Canton Computers Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2010

6130 N Canton Center Rd

Canton, MI 48187

Canton Computers has been in business since 1987. We currently have over 30 employee's and three locations in Redford, Livonia, and Canton....

11/01/2016

Pamela L.

Happy I found Canton Computers! I plan to return next week to have the new battery installed, and I'll be bringing my desktop CPU to have RAM upgraded in that unit. What a gem these guys are. Very knowledgeable, accommodating, professional, and very fairly priced. Cost of service includes 1 battery and a total of 16 GB RAM, installed.

Description of Work
Had 2 laptops that needed additional RAM (one laptop had only 2 GB and the other only 4). Recently moved to this area and didn't know who to go to. Found them on Angie's List and walked into their Canton shop with both laptops under my arm. I was greeted by Roy, store manager, who cheerfully took care of the issues and installed the RAM in both laptops right in front of me on the counter. He tried different manufacturers and different sizes to get just the right combination that would work in my finicky Dell laptops. I also ordered a new battery for one of the laptops.

Category computer repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words, we certainly appreciate it!!

11/26/2014

Allen & Julia R.

The employee at Canton-Computers was very responsive to the issue. For starters, they were open from 12pm-4pm on Sunday! I took my CPU into the store. Immediately the employee hooked it up to a monitor and began diagnosing the issue. Within a matter of minutes he diagnosed the issue as being a bad graphics card. The whole process from the time I walked into the store to the time I walked out was less than 30 minutes!! I would definitely go back to Canton-Computers if I ever had another computer problem!

Description of Work
Computer would not boot up. Wasn't sure if a hard drive had crashed or what the issue was?

Category computer repair

Thank you for the great review! We certainly appreciate it! As a token of our appreciation, I would like to offer you half off of in-store labor on your next visit. Simply print this out and taken it to either of our locations in Livonia, or Canton. Thank you!

10/25/2014

Barbara S.

I called yesterday afternoon and they had someone here at 5pm. I was impressed! After two hours, the tech declared my printer fixed. Later, when I tried to print, it wasn't working. I called this morning and the manager said the tech would come back (for free!) and see what was going on. He was here within an hour, which impressed me once again. Instead of using wireless, he hardwired it and all is good now!!! I would recommend this company!!! They are courteous, prompt and professional. =)

Description of Work
My wireless printer was not communicating with my computer. The tech came to fix that.

07/16/2014

ALICE D.

The repair was fine, they took everything off of the computer that they could because they had said it was just gone. They said if I could bring in a hard drive or a CD disk or whatever they could take off whatever they could and save it for me before I got rid of the computer, which they did, which was very nice. I think the price was reasonable. I was happy with them and the service but I was a little put out when I was in the shop; both men would take calls. One man was waiting on me and he would pick up the phone and take the call and he would start ignoring me. I think if I am in the shop, the first priority should be me especially if he had already started with me and he ought to tell the person on the phone that he has a customer that was ahead of them, that he will get to them as soon as he can. But he didn't. The phone people seemed to be his priority over the people in the store and that's not how I would do it. I work in a library and I was told that you should take preference over people that are in front of you over who called on the phone, you put them on a nice hold and then you go ahead with what is in front of you. It was just a little irritating. It was the same amount that they had told me it would be. One thing, I think they said to me was that the hard drive is gone or whatever, the computer is shocked, and he said, "I could run a diagnosis on it but it would cost you" and then he said, "I don't really think I need to run a diagnosis, I think I can tell you right now that the computer is shocked". So I took his word for it and he didn't do the diagnosis as that would have cost me extra. They called me when it was ready and it was pretty much close to when they said it would be ready. I might mention to them how I thought about that next time. I would use them because I don't know any where else I could go.

Description of Work
My computer wouldn't start up, I took it to them, and they said it was shocked. So I had them transfer and save the data for me.

Category computer repair

Hello [member name removed], I apologize for the issues with the phone call. While customers in our store fronts are certainly first order of business, we do need to make sure all phone calls are answered and handled in a timely manner as well. I agree, you should NOT have felt like you are being ignored. I will consult my staff about this and I certainly apologize. For your troubles, I would like to offer you half off any in-store or on-site service on your next visit. Simply print this page from AngiesList and our staff will honor the pricing. Again, I sincerely apologize for any issues we may have caused.

01/30/2014

robin H.

They spent quite a bit of time and seemed to get everything working. We took our computer back to them because we were still having some more issues. They cleaned the hard drive and they are really nice. They never charged us more than the initial cost. Everything has since been great. We were happy with them and we would refer them. They are really good about getting back with us and answering the phone. The guys on the road were all good.

Description of Work
We were having trouble with some speed issues and our WiFi connection. We have an HP desktop computer.

Category computer repair

[removed member name] & [removed member name], Thank you for the great review! We certainly appreciate it! As a token of our appreciation, I would like to offer you half off of labor on your next visit. Simply print this out and taken it to any of our three locations in Redford, Livonia, or Canton. Thank you!

07/22/2013

Mary B.

The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, very helpful, and the experience doesn't make you feel like they know all and you know next to nothing.

Description of Work
The staff at Canton Computers researched and special ordered a laptop with the capacity to efficiently run graphics and memory heavy games for my son. He couldn't be happier.

Category computer repair

As always, we welcome the kind words and thank you for the review! I will forward this on to the staff as well. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns! Thank you and have a great day.

03/27/2013

Don D.

They are outstanding. We are older and there are things that we can't fix on the computer. Basically, the machine was shutting down because I didn't have any storage space left. They just tweaked a few things for me, he added Java which we didn't have. They cleaned it out. These guys are great. We were very impressed. My husband walked in, they weren't busy, they just did it right then and he walked out.

Description of Work
I had a storage problem in my computer and Canton Computers fixed it.

Category computer repair

Thank you for the kind words! We know how important it is to have great customer service. Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you!

11/30/2012

Michael B.

The work was done professionally and I am completely satisfied with the service provided by Canton Computers, Livonia.

Description of Work
My laptop had multiple problems - slow response time, exiting windows and/or the internet unexpectedly, blue screens etc. Canton Computers did a complete diagnostic check of the entire PC and it was determined that one of the two memory cards was faulty. The memory card was replaced and the PC is now functioning appropriately. Canton Computers kept me informed about what they found and what the solution was. I was very pleased with their responsiveness and courtesy. The staff was very professional.

Category computer repair

Thank you for the kind words! We know how important it is to have great customer service, especially now more than ever. Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you!

03/28/2012

Debrah D.

When you go in don't be afraid to ask questions because they are very knowledgeable. Make sure you get them to quote you before they do the service.

Description of Work
They completely replaced the hard drive for my computer.

Category computer repair,computer training,internet service

04/22/2011

Marilyn W.

The store had several service representatives present and we were given immediate attention. Several of the techs conferred and agreed that we most likely had a serious infection which might end up requiring a complete cleaning and reprogramming of the hard drive, but it was agreed that before they did such a drastic measure they would call us to explain and get our approval. We also decided to have our antivirus program changed and a some other small adjustments made. The original estimate was $108 but with the saving of files for the hard drive, change in anti virus programs and the other minor software changes it ended up in the neighborhood of $150.00 It took from Tuesday to Friday to get the computer back and it's worked fine since. We would definately use them in the future.

Description of Work
Our computer was slowing down and malfunctioning in a number of ways. Took it in to Canton Computers-Livonia which is a fairly new facility in Livonia related to Canton Computers of Canton MI and Redford MI. They diagnosed a serious malware infection, saved a lot of files in order to reformat the hard drive, replaced our present antivirus program with Norton, and did several minor software changes at our request.

Category computer repair

We just signed up with AngiesList today and saw the review! Thank you for the kind words. Our company prides itself on customer service, and we are glad that you received the service we strive to give to each customer. Thanks again!

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    AIO Integrations LLC

AIO provides computer support services for all PC platforms including Apple OSX/iOS, Microsoft Windows, and Google Android devices. We are the only company on Angi.com with a BBB A+ rating providing nation-wide IT support on-site/remote services from over 1500 locations. You can call us directly at 832-402-1335, option 1 for sales, to be connected to a sales engineer if you need immediate help. You can also visit our website at https://aiosupport.net. We look forward to helping you!

All American Solutions

Expert Remote Computer Repair, $99 (no additional hourly fees). 100% Money Back Guarantee! We repair both Windows and MAC Computers. All work is performed remotely by US Military Veterans who are Certified Technicians! Why take your Computer into a store when we can perform the same repair from the comfort of your own home? Included is: -Virus/Malware Removal -Browsers being un-hijacked -Security Evaluation -"Free" (Trial Version) of Anti-Virus/Internet Security Software -Complete Expert Computer Optimization, (Makes it run faster). When we are done repairing your computer, it will run like it was brand new. All of our Techs are Vets! We service the entire US. 888-246-9990. Alternate Email: bob@allamericansolutions.us Web Address: https://allamericansolutions.com

Offers by All American Solutions on Angi

Internet Service
    Computer Training
    Computer Sales
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Networking, Laptops, Desktops, Wireless Networking. Home Repair. Computer Repair