Teddy's Lawn & Landscape

Founded 1996 • With Angi since May 2010

3.9

12725 Levan Rd

Livonia, MI 48150

Local family owned Livonia based business that cares about the details. We have specific divisions with employees trained for specific services. Example if you call for a brick paver patio we are not going to send our lawn crew to install your project. Financing options; we take credit cards.

08/26/2020

Kristin S.

The initial person I worked with was great. He left the company! surprise! Everyone else there is terrible. Will not return a phone call or a text. So unprofessional. We had a drainage system put in. The ground is still soggy. They refuse to own up to anything. They won’t even come take a look let alone talk about it. If you use this company. Take plenty of pictures along the way. Save every text and email. Most likely you will need it when you take the to court to make a bad situation right.

Description of Work
Drainage system

Category concrete repair, drain pipe

06/27/2020

Ninette W.

In the fall of 2019, we hired Teddy’s for $10,000 worth of landscaping. We had drainage put in, gravel put down, a tree taken down and the stump ground and landscaping across the front of our house, which included large pine trees, red buds, evergreens, rosebushes, etc. This spring, we found the drainage not properly buried, 2 dead bushes, one dead tree, and the stump not properly ground. We called to inquire about these items that needed replacing. Approximately 2 weeks later, Steve returned our call and informed us that nothing was under warranty, which was not mentioned last fall, of course. He did come out to look and said he would get back to us. It is now a month later with no communication. What a huge and costly mistake we made in hiring Teddy’s. I will make sure that my large network of neighbors on NextDoor know how Teddy’s conducts their promise of quality and customer service.

Description of Work
Landscaping and Drainage

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe

06/25/2017

Dave N.

Collen came to my house, we walked around discussed what I wanted. He said he would have a quote to me in about a week. Never got one.

Description of Work
Landscaping work

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

06/23/2017

Pat R.

The 3 man crew arrived on time and installed the mulch with care and treated my landscaping as if it were their own. Claudio and his crew certainly deserve a raise for their professionalism and excellent work ethic!

Description of Work
3 yards of mulch delivered and perfectly installed.

06/11/2017

Jill C.

Steve came out the end of April, we talked to him about what we wanted done. He said he would put a plan together & send it to us. I went away for 3 weeks, when I got home nothing had been sent or emailed to me or my husband. I called & left messages twice, asking for a response letting me know whether he wanted to quote the job or not. No call was received back. Very poor customer service!!!

Description of Work
We needed the landscaped totally redone in the front of our house.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

04/27/2017

Charles F.

I will continue to use them and recommend them,

Description of Work
They do our lawn fertilization & treatment.

Category lawn treatment

07/20/2016

Doug G.

Everything was installed and the area cleaned in a timely fashion. Teddy's Landscaping was paid within 30 days of invoice. Approximately 3 weeks after installation the leaves of the Sugar Maple turned yellow and fell off. I thought this may have been due to shock from being transplanted. Spring was late this year so I waited till I was sure the tree was dead and wrote Brent Teddy an e mail (05/26/16) explaining the situation. He responded the next day and said he would send a manager out in a few days. On 06/09/16 I wrote another e mail to see what had been determined and Brent told me again he would send a manager out to look at it. On 06/24/16 I wrote Brent e mail again and he didn't respond. On 07/08/16 I went to his office and his girl went to get him and came back saying he wasn't there. At this point my frustration level is getting pretty high and I accidentally dropped an F-Bomb. I went home and wrote another e mail to apologize for swearing and asked Brent again what's going on and once again no response. When the front was done I had weed barrier fabric installed with rocks to control weeds. The problem with this was there was so much dirt on the rocks that within a month of installation there were weeds growing above the weed barrier and they still are. I don't understand why a business owner would operate in such an unethical manner. All I want is what I paid for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Description of Work
Bushes removed from front of house. Retaining wall installed with new plants. Two bushes removed from backyard and a sugar Maple planted in place. Remove lawn in backyard and side of house. Installation and grading of topsoil in backyard and side of house. Install approximately 435 yards of sod. Repairs to sprinkler system.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

06/23/2016

Pat R.

Two gentelmen promptly arrived right on time at 0800, and were finished by 1030. There was a small quantity of mulch left over which they happily applied around 2 other trees in my yard. They cleaned everything including the street where the mulch had been dumped by the truck, leaving no evidence they were even here - other than the beautiful flower beds.

Description of Work
They delivered and professionally installed 5 yards of the most beautiful natural mulch I've ever seen. You won't find this stuff in a bag at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.

Category mulch

05/18/2016

Rita S.

Description of Work
Did not use

10/27/2015

Sandra P.

Description of Work
Never received a return call. Poor service.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

[Member Name Removed], I sincerely apologize if someone failed to get back to you. We cannot find you in any of our records or forms. Can I ask how you reached out to us? If you'd like to give us a call, we would be happy to help with any services you require.

09/01/2015

John S.

Excellent, up front communication on preparing the proposal was prompt and good. Showed promptly on the day scheduled, work quality and clean up was great. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installed sod following a pipe replacement and weeded and mulched landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Thanks, [Member name removed] We love to hear that our crew did a great job.

07/13/2015

Terry O.

The end result was nothing short of phenomenal!

Description of Work
We had Teddy's put in a brick paver patio with multiple levels and a fire pit. They also installed all hardscape and landscaping with sod and sprinklers. This was a new build and they completed a design before starting.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping, patios

Thank you for the review, we are so happy to hear that! We had fun designing and installing this project with you. Enjoy your new home!

05/28/2015

Karen H.

Description of Work
Teddy's did a great job pulling out our old pavers and replacing with new pavers.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you, [member name removed]! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying it.

05/17/2015

Patricia B.

Teddy's crew cut my lawn within a week of me signing the contract. They were reliable and thorough. The big mower they used created some trenches in my lawn, and cut a small chunk of tree trunk from our Locust tree on our tree lawn, and broke off part of a corner house brick. They did an excellent job of removing weeds from my garden beds, and there are quite a few around my yard. The lawn crew did it right after cutting the lawn each week, so the beds always looked great. The only problem was that they also pulled out some good plants. I had a lot of alyssum that came back year after year and filled a section of garden bed, and they removed all of it by mistake, which made me sad. They did an excellent job of edging and of keeping the concrete free of weeds. I would consider using them again if they could use a smaller mower and be more aware of which plants are weeds and which are not. They charged $23 /week for the lawn and $7 /week to weed.

Description of Work
Teddy's cut and trimmed my lawn and weeded my garden beds weekly. They edged the driveway and sidewalks once per month and kept the concrete areas free of weeds.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, tree service

01/21/2015

Lynda N.

Description of Work
This company did my summer lawn maintenance. They did such a wonderful job that I am using them for the winter snow removal. They are mainly a commercial provider, but I hope they will keep me as a customer for a while.

Category landscaping, lawn service, snow removal

12/08/2014

Lisa M.

I was quoted a price of $35/hour by the woman on the phone. I told her it was a 2 hour job at the most. When I got the bill and called the company, I was told it was $35 per MAN HOUR and that a third person came to help half way thru the job.

Description of Work
Fall lawn clean-up

06/30/2014

Daniel L.

They were very reasonably priced, and they were very prompt. Some of the plants that they used are a little expensive.

Description of Work
I am using Teddy's. They are tearing out old beds and putting in new ones.

Category landscaping, lawn service

05/23/2014

Renee L.

Mike was our design artist, he was fanstastic. He catered to exactly what we wanted and even went above and beyond with some last minute changes that we decided on. Customer Service is a huge concern for us, and he returned all phone calls and kept us up to date with everything. The finished product is amazing and we couldn't be happier with what he designed and the work that they did.

Description of Work
Landscaping Design

09/03/2013

Lynette R.

The job went very smooth. Fortunately, we didn't have any rain delays during the course of the project. They finished excavating the area the first day and the first layer of the base was put in. The first half of the second day they finished putting the base in and made sure it was level according to the pitch of the patio and drainage needs. They started putting in the pavers around 1:30 and was complete with the installation of pavers that didn't require cutting by 4:30 p.m. The final day was for all the cutting work and finishing touches. I was very impressed with the crew. They cleaned up and made sure that the area was secure at the end of each day. We have a yard with a gate because of our dogs. So, a gate that was closeable was required. Each day the fence was put back in place and areas were cleaned up. You can't tell that they had equipment out front or in the backyard. The crews worked very efficiently making good use of their time. They never seemed to ever be waiting around for something in order to move onto the next step. All the materials were delivered when they were needed. They even had a driver bring out an empty dump truck so they could take away the load of materials from the old patio that was removed. We will definitely use them again. In fact, we have an area that needs to have sod installed so we will be contacting them for a quote for that small job.

Description of Work
Replaced very worn patio with a new 400 sq ft brick paver patio

Category landscaping

Thank you [member name removed]. We enjoyed working with you on your project and look forward to future projects with you!

08/16/2012

Kenneth Z.

The original design was for a fully raised patio. After a few iterations, we came up a 2 tiered patio that opens to our back yard. Brent Teddy was very easy to work with and provided us with a lot of options to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. The timeline for the deck removal and new patio was 7 - 10 working days. They finished all but the extended driveway (poured cement) within that time frame. The crew assigned to our project was very courteous, responsive, and their craftsmanship is wonderful. We couldn't be happier with the patio and overall experience. Only 2 minor concerns; the wiring for the patio lights was on too small of gage and fried. We replaced it and it is working fine. 2nd, the poured cement extension did not match up well to our existing driveway. Brent had his crew come out and they did a minor repair.

Description of Work
Teddy's Lawn and Landscape removed our existing deck and installed a beautiful 600+ sq. ft. patio. They also replaced our paver brick sidewalk and extended our drive way. In addition, they rerouted our sprinklers, removed a tree trunk and roots, and removed existing landscape.

Custom Lawn Care

Custom Personalized Lawn Care Locations Flint, MI – Headquarters • 5289 N. Genesee Rd , Flint, MI 48506 Saginaw Office • 3691 Fashion Square Blvd. Suite 1, Saginaw, MI 48603  Lansing Office • 4103 Grand Oak Dr. Suite B 102, Lansing, MI 48911 Novi Office • 22793 Heslip Dr., Novi, MI 48375 As a Multi Year Super Service Award Winner, Custom Lawn Care is a local and family owned company that provides customized lawn care programs and additional services within the Flint, Lansing, Saginaw and surrounding areas since 1988. We try to surpass our customer’s expectations with every application, no matter how much we continue to grow. We treat all lawns with exceptional detail and service both residential and commercial properties throughout Mid-Michigan.

Diamond Shine Window Cleaning

Hi, I'm Kurtis, the owner of Diamond Shine Window Cleaning. Since opening our doors in 2016, my team and I have dedicated ourselves to providing SE Michigan with the best window cleaners around. With our long list of satisfied customers, we feel confident that we will continue to provide top-tier service to our growing customer base. We prioritize safety and efficiency, all while delivering a level of quality that only comes from proper training and experience. We specialize in cleaning windows (in/out), sills, screens, tracks, and gutters. Call us today to give your windows the "Diamond Shine" they deserve!

DeGains Masonry

Masonry brick/stone repair We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Landscaping, hardscaping & pavers, lakefront, lawn fertilization, irrigation, snow removal, water feture, mulch, topsoil & snow removal.

Ask for details.