of some of the pavers and kept sending it back to their supplier until it was perfect. They also mulched our home and are laying down sod when the quote called for just seed. They just thought it would look better. I highly recommend them !!!!! Some before and after pics.

Description of Work
I highly recommend J&S Landscaping. We had a 20 year old cedar deck that needed replaced. Our plan was to reduce the size of the deck and replace with TREX (which we already had given a refundable deposit on) and have the other half of the footprint be a ground level patio. We invited J&S over to give us a quote for a small paver patio. We also asked if they could provide a quote for the entire footprint in pavers never thinking that it was affordable. It was affordable. The entire paver patio was the price of the lowest quote TREX deck at half the size.

Category hardscaping

05/02/2016

Carol M.

We have utilized the services of J & S Landscaping for many years. The crew is prompt and courteous. They do a top notch job and once they leave there is not a bit of anything out of place. Jeff Stulberg is great to work with. He's a good guy and always very responsive. We would highly recommend using their services.

Description of Work
Placed cedar mulch in and around our home and flower beds.

Category mulch

03/07/2016

Dennis M.

I can?t say enough great things about the landscaping, patio, and deck J & S did for us! Not only are they professional, but truly care about doing it right and to our specifications. Jeff, Jeff, and Dave helped us with design (actually they did most of it) and treated our home as if their own! Our custom fire pit is beautiful! We have sat at the fire every night since it was finished (unless raining). We have had neighbors stop and ask to look at the work, and we have never met them in the 11 years we?ve lived here. One even told me that he took a card from J&S because he liked the work they did. Wonderful group of people, and we highly recommend this company for anyone needing landscape, patio, and trex decking! Jeff Letosky was the designer and did a great job! Dave is the patio man and is fabulous! Thanks guys!!

Description of Work
New paver patio, fire pit, and landscaping of my side and back yard including transfer of large shrubs and sodding.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

06/25/2015

Kalyani B.

Description of Work
Did very well. Clean and precise.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

04/16/2015

Gopal B.

We called J&S based on the reviews and we are happy with the their landscaping work. J & Sredesigned my front yard, removed weeds, edging, hardwood mulch and installed plants. They arrived on the installation day as promised and finished all the work in less than 8 hours. Jeff & Jeff oversees the work and makes sure everything is done as per the design. They do a clean job, and I would recommend the company for landscaping needs. I cannot comment on the plants yet, they look healthy so far. I am taking one star off because they charged me 300$ for sprinkler repairs but when I called 2 weeks later because couple of zones were not working, Jeff (owner) insisted that I pay another 80$ for an hour for someone to look at it.I would not recommend the company for sprinkler repairs.

Description of Work
Redesigned front yard, removed weeds, edging, hardwood mulch and installed plants.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch

08/21/2014

Elisa F.

The provider constructed a brick porch for me several years ago. It's now in need of repair. I called and Jeff said he was going to come out and look at it and give me an estimate. Two specific days were discussed, days he said he was going to be in my area. Since the first day it rained I assumed he would be out the second day. He never showed up and never called. This was almost 3 weeks ago. I haven't heard from.

Description of Work
Jeff was supposed to come out and give me an estimate on the repair of a brick porch that his company installed several years ago.

Category decks, lawn service

06/12/2014

Michelle M.

They have a knowledgeable and professional crew. They knew how to trim my shrubs, they knew which ones should be trimmed and which ones shouldn't. The price seemed a little high.

Description of Work
Weeding, shrub trimming and installation of mulch.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

05/19/2014

Fran T.

Owner very abrupt and rude. Increased price at end of project. I would not recommend this group.

Description of Work
Landscape project turned out fine. However, the owner increased the price at the end and was very abrupt and rude. About 1/2 of the small bushes planted died; wrong kind of bushes for that area of the yard. I would not recommend this group.

Category landscaping, lawn service

04/30/2014

Primo T.

I called them to ask for a quote on landscaping that i needed done. She asked if this is an installation or fix the existing ones. I said a new installation. She sounded really unsure and short with me. I said i need a quote for a retaining wall and some brick pavers. Then she proceeded to ask me, how big is the area you want the brick pavers to go on??? I'm thinking, wait a minute, that's something that you will figure out once YOU actually come to the site and measure. Why are you asking me? I said, i'm not sure, and asked if that was suppose to be something that the person who's quoting is supposed to do. I'm thinking, i can give you a size, but until your guy comes out and actually measures it, it's pointless. I've never been asked for that before. I thought the whole point of getting a quote was so they can come over and actually see the project? She says, sounding perturbed, well, can't you estimate? I was like, you know what, forget it and hung up. Ridiculous and totally unprofessional on the phone. Almost sounded mad that I was asking for a quote. I'm amazed that they're still in business considering this is the first point of sale for them. Courteous Customer Service!!!

Description of Work
Very Short with me and almost sounding like it was such an inconvenience to her that I was even calling to try and get a quote on a project.

Category landscaping

08/21/2013

Ben A.

We learned about J&S Landscaping after searching for authorized Belgard installers in Michigan. We had a general concept idea of what we wanted, and after looking through hundreds of paver and wall options online and in catalogs we decided on Belgard. Our project was very challenging and involved digging underneath our existing house to underpin the foundation to pour concrete footings, cutting a large hole through the concrete structural wall and creating a 6' wide walkout basement up to a patio. The project also required a landing with drain, steps with retaining walls, lighted columns, seatwall, beds created for over 100 plants to be installed, and pavers and steps in the front yard. We knew that we needed a contractor that was Belgard authorized, a licensed builder, had our complete trust, and also had experience with complex building/landscaping projects to pull this off correctly. At the initial phone call with Jeff Stulberg (the owner), we learned about J&S as Belgard authorized but also had the capability to do large scale building/landscaping projects through his partner, Jeff Letosky. After meeting with Jeff L a few times, there was little doubt he was the right choice for us. We chose to work with him over a dozen other contractors we interviewed, and he could do it within our budget. It was by far the right decision! He handled the complexity and scale of this project with ease, and answered hundreds of our concerns throughout the project with a calm and well thought out approach. The plant selections were excellent (which we did not fully understand early on in the project), and he was right about nearly every decision and recommendation throughout the entire project. By far the best part about the project was working with Jeff L and his crew. It was a pleasure and we now have a beautiful walkout basement and patio in our backyard (along with a much improved front yard). We were exceptionally impressed with the crew as they were always pleasant, friendly, and knowledgeable. The project did take significantly longer than expected and we were told that this was due to the excessive rain this season. Now that the project is complete we have noticed a few minor concerns, and trust they will honor the warranty period if it becomes necessary. Overall we are very satisfied with the work performed and the exceptional crew we worked with throughout the project. We would hire them again!

Description of Work
Create walkout basement with steps, retaining walls, patio, seatwall, and pillars. Redo existing landscaping in front and rear yards, sprinkler modifications, add paver accents and steps in front yard.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

08/05/2013

Jason B.

It was a trying experience. The communication was poor throughout the process. Changes were made throughout without any communication. I can't get a return call to address anything. Minor details but I can't get them addressed. I finally got them on the phone to set up a meeting and they arrived without notice (when no one was home), didn't give any feedback and I have yet to get a phone call. only a couple of texts- initiated by me - with limited information. The finish product could be better. I wish I had taken some time before I gave final payment but the owner claimed he wasn't leaving until he was paid, he said he would "sit at our dinner table" (6pm on a Friday, I had just pulled in from work and, we had guests coming over) When I raised an issue with the work, he suggested a solution that I didn't agree would work, he then said "you should do your own landscaping" It's a shame because they were great on the design side, the bulk of the project looks great.

Description of Work
We had them install a large patio with a sitting wall, fire pit and, vegatation (a couple of trees and grasses).

Category outdoor lighting

07/17/2013

GAIL L.

They were professional and respectful of emerging growth in the garden beds. They cleaned up after themselves and the work was done in a timely manner. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Provided hardwood mulch.

Category landscaping, mulch

07/15/2013

James W.

I called J & S Landscaping on Friday afternoon, and they were able to deliver it on the same day! This is excellent service, and I will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Deliver mulch.

Category mulch

06/10/2013

Kelly N.

They do a great job cutting our lawn and fixed our sprinkler system. Very friendly staff.

Description of Work
Yearly lawn cutting service and sprinkler system repair.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

Lake's Lawn & Landscape

Lake’s Lawn & Landscape is a full service landscape company. We successfully set ourselves apart from others for several key reasons. Design is our specialty and there is always a supervisor onsite. When looking for the the perfect landscaping company to make your vision come to life, you want to be confident you are making the best choice for your investment. When quality, experience, and knowledge matter, Lake’s Lawn & Landscape is the ultimate choice for all of your outdoor needs. Conveniently focused on serving in the Bloomfield Hills, Sylvan Lake, Orchard Lake, West Bloomfield, Birmingham, Franklin, Beverly Hills, and surrounding areas.

Domenico Brick Paving & Landscaping

Domenico Brick Paving & Landscape is a Birmingham, MI based company with more than 25 years experience in Michigan’s residential building industry. We provide free quotes and design services. We offer flexible payment arrangements. We use quality brick pavers made by Unilock as well as a variety of other landscape materials. In addition to the paver manufacturer’s lifetime warranty on the structural integrity of the pavers, Domenico’s offers a 7 year warranty on our workmanship. Domenico Brick Paving & Landscape is a member of the SE Michigan BBB, and the Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA.org). Domenico is also a licensed residential builder in the state of Michigan. Not required for landscape and patio work we do, but helps insure that his company is up to date on all rules, requirements, and new techniques for Michigan construction. This is another distinction that sets apart the services we offer.

THE MICHIGAN PROPERTY NETWORK

The Michigan Property Network is a qualified tree service providing specialized services for your business or home throughout Oakland County, Michigan. We offer a free consultation and estimate to determine what professional tree service is best for you. We are well-known in the area for our residential and commercial tree service and can provide you with testimonials and other references from our clients

Check, Visa, MasterCard

3D Digital landscape design, snow plowing, snow removal, salting, landscape architecture, landscape design, landscape installation, landscape maintenance, landscape construction, mulch delivery, top soil delivery, landscape supply delivery, brick pavers, brick patios, brick walls, stone walls, retaining walls, brick driveways, brick porches, brick stairs, brick steps, brick walkways, outdoor bbq's, outdoor fire pits, custom bonfire pits, turf care service, weekly lawn mowing & grass cutting.