A One Call Handyman Service

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2012

11703 Newport Mill Rd

Silver Spring, MD 20902

5 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. After hour charges apply....

11/20/2016

Kevin H.

Excellent work

Description of Work
Bathroom light fixture/exhaust fan replacement

07/29/2015

John D H.

They found a way to remove the bars without damaging anything.

Description of Work
Removed iron security bars from 8 windows. Charged for 2 hours.

Category handyman service, replacement windows

03/20/2015

Fred I.

I was insulted by the behavior of Andrew Korzan. He would not give an estimate on a variety of jobs that would take 2 to 3 days. he wanted to come and just charge by the hour. Odd work style.

Description of Work
nothing--he would not deal with costing out the job. He lectured me on how work is performed.

12/18/2014

Patricia F H.

Great. He discovered the problem within minutes and was able to fix it. He recommended further electrical replacement parts -- which are obviously needed. He will locate the parts (also need a new dimmer switch) and call to set up an appointment to install. I was very happy with the results and very pleased with the company and its representative.

Description of Work
Repaired electrical problem with my chandelier

08/29/2013

John D H.

They did a very good job. They found a way to do something I didn't know could be done. Some iron security bars from a window, I thought it had to be cut off and they found a way to break a welded joint and take it off without having to. They seem to have personalized service with knowledgeable people.

Description of Work
A One Call Handyman Service did some work for me.

08/30/2012

Liana S.

Whenever I need Mark to come do work for me at my house or in my rental unit, I set up an appointment with his brother. I usually get it worked out for Mark to come in 2-4 days. He is almost always prompt and calls if there is to be a delay. He goes over my list and we discuss any questions or concerns. Sometimes he has gone to get supplies and sometimes, I've provided them - it depends on the job. He works quickly but does quality work.

Description of Work
I have used this company extensively over the past 5 or 6 years. They have always been professional, done good work, and explained when there was something they couldn't do. Mark has done drywall repair and installation; fixed closets that have collapsed; installed new closets; put together a chest of drawers; installed wrap around wall shelving; built structures for the rubbish bins; laid flooring; built a wooden trellis...and many more things. I have been pleased with the promptness of their response to my phone calls and they have always let me know if they are going to be a bit late. I recommend this company very highly.

06/08/2012

Jane S.

We were selling our parents' home and had a set of French doors installed by Home Depot in 2000 that would not open. In fact we were not sure they would ever open. I made an appointment over the phone with Andrew, and Mark from One Call Handyman arrived as scheduled. He evaluated the problems (both doors were sticking severely on the threshold), and he was eventually able to get the doors open. He adjusted the hinges and the bottom weather stripping gasket so the doors would open and close properly. He also installed new weather stripping where the doors meet. When the job was done he cleaned up the work area. Very professional and we were very pleased. Also, we felt the pricing was very reasonable given the trouble-shooting and time needed to fix the doors.

Description of Work
Fixing outdoor French doors that would not open.

Category handyman service, doors

07/25/2006

FRANCIS D.

It started to rain so he left. I have not been able to get a hold of them since. He also showed up that day without calling to confirm. All tasks completed to a satisfactory level; Exterior painting, fence and gate reinforced, window screens re hung, and Arbors hung.

Description of Work
One hour of work on May 26th for exteriors paint. He removed screens and put put down landscape timbers.

06/14/2006

Dolly S.

One Call Handyman made an appointment to do various odd jobs. The arrival time was scheduled as 1 - 3 pm on Monday June 11. I received a call at 2pm that, due to illness, they would not be able to come. They said they would come on Tuesday between 1 and 3, and I agreed. On Tuesday, they did not show up or call. I called their number at 3:30 pm and reached voicemail. I did not pursue trying to contact them because it would be a further waste of my time.

Description of Work
Various odd jobs were done such as: hanging ventian blinds, repair door sill, etc.

05/23/2006

R R.

The work done in our house seems fine, however I have been trying for weeks to get someone to answer my calls. Andrew did some repairs to a rental property for me, and has not given me a report about what he did/did not do, has not given me an invoice, and has not answered my questions about what is wrong with the light and refrigerator. I also asked if other work could be done at my house, and again never received a call back. I see no problem with the quality of the work, but customer service leaves a lot to be desired. The reason I called this company was, because of the high rating on Angie's list, so I'm surprised and disappointed that they are not more responsive. We had hoped to build a long term working relationship since I manage several properties in the area.

Description of Work
Installed a wall mounted air conditioning unit ($375). Performed general repairs to a rental property.

Stevens Co

Competetive Pricing. Award winning. richard.stevensplumbing@gmail.com mikecalomeris@yahoo.com

RestoreUnow

WATER, FIRE & MOLD Damage Restoration & Clean-up Services! When disaster strikes your home or business, you need an experienced professional company to restore your property back to pre-loss condition. We offer immediate disaster response and can work with your insurance company. Having a disaster happen can be a traumatic time in your life and we understand every aspect of this. Our goal is to not only restore your home or business properly but to also ease your mind. From the initial phone call until after we've completed the work, we promise you'll be completely satisfied. We urge you to take a few moments to read our reviews, learn about our services, and contact us with any questions you may have.

My Carpet Cleaning & Restoration Service

My Carpet Cleaning & Restoration Services specializes in Providing Premium Cleaning & Restoration Services while Protecting the rest of your Home, Possessions and Environment. After working for several less than reputable companies, I decided the only way I could provide services that I could be proud of ethically and make a decent living was to go into business for myself. So I did and here I am nearly 30 Years later. Since 1992, I have been providing my services to Homeowners like you as well as some of the areas prominent Businesses, Churches, Government Offices, Nursing Homes, Office Buildings, Realtors, Restaurants, Schools, Sports Clubs etc. No matter what size the job, I place an Emphasis on Quality that is unsurpassed. If I'm not happy with the results, how can I expect them or you to be? As an I.I.C.R.C. Certified Firm and A Master Cleaner and Restorer I have the knowledge and expertise to not only to Provide You the Most Thorough Cleaning EVER or It's FREE! As the name implies, I Clean Carpet, very well I might add. I can also remove most Pet Stains & Odors. Upholstery Cleaning is performed to the highest levels attainable without risk of damaging the fabrics. Using multiple products, tools and Methodologies, I'll clean your fabrics as aggressively as Possible to get them as clean as Possible. Power Cleaning of Ceramic Tile is another service that We Excel in; renewing your floors appearance and removing the germs that are growing on your floor. Water Damage Restoration; Not only do we extract the water and dry the carpet, which is where most carpet cleaners stop, we actually dry the structure. Using Thermal Imaging and moisture probes to find the water others don't and then specialized Thermal Drying Equipment to dry the structure without totally gutting your home if possible. We'll return your home back to a Dry and Healthy Environment Then, we can put everything back together again, Restoring your home back to it's Pre-loss Condition!

Offers by My Carpet Cleaning & Restoration Service on Angi

Silver Spring
    03/07/2017

Handyman including remodeling, installation and repair of kitchen & bathroom, roofing, window, door, plumbing, gutter installation, repair and cleaning, floor, deck, electrical, phone wiring, painting, water & smoke damage, carpentry and more