Foundation Systems of Michigan

Michigan
Michigan: Contractors

32985 Schoolcraft Rd

Livonia, MI 48150

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, gutters, concrete sinking, and foundation failure. ...

4.1

basement waterproofing (361)foundation repair (123)insulation (50)drain pipe installation (26)gutter repair (7)generator service (1)concrete repair (67)well & water pump repair (59)mudjacking (41)structural engineering (7)hardscaping (5)electrician (5)

05/27/2022

Donna C.

Lack of communication and professionalism. The drain for the pump coming from my basement was supposed to go out the front of my home, and is what I agreed to. City regulations have it going into my backyard, and into 2 dry wells. These wells are 5 foot deep, hazardous and a liability, and where installed without my knowledge or approval. Had I been informed I would have made a different choice. FSM was given from February to May to contact me, and failed. Only concerned with making their system work. And after installation demanded payment without calling for, or passing inspection. While speaking with a representative, he informed me that I received over $2000. in material for free. I looked up these wells and can purchase them for $126. each on Amazon, that's over 150% markup on material. I'm beyond disappointed.

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement

Category basement waterproofing,wells

Work Completed On 05/09/2022

05/17/2022

Colleen T.

TLDR; The schematics that I was given for my sump pumps were not accurate and falsely advised that the pumps had backup battery systems when they did not. This lead to damage that was not covered by warrantee. In short you pay professional prices for bureaucratic avoidance of responsibility, and a sump pump system that is guaranteed to work only under perfect conditions. DO NOT TRUST. Crew has always been super nice and professional throughout the experience but the actual system is crap for the money spent unless everything in nature is perfect. Which, you know, is why I need a sump pump system?! For perfect weather?? 1. Battery Issue Got two sump pumps put in my crawl space. Team installed two, single model pumps and gave me the paperwork/schematics for the 'Elite 365 Sump Pump' which states that a 120 AMP battery backup "shall be installed". Power went out two days ago, no battery kicked in. Check my schematics...yup, battery mentioned. Called the business who had ONE support member working phones and only TWO on staff. Had to call back multiple times over the next 4 hours to talk to someone and get a tech out the next day. Turns out, the installation order listed the sump pumps as "Elite 365 Single" and that label of single is the only indication that there is, in fact, NO BATTERY BACKUP for the crawl system that I spent $13,000 installing. So now the water in my crawl ruined the $1,800 dehumidifier that was installed and the warranty doesn't cover pump failure or power outages. $13k for a my crawl to look like the inside of a dirty, moldy ice cooler soon as the power goes out. Power was out for 4 hours, damage done. Company wouldn't do jack. 2. Door Agreed to install a sealing door to the crawl. Found out during that they uh, couldn't do that actually because of the material of the wall. So now I have a crappy, half assed bit of wood with some screws in it that doesn't seal the door and lets water in all the time. Don't worry though! That's not covered by their warrantee either. 3. AC Unit All the AC ducts that run under the house now sweat profusely due to the insulation and are growing mold! Yay! So they talked me into a dehumidifier to install down there for $1,800. Did it's job actually! House didn't smell like mold. Well, until the crawl flooded since there's no battery backup on the pumps and ruined the dehumidifier two days later and isn't covered under warrantee... So they removed the dehumidifier since it didn't work anymore and let me know I could totally buy another one!

Description of Work
Encapsulation of Crawl Space

Category insulation,wells

Work Completed On 05/17/2022

Hello [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We strive to give our customers the best experience and have brought your comments to our management team's attention. We will have our General Manager reach out to you. - Foundation Systems of Michigan

05/10/2022

Tanya G.

It went ok until the City's inspection came up. They failed in 2020 and have not made any attempts to bring they're work up to code or proactively contact me, knowing full well they failed the City's inspection.

Description of Work
Foundation work

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

03/11/2022

ROBERT Z.

I chose to go with FSM for updating my existing sump, adding another sump, some waterproofing and encapsulating my crawlspace. I put 3K down on the job. They were supposed to start yesterday (3/10) and be done today (3/11). I waited yesterday until around noon or so for them to show up. I then called my "Field Rep" AKA salesman and no answer and the voicemail was full. I emailed him next, no reply. I then called the main phone number. I was put on hold several times during my conversation and it finally ended with them saying "I think it was a permitting delay but im not sure, we will call you back". Nothing else yesterday. I called them again today about 24 hours after my first successful contact with an employee. Again, I was put on hold, person got back and said that management and/or the field inspector (salesman) will call me ASAP. I then said I just want my money back and ill go with someone else (there are many other companies). The rep then said that due to me saying that, I should expect a call VERY soon. I said "funny how that works huh"? Well its been a couple hours and no call yet. During all this I spoke to many other companies and people who are very well aware of this type of work. I don't want to say to much other than its pretty common knowledge that since they were bought out almost a year ago, everything has gone way downhill. I have more information to add about this but i will wait and edit this review as things progress. Bottom Line: STAY AWAY! They no call/no showed my job and, as of this review, noone has told me why. They have my 3K deposit as well. I will update as things progress.

Description of Work
Sump Replacement, 2nd Sump, Crawl Enacpsulation

Category electrician,insulation,basement waterproofing,wells,drain pipe,foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/11/2022

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will have someone reach out to you, shortly. - Foundation Systems of Michigan

03/01/2022

Michael S.

1-year later: Basement water remains with heavy moisture permeating up from the parameter trough onto the foundation block walls! On February 28, 2022 "Foundation Systems of Michigan" came back out to access basement water damages. They agreed the moisture had not been properly remedied however, they also stated that unfortunately, the contract agreement stipulated the company is not responsible for any water or mold growth after the sub-surface parameter drain system was installed! They said there is no 30-day or any warranty other than the transferable warranty! The transferable warranty is useless since the water and moisture has not been evacuated from our basement and it's actually much worse after fake repair! MOLD EVERYWHERE!

Description of Work
Basement interior parameter sub-surface drainage system!

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 01/28/2021

Review for Foundation Systems of Michigan - 32985 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia, MI - 39643512

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will look into this immediately. So we can have more details about your experience and the best phone number to contact you, please reach out to feedback@groundworks.co - Foundation Systems of Michigan

01/08/2022

Lisa S.

Jacob T, Mario M, Miguel F, Emanuel B, and Mario S all did an excellent job. The crew came out on a Saturday. They were professional, polite, hardworking, and did a great job with clean up! Jake the foreman ensured all questions were answered and was very knowledgeable. I would absolutely use FSM again. The job occurred in a matter of days from the initial contact!

Description of Work
Foundation System and Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/08/2022

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an awesome review. We always strive to deliver great experiences consistently and we appreciate your feedback! - Foundation Systems of Michigan

12/31/2021

Bill B.

Anthony B, Jordan F, and Tim Q did an excellent job encapsulating our crawlspace, even with the tight spaces. They clearly explained what was being done and graciously answered our questions. We will highly recommend FSM to anyone needing basement or crawlspace work.

Description of Work
Crawlspace encapsulation

Work Completed On 12/30/2021

Thank you very much for your recommendation! We're so pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with our team! - Foundation Systems of Michigan

12/29/2021

LESLIE B.

I had the crawl space on my 1946 house encapsulated (+ lots of foundation repairs/structural improvements) in Dec 2021. The FSM crew exceeded my expectations. Crew leader (Anthony B) and his team (Jordan F, Tim Q) were professional, friendly, organized, knowledgeable. They worked hard from 8am-6pm with one short break. They cleaned up perfectly, informed me in detail of everything they were doing, were patient with my numerous questions. I would recommend FSM, and especially this crew, without reservations.

Description of Work
Crawl space encapsulation

Category basement waterproofing,structural engineer,foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/27/2021

Hello! Thank you for trusting us to provide your home with a solution! We are glad everything went well and we appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share the experience you had with us. - Foundation Systems of Michigan

10/20/2021

Bobby D.

Worst experience ever with them. They promised to fix the small leak in my basement. During installation I told the foreman I specifically thought the dry well location was way too close to the house and that it should be put in the back yard. He said there is no way it would flood and worst case it would get mildly damp in the front yard if it rained a ton (in hindsight because they didn't want to do the extra work of putting it in the correct location). That was definitely not true as almost immediately it overflowed. This flooded not only our basement but also our elderly neighbors basement and garage too. My pregnant wife and I had to literally stay up all night mopping up the basement so that it would not be ruined until get could get an emergency plumber to come out the next day. Their incompetence almost put my wife into premature labor due to the physical exertion of having to stay up all night mopping even though I tried to do as much as I could. For well over two months I have left numerous messages with the company as well as my salesman, Alan Free, who very much apologized to me for their incompetence and told me a manager would call me back. They still have not called back. Totally unethical and incompetent. Just not right for them to charge thousands of dollars, create a bigger problem, and refuse to do anything about it.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

Review for Foundation Systems of Michigan - 32985 Schoolcraft Rd, Livonia, MI - 39516250

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the issues that occurred and for the lack of communication. We have brought your comments to our management team's attention and our manager will reach out to you to resolve this as quickly as possible. - Foundation Systems of Michigan

09/21/2021

Jeff P.

extremely well. Two excellent crew. Clean, efficient, personable. Pricey but job well done.

Description of Work
basement encapsulation

Work Completed On 09/21/2021

Hello! Thank you for providing this feedback about pricing. We appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience with us. - Foundation Systems of Michigan

Foundation Repair, Crawl Space Repair and Encapsulation, Basement Waterproofing, Gutters, Dehumidifiers, Sump Pumps and Whole House Generators.