Creative Wood Products

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2008

3201 W Thompson Rd.

Fenton, MI 48430

Additional DBA - Creative Wood Products L.L.C. email- steve@cwpdeck.com...

10/14/2019

Linda F.

He responded the very next day & explained that seeing I would be having it done in spring I should wait to get a quote then. I appreciated that he got back with me.

Description of Work
Needed a quote on having a deck built

11/01/2018

Rob B.

Never called to setup an appointment or provide an estimate

Description of Work
Repair decking with composite

Category deck cleaning

05/30/2017

Mark B.

Steve came to our home within days of my original call and spent over an hour measuring and inspecting. He provided a quote within a week of his visit. He was not the lowest price among the quotes we obtained, but he definitely gave me the most detailed quote and provided a lot of good options/suggestions. He gave me a start date that was met. His crew was on site on time every day until the job was finished. The 2 man crew was very polite and professional, answering a few questions I had during construction. The job was finished on time and my wife and I couldn't be happier with the end product. I would recommend Creative Wood Products to anyone looking for a new or refurbished deck.

Description of Work
I was looking to get my 18 year old deck re-built and was hoping to be able to re-use the existing framework.

04/13/2016

Vanessa M.

All of the other contractors could provide a quote for the deck immediately, Creative Wood Products said they would have to get back to me in 1.5 weeks. They never followed-up with a quote. Poor business practice for never following-up. Guess they didn't need my business.

Description of Work
Came out for a consultation on a deck installation. Very knowledgeable on products, but would not install Trex decking, which is what we were considering. They did offer an alternative, PVC.

07/01/2015

Andy T.

Description of Work
I needed a product over the winter, and they were able to provide it via their web site. Answered my questions and delivered the product quickly.

06/30/2015

Karen M.

Description of Work
Removed old deck and installed new deck. They were great to work with.

02/04/2015

Linas A.

Description of Work
Strengthened and repaired back deck.

07/30/2014

Peter J.

Description of Work
Finished to basement rooms: multipurpose room and a pool room. It went well. They used their regular subcontractors for dry wall, HVAC and electrical.

07/28/2014

bernd B.

Description of Work
Deck repair

07/18/2014

Rick B.

Had a very nice visit from Steve, who promised to give us a quote within three weeks (which is ridiculous). Never heard from him again. Followed up twice -- no response. UPDATE: Steve called to make a sincere apology, and delivered our requested quote just two days later. I understand that things sometimes slip through the cracks, and appreciate the effort to make it right. Thus, I'm raising the overall grade based on Steve alone.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category decks

Hi [member name removed], I wanted to apologize for not getting back to you regarding your project quote. I am not sure how I missed your messages, but I did and that is definitely my fault. I will call you shortly , instead of just replying in this email. I did want to say that the 3 week timeframe for me getting back to you with the quote did include the time that I was going to be out of town on vacation. Again, I dropped the ball on not getting back to you with the quote for the project once I did return to town and for that I am very sorry. I do appreciate that you did contact me regarding your project to begin with. Unfortunately , mistakes were made on my end and I didn't follow through. If you are still interested in the quote, I would be more than happy to complete it for you by Monday. Again, I am very sorry for my mistake in not getting the quote back to you. Steve@ Creative Wood Products

06/23/2014

Ronald K.

Description of Work
Managed a new deck project. Project looks beautiful. Very happy with the results. |

05/13/2014

Peter P.

Our old wood deck was deteriorated to the point that it was no longer an enhancement to our home. The wood had developed rot and was not safe to walk on in some areas. Since we liked the design, size and color of the original deck, we wanted to duplicate those features. However, the exception was the material the deck would be constructed from. Our new deck would have to be built using a material that would require little maintenance and last many years to come. After shopping around for a company that would give us what we required, we turned to Angie's list and discovered Creative Wood Products. The owner, Steve Darby, came out to the house, provided info about his company, gave us info about Gossen Brand Cellular PVC material. Steve did a first class work-up of the deck and pricing, returning with samples that duplicated the look and feel of wood, without all the maintenance that wood requires. The Gossen and Creative Wood Products warranties are excellent, but it was Steve Darby's commitment to deliver exactly what we wanted with a high degree of professionalism and quality at a price that we liked. Creative Wood Products began the tear-out and haul away of the old deck as promised. From start to finish, Steve Darby, kept in contact as the project progressed, keeping us well informed. We never had to call to question anything.....his updates were the best! His employee, J.D. is a quality conscious, customer focused individual. J.D. made sure the site was clean and spotless at the completion of each day during the construction process. As a result of Steve Darby's company and J.D's efforts we are now enjoying our beautiful deck. The project was completed well ahead of the promised date. I wanted to mention that as a result of a coupon posted on the Creative Wood Products page, we received a generous discount of $350.00 off the price for the L.E.D lighting. I highly recommend Creative Wood products....They exceed all of our expectations!

Description of Work
Complete tear down of existing wood deck, including, haul away of old decking. Duplicated the design and measurements of the previous wood deck. The new construction would consisted of Gossen Brand Cellular PVC decking material in Canyon Brown color. Fifteen low voltage L.E.D. lights were installed on stair fascia's.

11/15/2013

Richard S.

Steve was very professional and provided a complete plan along with options on the quote. Unfortunately we had a death in the family that caused us to delay our plans but we would have selected Creative Wood Products and will do so in the future.

09/08/2013

rebecca A.

Great work and attention to detail. Very responsible and courteous. The workers are very detail oriented and talented. Great workmanship! Hit a gas line and electric line through no fault of theirs (Miss Dig miss marked) and they were very attentive and worked with Consumers to correct the problem even in the middle of the night! Very experienced! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replaced 2 decks

05/14/2013

Janet T.

They were incredible. The workmanship was top-notch and they were extremely professional not only in the building and installing the railings but in their recommendations. They made sure that the underside/support of the original deck was in good shape and brought everything up to code. It has been a year since the job has been complete and the deck looks brand new! I definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
I already had new poly flooring on my deck, but my railings and steps were falling apart, so they installed amazing cedar railings, steps and installed an "apron" of cedar from where the deck ended and the ground.

04/15/2013

roxane C.

The men sent by Creative Wood were professional, on time, worked the whole day and were excellent at their trade. I have no complaints. They worked everyday until the job was complete. They identified potential problems and solved them. Most of all, the team seemed to actually enjoy what they did which made it fun.

Description of Work
Creative wood products turned my old deck into a screened in porch heaven. They rebuilt the deck foundation before putting up a beautiful screened in porch. They met all my requests and made a cool addition to the deck so you can walk right out of the kitchen sliding door and out the side of the deck to get to the grill. All the trim and finishes are perfectly done. The rebuilt stairs are great with lights on each stair which look so cool at night. They also coordinated with the electrician so that a outdoor ceiling fan was installed that you can control from right inside the kitchen sliding door. You can look out the living room, dining room and kitchen onto the porch and it looks great from each room.

03/26/2013

Mike B.

See above.

Description of Work
I contacted the current owner of Creative Wood Products in Fenton, Mi. on 3/25/13 and asked if the original owner (Dennis) was still in the business. I was told he wasn't. My problem with an installed deck began in 1991. This past Fall, we noticed water leakage in a corner of our basement that was leaving a puddle. We had lesser leakage in the past that we attributed to old gutters on the roof. We replaced them in October, 2012, but the leakage continued. In early 2013, I discovered my Bond board which ran the length of my deck had wet rot that could be viewed from my crawl space .No flashing had been installed between my house, and the new deck they had attached to the house ! The Bond board (part of my original house) connects to the joists supporting my family room ! Bottom line, an after- insurance cost to me of $1298. Had I not discovered the wet rot at this time, I would have been into significantly more damage as the water encroached further under my Family Room ! I got 2 bids, and went with the less expensive one submitted by Stanley Builders of Flushing, Michigan.

Category decks

Hi (member name removed), My name is Steve, and I am the owner of Creative Wood Products. I spoke with you on the phone when you called in looking for Dennis, the original owner of Creative Wood Products. As I informed you, Dennis is no longer with Creative Wood Products. I understand your frustration with what happened on your project that was constructed in 1991, but I don't understand why I am receiving , what I consider , to be an extremely poor review by you ? I did not own the company back in 1991, and as I previously stated, Dennis is no longer with CWP, and hasn't been since September of 2009. My company didn't construct the deck for you, I hope you can understand and appreciate that. I would love to discuss this with you, but I do not have your number. Please contact me at 810-629-8818. I hope we can discuss this situation, because I feel that myself and my company are being unfairly reviewed with your situation. I take great pride in my company, not only the product that we deliver, but also in our customer service. Please contact me at your earliest opportunity so that I may discuss this with you. Thank You , Steve Darby, owner Creative Wood Products LLC

05/11/2012

Janet T.

d

Description of Work
This company does quality work! I had an existing deck and had the floor boards replaced with composite product 3 years ago. Absolutely loved not having cedar as the floor boards, however my 20+ year old deck's railings and stairs were showing their age. Derrick did an amazing job of removing the facia and railings, applied skirting around the base of the deck with vents and an access door, so you couldn't see underneath (great alternative to lattice - btw), replaced the facia, built some amazing steps and an absolutely beautiful railing. My deck now looks brand new. Derrick takes great pride in his work - and it shows!I would recommend these guys to anyone. Excellent work and they always showed up on time and when they said they would - a real pleasure.

12/04/2011

aimee K.

Very well ! The workers were very professional and cleaned up before they left every day!! I will be using them again! The craftsmanship is outstanding!!!!

Description of Work
2 tier deck.

10/25/2010

aimee K.

So far very pleased

Description of Work
Well we just got the estimate but we are going with them in may/june 2011

04/27/2010

Gloria M.

Even though it was a small job, they came out quickly, gave us a very reasonable estimate and did the job quickly and professionally. We recommended them to friends, who had them do a second story deck. It turned out very nice and they were also very happy with their services. Since then they have closed the store front, so I'm not sure how things operate now, but we would recommend them.

Description of Work
We had them replace the 4 post on our porch.

06/19/2008

Mark L.

He was on time to do the work. I would use them in the future. I would recommend them. The quality of their work was outstanding. They were professional while they were working.

Description of Work
They came to my house and built a huge deck for me.