Carpet & Floor Express Inc

08/21/2022

12:00 PM - 5:00 PM

1488 Rockville Pike

Rockville, MD 20852

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment
Laminate Flooring

Laminate Flooring

flooring
Laminate installed throughout entire house and sand/refinished the steps to match laminate.

Carpet & Floor Express, a family owned business, located in Rockville, Maryland has been satisfying customer flooring needs in the DMV since 1991! We offer free estimates, shop-at-homes, product consultations and sales & installations of carpet, hardwood, laminate, LVT & ceramic. Our team takes the time to work with our customers in delivering the best products & services! From the first consultation to the day of the installation, we are here to make your renovations a smooth and easy process. Feel free to stop by our showroom as we would love to work with you on your future projects!...
Carpet Installation project
Carpet Installation

carpet installation

Hardwood floor installation project
Hardwood floor installation

hardwood floors

202120886

carpet installation (174)flooring (71)hardwood floors (11)tile installation (2)carpet cleaning (3)

08/23/2021

Michele H.

Tony was professional and gave me an excellent price. The workers did a great job! They were also very nice to deal with.

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

09/15/2020

Stephen K.

The smoothest and easiest process I could ask for, no complaints whatsoever. I would highly recommend them to anyone with any sort of carpet and/or flooring needs! Customer service is unmatched and the owner and employees all clearly care deeply about their work.

Description of Work
New carpet installed in my basement

Category carpet cleaners,carpet installation

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

03/14/2019

Marion D.

Tony gave me good suggestions for material and color selection. Measurements were taken the same day and the material were promptly ordered. I had my new floor in about 2 weeks. The 3-man crew was prompt and efficient. I was very satisfied with the work performed.

Description of Work
New flooring in kitchen and entry hall

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

10/09/2018

Reuben R.

Tony was readily available and so helpful throughout the entire process. He gave us many different options in the showroom and we were able to find samples we loved that were within our budget. Tony reworked his schedule when we had to make changes and was so accommodating to what we needed. The carpet looks and feels great. We highly recommend Tony and his crew!

Description of Work
removed old carpeting and replaced with new carpeting

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

03/05/2018

Paul C.

Went very well Project took 2 days and looked awesome when it was completed. The crew worked very hard. Three upstairs bedrooms, stairs and basement were carpeted.

Description of Work
Carpeting in most of house.

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

02/05/2018

Mark G.

No problem, both the estimate and the installation went well. Everyone has punctual and professional.

Description of Work
Wall to wall carpet installed in front hall, living room, dining room, stairway, and upstairs hall way.

Work Completed On 01/17/2018

12/06/2017

Kirsten S.

It went very successfully. The prices were reasonable and I was not pushed into doing multiple rooms or more than what I could afford. I appreciated the simplicity of the process.

Description of Work
I had the carpeting replaced in the basement of my house.

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

07/24/2017

Anwar K.

We had tight window for installation due to other renovation work we were completing. Tony, who took over from Hamid, scheduled around our availability. The installation team was professional and did a fine job. There are small follow-ups that we intend to call them on.

Description of Work
We needed new carpet for large part of a home I recently purchased. Hamid was very helpful in the selection process and was able to find a deal that worked for us. We shopped before the closing and he came by to measure afterwards.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

06/05/2017

Karen W.

I'm very pleased with the work and would hire Carpet & Floor Express again. They provided a competitive quote, arrived on time, took excellent care of my furniture as they moved pieces around, and completed the job in less time than predicted. Best of all, the floor looks great!

Description of Work
Replaced carpet, tile, and linoleum flooring on the ground level of my town house with vinyl plank flooring. About 600 square feet.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

thank you for your business, it was a pleasure working with you.

05/31/2017

Laura C.

They arrived as expected, did an excellent job taking care of the details.

Description of Work
Removal of old carpet and Installation of vinyl down in the basement.

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

10/28/2016

Marian L.

I went to Carpet and Floor Express because of the good reviews on Angie's list. I had a general idea of the type of carpet and color I wanted. Tony showed me some options and I appreciated his low-key manner. I didn't feel any pressure from him to buy something more expensive. He had someone come to our home (the next day) to measure and shortly afterwards it was installed. The installers were very professional and they moved all our furniture so they could rip out the old carpet and install the new one. They moved the furniture back when they were done. The only thing we had to do was to take items off the shelves (bookcases, etc.). I was pleased with my experience from start to finish and I recommend Carpet and Floor Express without hesitation.

Description of Work
I needed a new carpet for the stairs and upstairs of my townhouse.

Work Completed On 10/18/2016

05/25/2016

David K.

We worked with Tony in the showroom and he showed us a wide selection of carpets that fit our needs. Once we got closer to making a decision he lowered the price on the carpet we really wanted. The installers showed up on time and did an excellent job -even moving some large furniture as part of the installation process. They offered to bind some of the leftover remnants so we could use them as throw rugs (at no extra charge). The old carpet was removed and they vacuumed the new rug before they left. All in all, i would use them again for my carpet needs and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in one room and on stairs.

Work Completed On 05/23/2016

05/02/2016

Bruce B.

After talking to a couple of other carpet companies, I was most impressed by Carpet & Floor Express based on their Angie's List reviews. Rather than call I simply drove to their store in Rockville. When I walked in I was overwhelmed by all the possible choices, and then I met Tony. He helped me to pick the perfect carpet and color for my master bedroom and gave me a great price as well. The carpet was delivered/installed on time and looks absolutely beautiful. Thank you Tony and Carpet & Floor Express. I will highly recommend you in the future, and you'll be my first and only choice when it comes time to re-carpet the basement. Great company!

Description of Work
Installed beautiful new carpet in master bedroom.

Work Completed On 04/18/2016

04/14/2016

Yimeem V.

Went to the store and talked with Tony. Already had a solid idea of what color and type of carpet we were looking for. I also had diagrams with dimensions for all the rooms and stairs I was looking to have carpeted. Within 10 minutes, Tony had calculated the total cost including labor and disposal, and tax. He came in at about 50% of the quotes we were getting from everyone else. They were extremely flexible on scheduling even though I called in twice to reschedule. We were in and out of his store in 15 minutes. Two guys showed up, spent about 6 hours to do all the installation, vacuuming, and hauled away all the old carpeting. Everything is still great and we couldn't be happier. It's the ONE thing in our home remodel that went exactly according to plan with no hiccups and no need to call a supervisor to come and do quality control. Thanks!

Description of Work
Moved some furniture. Removed all old carpet and padding. Installed new carpet and padding in three bedrooms, all closets, two sets of stairs and a basement in a DC row house.

Work Completed On 04/05/2016

12/09/2015

Myat L.

This was the second time we used Carpet and Floor Express. We told Tony what we were looking for and he gave us options and a deal. We were in and out in less than an hour. These guys are also very honest people. I mentioned 500 sq ft at the shop but actual measurement came out lower and they corrected the invoice. I would have happily paid for 500 sq ft but appreciated their honesty. The crew of two was great and finished ahead of schedule and now the basement looks great. Very painless and pleasant experience. For my future carpet needs, they will be my go to place.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in the basement

Work Completed On 12/08/2015

10/26/2015

John P.

Tony was very accommodating in preparing my condo for sale with new carpet after I had moved out of town. He ordered the carpet and scheduled the installation without a hitch. The price of the Mohawk carpet was very reasonable. When the job was done, the realtor reported that the carpet install was OK, but when I came out to inspect the job a month later, I found that some of the carpet was defective, with flaws in mfg and installation. Tufts of carpet were coming loose, and some of the seams were separating. The carpet installers apparently had not planned very well. They did not vacuum after the installation, nor had they glued the seams properly. I was glad the carpet got installed on time, but was surprised at the sloppy workmanship.

Description of Work
Removed oId carpet & pad, installed 600 sq ft of new berber carpet and pad in my DC condo.

Work Completed On 09/16/2015

Review for Carpet & Floor Express Inc - 1488 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD - 26954815

thank you for your review, just wanted to confirm that the original carpet that you had chosen was of a good quality but when you asked me to put a much less expensive carpet in your property thats what happens, and I warned you about this. that carpet is not defective and the workmanship is not sloppy, thats just what a very inexpensive carpet will look like, however if there is anything I can do to make the carpet look better for you I am at your service. thanks again for your business. Tony

08/05/2015

Gene L.

Carpet & Floor Express has a wide variety of selections in the sales office, where Tony was very helpful in suggesting options. The installers were punctual and very detail oriented. They did a terrific job removing our old carpet and installing wall-to-wall carpet throughout our house. We were very happy with the process and would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced wall-to-wall carpet.

Work Completed On 07/30/2015

11/20/2014

Janet S.

Spoke with Tony then visited the store. Explained my idea for tiles. After giving him the size of kitchen and wash roomc, Toney explained that using the particular tile was not cost effective. Gave me suggestions and then samples to take home to match my wooden floors. About 3 weeks later Tony called to check on my decision. Told him i had some furniture that i had to move before i could schedule. He reassured me that i should not worry about trying to move furniture. He arranged for measurement, we set the date and time, i came home from work and was speechless when i saw the transformation of my ugly kitchen floor. This past week had another contractor, for another home repair, he saw the kitchen floor and immediately requested contact information for the person who did flooring. Happily gave him Tony 's contact information

Description of Work
Flooring for kitchen and wash room

Category carpet installation,ceramic tile,flooring contractor

Work Completed On 04/10/2014

11/13/2014

KATHY K.

Initially I was somewhat unsatisfied with the installation, but I discovered that I chose a carpet of which the quality did not lend to a flawless installation. They came back trying to improve the seam situation, but one can only correct the situation with a better quality carpet. I found them to be very responsive and professional.

Description of Work
They did carpet installation.

Work Completed On 06/16/2014

10/11/2014

ROB C.

Installers came on time, worked quickly and flawlessly. Tony at the store was very helpful in finding the right carpet for us at an acceptable cost.

Description of Work
Installed new carpeting in bedroom, hall and stairs.

Work Completed On 09/06/2014

08/28/2014

Patricia C.

The company was great from start to finish. I got lots of very helpful advice as I selected the carpet, and it was installed promptly and professionally. A top notch experience.

Description of Work
New carpet for master suite

Work Completed On 08/22/2014

07/12/2014

John G.

I have a carpet that needs to be installed. Even though their listing says they provide installation services, they refused to provide installation unless you buy the carpet from them. Could it be they are marking up the carpet cost to cover the installation? Otherwise, why would they refuse to take the job? In any case, they should not be advertising installation on Angie's list if they refuse to provide this service.

Description of Work
False advertising

Work Completed On 07/12/2014

If you had taken your time to ask me why we do not install the carpet that is not sold by us then maybe you would not jump to conclusions and write reports that make no sense. The reason we do not install carpet that is not ours is because we do not know what quality of carpet you have and in most cases it could be a carpet of second quality or a pre installed carpet and when we install this carpet for you and you have a problem with it in six months I am the first call that you make thinking that we installed it wrong or what ever the problem is its installation related. Why don't you have the people who sold or gave you the carpet install it for you. a lot of times is because they sell you the carpet cheap and take no responsibility after that and don't want to install that carpet. We are a reputable company who does good work as its reported by our customers and that is why you called us, usually a report like this will have a worse reflection on you than our company. please next time you want to review someone make sure its just and not because they did not do what you wanted. thank you.