Turner Cooling & Heating

Michigan: Contractors
08/31/2025

1960 Lillypad SW

Byron Center, MI 49315

Proudly serving Grand Rapids area providing 24-hour service and Free Estimates for all of our customers. We also provide 1-year Turner Cooling and Heating labor warranty on any major equipment. If you experience a problem within 1 year of service, our reputable staff will repair your system for no labor charge....

HVAC Companies (26)

10/11/2021

Sandy B.

Fantastic! The crew was professional and knew what they were doing. A boiler is not cheap but Turner Cooling & Heating was reasonably priced. From initial contact and the quoting, there was also genuine interest in our house. The new boiler is in and working great! I would recommend this company for work.

Description of Work
New boiler installation

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

12/22/2020

DJ J.

Excellent job. No nonsense pricing. Immediate response and remedy. Breath of fresh air dealing with a small business owner who is NOT trying to take advantage of homeowners. Rare!

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

09/21/2019

Jim M.

Turner Heating and Cooling did an excellent job at fair market price. As this was August and very hot, 4 other companies either tried to over charge on the quote by over a thousand dollars, or, did not want the work because not enough profit when I provided a cost target based on average industry pricing for 2 ton AC unit and coil replacement. I would recommend Turner Cooling and Heating to anyone. Their technicians were very careful not to step on my wife’s flowers where the AC unit was located, and left the work areas clean and orderly. Great service at a great price compared to their competition in and around Lowell, MIchigan!!!

Description of Work
Ac Unit and Coil Replaced.

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

10/11/2018

Marie E.

This is the second time we used Turner Heating and Cooling to keep an old furnace limping along. I was able to get an appointment for a service call right away. The worker was early for the appointment but called first. He diagnosed the problem, picked up the part and had the furnace working again within two hours. He did not try to upsell me or talk me into buying a new furnace. I would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

07/13/2018

David B.

Great. Installed for agreed price.

Description of Work
New Central Air

Work Completed On 01/14/2015

11/15/2017

Thomas H.

Great company to work with

Description of Work
Installed manual humidifier controller

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

08/01/2017

Mark B.

He instantly sized up my situation and actually talked me into going with an infrared heater instead thereby talking himself out of the work. He really knows his business and is obviously very honest. If I ever need some work in the future he will be the first one I call.

Description of Work
Owner came out to give me quote on running heat duct to my breezeway.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

06/11/2017

Jan C.

A friend who used to install A/C units was here when Steve Turner, the owner, came out to give me a quote. I asked my friend to evaluate the kind of work that he thought Steve and his company would do, as well as the kind of person that Steve is. My friend gave him a big thumb's up! The installation itself went really well. Steve brought the new unit and met his service technician here. They did a great job. I have been using the A/C unit this weekend and it works well. Steve had never heard of using a boost kit (hard start kit) on a new A/C, but said that it made sense. My lights no longer dim when the A/C kicks in - there's no sudden power surge. Also, Steve's prices are good. Another place had quoted me almost twice as much! I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
I needed my air conditioner replaced. I had a 3-ton Eco-Carrier 14 SEER installed with a hard-start (boost) kit.

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

01/25/2017

Brian F.

It went exactly as advertised. I'm just disappointed i didn't call them first, as I spent over $100 on service fees to have the other two companies out. Not only was Turner honest, but they saved me a substantial amount of money!

Description of Work
Our furnace went out and had 2 different companies come out for estimates before calling Turner. Our inducer motor went out - First company indicated they could do the job for $820. That seemed a bit extreme so I called for a 2nd opinion. The second company came out and said not only did I need an inducer motor, I needed 4 other items fixed on the unit. Total estimate was $1,100. At that point I strongly considered just ordering a new furnace. As a last ditch effort I found Turner on Angie's list and called Steve (who happened to be on vacation)...He took my call and said right away he would have someone come out (free estimate, which was a breath of fresh air)...I explained what I had been told and he said there's no way I was getting an honest estimate. He gave me his tech's name and number. I called Shawn, his tech, and he was at our house by noon. He diagnosed the situation. Said we did not need the other services recommended and we had another 10 years of life in our furnace. He said he would go get the inducer motor and have us up and running in no time.

Work Completed On 01/24/2017

11/28/2016

Travis S.

Our furnace was barely blowing any air and was barely warm. After the furnace cleaning, it's blowing a high amount of air and very warm. Heating our house in record time. Would definitely use again in the future.

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

Work Completed On 11/23/2016

09/01/2016

Marilynn B.

He was great. He did everything with no issues. He knew what he had to do and was fast and efficient. He came when he said he would and communicated well. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
New furnace, central air and new duct work. This was an old farm house that took imaginative thinking to get things done.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

09/01/2016

Marilynn B.

Steve was great. He knows what he is doing and could solve any problem we had. He gave us a good price and was very responsive to us. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Total replacement of heating and cooling system.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

03/03/2015

Dan R.

I had kind of a bad experience. I was just really surprised by their A rating. They did a really bad job. They eventually did an okay job hooking it up. It was a very frustrating process working with them. It was tough to get them to finish the job. They were at a pretty reasonable price. They came out, did the work and hooked us up. They got us all set to go except for sort of the final step. It took them weeks to complete the final step which is really frustrating. They were really unprofessional and really unprepared when they did come out to attempt to fix the job a couple of different times. We would really have a technician come out to finish the job and he didn't finish it for another couple of weeks after he forgot his Allen wrench at her house. Lack of professionalism, lack of having the correct tool that they needed to finish the job and very bad at communicating. I will not recommend them.

Description of Work
We recently hooked up a natural gas, we used them to do the job

Work Completed On 11/27/2014

01/12/2015

Thomas T.

They were early, after calling us to ok that. Service was quick & professional. Left no mess behind.

Description of Work
Install whole house humidifier.

Work Completed On 12/30/2014

12/18/2014

Linda B.

Description of Work
cleaned and checked my furnace

Work Completed On 12/10/2014

06/03/2014

amanda L.

Quick service and trustworthy advice! I had another service out to do a tune up on my furnace two years ago. After taking everything apart, the first service company told me that I needed a brand new furnace but couldn't really tell me why or where the problem was on my original one. They left my house with my furnace still in pieces and said they would only come back to put it back together if I decided to order from them. I called Turner for a second look as I thought this was fishy. Steve came right out, diagnosed the issue (which didn't include buying a new furnace!) and put my existing furnace back together; all for less than what the other guy was going to charge. My furnace ran great after that!. I have since used Turner for both my rental home and my primary homes' AC and furnace units with the same level of great service and trustworthy advice. In fact, Steve, the owner, is scheduled to do an AC tune up on my house this week!

Description of Work
furnace and AC tune up for both my home and my rental home

Work Completed On 05/29/2014

09/25/2013

June H.

Project is not complete, as freon level needs to be checked next year and probably filled, due to no time to run it for awhile. Will call back next Spring/Summer and update this review at that time.

Description of Work
Check the AC function.

Work Completed On 08/15/2013

07/05/2013

Susan M.

Service provider was about 15 minutes late. My husband was there he did not realize i had already paid for the service so he wrote a check to pay for it. The service provider accepted the check. He had made up the bill not knowing it was an angie's list deal. it was made out for 64.95. It was advertise as a $99.00 deal for $59.00 so it was actually a $64.95 service for $59.00. So we Saved $5.95 what a deal! Called the provider ack them to mail check back Said he would never received check.

Description of Work
Cleaned and check AC unit

Work Completed On 06/18/2013

05/03/2013

Sharon G.

I called Tuesday morning April 30th regarding a non working air conditioner. The owner had one of his team come out immediately and I was up and running with cool air before noon that same day. They replaced the fuse and checked the air conditioner for any additional problems, which there were none. I will call them again in a heart beat. This is a company you can call for reliable, honest and quick service.

Work Completed On 04/30/2013

07/12/2012

Sandra T.

IT WENT PERFECTLY. THEY FIXED THE A/C FOR ME WHILE I WAS AT WORK AND THEY WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR SERVICE. THEY FIXED IT THE DAY AFTER THEY RECEIVED MY REQUEST.

Description of Work
My A/C was not blowing cold air. I applied via email and was contacted the next business day (Monday). Tuesday @ 8:15 a.m. they were at my home and completed the repairs within an hour. Very professional and friendly service. The other company I contacted couldn't even say when they would be available. I would recommend Turner Cooling and Heating to all my friends.

Work Completed On 06/19/2012

05/03/2012

Holly T.

He was prompt. I liked everything about him. He didn’t overcharge me. He was really nice and got back to me immediately.

Description of Work
I used Turner Cooling & Heating for a tune-up on my air conditioning. He had a coupon where it was $70 for a tune-up.

Work Completed On 03/20/2012

04/03/2012

julia H.

They were very competitively priced and they were very knowledgeable about the system. We had several questions concerning the system, since we never had one, and they returned several times to answer our questions.

Description of Work
Turner Cooling and Heating installed a new boiler system for us.

Work Completed On 09/14/2011

10/06/2011

julia H.

The job went very well .Extremely professional and gave us very personal attention.

Description of Work
Steve and his team put in a complete new boiler system and covered all the basis of anything that could go wrong.