Elegant Floor Services

Founded 1986 • With Angi since March 2005

2322 B Montgomery St

Silver Spring, MD 20910

Elegant Floor Service has been offering leading, comprehensive wood floor services to residents in Maryland, Virginia, and DC since 1987! Our trusted, in-house contractors carry extensive experience and top-class training, ensuring we can meet all of your home or business flooring needs. From maintenance to total installation, you can count on Elegant Floor Service to provide. Offering many varieties of hardwood, flooring installation, refinishing, and restoration of stone floors....

4.4

hardwood floors (286)flooring (148)floor cleaning (55)marble & granite (12)woodworking (5)tile installation (5)interior painting (3)carpet installation (1)

05/04/2022

John K.

They did a decent job installing the hardwood floors. The issue is they were supposed to match the color to our existing hardwood floors and they didn't. I now have a room with hardwood significantly lighter than the hallway. When I reached out to them they said not much they can do and then didn't respond to additional emails. They were very communicative during the sales process and very quiet after the contract was signed. The workers needed an extra day as they needed to finish a previous job and there were a few spots that could use fixing the company never replied back to me on after I sent pics. Would not use again.

Description of Work
Hardwood Floor Installation

Work Completed On 04/30/2022

07/01/2021

John B.

Excellent job refinishing a den/library with rare but very worn heart pine flooring. Steve was prompt in replying to my request for an estimate, and was reasonably priced. His hard-working crew did a great job repairing the floor -- plus sanding, staining, sealing and coating with polyurethane -- all in a single day! We have lots of other rooms with old floors in our 1898 house. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

Review for Elegant Floor Services - 2322 B Montgomery St, Silver Spring, MD - 39390493

05/19/2021

Aaron S.

They don't return phone calls and very unresponsive, their service professionals were very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Wood Floor Cleaning

Category floor cleaning

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

01/08/2021

Elisabeth B.

Wonderful! Cannot say enough good things about this company. Fari prices, friendly and professional service and an all around amazing job. Would definitely use their services again in the future!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

10/24/2020

Kathy B.

Elegant Floors is an excellent company to deal with in all areas! Our floors look absolutely beautiful, the cost was very fair and affordable. Everyone we dealt with was fantastic. They were punctual, efficient, very professional and were very accepting of our needs. I had to reschedule the dates that work was to begin and it was not a problem at all. They were happy to provide us with the dates we wanted. The floors and house were spotless when they left! We can't say enough about how happy we are with this company. If we could give them higher than an "A" rating, we would, that is how pleased we are with their work and fair prices.

Description of Work
We had our hardwood floors sanded and stained.

Category woodworking,floor cleaning

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

10/06/2020

Charlene F.

The crew was very professional and arrived on time. I was told the project would take 2 days but it actually took 3. That was not a problem because I loved the job they did. I’ve hired them again to do my daughter’s house.

Description of Work
Sanding of floors and finished applied.

Category hardwood floor,woodworking

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

08/18/2020

Joan H.

We had our hardwood floor refinished by Elegant Floor Service, August 2020. The floor is now beautiful - Oak with a neutral finish. The location is the main floor of the house. The cost was very reasonable. Steve White, the owner, came to our home to measure and give the estimate. He was very clear and patient. Two men, Jaime and Oscar refinished the floor. They did a great job. Because the entire first floor needed to be refinished, the job was done in two stages. It took one week from start to finish including moving furniture back (there were four men moving furniture when necessary). We included two options; the dust containment system and a commercial grade finish. All products were water based. The floor has a second life - it looks better now than it originally did. We are happy with our decision to refinish rather than install new floors.

Description of Work
Refinish Hardwood Floor

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

Review for Elegant Floor Services - 2322 B Montgomery St, Silver Spring, MD - 38807955

06/26/2020

Toni C M.

This was my second time using Elegant Floor Service and I'm on my way to using their service for a third time! Based on my first experience, I knew I wanted to hire them again and now that they've just recently installed a second room, I'll be having them back soon! The crew was on-time, friendly and did quality work. No dust, no loud noise and were fast! The customer service is great too! Steve, Joseph and Evan are all nice to work with and appreciate my business. This means a lot to me! I highly recommend Elegant Floor Service.

Description of Work
Installation of hardwood floors

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Review for Elegant Floor Services - 2322 B Montgomery St, Silver Spring, MD - 38674001

05/26/2020

Pat B.

The sales person, Steve, did a good job understanding our needs. The quote was very straight forward to see each room's costs (i.e., removal, prep, refinishing). They provided some helpful FAQs to help understand the process. We also heard from other neighbors that used Elegant Floor Services and had wonderful experiences. The 3 person crew arrived promptly at 8:00am each morning and worked non-stop 8 hours each day. They were very polite, friendly, and wore face masks when necessary. The crew supervisor spoke English well enough to bring things to our attention or allow us to ask questions. I was also impressed with the crew's attention to detail especially in the rooms where we needed new wood floors added. Overall job took 8 calendar days of which the crew was at our house 7 days. My family and I stayed in the house during this period. Now that the work is done, no one would be able to tell the difference between the rooms refinished vs newly done. There is one common flooring throughout our main level! Next on our list is to have our upstairs wood floors refinished. We'll definitely be using Elegant Floor Services for that work! Thanks, Pat

Description of Work
We had a combination of existing wood flooring that needed refinishing (~600 sq ft) as well as other rooms (i.e., carpet, ceramic tile) that we wanted replaced with wood flooring (~850 sq ft).

Work Completed On 05/25/2020

Review for Elegant Floor Services - 2322 B Montgomery St, Silver Spring, MD - 38593720

01/02/2020

Patricia P.

Our hardwood floors were in desperate need of refinishing and Elegant Floors did a fantastic job. There were a few hiccups with getting started but the quality of the work and quickness of the job was great. I would definitely hire then again.

Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors in living room, dining room and family room

Work Completed On 12/18/2019

Hardwood sales & installation, domestic & exotic wood species, hardwood floor refinishing, hardwood & stone floor repair, marble & natural stone restoration, diamond grinding maintenance, stripping, polishing, sealing, ceramic floor cleaning & sealing. We accept Visa, M/C, and Discover

Marble, stone & ceramic tile installation.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express