lawn care, landscape and maintenance.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Allison Outdoor LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since February 2008

17331 Stephens Dr

Eastpointe, MI 48021

Allison Outdoor offers first-class landscape and lawn care services for residential customers. Our professional staff will make your property the envy of the neighborhood. We strive to provide the best service around with unmatched customer services at an honest price .

11/03/2020

Leticia S.

Wonderful crew! On time, efficient and the clean up was great! I am planning on working with them again in the Spring!

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Category tree service

07/21/2020

Patricia V.

I wasn't able to hire from this company because our schedules didn't work out, but the owner responded quickly to my query and fully explained their timeline. I appreciated that.

Description of Work
Trim bushes, remove week trees

Category decks, landscaping

05/14/2020

CHRISTINA S.

Very reliable and excellent job. This is our third year with Allison Outdoor. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Grass cutting and gutter cleaning

05/09/2020

Toniann T.

They never responded to our quote request submitted through Angie's List.

Description of Work
exterior drain pipe installation

Category decks, drain pipe

We went back through our quote request and do not have anything from a Tonnian [Member Name Removed]. We always make it a point to respond to any request that comes to us. So this is a very unfair review and if by chance we did miss it we apolojize.

09/10/2019

Sherry H.

They went above and beyond our expectations.

Description of Work
Landscaping Services

09/06/2019

Antonio P.

Fast friendly and affordable these guys do quality work at a very competitive price

Description of Work
Landscaping

06/24/2019

Nancy K.

They said i was out of their area.....

Description of Work
Lawn mowing, edging and weedwacking

Category landscaping

We responded letting you know that at that point of the season our route was full not that you were out of our area. I checked our response back to you. I dont know why that would have you give us a c rating when you were looking for lawn service in late june and we get booked up quickly for year by end of may.

03/02/2018

Mark A.

It went really well. I'll definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They did some landscape work in my front yard.

08/31/2017

Peter G.

Excellent experience. Jeff was responsive and easy to work with, had helpful suggestions, some of which saved money. Dan and crew were extremely professional, the work was completed in a timely manner, and the quality is outstanding. I'd look forward to working with Allison Outdoor again in the future.

Description of Work
Install backyard paver patio and walkway, create new flower bed, and repair front paver walkway.

Category mulch, hardscaping

08/22/2017

John D.

Fell for the bait & switch routine with the Angie's list "coupon" of $495 for landscaping - 3 workers for 4 hours or 12 man hours. Estimate came in for another $395 to cover spraying(125), mulch(200) and debris removal(45) Invoice sent after work performed came in at $635(60% higher). They sent 5 workers and charged me for 20 hours plus spraying, mulch and debris removal(even though coupon said it was included). After complaining, they brought down the final invoice to $502 The $200 for mulch delivery and installation is really a double dip since they used 2 of the 4 hours they were there to install the mulch. I feel overcharged by $300.00. I guess they would rather get you once versus having repeat or referral business. Lesson learned - skip the "coupon" and get 3 estimates.

Description of Work
Weeding, Trimming, Mulch, spraying, debris removal.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

I came out to assess the project before we ever started work. You stated that you wanted mulch installed which is not included in deal as well as disposal of debris. Its states at the bottom of the deal that any material, disposal and so on is not included in deal. The reason i had to spray beds is due to them being full of weeds and had i not you would have had weeds back in the beds very quickly. I sent all that in the estimate after we met and you accepted the proposal. At any point you could have cancelled the deal if you were unhappy with the price. The invoice came in approx: $100 over the original quote not $300. I always try to give worst case scenario but sometimes it's hard to quote how long. The mulch is not a double dip because to deliver and install 1 yard of mulch we charge $70 so all you were charged with was purchase and delivery of it. We sent 5 guys because we were behind due to rain that week and had to get other jobs done that day as well. Had we sent 3 men it still would have been the same price. We strive to create lasting client relationships and do not practice one and done mentality. Latsly there was a mistake made on the first invoice that was sent which i corrected after speaking to the crew.

08/19/2017

jeff M.

Very professional from the start. Communication is huge and Jeff the owner, his staff and crew communicated promptly. They did a great job, they did everything they said they were going to do and more. The crew was very nice and willing to listen to any questions or concerns I had. I will be using Allison Outdoors for any future work I need done.

Description of Work
Landscaping around pool and other miscellaneous areas.

Category landscaping, mulch

08/19/2017

jeff M.

They did a great job, They did more than what was contracted.

Description of Work
Installed rock around my pool and miscellaneous landscaping

08/14/2017

Jane T.

They did a good job but I did not like how they took care of my lawn.

Description of Work
They came out and did some general lawn work.

Category lawn service

07/03/2017

Angela L.

Took a long time to get into their schedule, but not excessive. Work done in 2 days and cleaned up everything very nicely. Only bad point was the crew on day 1 played very loud music that I don't think my neighbors appreciated.

Description of Work
Landscape in back yard after pool installation.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

06/14/2017

Randall R.

***Project cost = $19,410.00*** I won't fail the company completely since the design was good but for almost 20K spent on a landscape project you would expect it to be pretty spectacular. A year later after installation, the quality and functionality fall deeply short of satisfactory. 1) $1,200.00 spent to have French drain placed along back fence line. it was obvious shortly after installation that it was NOT working (see photo). We paid an additional $2,500.00 to have a licensed plumber connect the NDS tubing directly into the storm drain. This still did not work. After a rain storm, there was standing water in the backyard for days and would not drain completely not matter what. Come to find out there was clay buried back on top of the drain pipe during installation (***which Allison Outdoor will deny). I know this first hand because I had to excavate the ENTIRE fence line and hauled away hundreds+hundreds of pounds of clay. We filled it back in with pea gravel and guess what, it works extremely well now. 2) Due to the french drain's failure to deplete rain water throughout the initial season, the Blue spruce planted in the SW corner of lot drowned. Though it was in the agreement that we (customer) would cover item costs and company would cover labor, the tree died because the french drain was not installed correctly. This should (in my opinion) have been covered by contractor. We had a different company replace it this year. During replacement, they stated the current dead tree was also planted too low, which most likely also contributed to its death. 3) Upon spring/summer's arrival this year we had roughly 8 of 20 Arborvitaes come back looking terrible. The contractor suggested I use some fertilizer and wait and see what happens. Well, let's just say they didn't show any signs of getting better and the remaining Arbs that were planted by Allison Outdoor look like they are trying to die as well. I ended up replacing ~8 of them myself spending hundreds $$$ once again. My theory is: why pay the same company to install the same product, it dies again next season and we go into the same cycle... 4) Here is another funny thing. So I decided to install mulch around the entire yard this year myself. Not knowing how many yards to order, I followed the last invoice from Allison Outdoor as a reference to how many yards of mulch they "Claimed" was delivered and installed last season (15 yards according to them). I ordered 13 yards just to be on the safe side, if anything I could order more if need be. When I was done putting down ~6" of mulch around the entire yard I ended up hiding it in places because I had a huge surplus and still had several yards in the driveway. I probably bagged and stored AT LEAST 5 yards of mulch after it was all said and done. In retrospect, 8-9 yards would have been plenty, YET last year I was charged for 15 yards of mulch when Allison Outdoor installed the initial landscape. Amidst all of this headache, the contractor is blaming us (THE CUSTOMERS) for all of this not working out. I'm sure he will have some sort of a rebuttal on this forum. I apologize if my tone may be somewhat negative but all in all for the amount of money spent on this MAJOR project ($19,410.00 to Allison Outdoor LLC + ~$5,000.00 after the fact + our own manual labor/time = at least $25,000.00 total), we should not be displeased. However, in the end it is our fault, right?

Description of Work
Brand new landscaping for new construction build (design as well as installation). Installation of limestone retaining wall in front yard. Excavation of sod and soil in preparation for landscape beds. French drain installation along back property line in order to facilitate rain water into storm drain.

Category landscaping, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

In regards to the drain tile we took a course this spring and how to install easy drain which is corrugated pipe with polyethylene foam and a sock that goes over it. It does not require Pea gravel. The installation instructions are to excavate for the trench and lay the pipe and backfill with topsoil. It's a new product that has been out for going on three years now. I can also assure you that every bit of what we excavated for that trench was hauled away and fresh topsoil was brought in to backfill. I was personally there when the trench was complete and they were installing ez drain and it was backfilled with clean topsoil not clay. So all the work that you did with putting Pea gravel in was completely unnecessary. I do apologize that we were unable to tap into the sewer but I am not a licensed plumber therefore I am not qualified and cannot tap into that legally. Normally the way that we install it is usually not a problem but however it became a problem because of the way that all four lots drain to that area. Therefore that is why I recommended tapping it into the sewer line. I dont know who you hired but in the past i have had clients that have the done for $250-$450 not $2500. Looking back on it now we should have waited to do the rear landscape until after the fence was installed. I would like to think that the fact that I take time out of my day when I'm in your area to drop by and look at your landscape and try to give you my recommendations to make sure that everything is being maintained properly would prove to you that we are not a company that just slaps things in. I haven't built my company on excuses and my reputation should speak to that. We believe in doing things right the first time. I do apologize but I do take some offense to what you're insinuating. I will remind you that after the arborvitae were planted I was asked to move them because the fence was installed after the landscape. I again will reiterate I had asked for a plot plan but was told you did not have one which is why we had to move the arborvitae at the end of last year which is probably why they're struggling since they've been moved twice now. In regards to the Spruce I think the biggest problem was that corner was very wet which it appears has now been fixed so I'm thinking that's why that spruce probably drowned. However the reason I think that may not be the case it's the fact that that Spruce with healthy at the end of last year when I was out there. While I understand your frustration what I don't understand is why it's being directed to me. You're wanting me to take responsibility for things that are out of my control. Outside of the dead spruce and the one boxwood everything else looks to be very healthy and in good shape outside of a few arborvitae which again I will reiterate are probably stressed due to be moved at the end of last year and just need to be watered and some holly tone and they should bounce back this year. I do understand that yes you did spend a fair amount of money to have the landscape done and we gave you everything that you asked for and yet you're upset with me because I'm not replacing the trees free of charge when we don't get a one year warranty because we buy at wholesale. I was more than happy to replace any of the plants that died that same summer and you took it upon yourself to go up to Costco or wherever and get arborvitae to replace the couple that had died which I was more than happy to replace and might I remind you I also had them on my truck when I came over to plant them only to find out you had went out and bought new ones already. Lastly in regards to mulch when mulch is being installed for the first time you will use much more than if you're just topdressing which is what you did this year. I dont charge for materials we dont use. The fact that you're even going there i'm not going to lie really burns me. At the end of the day i'm apologize you're unhappy with the job and have tried to accomadate as much as i can but there is no reasoning with you so i dont know what else i can say do.

06/05/2017

Bonnie S.

EXCELLENT On Time Polite Clean Great Attitudes during work

Description of Work
Full landscaping of yard for a previously neglected home in East English Village.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

05/23/2017

Erin C.

I purchased a deal through Angie's List: $495 for four labor-hours of landscaping by three landscapers. When he came out to look at the job, he estimated that there would probably be an extra charge of $150 for the amount of debris that would need to be hauled away. They came out and did the work, but only worked for a little less than 2.5 hours out of the 4. Then I received an invoice for the original $495 with the debris removal charge no longer there. I assume they meant that in exchange for the hours not worked, the debris removal was now included in the original purchase price, but that wasn't really communicated so that is just my assumption. Overall, we are pleased with the work that was completed but I think communication fell off a bit.

Description of Work
Remove vines along back fence line of yard.

10/20/2016

Saralee R.

on time according to schedule, except when weather would not permit

Description of Work
This company addressed all the issues we were having with a backyard that was a lower grade then surrounding yards, thus causing ponding during the winter/spring and a wet basement as a result of improper grade. Jeff helped design a solution to our problem with flow wells, sand , lots of topsoil to raise grade away from house, seeded new lawn and planted arborvitae. Working during one of the hottest, most humid summer that i can remember, the crew did not complain, and forged ahead to get the job done. Very polite and well mannered, i would recommend them to anyone looking to improve the value of their property.

08/25/2016

Mitzi B.

Jeff and his team were awesome. We are thrilled with the results. The entire experience was great - from the initial contact to the finished project was smooth and drama-free (even though we had a bit of a delay due to a permit issue). I was impressed with how clean they were! They put protection down on the driveway to prevent tire marks from the equipment and there was no mud or dirt tracked anywhere. The crew as professional, prompt and friendly. We will definitely hire Allison Outdoor again!

Description of Work
New paver patio and walkway, cleaning up some beds and re-seeding the yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

08/23/2016

Scott V.

They did a great job and Jeff was very helpful going out of his way to address any concerns I had with the work. We will definitely use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
We had the current paver walkway reset along with the wall surrounding the flower beds. Installed retaining walls around the trees in the front yard and planted several bushes and a tree in the front. They also power washed and sealed the concrete patio in the back and put soil/mulch in all of the flower beds

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

08/04/2016

susanne D.

Jeff came out and seemed reliable. By email he gave me an estimate for all the work. We agreed to weeding, edging planting and the rest would wait until Fall as it was getting too hot. The date was set for June 23, he later changed the date to June 30 due to weather. On June 8 I called Jeff about something. He stated he was coming to spray in the morning the next day. I was not made aware this is what he was doing. I could not be here and asked him to be careful of the overspray. He got an attitude and said he knew what he was doing. After several weeks the spray killed 3 plants, several others struggled to stay alive and he sprayed all the edge of the grass on the flowerbeds.. The spray followed the grass roots and killed off over a 1 1/2 feet of lawn edge on the flowerbeds. The grass on my neighbors side of the flower bed has been sprayed and killed off some of his lawn. Weeds have grown on the dead grass and I will now have to re seed in the fall. I received an emailed at 8pm on June 28 to say his crew would be here tomorrow June 29 at 8am. He apparently gave me the wrong date of June 30. I had plans for June 29 and could not change them. He knew I wanted to be here when they worked. He said they would be here Friday July 1 early afternoon 12-1pm. They arrived at 3pm instead. They rushed to complete 5 hours of work in 3. At 6pm we had enough. It was July 4 weekend and I had to change my evening plans already and the foreman was suppose to be on the road up North. I could see they were rushing and told them to stop. The crew did not know how to plant my flowers. The holes were not dug big enough with correct soil put in. Within a few days the plants were dying and falling over. I had to replant them correctly. The grass edging was dug too wide out into the lawn in spots plus it is still dead. I have to replace some with sod in the fall. Flower pulled out and thrown away. Weeds not pulled up at root growing back. Asked for tags of plant information. Some put by wrong plants, some thrown away, some returned. Jeff asked me not to pay the remainder of what was owed. However, with all that happened I felt as if I should have received some of my $350.00 deposit back. I was stressed and discouraged with this experience and ended up doing more work myself . The fall I will have to hire someone to reseed and sod. I had to hire someone to spray the weeds in the dead grass. I lost my 5year bleeding heart plant and some annuals. My grass lawn edging is not sharp and clean because Jeff sprayed it with weed killer. It is dead and brittle. If I had known he was doing that I would have told him not too. Just to deep cut the grass edge.

Description of Work
I am now physically disabled but did all my own gardening and maintenance for 20 years. That includes digging my own pond with fish and waterfall. I still have the pond and gardens with a variety of 200 bulbs and flowers. I still try and do the majority of work but because I am now limited I was looking for a landscaper who could do the weeding, planting, transplanting and edge front and back beds. I needed an experienced landscaper, someone with knowledge of plants, what they are,need and how to handle them. I also needed sod to be put done, a flower bed rebuilt and fieldstone walkway leveled.

Category landscaping, lawn service

There are many facets that played out here and yes you are correct that we had you scheduled for a certain day and i misspoke on what the correct day was. However the reason we were late the day we showed up was due to rain that morning which i cannot control. The grass edges were burnt but not 1.5'. I can assure you i did not kill any of the plants that you are claiming. The type of spray we use only kills what its sprayed upon and does not leach into soil as you claim. I was very careful to not spray any plants and just the weeds. The beds would have been edged and any issue addressed when we had set up to come back out the following week to finish but you canceled that. The job was somewhat rushed due to the holiday weekend being that weekend which Eric and I have spoke about and he was told that rushing a job no matter what the circumstances are is not acceptable. We would have made all right had we been allowed to finish the job. I will also mention the work we originally spoke about when i came out to quote and the list that was given to eric, there was significant amount of work added that we were not anticipating and had i known i would have just reschedule with you that day for the following week. I will also add you had me under the gun and were already unhappy with me due to the schedule mix up which was why i was gung ho on getting there that day to at least get some work accomplished for you.

07/10/2016

Bill R.

It went very well.? Crew as on time and professionally supervised.? Plant recommendations were correct and new plantings are doing well.? Work was expertly executed.? Work was scheduled for about 6 weeks after estimate.? We were updated by Allison on schedule status as it changed by a few days due to weather delays.?

Description of Work
Remove and replace/update several plants in various beds around home.? Trimmed all bushes around home.

12/01/2015

Jenny Z.

The experience was very positive. The owner scheduled an appointment with me within a few days of contact and arrived on time. We walked through my entire yard, which has a lot of overgrown landscaping that we want to reduce and replace. He took measurements and photos, then wrote up plans and quotes for each individual area. We need to complete our landscaping project in stages and he was fine with that - no pressure to do the whole yard at once or for things we did not need/want. The project manager was equally fantastic, pleasant, and did a great job. I will definitely continue to use Allison to complete all of our landscaping needs over the next few years.

Description of Work
Cleared out multiple beds of weeds/overgrown landscaping, including the entire side of the house 3 feet deep, and seeded the new areas. Brought one bed in and replaced mulch, transplanted a sentimental bush.

Category landscaping, mulch

10/12/2015

Janet Lopez U.

Arrived on expected date, work completed in a timely and professional manner. owner followed up with phone calls for a few days to make sure we knew how to take care of the newly seeded lawn and that we were happy.

Description of Work
Cleared debris from large woodpile in back yard, leveled gound and planted seed, dug out 3 holly bushes

Category landscaping, tree service

08/31/2015

Patricia Y.

It went great, we were very pleased. Crew led by Dan showed up on the appointed day, were very professional, and meticulous about cleanup. My husband was even impressed and he tends to be very particular. Job looks terrific.

Description of Work
Hardscape division - Removed paver stones on 2 terrace areas approx 20 x 6, ( which had sunk and become uneven) tamped down layer of sand, reset pavers, and applied polymeric sand. They had to cut a number of stones to finish the job.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

It's the Brick Guys

BCM Roofing

Here at BCM Roofing, we strive to provide quality work and exceptional customer service. BCM has no pushy sales people, no leaky trucks, and won't leave a mess behind after the job is done. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction, and it shows. We want to give you the best price possible and offer up only quality craftsmanship on every job. We handle everything from mold problems to structural repair. We can fix any leak, and provide a preventative maintenance program. If you need other work, we can help, or refer you to a professional. Contact us today for a FREE estimate on your next roofing service! Ask about the BCM referral program offering Home Depot gift cards or check it out on the website today!

Austin Brick Pavers LLC

We have been in business since 1994. During this time, we have installed hundreds of brick paver and natural stone landscapes throughout Southeastern Michigan. We carry Commercial Liability, Commercial Vehicle and Worker's Compensation Insurance. Take a look at our website to see our portfolio. Austin Brick Pavers LLC is dedicated to our community. We only employ local workers because we believe in keeping jobs local and we also believe in paying a decent wage for an honest day's work. Our employees are courteous and knowledgeable and always appear in Austin Brick Pavers LLC uniforms on the job site. As an owner of the business, I work hand in hand with my employees on the job site, utilizing my 19 years of brick paving experience and also my knowledge of architecture. I hold a degree in Architecture from Lawrence Technological University. We are a Unilock Authorized Contractor. We take pride in community outreach like sponsoring our local T-ball teams and the Adopt-a-Highway program.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Snow removal and salting commercial and industrial only. Commercial and residential: Landscape design & installation services. Interlocking brick pavers. Retaining walls. Horticultural services. Outdoor lighting. Grounds maintenance. Annual flowers. Mulch. Natural stone. Turf renovation. Sodding or seeding projects. Drainage solutions. Bury downspouts. Tree and shrub planting. Landscape removal. Edging installation.

Fertilization. Irrigation. Large tree trimming or removal.